Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Thirsty Herald Chapter XXI  (Read 43224 times)
Carolyn Marleo
New Santharian

« Reply #210 on: December 24, 2003, 04:16:22 AM »

Carlyn looked to him, " Your hungry and you definately look tired..maybe we should stop..all right..." She yanked at the reins and the horses stoped.
"You may go sleep in the wagon if you like, I'll stay out here...you do still have the bread right I handed it back to you..." She pointed, " theres some water in ther if you need any." She smileed and covered up herself some more.

Carolyn Marleo's Identity Revealed

crispers
New Santharian

« Reply #211 on: December 24, 2003, 04:23:22 AM »

Lokin looked at her as she got comfortable,''i'll stay out here just in case''he said pulling a wool blanket over him that Carolyn gave him,''i'll wake you up when i wake up''he aid and turned on his side and fell asleep.

Carolyn Marleo
New Santharian

« Reply #212 on: December 24, 2003, 04:37:22 AM »

Carolyn admired him for staying out with her, she smiled and closed her eyes trying to get asleep."Nighty Night," She yawned and finally drifted off to sleep. She felt bad for sleeping next to a complete stranger but she felt as if she knew him somehow so it felt a little bit all right.  

crispers
New Santharian

« Reply #213 on: December 24, 2003, 04:53:22 AM »

Lokin woke up and realized it was dawn,he got up and stretched his arms outward,then turned to Carolyn,he felt a little nervous being so close to her but place his hand on her shoulder shaking her slowly,waiting for her to get up,he then jumped off the wagon and went into the side of the woods for his business,then came back taking off his cloak and placing it in the back of the wagon,then leaned back ans waited for Carolyn to wake up.

Kaikana
New Santharian

« Reply #214 on: December 24, 2003, 05:33:22 AM »

Kaikana noticed that the perfume lady probably did not need her assistance at that moment.

“I see that you are busy miss, so I’ll just be heading to others, feel free to call if ya need anything.”

And with that Kaikana bowed before the lady and walked of into the back to grab a couple of items. A few moments later she was back out with her hands and arm full with items. She could help but over here one of the patrons ask for an innkeeper so as courteous as she was she stepped over towards her.

“That’s her right there miss, if your acquiring about your room I’m sure I can be of assist you. O if tiss about those rats, they shall be gone by sunset.” Spoke Kaikana with a smile in a helpful then sarcastic tone.

Carolyn Marleo
New Santharian

« Reply #215 on: December 24, 2003, 05:34:22 AM »

[[ooc: just so you know we are in  desert, no trees unless you count cacti]]

She woke up the sunlight creeping across her skin. Carolyn syawned a deep sleepless yawn. She sat up and looked around not seing Lokin. She got up and got down from the wagon looking around. She snuck in her excellent stealth manner and snuk around to the back of th wagon and nearly scared herself to death seein Lokin there.
"What are you doing over here?" she asked curiously looking into her wagon seeing the kids were still asleep. She looked im up and down.

"Scared me haf to death.." she smirked and she tok out a small bottle which was filled with water andshe took a sip handing it to Lokin,"Want some?' she asked hopeing he wouldnt drink all of it.

AnaMirl Goodwill
Sleeping Innkeeper
Approved Character

Human, Stratania

« Reply #216 on: December 24, 2003, 07:00:22 AM »

While waiting for the redhaired waitress, the other barmaid comes to Ana‘Mirl, asking her if anything is wrong.

„Oh no, I don‘t have any complaints, it was all fine, the meal and the bath, but, well.....I heard in the Seagate Inn in Strata, where I worked till recently, that you need help here. And so I thought I just come out and ask you..... I can do anything, cooking, serving, doing beds, all you need. You see, I had run the seagate Inn, till the old owner died, and now....“

Ana‘Mirl doesn‘t want to tell the unknown woman all she had to suffer in the last time, she doesn‘t want to appear as being...weak in any way.

„I know some good receits my customers have likely greatly, ...“ she continues, but then she stops - either they take her or not, she isn‘t a person who praises herself. Not noticing that she is wringing her hands she waits for the barmaid to decide about her future life - maybe.

Ana'Mirls CD and pic

crispers
New Santharian

« Reply #217 on: December 24, 2003, 09:23:22 AM »

Lokin smiled,''sorry for scaring you''he said turing his back to her,''look i'm getting hot could you pass me the bottle i need some''he said taking off his vest and pulling off his shirt he was thin but with little musle,and he was paler then her.He then threw them onto the sand and took the water from her hand slowly,he then puored some in his hand and rubbed it on his cest and back and ran his hand threw his short spiky dark brown hair.It was so cold but felt good,''you want some''he said holding it out to her his skin still dripping with ice cold water.

Edited by: crispers at: 12/24/03 1:26
Carolyn Marleo
New Santharian

« Reply #218 on: December 24, 2003, 12:10:22 PM »

Carolyn smiled at him in a flirty manner. She watched the water drip off of him staining the sand. She held back her temptations to go over to him and rub her hands all over his wet body. She walked on over to him taking the water in her hands. Carolyn gulped down some of it and it spill over her mouth onto her her chin, she noticed she was still wearing her poncho, sweat began to form so she took it off revealing her farie like dress.

The water still dripped further down into the  confines of her dress. She peeked into the wagon seeing that the kid s were still asleep. " Geezz I wonder if they'll ever wake up.." she said in a ditsy voice.

She looked once again at him wet body and then smiled think ing to herself she would be foolish is she even tried to do anything regretful. She then turned around heading of to the front of the wagon giving her orse a drink, "Good girl!!" she patted her on he back and then she put the bottle of water int the wagon for safe keeping. She then went on back to the back of the wagon. "So would you like to go ahead and start this little aventure of ours?" she asked him looking him over and then to his eyes, his deep green eyes....

crispers
New Santharian

« Reply #219 on: December 24, 2003, 11:17:22 PM »

Lokin smiled sure,he said pulling his shirt back over his head,then slipped his vest back on.''Lets go''he said resting his hand on her shoulder living cold water dripping,he then walked outward over a sand hill,''it's hot up here''he said yelling done at her,he then motioned for her to come up.

OOC:I won't be here for like a week o you can organize the story,then show it to me when i get back.

Carolyn Marleo
New Santharian

« Reply #220 on: December 25, 2003, 02:50:22 AM »

She smiled  at him and giggled once his hand was on her shoulder. The cold wet water fron his hand trickled down her shoulder. "It's supposed to a be hot silly, it is a desert you know.." she said laughing abit more.Carolyn walked to the front of the wagon and pulled herself up on the drivers seat.

"Well, i'm glad im not by my self, " she said to herself. She winked at him and thenyelled out ,"HIYA!" to the horse and it came to a fast jog. Carolyn reached int othe wagon for some small hankercheifs.

She handed one to Lokin, "Here take this and wrap it around your face to cover yu nose and mouth." She watched him do as she told him, and she did the same.

"YA. YA!!" yelled at the horse, and it began to run, it would seem that the wagon would be shaking fromhow fast the horse was pulling it, put since they were on sand it was a heck of a lot smoother.

[[ooc: ok lets stop writing in here since we're not really in the Thirst Herald anymore. I wont be one the comp much since tomorows christmas but I'll try to get on occasionaly., I'm working on the sotory and its coming along very sucesfully.]]

Kaikana
New Santharian

« Reply #221 on: December 28, 2003, 02:34:22 PM »

“Sounds like you’ve had much experience with taverners and such. More that I had when I started for sure.” Spoke Kaikana letting out a laugh.

“The matter of fact is that we could use some extra help round here. We having a bit of a gathering tomorrow and could use some help in the kitchen preparing things. Then once things have slowed down we could use some help in the inn. It been needing some renovations for quite some time now and neither me nor Ceridwen have gotten around to doing so. As for Felina, god knows what that girls up to. We haven’t seen her round here for days. Well, nuff of that, lets take you round back and get you started. Ceridwen can get you to fill out papers and such later, since she the innkeeper here. That is if you’d still like to join us.”

Edited by: Kaikana at: 12/28/03 6:44
Tint Quickblade
New Santharian

« Reply #222 on: December 29, 2003, 05:17:22 AM »

A halfling opens the door quietly and walks into the tavern. He pulls up his leather belt and adjusts the numerous packs that hang on it. The halfling then looks into one of the packs and takes out a small map , after looking at it briefly he looks around and furrows his brow. He puts the map back into the pocket and says " This place wouldn't happen to be lord Ferdinand's manor would it ?".

The hobbit quickly runs outside to see the title of the tavern and comes back in with a frown. "Guess not , anyways while im here hello everyone . Sit down , sit down , no reason to welcome me. " With a smile he makes his way to one of the empty tavern tables and takes a seat on on of the chairs , he then pulls another chair near him using his leg and rests his hairy feet apon it.

Feeling quite confident he digs deeply into his pockets , extracts a few copper coins and places them firmly on the table. Motioning to the tavern keep he says "Ey you there i would like on pint of ale please, and some roast potaters if ye have any".

Looking satisfied he gets up from his seat and extends an open hand towards the people in the inn and says : " Hullo Tint Quickblades the name"

Bobbo the Beggar
New Santharian

« Reply #223 on: December 29, 2003, 08:37:22 AM »

[ooc:  Sorry took so long]
He turned to Darek and smiled.  "I suppose you could say I've changed."

Touching the hilt of his sword he said, "Ah, you are probably wondering about this new blade.  It is indeed a fine sword of ancient craftsmanship."

He slowly drew the sword as to not seem to be using it for fighting.  He placed it down on the bar and bid Darek to look.

"It has been my faithful friend since I met my king.  It is a gift," he said, "A gift from the Tristin of Strata."

Suddenly Ceri was beside him and asking for an order.  He looked up at her and smiled with great mirth.  Taking her hand in his, he gently kissed it.

"It is good to see you," he said to her.  "You must forgive me for my outburst.  In truth, I was only joking around, for I hoped that someone I knew still worked here.  Much has happened since last we met.  Tell me, would it be possible for me to return to working here, even if not as owner.  You must remember that when I started here, I was a dishwasher, and it gets no humbler than that.  I suppose you are the one in charge, seeing as you must be the one who has worked here longest.  If not, please forgive me."

On the outside, perhaps, Bobbo appeared to be a normal, everyday beggar, yet inside there was something more.  Visible in his eyes was something very strange:  love.  Not love for one person, but for all people in these lands.  For, indeed, they were his charge.  Though few knew of his identity, he helped all without renown for himself over the past few years.  

Yet he was always known as Bobbo the Beggar, though that term did not really describe him.  He did not beg, but rather helped those who he met.  Whenever someone was in trouble, or a vile enemy ran free, Bobbo would selflessly rush in to save them.

His inspiration was, of course, his lord the Tristin.  The Tristin was a very compassionate and lovable leader, a leader who had been deposed by Troas, an evil usurpers.  Bobbo had helped the Tristin fight under his true identity, Lord Robert Junakin.

After the battle was finished, he, for a short time, returned to the Thirsty Herald as owner.  After a while, he left to help his people, leaving the tavern to his employees.  Bobbo became a wanderer.

Now he had returned.  His youth was now drawing to a close.  He was beginning to feel the youthful spirit depart from him, but wisdom came in its place.  Bobbo had seen, and felt, too much pain in his life.  His only hope was to help others to ease their own pain, so that they would not endure the trials he had.

He returned back from deep thoughts and said to Ceri, "I will have a bit of wine and a meal.  I will pay for this fellow's too."  He meant, of course, Darek sitting next to him.

Reaching into his pocket, Bobbo pulled out a silver coin.  "I believe that will cover anything we have."

He placed it on the bar in front of Ceri.  He smiled deeply.  "Don't worry about the change.  I owe much to this place."

Tell me which is better:  to die defending your country or to live and watch your homeland die?
Ralai, King of Adylius

Ceridwen Anor
New Santharian

« Reply #224 on: December 29, 2003, 10:20:22 AM »

OOC: Not a problem, Bobbo. I was worried you had forgotten us. :lol

Ceridwen gave Bobbo's hand a slight squeeze before letting it fall to her side. It was good to see a familiar face amongst the hordes of friendly regulars (as she herself was somewhat of a newcomer). She had always been fairly outgoing, but comfort in familiarity was an ingrown trait of humanity. The kuglim woman was hardly an exception.

"It's good to have you back," she stressed.

A quick motion of her hand and a smile to the men, and the innkeeper disappeared behind the wall that led to the kitchens, coin in pocket. Bringing the two identical meals to the two men, she shook the heat from her fingers.

"We'll be closing soon, but both of you are more than welcome to rooms free of charge," Ceri offered. "There will be a party tomorrow night. If either of you feel like attending, please, track me down. I would love to speak to you again."

And with that final note, the tavern was closed for the night.  

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 30, 2021, 06:05:42 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]