Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Thirsty Herald Chapter XX  (Read 46910 times)
Elraralia Horfiwiel
New Santharian

« Reply #90 on: July 10, 2003, 11:19:22 AM »

Taking the hand, Elraralia smiled "A pleasure to meet you." and looking around, she had to agree "I know what you mean, it seems that all the very tall people of Careleth are here.  Even the people who work here are huge" she said nodding towords the Kuglim guard who had resumed his post of badgering all the customers as they came in.

Handing Jeremy the menu, she took another look for the waitress, and figuring they had a long wait, asked
"So, what brings you to these parts?"

Jeremy Azure
New Santharian

« Reply #91 on: July 10, 2003, 02:26:22 PM »

"You want to know what I'm doing here?" She moved her face close to Elraralia's, already coming up with a great yarn. With a lowered voice and playful silver eyes she asked, "Are you sure you want to know?" A hint of jade played across her eyes and dissapeared, like a green candle had been lit and quickly covered up behind her eyes.

People like you are the reason people like me hang themselves.

Ceridwen Anor
New Santharian

« Reply #92 on: July 11, 2003, 02:12:22 AM »

Ceridwen excused herself and hurried over to the counter. As many people as she had talked to, this was the first drink she would be serving. Thank Ava it wasn't alcohal. The kegs were lined underneath the counter top, and someone had etched the names if their contents into the wood.

She filled the cup with the deep purple liquid before returning to the table and setting it before the man. "That will be two coppers."  

Dyl Farwalk
New Santharian

« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2003, 10:48:22 AM »

As the Kuglim guard seemed content to let him pass unbothered, Dylan entered the tavern. He stood just inside the doorway for a minute taking in the crowd. Several lovely ladies, he thought as he made his way to an empty table roughly near the bard, who was making distinctly odd, but nonetheless beautiful music.

He pulled the chair out, turning it about to straddle it as if he sat a saddle. He beat his hands silently against the table top to the beat of the music. It was indeed rare when Dyl could sit still for long.

He hailed the waitress as soon as he could catch her eye, and when he did--oh, what eyes. He waited until she approached before he unleashed his wit.

Bobbo the Beggar
New Santharian

« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2003, 01:11:22 PM »

[ooc: uh . . . excuse me, Jeremy, but I seem to have offered you whatever you need in my previous post. Oh well. /ooc]

Seeing that the small, disfigured woman was being waited upon by one of the customers, though he thought this odd, he turned and walked away. Looking, he saw a rather interesting fellow sitting by Akira drumming along with him.

Walking over to the man, he nodded at him and said, "Good day, sir. You appear to be as one of mine, a lord. Might I ask what country you hail from? I am Lord Robert Junakin of Strata, faithful servant of the Tristin of Strata and owner of these tavern. Might I bring you something to eat or drink or perhaps you may want a room."

Shaint
Shaint saw the crippled girl with another woman. She appeared to be in bad condition. Walking up to her, he asked, "Are you alright or do you want to see the apothecary? I noticed you seem to be in obvious pain."

'All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.'
The Lord of the Ring: The Fellowship of the Ring (Chapter 2: The Shadow of the Past)

Adventures of Caelereth

Dyl Farwalk
New Santharian

« Reply #95 on: July 11, 2003, 10:42:22 PM »

Dyl jumped to attention out of his chair out of respect, and said, "Lord Robert, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. You flatter me, sir, however, by giving me airs to which I am not entitled. I am merely the son of a farmer from Helbury, currently pursuing a vocation of courier, messenger, package-bearer--whathaveyou. As to my needs, just an ale to start, if you would."

Elraralia Horfiwiel
New Santharian

« Reply #96 on: July 12, 2003, 08:53:22 AM »

Sitting back, Elraralia looked at Jeremy, saying as she did so
"Of course I want to know, why on earth would I ask otherwise.  And other ways, I'm sure I've seen and been through much worse."

Bobbo the Beggar
New Santharian

« Reply #97 on: July 14, 2003, 12:58:22 PM »

Bobbo smiled at the man and said, "Oh, I am sorry for mistaking you, sir. Nonetheless, I will bring you your ale."

Rushing behind the bar, he grabbed a mug and quickly filled it full with the finest ale. Rushing back to the man, he placed the mug in front of him.

"That will be 3 coppers, sir," he said to the man, "Are you planning to spend the night? We have many rooms available. 5 copper a night is all."

'All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.'
The Lord of the Ring: The Fellowship of the Ring (Chapter 2: The Shadow of the Past)

Adventures of Caelereth

Dyl Farwalk
New Santharian

« Reply #98 on: July 15, 2003, 12:49:22 AM »

"I thank you, sir, for the ale. Here is your coin." Dyl handed the coppers to Lord Robert. "As to more, I haven't decided yet. I'll let this ale do it's job and get back to you. In the meantime, I'd like to hear more of this eclectic music from your bard--t'is quite intriguing."

Glayron Miraewan
New Santharian

« Reply #99 on: July 15, 2003, 03:40:22 PM »

OOC:  If anyone else but Ceridwen addressed me please tell me in the OOC thread and I will re-read your posts.  I read through them quickly and didn't see anyone address me.  If I missed you sorry :(  

Glayron watched as the waitress left the table a quickly returned with his drink.  As she set the cup upon the table she mentioned the price of being two coppers.  With that Glayron reached under the table to his side and withdrew a small pouch the size of ones fist.  Tosing the pouch on the table, the small lizard observing it with caution and curousity combined.  As Glayron moved his left hand over to the pouch slowly untieing the draw string that was wrapped around the opening he began to speak.

"How much would a room cost for a night my lady?"

Ceridwen Anor
New Santharian

« Reply #100 on: July 16, 2003, 03:16:22 AM »

Ceridwen watched as the lizard inspected the pouch. Now that she was mostly sure that it wasn't going leap out and bite her, it began to lean towards the cute side; in a scaly, lizard-y type of way.

"A room is five coppers, sir," she responded, still watching the small creature. "If you don't mind my asking, what is that?"

Glayron Miraewan
New Santharian

« Reply #101 on: July 16, 2003, 12:35:22 PM »

Glayron watched as the waitress leaned toward the table taking a interest with his little compainion.  As he placed his hand within the pouch and withdrew eight small sans as he watched the waitress get closer to the small drell.

For a moment Glayron began hissing quitely then spoke to the waitress in common tongue.

"I believe this should cover the drink and room mam.

Oh that, it a small lizard, fire drell to be precise, found within the area here.  I ran across it as I traveled accross the desert to come to Strata.  Sad story he has, one like myself, so one can only understand why we now travel together."

With that said Glayron began hissing again and as soon as he stopped the small lizard approached the edge of the table a tasted the air about it with its filckering forked tongue.

SeverineHalo
New Santharian

« Reply #102 on: July 17, 2003, 02:09:22 AM »

Severine walks into the tavern, his brown eyes scanning around the room. It has been weeks since he left Uderza and found out Tierria was following him. Right now, the girl must have been looking around outside. He saw many people around the room, but he would rather sit by himself. Even though he wanted to be alone, he needed money. Being a mercenary would do just fine. One of these people must've needed somebody for something after all...

"Once again, the lone soldier walks off into the sunset..." -Anonymous

Dyl Farwalk
New Santharian

« Reply #103 on: July 17, 2003, 04:33:22 AM »

::watches couple of odd dudes in the corners of the room and takes a swig of ale::

::wishes he had a lizardy-thing to catch pretty waitress' attention::

::sips some more and wonders where bard has gone::

SeverineHalo
New Santharian

« Reply #104 on: July 17, 2003, 05:03:22 AM »

Sitting back in his chair, Severine asked a waitress fro some milk. He wasn't one to drink alcohol. Twirling one of his knives, he had his eyes on an elven girl sitting at a table from across the room. He wasn't lusting after her or anything, but it was a habit for him to have his eye trained on something when twirling a knife of his. It helped him with his aim a little.

"Maybe she has something going on..." he said to himself.

"Once again, the lone soldier walks off into the sunset..." -Anonymous

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]