Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new OOC: Tragedy  (Read 77127 times)
Shaar Matiu
New Santharian

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2005, 08:24:22 AM »

Just wanted to clarify how the meat was being cooked - you mention starting to cook it, but I'm not sure how now that others are referring to roasting meat (something done in an oven) and I'm thinking you're boiling it on the stove top referring to boiling water - which can be done (usually prepping meat to be made into soup, hence Sha'ar's "saving the water for soup" statement. Sorry to be such a dunce right now - the two show days are playing havoc with our sleep schedules right now.

For everyone - as needed, I'll go back and adjust my last few posts where I refer to the cooking meat.

Sha'ar Matiu

Erián'melór
The Shadow of Death
Approved Character

Elf, Injerín

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2005, 04:40:22 AM »

Just curious if anyone thought I was being too dramatic. I'm not trying to be a drama...um...king...I'm just trying to stay true to my character. Also, I hope no one takes it personally if I insult them in a post, for example...calling Razor a monster. Its just the nature of Erian not to trust anyone.

Erian Melor

Shaar Matiu
New Santharian

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2005, 03:21:22 AM »

Ok - I definitely need more sleep. Feel free to delete my mis-post under Eilane's account, Marvin, now that I put it up under Sha'ar's.  

Sha'ar Matiu

RazorClaw BlackCrawl
New Santharian

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2005, 08:56:22 AM »

*Gasp!* You'd call me a montser? Unthinkable! I should crush your skull with my bare hands, spear you with your own spine, and strangle you with your intestines!...

Lol, just kidding. I don't think your too dramatic, you play your character very nicely, if a little grimly.

Erián'melór
The Shadow of Death
Approved Character

Elf, Injerín

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2005, 12:45:22 AM »

Just wanted to give everyone notice that Erian will be leaving the Thirsty Herald. I've got a couple of stories to post in and the demands of RL, so I won't have the time to keep posting in the Herald. Sometime later today I'll make a post where Erian walks off into the sunset, or something like that.

Erian Melor

Shaar Matiu
New Santharian

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2005, 03:10:22 AM »

Ok - now you guys know I don't multi-task very well. Marvin - the posts where I'm logged in under Eilane - is there a simple way to deal with them, or should I just leave them as is? I'm solving the problem by using two seperate browsers from now on........

Sha'ar

Sha'ar Matiu

Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2005, 03:50:22 AM »

ERIAN:

Quote:
Just curious if anyone thought I was being too dramatic. I'm not trying to be a drama...um...king...I'm just trying to stay true to my character. Also, I hope no one takes it personally if I insult them in a post, for example...calling Razor a monster. Its just the nature of Erian not to trust anyone.

I insult everyone and everything in every post i make, But that's just how my in-game character is. I am mostly building much hatred and sucpision around me.

Currently i am still sleeping inside the inn. Passed out from burning injuries. And a long travel. Just so you all know. So if the inn burns down again, warn me, Because i don't want to die sleeping ( Rather in combat :p  ). Hehe
I'l probably be down when my char has slept for about another six hours.... So until then Lori Lo and the inn will be safe from being murdered and destroyed. (* Input a where demolshing long evil laugh here... * )

Marvin Cerambit
Carvin' Marvin
Approved Character

Orc, Gob-Oc

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2005, 09:13:22 AM »

Sha'ar: just put an ooc note on top saying it's you and you'll be fine :)  

Marvin Cerambit ~ Do not tease my Warg, because you are crunchy and tasteful

Need help with your new Character?
~> Click Here <~
Shaar Matiu
New Santharian

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2005, 03:43:22 AM »

I just received word from my family in New York State that my grandfather passed away this morning (July 3). I will do my best to get on at least once a day - I'm in Arizona, BTW, but I'm not sure about funeral arrangements at this point, or if I'll be flying back for a funeral service now, or if it will be a memorial service later on in the summer. If at any point I'll need to be puppeted for a few days, feel free to do so -  if not Marvin, then Ta'las, Festrath, Razor - which ever one of you is directly involved in training Sha'ar at that point, go ahead and do so. I'll do my best to keep you all informed. Here's a link (I hope) to her character description, followed by a cut and paste of her weapons specifics.

Sha'ar Matiu

Physical Appearance: Sha'ar, at first glance, appears younger than her 20 years, due to her slight build. Her tomboyish upbringing by her adopted brother encouraged certain mannerisms in her, but she is very beautiful, and can carry herself like a lady when she has to, thanks to her agility and grace of movement. There is a small scar on her right temple, a reminder of her frightening escape as a child in the middle of battle. It has a tendency to ache when she is in a tight spot in a fight. If one can get her to laugh, her smile can light up a room, but this is a rare event.

Weapons: In diminishing order of skill: a pair of daggers, a bow, and a short sword.

Strengths:
1. Her skills as a horsewoman. Despite her diminutive stature, she has a way with horses, particularly Pyrl. Sha'ar and Pyrl are also a good team in battle situations.
2. Excellent agility
3. A quick mind
4. Some healing knowledge, mostly in horse care.
5. Training with daggers, bow, and short sword by her adopted warrior brother. She is best with the daggers.

Weaknesses:
1. Her diminutive stature/lack of brute strength. She starved as a child after her family was wiped out until she was taken in. Even though she has been trained in hand to hand combat, the only way she is successful in ground level combat is due to her agility.
2. Her desire to avenge the deaths of her friends and family, which makes her brash.
3. Tendency to be withdrawn and mistrusting, even to the point of refusing assistance in a potentially dangerous situation from someone whom she mistrusts .
4. She is very protective of both children and horses, and will throw herself in harm's way to defend them or rescue them.

And Marvin - I'll get to editing my mis-posts under Eilane later. Been meaning to deal with it, and just haven't had the chance.  

Sha'ar Matiu

Marvin Cerambit
Carvin' Marvin
Approved Character

Orc, Gob-Oc

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2005, 07:42:22 AM »

Sorry to hear that. In any case, take you time.

~> Click Here <~
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2005, 12:10:22 PM »

Sha'ar, sorry to hear about your grandfather.  And as Marvin mentioned, please take your time.  Take care.

Ta'las

Marvin Cerambit
Carvin' Marvin
Approved Character

Orc, Gob-Oc

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2005, 07:05:22 PM »

All players have a look here and voice your oppinion.

Edited by: Marvin Cerambit  at: 7/4/05 11:06

~> Click Here <~
Shaar Matiu
New Santharian

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2005, 04:08:22 AM »

Thank you for your warm thoughts. It's good to know one is not alone.

Update on my travel plans: The funeral is Monday. I'll be flying out Sunday night, but with two shows that day, I'm planning on being offline from this coming Saturday night (July 9) through Tuesday/Wednesday (July 13). I will be checking email, however, on Tuesday, so if anything major comes up for Sha'ar, my email is:

lucialammermoor@earthlink.net

(Couldn't get the email insert thing to work. Sorry)

Sha'ar Matiu

Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2005, 10:29:22 AM »

Marvin, could we please have a new topic Outside the Tavern?  There will be some activity in the courtyard for a while, and it would probably be best to keep it separate from what is happening inside the Thirsty Herald.

Thanks!

Ta'las

RazorClaw BlackCrawl
New Santharian

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2005, 02:18:22 AM »

Sorry to hear about your grandfather as well, Sha'ar. I know what you're going through. We won't do anything too important without you, promise ;)  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 30, 2021, 06:05:42 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]