Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Thirsty Herald XVI: Day 4 Sunreign  (Read 64165 times)
Twén Aråerwén
Death's Mistress
Approved Character

Elf, Ifer’hém

« on: November 30, 2007, 09:55:51 AM »

New Day please post here. Reference the previous thread to acquire information pertinent to your posts. There is no time change from the previous thread, merely opening a new day thread as should've been done previously.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 07:18:40 AM by Twén Aråerwén » Logged

•º•The spell fell upon the crowd like a dragon, •º•
•º•ancient and full of death.•º•
_.·´¯) Twén Aråerwén's CD(¯`·._
Céyehne
Simple Shadow
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 10:58:16 AM »

Watching her as she answered, Céyehne noticed that as with Miraran, this girl seemed quite her opposite. Taller and darker, she still contained a dazzling beauty Céyehne envied. Her eyes, too, were more intriguing than any she had seen.  She matched, violet and black, in every way… Céyehne’s eyes twinkled as she thought Even her bear matches. The story of Glacier and this woman’s meeting was an endearing one, and when she asked if Céyehne had any pets a mirthful laugh rang from her throat. Pushing a snowy lock aside, ginger lips delicately formed her rolling speech, ”I’ve nary a pet, darlin’. I’ve not had a compan’on like yerself in me travels. Mus’ b’ good t’ have such a thing.” Smiling, Céyehne’s pale cheeks bubbled around her eyes and she gracefully took a small bite of her meal. Chewing slowly, she remembered how hungry she really was, and took a couple more quick bites before continuing.

Indeed she hadn’t had a companion quite like this girl, although she would have called her “companions” bears as well. Many would stalk and prowl by night, hiding and silently watching by day. Yes, one in particular caught attention in her mind and she involuntarily scowled at the thought. His prudence, and unworldly endurance almost drove Céyehne mad, forcing her to use her precious gift against another human for the first time. Dear Korenjah, she thought with exasperation, why mus’ so many turn gif’s int’ burdens? Swallowing her bite, Céyehne brought her thoughts back to the present, and looked into her friend’s violet eyes with her own xazure orbs.

”An’ what’s yer bus’ness ‘round here.. oh! Me name b’ Céyehne.” She gave a slight nod of her head in apology for her impolite overlooking of the woman’s name. Or was it really girl? Looking at her soft complexion, Céyehne felt much older than this girl. What could such a young woman be seeking on the edges of a desert? Strata lay nearby, but any who visited there first would surely stay within the city walls. Eyes searching about the room, Céyehne wondered at every patron within the Tavern. Each had separate, interesting, intriguing lives; yet all congregated in this single place. Such a wonder, life was at times.

cry me a future where the revelations run amok.
Céyehne
Kaldez’Yadra
The Searcher
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 11:46:12 AM »

Kaldez jumped slightly when a bear walked into his view, he quickly shook himself You know better than that, you shouldn't be so jumpy Kaldez sniffed a couple times at a nice aroma and finaly noticed his food and drink had come, when he looked back at the women nealing on the floor she was engrossed in a different conversation so he looked around the room and saw a man who ahd been in that room, he was sitting wiht his... Wolf Whats with all the animals i mean wow, dog, cat, at least two wolves, a bear, and.. a fox i think kaldez sighed slightly shook his head and approached the man sitting at the table with his wolf he nodded his head to the mana nd an open seat across form him and spoke "Do you mind if i sit here sir?" Maybe i can find out whats been going on while i was..incapacitated

Nothing is impossible for impossibility is impossible- Kaldez'Yadra
Torscha
Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 04:13:08 AM »

[OOC: Oh, the reply button's back, huzzah!]

Torscha was startled by the elf's quick and practically silent reappearance. Bereft of the momentary poise to do anything suave, he gaped for a second, before deciding to occupy the unsightly hole in his face by applying it with gusto to the newly arrived pint. The cool brown ale was welcome: its thick malty flavour filled his mouth, washing away the travel dust and the thirst he'd worked up explaining the dice game to Tiras. The rich kids can keep their wine and spirits, he thought, a bard's drink will always be a long, cold pint. Strange how that is, really. I wonder how they keep their casks so cold.

He placed the empty tankard on the counter before Twen, grinning at her completely unaware of the comical picture he made with foam clinging to his uncharacteristically clean-shave upper lip. "Thank ye kindly, mistress, for refreshing both my voice and my eyes. It's been a long and dry walk; I appreciate the brown. Strange how that works, really. Some things that one craves quenches desire; others, when acquired, only excites them.

"I apologise for the rowdiness. It is early in the day yet, and my waking mind has yet to fully master my dreaming soul; seeing you pass by, it must have perceived itself to still be in a dream, and incited me to action before my thrice-cursed sleep-fogged mind could stifle it."
Catching a distorted reflection of himself in the bank of glasses behind the bar, he swiped hastily at his impromptu moustache. Damn. I'm being all kinds of stupid today.

"You haven't changed a whit since last we met. How has time been treating you? I know it passes differently for your kind than for mine, but I would not have expected a small, quiet place like this to have been able to hold you this long." Self-consciously, Torscha looked down, rolling a die across the backs of his fingers as he spoke. Completely involuntarily, his voice lost its endearing country burr, it being replaced with a strangely courtly lilt, a measured cadence all the more compelling for not having been deliberate.  "Your soul strikes me as being as restless as fire; never still, always moving. Forgive my boldness, but such an occupation ill-becomes one such as you."

The die clattered to the countertop. Fingers suddenly clumsy, he swept it aside and managed a half-smile for Twen. "Then again, let it not be thought that I am ungrateful; I could scarcely have asked for a more charming face to greet me this morning. No bevy of harlots could match you, bright lady."

A trifle discomfited with his erstwhile acquaintance regarding the lovely elf with all the close scrutiny that might be expected - or, more judiciously, demanded - of a man, he added, not without some reluctance, "This gentleman and I were just about to throw dice on a wager. We're both long on wind but short on coin, and decided to wager stories as stakes, but I suddenly realise how churlish it is of me to offer that to someone else, when the song that I owe you has remained unsung for so long. With your pardon, new friend whose name I have not been privileged to know as yet, shall I play for you, lady?"

Nyxthia Calfuray
Inquisitive Regenade
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 03:22:10 PM »

”...An’ what’s yer bus’ness ‘round here.. oh! Me name b’ Céyehne.” Nyxthia looked up from her food. Quickly chewing and swallowing the juicy meat, she smiled at the friendly Kar-ii. "I'm Nyxthia, but you may call me Nyxie if you wish. As for my reason to be here, I'm a cartographer. Mapmaker. I'm trying to add to my collection of maps, so, here I am!" Nyxthia chuckled.

A slender hand brought her wine glass to her pink lips. Nyxthia took a few small sips, relishing the taste of the beverage as it spread over her tongue. She particularly liked the hint of alcohol in the drink, a subtle amount that would not make one inerbrated quickly. Mentally noting to ask for more later, she looked at the remaining amount of steak she had. Long fingers lifted up her knife and sliced a square that was roughly a fifth of her steak, before she handed it to Glacier.

"So," she said to Céyehne. "What are you doing here?"

Krinaia
Gifted Enchantress
Approved Character

Half-Elf, Arthyron/ Centoraurian

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 08:38:06 PM »

Krinaia’s fingers played with the silver necklace on her neck while her eyes observed with concentration as Ben aliened the flesh and sewed it back together. She was still standing next to the watching for any slight movements from the bard that would indicate consciousness, ready if needed assistance to hold him down. But she saw non which was probably for the better because it would have been harder to sew back the wound and painful too for the elf.

When all was done Aminah offered to stay with the elf and watch over him.  She mentioned that she had helped her mother care for her patients and would know if the bard needed a healer. Nodding in agreement Krinaia thought that Aminah was right they needn’t all be here.

Garret offered that he could watch the bard later if he hadn’t come around and then moved towards the door with his wolf behind him. Her eyes followed them as they left wondering whether she should stay to help.

But there was nothing to do now except wait for the elf to wake up. Krinaia had never met any one like Aminah before, not just the way she dressed and talked but something else she sensed. She wanted to find out exactly what that was but she’d have that chance later when the bard had woken up she decided. She needed to see Swift and couldn’t take any more of the pungent smell of blood and pus.

As she made up her mind to leave she heard Yurie say, "Say, sister, have you eaten yet?  How 'bout I buy you breakfast?  I don't know about you, but all this worrying has given me a mighty hunger!"

She admitted to her self she was hungry, she had left her food when the bard had fainted. And only a fool would turn down a free meal and good company.

“Sure” she said to Yurie smiling sweetly, “that would be great.” 

She moved to get out of the room before remembering that she still had the bard’s lute. While placing the lute on the table she remembered that Aminah had nothing to eat either and offered“You must be hungry too if you like I can have someone bring something up."

Till taught by pain, men know not water's worth
Drexal ben Putin
Fighter
Approved Character

Human, Lyr'teimor Kuglim

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 02:23:57 PM »

Drexal opened his eyes.  Almost immediately, a sigh of relief escaped him.  It was no sweet dream; it was real!  There, beside him, her face laying just a palmspan from his own on the pillow, was Khel.  His heart leaped at the sight of her.  She was so very beautiful to him that he scarcely allowed himself to breathe for fear of waking her.

Carefully, he propped himself up on one elbow and stared at her.  Gingerly, he reached out and lightly brushed a wisp of hair that was hanging in her face.  He let his fingers linger just a moment on her cheek.  She was warm, and he felt his fingers burn at the touch and he shivered in delight.

His mind traveled back to last night.  She had given in to him, and he to her, in a passion that nearly set the room ablaze.  Never before had his body reacted in such ways.  Her caress had nearly hurt his skin with the intensity in which he felt it.  There lips had meshed and melded together; tongues finding new reaches to explore and play.  Seeing her naked, her skin shining with perspiration had sent him into a frenzy that had very nearly frightened him.  He had to have her; and have her he did, several times, though as much as he thought he was being insatiable, she had matched his passion with an intensity that eclipsed his own.  Even Drea had not shown the hunger and desire that this diminutive woman had shown.  She was incredible in her ardor.  She had matched his strength with her own.

Drex took a deep breath.  Just the though of last night's encounter was threatening to send him into full arousal.  He needed to think of something else.  Where was she from?  Why was she so secretive about her past?  Was it something he should be concerned about, or was it just something that was too painful for her to talk about?  Would she trust him enough one day?

A thought sent a chill through him.  Was this the only time they would be like this?  They were going to be partners in business.  Was that in jeopardy now?  Or was this?  He hoped he would never need to choose.

A sunbeam slowly crossed over Khel's face, illuminating her in a glow that seemed to only increase her beauty.  No, he could not resist her; there was no hope of that.  Slowly, he leaned forward and his lips lightly brushed her forhead.  Dream, sweet lady.  Dream and I shall make them all come true!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 02:28:11 PM by Drexal ben Putin » Logged

Aura and Tommy
Cuddly Duo
Approved Character

Wilderon Cat / Jhomcholan Diver

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2007, 06:02:51 PM »

When he reached the door, he looked back again. Hmm, the wolf wasn't following. Quite suddenly, his forward movement stopped. With a turn of his body, he was facing the wolf again, this time with the distance of the common room inbetween. Well then, if he wasn't going to play... Then he was going to discover what this new place had to offer. Completely ignoring the human who was trying to get his attention, he sniffed the corners, but knew better than to flag them. Humans didn't like him doing that generally.

Still sniffing the ground, his nose bumped into the lowest part of the staircase. With a jerk, his head was up in the air and he was looking if there was anything interesting up there. Unable to see anything, he ascended the stairs. There were more people here; busy human place. Tommy approached a man and a woman. One of them was talking into an open doorway. Hmm, maybe there was something interesting there?

He looked at the two people for a moment but they weren't interesting enough to hold his attention. So in an attempt to find out whether or not the open door was interesting, he walked past them and into the room. Two humans, again. What was it with these people and always being in pairs? One of them didn't move, and was therefore not worth his attention. The other, however, was a different matter. She smelt nice, somehow. Or, maybe not smell, but there was something about her that the dog very much liked. He stood looking at her for a moment, his tail slowly wagging from one side to the other. Then he made a decision. Coming closer, he sat down on his haunches and put his head on her leg, looking up at her with his brown eyes.

Tas Shadowrider
Lone Guardian
Approved Character

Elf, Quaelhoirhim

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 02:24:37 AM »

The cat's paw didn't look too bad off, and possibly just cleaning away the blood and dirt and wrapping it up would help a bit. It would be helpful if she could find someone that had something for small cuts and the like. She looked around the inn and noticed a lot of people had arrived and a lot of animals as well. Tas shudder involuntarily at the sigh of the people, and tried to melt back into the shadows. But the cat needed her help, so she figured she would at least as the bartender before sticking to just cleaning and wraping. Tas was still inspecting the cats paw when a small woman stepped up to the table.

"Hello frien', I b' wantin' t' b' sure ye can help t' lit'le cat in yer han's, there." The woman said then she belatedly added, "M'name's Céyehne, by t' way."

Tas was about to reply when a large dog placed his forepaws on the bench opposite her. The dogs been brown eyes scanned over Thorn for a moment and she almost reached to snatch the fox off the table. The little fox didn't know how to care for himself very well and just looked curiously at the dog. Before Tas could do anything the woman named Céyehne looked at her apologetically and said something before taking the dog over to the bar to get it some food.

Her attention turned from the woman to Thorn to the little cat in her arms. She sighed as she cradled the cat in one arm while picking up her pack and shouldering it with the other. Then she stood and headed back to the bar, turning back to the table at a little yip from her companion. She rolled her eyes and took the few steps back to the table to scoop up the fox in her other arm.

"You have feet, you spoiled little beast, you could walk," Tas scolded him in a light tone. The little fox just looked up at her then nestled down in the crook of her arm.

As they approached the bar Tas noticed the great black bear and sliver wolf, and she instinctively gripped Thorn tighter in her arms. But the fox had also seen these interesting creatures and was now struggling to free himself from her embrace. The fox's struggling was causing Tas to tilt a bit as she walked so she let go of the fox knowing he wouldn't stop till he was down. The little rust colored creative dropped to the floor with glee at having escaped the crushing arms of his companion. He started off in the direction of the two large creatures that had captured his curiosity.

"Be careful," Tas called to the fox over her shoulder but he paid little heed to her.

She approached the bar, and looked around a bit. Céyehne stood nearby talking to the woman with the bare, a pair of men played dice at the bar, and the dog was approaching the wolf. For a moment she didn't see a hint of rust colored fur and that worried her a bit but then again Thorn could keep out of trouble for a few minutes most of the time.

"Can I get a bowl of water? Oh, and might you have something for minor cuts?" She asked the man.

He got her the bowl of water but didn't seem to know about the other thing so she let it be. Hopefully just cleaning it out and wrapping it would be enough for the little cat. She made sure the cat was still securely cradled in one arm before she moved to lift the bowl and head back to the table. It was then she noticed the little flash of reddish-brown near the large black bear.

Thorn was out of the bears reach at the moment and had his little head tilted all the way back to look up at the great black creature. Then he swiftly jumped in and sniffed a bit, trying to figure out what it was, before jumping back beyond the animals reach. The foxes curiosity was mixed with caution of the large animal at this time. He waited a moment for a response then jumped back in and out once more, this time just waiting before its reach, its head tilted a bit.

"Thorn," Tas called to the fox, and he turned his head for a moment to look at her before turning back to the bear.

She sighed then walked over to the table quickly. Some water sloshed over the rim of the bowl and landed on the table in a small puddle. She gently set the cat down on the table next to the bowl before heading off back toward Thorn. He was pressing his luck this time and like usual she had to bail him out of trouble. She stayed a little ways away from the bear and called to Thorn once more. This time he even refused to look at her. She hesitated, not knowing if the bear was dangerous and not daring to move any closer.

My father said once that a hero is someone who simply got too frightened to use his good sense and run away, then somehow lived through it all.
Quote: Raymond E. Feist
Aminah
Muddled Mindsoother
Approved Character

Human, Azhorhrian

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2007, 05:12:03 AM »

As each person left, Ami sensed the room becoming quieter and more peaceful.  The buzz of other people’s stress and worry often bothered her more than she realised until they went away.  When she was alone (the unconscious elf didn’t count) she had more control over her own thoughts, her own feelings. 

The first one to move was the man who had been holding the elf down whilst Ben and Cherri worked.  Going straight to his wolf-like dog, Garret tenderly stroked its head, before turning back to Ami.   "If you need a break later today come find me," He offered, "I can watch him for a bit if need be if he hasn't woken by then." Aminah smiled at him and nodded slowly and gently in thanks.  The young woman was glad of the offer, for she couldn’t really sit here by the poor elf’s bed indefinitely.

Ami turned back to Tobac, allowing the others to decide whether to leave or not, but her attention was called back by the other woman, Krinaia.  You must be hungry too if you like I can have someone bring something up." Aminah’s stomach rumbled with a hearty yes vote, and the young woman turned back to fully face the two who were now leaving.  “That would be extremely kind of you Krinaia, thankyou” she replied, calm now that the small sunny room was emptying.  “If you could tell the barmaid that I will pay her when I can come downstairs, that would also be very welcome.” As she was forming her answer a large shadow stepped into the room, weaving around the legs of the man and woman in the doorway.  A dog – the warm morning light shone off his golden fur.  The animal stepped confidently into the sickroom, seemingly unbothered by the still-present smell of pus and blood.  With a couple of perfunctory wags he settled his head upon her knee, looking up at her with large soft brown eyes.

What could the young woman do but reach out a hand to pet him, even though she would have to wash her hands afterwards to get rid of those golden hairs.  Starting at the top of his head between his ears, she ran her dark-skinned hand down his back in long, smooth strokes, reaching as far as she could without getting up.  Should she shut him out?  she thought.  It was never good to have strays inside, let alone in a patient’s room; they were too unpredictable.  However she sensed that this beast was unlikely to harm anyone, at least she hoped.  And it would be nice to have some company until the invalid woke up.  The woman stopped stroking for a minute to concentrate.  Instead of speaking to the animal, Ami did as she did when she wanted to calm her horse; simply being still and quiet and trying to exude an air of calmness herself.

Twén Aråerwén
Death's Mistress
Approved Character

Elf, Ifer’hém

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2007, 09:27:34 AM »

Unwavering metallic grey eyes watched in amusement as the gambler drained the contents of the tankard. As quickly she retrieved the empty container with a fragile hand. A supple brow perked in glee as Torscha rolled at a pleasurable bardic analogy, crimson lips parted in a placid grin. “Indeed M’lord tis strange how life twists even the most simple of things. Trickery of the gods and fate seem to have their way amongst men.” Tiny digits fiddled with the handle of the man’s tankard, for a few blinks, before she persisted with a light melodic tone. “One can not deny the subtle pleasures that such games occasionally play upon us.”

Twen turned nimbly upon sandaled feet taking a few charily strides to the keg upon the wall. Torscha had continued on with an eloquent apology for his previous actions. A sparkling gleam of delight danced across the elf’s almond shaped eyes. The gambler seemed to change his demeanor quite frequently in her presence or was she merely imagining this palpable change. The glimmering reflection of the Centoraurian hastily fixing his appearance, with her back turned caused a petite hand to veil a minute giggle prior to grasping the spout of the keg. Possibly her perceptions were not so farfetched or fanciful as she had thought.

Peering over her shoulder, Torscha’s inquiries drawing her direct attention, the tankard began to fill once more. An almost perceivable maelstrom of fire rolled behind the elf’s mirthfully narrowed orbs as she studied the man inquisitively. “My time has treated me well M’lord, though my long journey has kept me a bit tired in recent days.” The words, though not accurate, were obscured behind a light hearted tone and spriteful grin. The mage did not find it essential to share her living nightmare with such an informal acquaintance. Without changing the fixation of her haunting stare, the elfess let go of the spout. The container filled to the brim with the retched fluid that the gambler seemed to enjoy so much.

Carefully she turned about to face the human once again, the tankard of ale considerably chilled in the momentary blink it took her to saunter back to him. At last Twen addressed his statement of this place being a lesser occupation for her. “The owner of this place is very ill M’lord.” Nimble hands placed the drink before Torscha, ancient eyes staring profoundly into his nor’sidian orbs before continuing. “One does not leave a friend to fend for themselves, especially one that yee owe your life and that of the two dearest friends yee possess.” Lithe arms entwined and came to rest upon the oaken surface of the countertop. Finally the elfess adverted the steady gaze from his, flippantly tilting her petite visage to the side.

Golden curls cascaded down to shroud Twen’s eyes in cavernous shadow, still continuing to listen to Torscha intently. His mention of harlots and how he was satisfied in her presence more-so than theirs revealed a glowing smile from beneath her veiled eyes. The mage knew the guile and sharpness of the gambler’s tongue, but it did not diminish their impact or the intensity in which she accepted them. It was an extraordinary occurrence for most men to even speak with her, let alone shower down compliments. A waft of the man’s drink caused the mage to pull back elfin shoulders, the very aroma of it almost enough to cause bile to rise.

Discomfort did not appear to be restricted to her alone; the Centoraurian’s tenor changed delicately when he spoke of his wager and promise. One hand came to respite reassuringly upon his forearm, the other hand brushing stray curls from metallic grey eyes, repositioning the far-reaching curls at rest behind the elf’s pointed ears. “M’lord a wager is a wager, in truth I would prefer to join yee gentlemen for a bit of breakfast. That is, if such a request would not be too intrusive?” An agile hand glided to seize her goblet, lifting the drink to lithe lips, the mage sipped the contents gingerly. 

•º•The spell fell upon the crowd like a dragon, •º•
•º•ancient and full of death.•º•
_.·´¯) Twén Aråerwén's CD(¯`·._
Tiras The White Rose
The White Rose
Approved Character

Human , Male ,Erpheronian

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2007, 11:27:02 AM »

Tiras green flashed with amusement with the dialogue between Twen and Torscha , usually women could not take their eyes from him but rather to be angry was quite the contrary , while he enjoyed of being the center of attention , there was something he lived for , love .
And these two were quite interesting .

Looking at every aspect of Twen from the bottom of her feet to the metallic eyes , Tiras smile become broader , she was beautifull indeed but no show of lust appeared on his eyes , perhaps amazement and awe was the best words .
Taking a sip of the tankard , Tiras spoke with a gentle voice " But of course my lady , you are most welcome .
My name is Tiras , altought some call me "The White Rose " ... "
, on his hand like a move of magic appeared a white rose and placing it near Twen he continued smilling " I wonder why ?"
Looking at both Torscha and Twen he added with a tone of delightfull amusement " But anyway if you two prefer to be alone I would be happy to oblige ...
Do not misunderstand me dear lady , my offer is serious , I can sense a "spark " lets just it betwen you two , and i must confess it is rather delightfull to say the least ..."

“My crime? It is a serious one -- you see, I am too handsome to look upon.”
<a href="http://www.santharia.com/adv/index.php?topic=815.msg27340#msg27340 target="top">Tiras The White Rose[/url]
Torscha
Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2007, 07:08:00 PM »

Avá forefend, I must be obvious. Darting a I hope you're happy now glance at his gambling companion, Torscha then shrugged and smiled at Twen. "Tell you the truth, we'd be glad to have you. It's been too long without a pretty face for me, and yours excels all others. Are you sure the Herald can spare you, though? It seems you're pretty busy this morning." He hesitated for a moment, then added, "If I've been presumptuous earlier, I pray you forgive me. I didn't mean to speak disdainfully of the Herald or its owner; she must indeed be a wonderful person to call on a heart like your own for help."

Taking an appreciative pull on his new tankard, his eyes brightened considerably as he thought of something. "Say, lady, would you be amenable to a suggestion? Join us for breakfast, and for a game as well! You've proven to be well-favoured in all other aspects; surely Seyella's blessing is not far from your hand. Honour the Lady with us, and share a tale if you're so minded. I've no doubt you've a few to tell." And I'd like to hear them, he did not say. Hear them, and learn what it is that makes those lovely eyes so sad and full of mystery.

Then, turning to Tiras, "And you, sir, white rose or lily if you be, are not wriggling so easily out of our wager! I mean to squeeze a tale from you, and it had better be a licentious one full of boudoirs and enraged husbands! The gods alone know I have few enough of those to tell myself." Pffft, yeah. "So sit you down, sir, and disabuse yourself of any thought of escape, especially not any veiled in such patently silly talk. 'Spark' indeed! I think you demean the lady, my friend, by suggesting any such thing. She's just been gracious enough to show some favour to a travel-stained, road-weary traveller with a roguishly-charming tongue." He winked at Twen then, hoping to recover some of the morning's earlier flippancy. "One he means to use to repay a debt. Let me sing this evening, then, lady, or at any other time that suits your fancy. It may not be a service to you to hear my caterwauling, but some of these oddments – " he nodded at the assembled clientele of the Herald " – might be deep enough in their cups to think it actual music, and I could use the coin they might spare. Gods know I can't keep sponging off your generosity, or that of your friend."

Yurie Yileen
Walker of Dreams
Mini-mod

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2007, 03:09:32 AM »

"Sure, that would be great." Krinaia responded, a delectable smile gracing her lips.

Yurie watched as she started to make her way to the door.  Then, in mid-stride, she stopped and turned back around.  Seems as though I'm not the only one with a bad memory, Yurie thought happily to himself, as Krinaia placed the bard's lute on the table next to him.  Just hope he gets the opportunity to play it again!

"You must be hungry too if you like I can have someone bring something up."  Krinaia was speaking to Aminah, who was still sitting patiently by the elf's side.

As Aminah gave her response, Yurie turned his attention back to Barega.  He gave the bird a purposeful look, as if to say, "I haven't forgotten about you!"  Then, he whistled to him...the whistle that meant, "Let's go and eat!"

Barega heard the whistle, and knew what it meant.  He had been waiting for an opportunity to fill his belly here, but he had been waiting a long time, and that whistle always meant that food was soon in coming.  With a graceful hop, he launched himself into the air and glided down from above the door, landing on Yurie's left shoulder, his usual perch.

Meanwhile, a stray dog had entered the room.  It's fur shimmered with gold in the bright light, giving it an ethereal quality.  Yurie wondered if it was a part of the physical world or a spirit.  He watched as it made straight for Aminah, who reached out and petted it affectionately.  Hmm, guess it's flesh and blood, then!

Taking a last look at the prone elf, who was peacefully resting now, gently embraced by the sunlight and Aminah's care, Yurie made his way to the door.  He was going to bid Aminah, Cherri and Benedict farewell, but a meditative silence had settled over the room, and it seemed almost sacrilegious to break it.

Turning back to the door, Yurie crossed the threshold, entering the hallway and heading for the stairs.

Céyehne
Simple Shadow
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2007, 03:59:14 AM »

A mapmaker! Intriguing. Céyehne had never met such a one, nor a scribe of any sort. She certainly could not draw, and wondered if Nyxthia had a collection of maps with her now she could examine. Again the girl cut some of her meal for her bear-friend and Céyehne smiled kindly. It was endearing the bond the two shared, especially Nyxthia's constant awareness of her companion's wants and needs. When she asked what she herself was doing there, Céyehne sallowed her current bite and said, "Ah, I b' a dancer, darlin'! I come t' entertain' ye as bes' I can... bu' not until tonigh'." Smiling at Nyxthia, blue orbs shone bright in the morning light sweeping across the common area of the tavern. Yes, the notion of dancing this very night was a great one.. perhaps she should talk to that beautiful elfess behind the bar. She would do so later this day, however, as she turned her attention back on Nyxthia.

"An' hav' ye a few maps t' display? I shou'd love t' see 'em." Céyehne looked expectantly at the raven-haired girl. She was so young! Or looked that way to the Kar-ii's eye, and it enthralled her that Nyxthia may have traveled nearly as much as herself. Céyehne watched with interest as the elfess with the little fox approached the bar with the kitten in hand. Oh! The poor animal's paw. It looked as though the lady would be taking care of it, and a small smile crossed full lips as Céyehne spotted a small red-brown dot darting through the common area.

Still uncertain so many animals were allowed in the Tavern, worried lines crossed over Céyehne's smooth pale features. Before her new friend could answer, Céyehne suggested, "Mayhap we spen' t' morn' outdoors? After finishin' wit breakfas' o' course. T' b' hones' I'm none too sure if t' animals are s'pos'd t' b' in da tavern.." Looking around at the elfess mingling with the two men again, Céyehne wondered if she owned the Herald, or if she was simply filling in for an absentee. Either way, Céyehne could not recall a time when a bear was allowed within Tavern walls... however, this could be a very different place than she was used to.

cry me a future where the revelations run amok.
Céyehne
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[November 10, 2020, 12:24:32 PM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]