* 
Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?


*
gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize


Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 53   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: XIII: The Thirsty Herald - Nighttime  (Read 110294 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Marvin Cerambit
Carvin' Marvin
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 1122


Orc, Gob-Oc


« on: June 03, 2005, 09:46:22 PM »

Gathered around the plate of food Tal'as had managed to find, the people in the Thirsty Herald were having an improvised breakfast. Marvin was sitting on a chair, chewing on a piece of bread.

Edited by: Twen  Araerwen  at: 5/24/06 6:18
Logged

Marvin Cerambit ~ Do not tease my Warg, because you are crunchy and tasteful

Need help with your new Character?
~> Click Here <~
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 610


Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si


« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2005, 10:28:22 AM »

Ta'las looked curiously at Festrath and asked, "I am wondering, how long do you suppose you will remain ashore."  He glances over at Sha'ar, thinking that it would be beneficial to have someone like the captain if they were to help her in her quest.  Ta'las was uncertain what might motivate the man to help Sha'ar - they had no money - but Festrath did seem friendly enough.

The Shendar looks at Razor and then back at Festrath.  "And what are your plans for the near future?  Perhaps you will stay at the tavern a short time?"

Ta'las

Logged

festrath Blackmoor
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 76


« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2005, 01:30:22 PM »

Scratching his beard at Ta'las's question, Festrath replied, " Eh, I'm not sure how long I plan to stay on land. Most of my men are spending their spoils, going to see friends and family. A few are recovering from wounds, so I suppose I'll be ashore for a good while."

Glancing around the room with his deep blue eyes, Festrath once again  wonders at the strange collection of people. Turning back to Ta'las he replies to the second question, " I havn't really any plans for the near future, I guess I should stay at the tavern, seems as good a place as any."

Logged
Shaar Matiu
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 47


« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 08:27:22 AM »

Sha'ar picks up another hunk of bread and a few more slices of cheese and wrapps them up in the remaining cloth bandage strip in her pocket as she looks at Ta'las, bemused. He is acting more like Lor now - seeing to it that she is taken care of in the best way possible. She sees where this conversation was heading, and it makes her part homesick for Lor, yet part confident in herself and all that she is trying to do. She begins to believe that she is finally finding herself.

Sha'ar certainly never thought that a direct quest would take place as quickly as it was seeming to, but if she worked hard on her combat studies, perhaps she would be ready sooner than she expected. At least putting the tavern back to rights would give her time to ask the questions she needed to, as well as give her time to digest her fighting training with the experts here.

"I'm going to take this stuff to AnaMirl and Lori and then check on my horse. They're surely up by now. I can stop at the garden on the way back and see what we have available there. Does anyone need anything from the stables?"

Sha'ar Matiu

Logged
Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 706


Human, Korweynite


« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005, 10:22:22 PM »

Morcaanan congratulated himself on his forsight for traveling at night, avoiding the heat of the day. He was now tired, thirsty, and considerably hungry, but he was pretty well off, for the most part.

The tavern was is sight, and a welcome sight at that. He strode up to the door, and hurriedly walked in, seeking somewhere to sit down and rest his tired, aching body.

He dropped into one of the few chairs in the room and ran a hand through his hair, nodding at those present in the room, but saying nothing for the moment. He eyed the orc a little suspiciously, but payed him no mind otherwise.

He glanced round, wondering where the keepers of this tavern were...unless this little group were the keepers?

Logged

Your Neighborhood Friendly Dragonmaster
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 610


Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si


« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2005, 06:50:22 AM »

Ta'las nods to Sha'ar as she leaves.  She knows what I am doing, he thinks to himself.  I hope she does not take too much offense.

Then he looks back at Festrath and smiles.  "It is good you are staying for a time," Ta'las begins as he pulls off another hunk of bread.  "We will also be staying here until things can be put into order.  The more hands to help here, the faster we can leave the Thirsty Herald in the same shape - or perhaps even better - than when we arrived."  

He looks around at the others.  "This might be considered fine fair if we were on the road, so to speak, but I for one would like something more substantial."  Ta'las pushes his chair back and stands up.  "I will look through the kitchen for some meat...and wine for dinner.  I warn you though, I am not a chef.  If any of you are skilled at making food, speak now, for I will not accept responsibility for what happens to supper."

The Shendar starts toward the kitchen and then looks back at the others with a grin.  "Though I will accept compliments if it goes well."

Ta'las

Logged

RazorClaw BlackCrawl
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 142


« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2005, 12:33:22 PM »

Razor watches as Sha'ar carries food out to give to her charges. He wonders how she is taking all this, well he hoped.

Seeing the newcomer  take a seat, he decided that since everyone else was  busy, he would serve him.The man seemed tired, so he should be given at least something to eat. Grabbing a chunk of cheese and a hunk of bread, Razor carries it over to the human and places it in front of him. Knowing that humans could sometimes be slow, Razor decided to make sure he understood. Pointing to the  food with a long claw, Razor then pointed to his own mouth, indicating that the man should eat the food.

Razor caught the sound of Ta'las pushing his chair back, and quickly turned to see why he was standing.Hearing the man comment about finding some meat to eat, Razor's couldn't help being excited. It'd been a while since he'd had some nice, juicy meat. His jaw shivered and spasmed with anticipation, his saliva dripped over his fangs onto the floor.

Logged
festrath Blackmoor
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 76


« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2005, 12:59:22 PM »

Festrath watches as Sha'ar wraps some food to give to Ana and Lori, also declaring to check on her horse and to search the gardens for some food. As she asks if anyone needs anything from the stables, Festrath slowly shakes his head to show he is fine.

Laughing at Ta'las and his joking over cooking, Festrath rubs the tension out of his neck muscles, wondering if he can help either of them. Grinning he charmingly asked, " Do either of you two need help with your tasks? If so I will gladly assist you".

Logged
Shaar Matiu
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 47


« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2005, 05:01:22 AM »

After noticing the few head shakes in response to her question about the stables, Sha'ar nods at the group and then nods a brief hello at the newcomer before she begins to head out the door. She quickly surveys the lightly charred bar area, and debates about how to cover up the window frames. Certainly it wouldn't be to keep the place warm, as in her homeland, but on her brief trip here, she had seen a few creatures that at least she'd like to keep out. They had a lot of work to do before the tavern returned to normal, but it was good, honest work, and she was looking forward to getting back to her combat studies. The fire might turn out to have a silver lining after all.

Glancing down at her dress on the way out the door, she decides to change into her work clothes while at the stable. She hopes a woman wearing men's clothes doesn't ruin her building friendship with some of the people here, or their offers of help, but she knew if she was to salvage this dress, she couldn't keep wearing it.

She quickly takes the food to AnaMirl and Lori, and, checking on Ana's wound, finds it to be healing nicely. It wasn't as bad as she feared, but Sha'ar was also grateful that she had shown Lori about the salve. she didn't know if they had any kind of access to Ice Plant in this climate, but healing knowledge is always an important part of one's education, she thought.

Sha'ar then heads to the stables after grabbing a bucket of water at the well and gives Pyrl a quick rub down and going over before feeding him and rewatering his trough. He is a bit restless, so she makes a mental note to ask about a clothing shop back in Strata - her woolen dress was becoming difficult in this heat, so she probably couldn't keep wearing it while around here. At least it would allow Pyrl to get some exercise.

She then takes her bag from the hay pile in Pyrl's stall where she had earlier secreted it, and quickly changes into her leather pants and blue shirt, and breathes another hope that her her now boyish appearance doesn't cause too many waves. She knows everyone could tell that she was a female, but the other women in her village had certainly put her down for wearing men's clothes.  

Sha'ar Matiu

Logged
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 610


Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si


« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2005, 12:02:22 PM »

Ta'las searches through the kitchen and discovers a small cellar beneath the floor.  Despite the heat of the desert, the cellar is deep enough to keep its contents cool.  He finds what he is looking for - two large slabs of fresh meat that have been wrapped in paper.  The Shendar then heads out to the garden through the rear entrance, and harvests a basket of potatoes, carrots and leeks.  From the well, he draws a bucket of water.  

He quickly returns to the kitchen and then looks over everything.  Hmm...this looks like everything that goes into stew, but where do I start? he wonders.

The Shendar shrugs and grabs a large knife and the basket of vegetables.

Ta'las

Logged

Norkin
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 46


« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2005, 04:14:22 AM »

A grey old man, looking very tired, stumbles into the tavern. He begins to breath heavily and takes an empty stall
" 1 loaf of bread and a jug of water please" the old man says to the tavern keeper, hoping she doesn't recognise him as the cowardly drunk who fled the burning tavern.

Logged
Marvin Cerambit
Carvin' Marvin
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 1122


Orc, Gob-Oc


« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2005, 08:31:22 AM »

After picking up another piece of bread and some more cheese, Marvin walks to the counter. The food will do untill the Ta'las fixed dinner. He said he would look for meat, so that saves him going through the trouble looking for it.

1 loaf of bread and a jug of water please.

The current tavern keeper can hardly be refered to as a 'she', but he remembers the old man. He had seen him running around the day before. Not that he really cared where the old one had been hanging out. He places a jug of water on the counter.

Here's the water, and there's bread on the table.

Logged

Marvin Cerambit ~ Do not tease my Warg, because you are crunchy and tasteful

Need help with your new Character?
~> Click Here <~
Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 706


Human, Korweynite


« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2005, 02:58:22 PM »

Morcaanan is a bit surprised by the Psyrpent's offer, but nods his thanks and accepts the food. He sat in silence and apart, not feeling in the mood to join in any activities at the moment, deciding to find a bed when finished with his food.

Logged

Your Neighborhood Friendly Dragonmaster
Shaar Matiu
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 47


« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2005, 10:27:22 PM »

Sha'ar quietly slipped back over to the tavern, nervous over the potential reaction to her changed appearance despite her relief at being in fresh clothes. She well remembered the treatment of most in her village whenever she appeared in the male garb she used when working with Lor.

Passing by the garden, she noted fresh digging and decided that someone must have already gone there to get some more food. Not wishing to make a grand entrance through the front, she decided to slip through the back entrance into the kitchen and see how things were going.

She carefully opened the kitchen door, trying not to alert those in the tavern's main room. As she stepped into the kitchen, she jumped back, startled by the presence of a male figure in the kitchen. Realizing it was Ta'las, she breathed a small sigh of relief.

"I saw the fresh digging in the garden, and decided to come back here to see if I could help in the kitchen. What can I do to help?" Sha'ar asked.    

Sha'ar Matiu

Edited by: Shaar Matiu at: 6/12/05 14:29
Logged
Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 706


Human, Korweynite


« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2005, 04:06:22 AM »

Morcaanan has finished the small repast, then stands and decides to make for the kitchen to find out how things are being run around here.

He walks in on the two people in the kitchen, and for a moment didn't recognize the woman in male costume as the same who had walked out the front door a short time before.

He is tired; tempted to sleep. But he has noticed the many scars of recent disaster on the place, and chides himself for his lack of neighborliness.

"May I assist you?" he asked politely, making as if to set aside his sword and vambraces.

Logged

Your Neighborhood Friendly Dragonmaster
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 53   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 30, 2021, 06:05:42 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]
Members
Total Members: 2848
Latest: Carilinaa
Stats
Total Posts: 214567
Total Topics: 8051
Online Today: 32
Online Ever: 216
(November 30, 2006, 09:08:03 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 26
Total: 26

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines
TinyPortal v0.9.8 © Bloc
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Theme based on Cerberus with Risen adjustments by Bloc and Krelia
Modified By Artimidor for The Santharian Dream
gfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx