Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comments  (Read 896 times)
Gean Firefeet
Approved Character

« on: August 29, 2001, 12:16:22 AM »

Greetings Masters Gnufruk and Drogo.

I hope you recognise me from the main Santharian Board, otherwise, hello I'm Gean FIrefeet, nice to see you two.

I do have a few comments from experiences with another site I used to RP.
1) I saw someone testing his picture in one of the threads. You could make a special thread in the ooc forum for people to test custom images and signatures, requests pictures for their own use.
2) Mayhaps you could edit the posts RP tutorial so that the threads appear on their exact order of writing, so you first edit the 5th lesson, then the 4th etc to the preface, makes reading a lot easier...

More might follow, I'm just exploring strange new worlds and civilisations to learn and comment where I think necessaryso that I might set up my tavern one day.

[edit]: the forseen 'more following':
3) It might be just me usual webdesign, but I believe usually visited links are darker then unvisited. Just a minor detail but it kept confusing me.
4) Some story forums have the banner of the 'Sword of Milkengrad' above it. You might want to ask Art or someone else to make a banner for each forum.

best regards and wishes ánd keep up the good work.

Edited by: Gean Firefeet at: 8/28/01 3:25:00 pm
Drogo
New Santharian

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2001, 01:09:22 AM »

Thx for your comments Gean, they are much appreciated.  Working on all that you have mentioned.

Artimidor Federkiel
Admin

Homepage
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2001, 06:50:22 AM »

Yup, wanted to mention especially 1) too.

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...
Gean Firefeet
Approved Character

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2001, 10:29:22 PM »

Sorry to be so annoying, but I have a comment/suggestion #5
5) Maybe you should think of merging a few forums. because of the way RP stories are handled, namely every story a single forum, the number of forums increase dramatically now this section is prospering. My suggestion: merge some of the other forums. For example, you have two discussion forums in the "Main Out of Character Area". You could change this to a single one for discussions in general. Next I think you could merge the "Posting Tips", "Role Playing Tutorial" and "First Steps For Role Playing" into a gernal "New Player Area" where all turorials, tips, guides etc are listed, but where as well new players can ask questions that can be answered by admins or experienced players. This way the overview of the page will become much better IMHO.
Oh before I forget:
6)Create an "Admin News" forum or something similar where you (the admins) can post general news concerning the RPGs, maybe upcoming or new stories, the finsihing of closing of old, new guides that were proposed, other major changes on the board etc. Much like the first forum of hte main Santharian board. This way you can provide your players with news easily. Unfortuantely you have to create a new forum for that :(

Questions, comments etc on this post them here!

Drogo
New Santharian

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2001, 01:26:22 AM »

As for taking up more room and such.  I was thinking that perhaps I could do one topic "Story Archive" for the active, and non-active areas, that way they would take up less room on the main board.  Defiantely will combine the discussion areas you brought up.  As for the Where to Begin Areas I think that is a good thing as well.  I've actually been thinking of an Admin area.  Once again, thanks for all the comments Gean.

Drogo
New Santharian

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2001, 02:28:22 AM »

Well I did some combining, unfortuanately no a lot, as we can't have sub forums in forums.  They should do something about that.  Alas, we shall see what the future holds.  After say a month or two how about we delete or move Inactive roleplaying games, unless it is asked for them to stay.  Such as would be the case of Sword of Milkengrad.  Perhaps we could put them all in a folder tucked away somewhere?

Edited by: Drogo at: 8/29/01 6:19:21 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]

[April 10, 2018, 08:32:04 PM]