Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Céyehne / Kasumarii / Entertainer  (Read 7792 times)
Céyehne
Simple Shadow
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« on: October 11, 2007, 12:15:05 PM »

Name: Céyehne (pronounced ‘say – heen’)
Race:  Human
Tribe:  Kasumarii
Order: Darkpriest
Title: Simple Shadow

Appearance
Height: 1.6 peds
Hair Colour: Cyhalloian Snow
Eye Colour: Xazure

Physical Appearance, Clothing and Personality:
(As told by a young boy from Céyehne’s home)
Céy is a reeeeal beauty! Purdy, she is. I hear all the boys abou’ town whistlin’ 'er name between they teeth. One time I see her walk on by, swingin’ her hips. She knows they lookin’, she got no doubt in 'er mind. When those big blue eyes be lookin’ on ya, ye best git to runnin’ ‘cause she ain’t lettin’ go. Thinks she’s right funny, she does! Dances in the street, jus’ askin’ for the attention. Grinnin’ from ear’ta’ear she does! Beauty o’ a smile, too.. Sweet thing, always so nice to me….

Don’t reckon she’d hurt a tiny lil’ bug if it bit ‘er on the butt. Oh, oh. One time, I see her sneakin’ up on her friends, righ’? She wearin’ her usual skin tight.. and I mean skiiiin tight, ice-coloured clothin’, creepin’ through the snow so quiet-like. Her hair, it shor’ bu’ its so purdy, but ya ne’er see it ‘gainst the snow ‘round here! She scar’d ‘em half out to sea! Would’a never saw her had I been standin’ right there and had she not look’d over so sweetly at me.. puttin’ that small lil’ finger to ‘er lips and keepin’ me shoosh’d. Oh, no, never woulda seen ‘er in a million years.

That Céyehne. She’s near small as me, too, an’ I’m jus’ a kid still! Amazin’ how she can be so small. I’m warnin’ ya now, though. When she all dressin’ in those black robes, she be frightenin’ to look at. That ice-hair o’ hers is cover’d and her big red lips be stretched in a line when she like that. Concentratin’. Tha’s what she told me when I ask’d ‘er. She be concentratin’ on one o’ dose spells o’ hers. Funny as can be, they are!

I said it before, she’d never hurt a tiny lil’ bug with one o’ dose spells! She does change when she’s thinkin’, though. Her hands move so graceful when she does dose spells. Lots don’t even notice, they so entertain’d, but I do. I look righ’ at her the whole time, she’s so purdy ya kno’. Almos’ like she’s dancin’ and kno’s nobody’s watchin’. She’s got that kinda feel to her though, attracts people so easy. Everyone loves Céyehne. Don’t kno’ how ya couldn’t! And iff’n ye don’t be likin’ her righ’ away, ye jus’ gotta wait till she speaks! Tha’ voice could calm a giant!

Strengths and Weaknesses
Strengths

Darkpriest: Thick runs the line of the Darkpriest in Kasumarii women. Korenjah gifted Céyehne with the gift of Shadowmancy, thus entering her into the Kasumarri order of the Darkpriests.

Faithful: Céyehne, as she was taught throughout her training, has magnificent faith in Korenjah, and his gift of magic to her. The God of Shadows is very present in her life, and Céyehne's will and affinity towards shadowmancy is strong because of this.

Fun:  Céyehne will bring life to any situation. The woman is fun, friendly and good-natured. In most situations she will gladly dance, sing, or use her gift to entertain.

Nimble: Céyehne is small and light, she can move easily; twist and bend her body without a groan of pain. Agility aids her in her dancing and performing, giving her graceful and fluid movements.

Weaknesses

Emotionally frail: Céyehne is not strong emotionally. Unlike her kin, she loves to entertain, but is not an assassin nor a murderer. Although trained to use an Armoured Fan, she chooses to use it only in defense, and although a Darkpriest, Céyehne see’s her gift from Korenjah as a way to bring joy to her people.

Timid: Despite her talents at entertaining, Céyehne’s antics are certainly a show. Underneath, the woman is daunted and scared by the world and sometimes even her own ability. The comfort of her home is her only refuge.

No backbone: Céyehne’s kind heard bests her at times, giving in to the most ridiculous requests. The woman will do what it takes to make others happy, but this will usually forfeit her own needs.

Control: Occasionally, because she has not been fully trained in all areas of her magical abilities, or because she may be in a state of emotional distress, causing her focus to turn from Korenjah and her will to lessen, Céyehne can lose control. Believing in herself sometimes becomes a difficulty for whatever reason, and her concentration and will to perform magic is broken.

Magic:
(in describing the art of shadowmancy, as told by a mentor of Ceyehne from her home)
Now, I told Céyehne all about shadowmancy when we found she possessed the gift. Ah, Korenjah endowed her with a beautiful gift to compliment a beaut' of a woman. When she enter'd into our order, I said to her, I said 'Céyehne, ye must first understand the nature of the thing, before the thing itself'. Now, don't go askin' me what no 'thing' is, that's just what I said. I told Céyehne 'bout her aura, her Cár'áll. She don't believe me at first, she just laugh that wonderful laugh she has, but I tell her to listen carefully.

Us Kar'ii, we special. We got Korenjah, and He's workin' on us with love. He's held us up and we gotta use what we got. I said 'Céyehne, yer aura loves the shadows'. An' it does. We ain't no fire mages! Sure, I says, Céyehne's got the potential to work the fire, too, but she ain't gonna use it! That girl's scarder than a sheep runnin' from a Slinker, she is. Scar'd to use her own abilities sometimes. Had to push that woman hard to git her where she is today. Oh, anyway. Céyehne's aura, well, mine too, loves the shadows. We gots to use what we got! and we got shadows. They come in real useful, too.

I explain to her, I said 'Céyehne, you got an energy of life and love, ye love ta dance so ye must use what ye gots!' The girl's energy, that aura of hers is strong. The will inside Céyehne can prob'ly do most anythin' she puts her mind to, but she puts her mind to what she does and nothin' else. Kornjah give 'er the shadows, but Céyehne's got Queprur on her side too! That girl join'd our Order and ask'd us to mentor her? Posh! Given time that lovely life and energy she gots could blow us far into the Seas!
Céyehne is a Darkpriest, possessing the magic of Shadowmancy. She believes, as Shadowmancers do, that her ability to bend shadows was given to her by Korenjah, the God of Shadows. Her magic, because it was gifted to her, is released directly from her, instead of from Korenjah. Because of this, shadowmancy to the Kasumarii people is clerical, but not in the sense most Santharians describe it. Céyehne considers it a deep and complex part of her being and vowed to use it wisely. Céyehne's love of dancing, laughing, and joyous occasions leads her to use her ability towards the entertainment of her kinsmen.

As a fairly skilled shadowmancer (after much practice and many mistakes), Céyehne is proficient in the areas she knows and practices almost daily. Throughout her training, she learned first to bend the shadows. Taking shadows cast from fire or candlelight about the room, fluid and rhythmic motions of her hands empower Céyehne to move them with her will. Bending the shadow to her will, Céyehne can shroud herself in shadow as she dances, creating an awe inspiring silhouette. In the same way, she can seem to 'disappear' into the shadows, bending them around her and concealing her completely. When letting them fall back into their place, she will reappear as if from nowhere.

A couple years into her learning, Céyehne nearly perfected the ability to cast ghostlike forms from the shadows. While she dances, Céyehne uses the movement of her body, more importantly her arms, to direct the shadowy figures, allowing them to dance with and about her, or about the onlookers at hand. Because shadowmancy does not require spoken spells, Céyehne casts with only her movements, making a dance that much more important to her. Many in her Order use the same type of casting to assist in assassinations, using the shadow creatures to slice a target's throat, or cover themselves in shadow while they lie in wait for the perfect opportunity. Although Céyehne does use her magic to hide, she does not intend to use it to kill.

Céyehne's magical ability does not encompass much else, although her mentors tried to push her further when she mastered the first bits of knowledge so quickly. Céyehne cannot actually will her shadow formations to carry an object, such as a knife, only to dance about objects. Most of the time, the shadowy figures are vapor enough to step through other objects, as Céyehne rarely works to master that ability.

Frightened that if she reaches her full potential, the creatures will indeed suck life from innocent bystanders who came to be entertained. Céyehne is only skilled in select areas of Shadowmancy, only pieces of the art she herself can deal with and use to entertain. She has a soft heart, no want or need to use her gift from Korenjah against anyone else. However, she is skilled at the pieces she uses in her dances and can protect herself in hiding if need be.

History:
(As told by an elder from Céyehne’s home)
Awh, Céyehne growed up righ’ under my nose! Such a fireball, she was. Oh, sure, she still is, but she was runnin’ right from the beginnin’! She could melt de sno’ she goin’ and goin’ so much! Such a lov’ly chil’ though! ‘Er parents ain’t anywhere t’be seen, bu’ she always smilin’ and laughin’, runnin’ about and makin’ so many frien’s! ‘round our sno’y little island o’ Guldor she been, all o’er dep place. We move’n’move bu’ it don’t seem t’bother ‘er much at all, such a strong chil’. She was under de care o’ me’n de other elder folks o’ de bunch, an’ I think she turn out jus’ fine!

Love t’ kno’ her parents, I would! ‘cause she so pretty, you kno’. So happy an’ pretty an’ I wish I knew another like ‘er! All ‘er friends though, they be dabblin’ wit’ der moonblades an’ all ‘dis killin’, bu’ lil’ Céyehne, ‘cause she so lon’ly wit’out ‘er folks, she don’t wan’ t’ kill anyone! Oh, it’s a mys’try t’ most, bu’ I see what angle she comin’ from! Folks jus’ gone like dat, who’d wan’ yer frien’s to leave too? Not a soul would, an’ Céyehne sure di’n’t. Oh, she train wit’em fer fun, bu’ you see ‘er, slinkin’ off to do a bit o’ trainin’ of ‘er own…

So mysterious, Céyehne got t’be. Not a word from ‘er for days som’times! Strange and cruel, it seemed our world was bein’ t’her. Queprur seem’d t’ look down on poor Céyehne, bu’ Korenjah chose t’ favor the girl. She b’ makin’ dese strange han’ mov’ments one day an’ my eyes go wide an’ I see de shadows begin t’dance. She be’ spendin’ time wit’ de others I though to m’self an’ I knew she was one o’ dem chosen ones, spendin’ time wit’ all dose black-rob’d womens of de tribe. They all so skill’d n’ special, look’d up t’ by all de youngins, too! Ah, anyway, she b’ one o’ dem Darkprie’ts now, and I be scar’d to see how she use such a talent.

I weren’t scar’d fer lon’, though! That Céyehne, she ne’er waste a minute o’ time! She b’ already out der, as soon as she learn, makin’ jokes an’ entertainin’ de whole camp! I wa’ scar’d she b’ sneakin’ up on me like all de others, showin’ off ‘er skills when she learn she has ‘em, bu’ she jus’ b’ makin’ me laugh’n’laugh! Still dancin’ and smilin’ and de same ol’ Céyehne! Ah, I’m so thrill’d she de same ol’ Céyehne… wish I knew who de parents were, she so pretty an’ talent’d. Tha’s how she liv’d, Céyehne did. She kept on entertainin’ like nothin’ was diff’rent ‘bout ‘er! ‘Course, somethin’ was, she almos’ seem’d scar’d o’ herself som’times. One time I see ‘er an’ she look’d t’ b’ consum’d wit’ de shadows, the poor girl. So fright’n’d an’ nothin’ I could do, see? Nothin’ at all..

Bu’ she be growin’. Céyehne keep on learnin’ an’ gettin’ guidance an’ she gettin’ good! She kno’s de shadows an’ de ligh’… Korenjah took special care o’ ol’ Céyehne ‘cause she ain’t got no blood family she kno’ of. We take real good care o’ ‘er tho’… we really do! Wouldn’t see Céyehne hurt, tha’s why we gave ‘er dat Armor’d Fan o’ hers. Can’t see the poor thin’ hurt ‘cause she ain’t doin’ no killin’. She don’ realize how dang’rous dat b’. De Kar’ii b’ assass’ns, it b’ in our blood, bu’ den she don’ e’en kno’ whos blood she gots so I s’pose I can’t blame ‘er.

It hur’ ol’ Céyehne aft’r she figur’d out she ain’t got no folks .When she in ‘er twenties she left. People say she took on o’ dem ships from Carabrand, dey ones dat take an’ bring de youngins t’ de schools an’ back. Some say she go t’ dat Xima’ school t’ study, bu’ she wouldn’t wan’ no more pow’r, I think. I think Céyehne gone t’ b’ a grea’ entertainer! She wouldn’t earn no money here doin’ wat she do, we got lots who can do de same, bu’ she b’ unique an’ special outside de island. Lots o’ money out der for de special. That Céyehne, though. She so fragile. She b’ runnin’ ‘round here jus’ fine wit frien’s t’ look after ‘er, bu’ out der she ain’t got no one! Scar’d she’ll b’, wit out any more guidance and wit out us. You jus’ see, she b’ comin’ back.

(Continuation of Céyehne’s history provided by an enthralled wanderer)

Damn, that woman was a beaut’ if I ever saw one! ‘second she enter that Tavern I had my sights set on ‘er. Those curves and that pallid, frail lookin’ skin call to me from the very start. And the second she take off that billowy black robe, she be clothed in magnificent white, and oooh boy it was skin tight if ya know what I be lookin at. Oh, where was I? I was over there by that Magic City… you know the place. She arrive there by ship, I think, and I wonder where the pretty girl come from right off. Too scared to approach her, I was. Bein’ the greasy git I am.

Instead, I follow’d ‘er. Learnt her name, Céyehne, almost prettier than the girl, it was. At first she seemed to wander without no real purpose, you know? She sway dis way and that on the map, first up by Salsair, then back down by Rimmerins Ring, as if she couldn’t make up ‘er damn mind ‘bout where she headed. I didn’t care much, though. It was watchin’ her I loved. In the Inn’s and taverns the girl be dancing like nobody’s business. Ah, she always kept the men away from ‘er, bu’ it wasn’t too hard. Although she pretty, most are scar’d of Céyehne. When she dances and sings, if ya look jus’ at ‘er ya see beauty, bu’ if ya look abou’ ya  at the shadows in the room, ya git creepy crawlies on yer skin. The shadows dance with Céyehne. Scariest thing I ever saw the first time.

Even now when I watch ‘er I get the feelin’ somethin’s gonna git me. Keeps me wantin’ more though, it does. Don’t know how she do it, but she can suck the light from a room like that. She always movin those graceful arms to and fro, always movin’, always her big blue eyes be focus’d on somethin’ else. No, nothin’ in the room, jus’ something beyond. Perhaps she thinkin’ of ‘er lost love or her ol’ folks, bu’ those blues never lay an eye on a patron when she dances. She never looked at me once! The woman so far outta my reach is the one I got my sights set on… it’s a damn shame it is.

Gits into trouble, Céyehne does. Men see tha' gorgeous woman wit all 'er curves an' those lips an' run after 'er like I imagine doin', but with less nobler causes if ye know wha' I mean. Damn shame, it is. 'cause she's so frail an' fright'n'd all th' time when they's around 'er. I've gott'n into more'n one tavern brawl over Céyehne. She don't kno' I'm fight'n fer 'er, bu' I am. Well, she kno', bu' not in the way she thinks. She thinks I'm jus' another fight'n t' git my mits on 'er, bu' that's not the case at all! I jus' wanna protect the poor thin', I'm too scar'd t' git any closer. Ah, so tim'd, she is. Fragile as can be, too. Wit'out those intim'datin' shadows 'round 'er all th' time I'd swear she'd blow righ' away wit the wind.

Anyway, she moved about without any real direction, bu’ then she started movin east pretty steady. Toward the sea again, I though. T’go back where she came from and leave me be, all alone and wantin’. Sure ‘nuff we ended up in Carmalad, an’ I jus’ bout rushed up, beggin’ her not to go an’ leave me wit out ‘er right der in the Harbour, bu’ then I lost ‘er. Yea, she was gone! Scariest thing I ever saw. She didn’t get on a ship, no. Bu’ she turned an’ look’d right at me, she did. Those blue eyes bore into my soul an’ it hurt. The shadows, like when she dance, they came up aroun’ me and I open’ my mouth to scream jus’ as she parted her own lips, as if to say somethin’, some kinda warnin’ to me.. bu’ she was gone. The shadows fell back to their niches and crannies and she was gone. I ain’t seen ‘er since, and I ain’t gonna go lookin’.

Weapons:  Céyehne can bend light and move shadows. This can be a valuable weapon, if she so chose to use it. Also, Céyehne carries an armoured fan, tucked into her tight clothing at the hip. However, she chooses to use this weapon as a defense—only to harm if she’s in dire need.

Belongings: Céyehne carries little with her other than what she can carry on her person.  A purse jingles with a small amount of coin, a tightly wrapped parcel of spare clothing she stuffs within the cloak that covers her nor’sidion robes.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 06:18:05 AM by Vesk Lyricahl » Logged

cry me a future where the revelations run amok.
Céyehne
Mina
Ávash'deláey
Approved Character

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 10:35:07 PM »

I can't remember at the moment whether we ever restricted Shadowmancy; I'll go check with the others.  For now, I don't think Shadowmancy has levels like the Ximaxian system, though you should check with Josephine to be sure. 

Céyehne
Simple Shadow
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 12:41:49 AM »

Thank you, Mina.

I will get to work on the history and hope for the best  :)

Céyehne
Céyehne
Simple Shadow
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 01:45:37 AM »

Finished with the history, I'll change it if need be and I cannot use Shadowmancy.

:)

Céyehne
Twén Aråerwén
Death's Mistress
Approved Character

Elf, Ifer’hém

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 05:15:07 AM »

Shadowmancy would be tiered similar to a clergy not like the Ximaxian rankings. You would have something like altar boys, priests, arch-priest, if I recall properly the upper ranks of that particular clergy are defined in the Kar'ii entry. Since the exact names for these ranks within specific clergy are undefined, it is hard to say what "label" you should use to define your characters devote ranking. Though I would like to see more detail in her Shadowmancy section, expressing the limits of her abilities. As it is written now much of it is vague and left open for interpretation on many levels.
~Sincerely~
Cáo fá cár'tuulén:Twen Araerwen

•º•The spell fell upon the crowd like a dragon, •º•
•º•ancient and full of death.•º•
_.·´¯) Twén Aråerwén's CD(¯`·._
Céyehne
Simple Shadow
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 05:22:55 AM »

Thank you Twen. Would that be the bit about Moon, Storm, Black Rose, Vengeance, and Shadow?

I was confused by that part. Those are the only ranks I could think of.. but they are in the government section.

I will add more detail to her abilities.. I wanted to be sure it wasn't restricted first. :)

Céyehne
Twén Aråerwén
Death's Mistress
Approved Character

Elf, Ifer’hém

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 05:26:49 AM »

There are a lot of possibilities with the ideas presented for Shadowmancy. I think by clarifying what your character can and can not do would help others decide on the permissibility of this CD. It would also grant those discussing it a look into how much you understand of what you are making. IMHO

It is surprising what clarity and a show of knowledge can do for you. ;)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 05:27:56 AM by Twén Aråerwén » Logged

Céyehne
Simple Shadow
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 09:18:53 AM »

Alrighty, I'll explain as best I can based on the knowledge I've gathered from the Kasumarii, Shadowmancy, and magic entries. Thanks for the advice, Twen grin

Edit: I think I'm finished! To the best of my knowledge, at least.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 03:43:51 PM by Céyehne » Logged

Céyehne
Twén Aråerwén
Death's Mistress
Approved Character

Elf, Ifer’hém

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2007, 10:22:42 AM »

In all honesty your mention that she is on par with a mage of Ximax that can cast in the range of SphereIII is quite frightening. At the very least she would be considered 7th lvl in magic, using Ximaxian terms. Took me a couple years of studying magic to even come close to this.

This means your character is a master of Shadowmancy and definitely beyond the allowable levels for playable characters. A CD of such a powerful individual can only be oked by an administrator. I myself would be inclined to ask you step this down a good bit.

At your characters age I would think she would be around the power of a 5th lvl mage in regards to her magic. Basically placing her in the center of Sphere II understandings of magic.

Even a graduate of Ximax would be 36 years old and this would be the 6th lvl of understanding. Considering over 90% of graduates never exceed this level of understanding, you clearly state your character is in this plateau at an age much younger than possible for mastery of Sphere II.
~Sincerely~
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 10:49:46 AM by Twén Aråerwén » Logged

Céyehne
Simple Shadow
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2007, 12:43:13 PM »

Hmmm. wow.

Thank you, Twen. I honestly meant for her to not be powerful at all, given that she's too afraid to use her abilities to kill or do anything drastic---only aid in her entertaining.

I must have read something wrong, indeed. Dangit.

Thanks for pointing it out, as its definitely a problem. I'll read through it all again more carefully.

Céyehne
Céyehne
Simple Shadow
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2007, 01:14:05 PM »

Okay, I modified it a little, but as I said in the previous comment, I honestly don't mean for her to be some incredible, unplayable character. Just skilled at what she knows, and frightened to go any further.

Because of that I'll leave the question mark and stuff until I can fix it/clarify it better. :)

Céyehne
Twén Aråerwén
Death's Mistress
Approved Character

Elf, Ifer’hém

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2007, 04:59:39 AM »

No problems from me Ceyehne, we just have to be careful when comparing your "clerical" abilities with Ximaxian as they are indeed very different. Once you used a statement of Sphere comprehension to describe what she could do. You took her to a level beyond most playable characters. The icon and addition to the title of the thread was to bring an Admin here in hopes they would have some comments. But as it appears you are ok with stepping things back a bit, I will change them.

I will do a complete read over of what you have this evening. But the sections I have read are wonderfully written.
~Sincerely~

Céyehne
Simple Shadow
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2007, 07:24:35 AM »

Thank again, Twen :)

Céyehne
Fox
Drifter
CD Mod

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2007, 07:51:41 AM »

Looks fine to me, though I am not at all a Shadowmancy expert. My field lies purely in the formula of Ximax magic, Rayne was the one that did Shadowmancy.

That being said, Shadowmancy is similar along lines of Gifted magic in terms of feasibility. It can't really be compared with Ximaxian magic, so you need an indepth description of what exactly you can do. What you've described now seems just fine to me. I have absolutely no idea how long it would take to get to that level of ability though--again, it isn't my field of expertise. As it is more of a creative, intuitive, and highly limited thing rather than something you can learn, however, it probably takes much fewer years of training.

I'd recommend not comparing it at all to either Ximaxian or Clerical magic. Because there are so many differences between them. Both Ximaxian and Clerical are generalist magics, while Shadowmagic is extremely focused on a singular magical trait. A fire mage can manipulate strands of fire to form shapes and such, but they can do a lot more. Shadowmancy only manipulates those strands of shadow, however, they can do little else.

Long story short, what you have written seems fine to me. Ultimately it's not a case of requiring a magic expert since shadowmancy isn't a structured system. It's merely a case of what looks balanced compared with age and other strengths and weaknesses.
Twén Aråerwén
Death's Mistress
Approved Character

Elf, Ifer’hém

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2007, 08:38:53 AM »

@Josephine: Though true that fire and Shadowmancy are closely related, mainly on the property of animation IMHO. There should be some definitive boundary or plateau of understanding in Shadomancy. That defines when or if the shadow manipulator can go from forming and moving strands of shadow and the point in which they can make them become physical.

I do not see it as non-clerical but more a set standard of miracles granted by Korenjah to his faithful. Hence I would have to say strength of faith and the years building it has a lot to do with the strength of the Shadowmancer. Even modern day religions grant more spiritual strength to the elderly faithful I.E.. Pope.Real life example: Communion can only be given by a priest ..... not an altar boy and not a nun. (Religious titles stand for something far more than a way of classification.)

As Shadowmancy is only granted to the faithful of this religion, I do not see the resemblance to the "Gifted" in any context. Though a complete writeup of clerical miracles and their faiths would do wonders to clear some of this up.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 08:42:08 AM by Twén Aråerwén » Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]