Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lynx Moldar  (Read 10216 times)
Lynx Moldar
New Santharian

« on: August 22, 2002, 11:52:22 PM »

Name: Lynx Moldar
Race: Wood Elf
Sex: Male
Height: 1.7 peds
Weight: 1.59 pygges
Tribe: Tethrinrhimn
Origin: Auturian Forest

Requested title: Shadow Warrior (Male Elf)

Appearance:
He is quite small, even for an Elf, but his build is average. His skin is quite pale and he has long, flowing white hair. His eyes are a dull brown with dark black pupils, which is quite unusual for an Elf.
He has a lengthy scar on his right cheek which he recieved in a battle with a knight and a tattoo on his left arm which was recieved at birth. The tattoo is of the Eye of Ava with a long, powerful snake wrapped around it.
He often wears his hood over his head, giving himself some privacy and covering his face from strangers.
He uses a sticky black liquid to dye his skin black, making him almost un-noticable at night. The only part of him that stays the same colour is his hair. Normally this dye is only used when necessary and it takes a few days to wear off.

Personality:
Like most Elves, he is friendly, but only to those who he befriends. If he doesnt like someone, but has to be with them, he will try to get on, but he isnt really bothered if he doedst make friends and rarely shows emotions.
Having grown up with the Tethrinrhimn tribe, he has a love of battle, but he doesnt fight unless he has a reason to.
If he makes a good friend, he will not let them down or let any harm come to them without seeking revenge.

Strengths:
-Is very fast and agile.
-Skilled in hand-to-hand combat.
-Skilled with weapons, especially swords.
-Is almost invisible at night, when we wants to be.
-Can move almost silently.
-Is good at leisure activites like swimming and climbing.

Weaknesses:
-Is not very strong, so he relies on speed in most battles.
-Can normally be spotted easily in daylight.
-Doesnt know any magic.
-Has no way of blocking magic.
-Quite susceptible to long range attacks if he isnt careful.
-He isnt very heavily armoured.

Possessions:
-Black, leather upper-body armour with a black hood attached.
-Black, leather lower-body armour.
-Black, leather thick boots.
-Black, silk cloak with leather edges.
-Black leather gloves.
-Black belt.
-Sharp, mithril blade with a ruby encrusted handle which was his fathers and has been passed down through generations.
-Black, leather sword sheathe attached to belt.
-Wooden longbow painted black.
-Quiver of arrows in a black pouch.
-Large pot of black liquid which dries within seconds. He is unsure what it is, but he uses it to paint his face so at night, he can go un-noticed. It is runny like water, and only the smallest amount need be used to paint his whole face.
-Small, black drawstring pouch containing some coins.

History:
Lynx was brought up by his father, after his mother died while giving birth. They lived in the Auturian Forest as a part of the Tethrinrhimn Tribe. At birth, Lynx was given a tattoo which was thought to percieve his character in the future. Lynx was interested in battle from a young age, but maybe more than most children of his age.

His father was a great warrior and he taught Lynx everything he knew from the young age of 31. He was first taught hand-to-hand combat and after many years, he was taught to use a sword, a bow and also learnt a little knife throwing although he never could quite catch on to the technique.

At the age of 69, he left home to go and live in the forest alone, but he didnt forget his father and his tribe. He went to visit his father 4 times a week and during that time, they trained in combat and in weaponry. As Lynx grew older, he visited his father less and less, until at the age of 135, he finally stopped visiting.

He was a great fighter by then and could protect himself. He decided to travel a little and in doing so, he had to battle many warriors and thiefs, but found that the warriors were too slow to touch him, and that the thiefs were not very skilled in combat. He battled many opponents, successful every time except for one, when he battled a knight in heavy steel armour who wielded great steel weapons. Although he wasnt killed or badly injured, he recieved a long scar on his left cheek.

He found that he was stealthy and when it came to hiding from large groups of warriors or mages, who he had a hard time fighting because of their long range magic attacks, he could normally manage to stay un-noticed and at night, he was almost invisible.

He became a shadow warrior and now he travels, making friends, seeking advanture and mainly doing what he loves more than anything else, fighting.

*Edited to add to appearance - he uses a black liquid to dye his skin (It was in the possessions, but i didnt put it in appearance)*

Edited by: Lynx Moldar at: 3/8/04 15:14
Raoul The Theif
New Santharian

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2002, 04:43:22 AM »

I got some comments to make....first off I don't know about the skin color, I am pretty sure most elves even drow have light skin right? I'm not an elf expert but thats what I read, drows are pale and have dark hair. Another thing...in his history it calls himself Jamalian...did you happen to "borrow" this from Jamalians Description?...and I'm pretty sure his history should be much much longer.....and I suggest you make your own instead of stealing other peoples :D

Theif ;)  

Edited by: Raoul The Theif at: 8/22/02 7:45:18 pm
jamalian
New Santharian

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2002, 05:25:22 AM »

Hi Raoul.
Thanks for your comments.
He didnt get confused, it is my other character, so i got confused :)

Erm, the picture of dark elves shows a dark skinned elf with hair which almost matches his skin. It also says that theyre time in the darkness makes them dark-skinned.
I could be of course be wrong.

Lynx Moldar
New Santharian

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2002, 05:29:22 AM »

*goes into Lynx mode*

ok, well, can anyone tell us what is the correct answer?
Maybe their skin colour varies - im not sure.

I hope im right because otherwise, it messes up the whole character, lol.

Lurtz Argon
New Santharian

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2002, 05:54:22 AM »

I don't know much about elves or Drows, I mainly know about Orcs... But, from what I have read and what I know and just what makes sense to me, here's my answer.

No, dark elves are not darker than most other elves. The fact that they live in the darkness of Nothern Savornia makes them even more pale than that of the other elves down south.

Now, I don't know much about Drows, and I didn't see anything in the Races and Tribes section, but maybe I didn't look hard enough. But, like Rauol said, their skin is light.

Lurtz Argon
A panhandler once asked me for some money. I gave him a surprised look and said, "I was about to ask you the same thing!"

Atrii Redwood
New Santharian

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2002, 06:53:22 AM »

ummm... well it's a very interesting character, the only problem I've noticed is that his history is exteremely short.

www.boomspeed.com/garario...mage.png">

Atrii Redwood-Ranger

Lynx Moldar
New Santharian

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2002, 06:54:22 AM »

-In the top left-hand corner, click on Races.
-Then click on "The Elves" which is nearly half way down the menu on the left-hand side.
-Then go to the bottom of the page and click on the Dark Elf tribe.
Then look at the picture which is close to the top. It says nothing about them having pale skin and the picture shows them having dark skin.

I still could be wrong but im not sure.

Tarquet Galbar
New Santharian

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2002, 07:19:22 AM »

1. The name of the Tribe is Eophyrhim.

2. Maybe you should have read the entry instead of relying on a picture:

"Their skin is pallid and smooth, rarely do the Eophyrhim see the unfiltered sun under their own will."

You really need to read the entry. For one, he isn't Half-Elf Half-Drow. The Eophyrhim are just an Elven tribe. They're still elves. Not a different race.

Not only that, but they aren't evil. Shadow Elves are evil, from what I've gathered, Dark Elves try and stay neutral. But it's Viresse's tribe, so I could be wrong.

On top of that, he doesn't have any scars or piercings or anything:

"Aesthetic scaring is not uncommon among the Eophyrhim, who usually perform it on their arms and chests."

That's all I have for now.

Have a nice day. :)  

Tarquet Galbar,
BeastMaster Of Santharia
Creator of Weavers
Chronicler of the Rahaz-Dath Mercenaries

Raoul The Theif
New Santharian

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2002, 08:12:22 AM »

actually Tarq it's the other way around...Shadow Elves are neutral as Drow are evil.

Koldar Mondrakken
New Santharian

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2002, 08:37:22 AM »

*looks puzzled at  the signature*
Dethain, is it you?!?

Erm, as far as I know Dark Elves believe in Coór chaos, Shadow Elves are said to be considerably neutral (though they have no problems with war and slaughtering either) but they're not entirely set up, yet. Maybe another point in someone's to-do-list.

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight
--Santharian Master of Disaster--
One day I'll be the greatest of all Jedi!!

Erutan Argon
Shadow Warrior
Approved Character

Orc, Volkek-Oshra

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2002, 08:43:22 AM »

How much does the guy weigh?

Erutan Argon

The experience of survival is the key to the gravity of life

Lynx Moldar
New Santharian

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2002, 09:20:22 AM »

Ok, ive added weight, changed appearance and description.
Ive added to possessions and changed history, making it longer in the process.

Is it ready yet?

Erutan Argon
Shadow Warrior
Approved Character

Orc, Volkek-Oshra

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2002, 06:46:22 AM »

I want to argue the title. Its a good title but does not fit your character. In my vision, a shadow warrior is a warrior exiled or kicked out of his group, and to ashamed to go back so he lives his life as a warrior in the shadows. Maybe a better title would be Great Warrior, i'm not sure. What do you think?

Erutan Argon

The experience of survival is the key to the gravity of life

Edited by: Erutan Argon  at: 8/23/02 9:47:40 pm
Lynx Moldar
New Santharian

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2002, 07:36:22 AM »

Well, i put shadow warrior for 2 reasons:

1) He is almost invisible at night or in places where it is dark just like a shadow cant be sen where there is no light.

2) I like the name, lol.

Audial
New Santharian

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2002, 08:03:22 AM »

Shadow elves for clarification are more or less neutral entities who rarely turn up in copreal form (sorta light elves with a complex)

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]