Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Would you allow me to make a new RP?  (Read 1416 times)
Bobbo the Beggar
New Santharian

« on: March 31, 2002, 07:15:22 AM »

I would like to create an RP about my character's journeys throughout Sorren. I would allow whoever wants to to join until we get to a limit (19-24). Here is the background for this RP which I would like to entitle "The Wanderings of the Beggar"

The starting position would be just outside the Thirsty Herald and would go wherever the characters wanted to go. The revealing depths of the story will completely change my character (Character Descriptions: The New Bobbo the Beggar) and allow him to find what he seeks. I plan for a long and slow process which will come forth from the depths of my mind as time goes on.

The information below the link to the board would say, "A poor, mysterious man is going on the terrible journey known as life. He will meet several travelers who may accompany him, though he wishes for them only for himself (as they would have enough money to sustain him). Who knows what mysterious path this man will journey on."

So, what do you think?

"I travel from north to south and from east to west and back again searching for my purpose in life. I cannot find it." Bobbo the Beggar

Elienta
New Santharian

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2002, 10:46:22 PM »

Perhaps you should gather a few players to start off with. I'm still trying to get my bearings around here, so I suppose you should talk with Drogo about starting a new story. There seem to be quite a few going on around here as it is.. *shrugs*

The greatest thing you'll ever learn
Is just to love and be loved in return

Drogo
New Santharian

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2002, 08:55:22 PM »

Well starting a new story is fine.  Just a few things first off.  If you want a good story I would lower the number of characters to 4-8, otherwise it will be confusing with different actions and conversations going on, and very likely that important things will be missed.  In otherwords it's a storyline nightmare.  Ok, I understand that you want the story to flow as it gets written, however I just ask two things.  One, why would a beggar be going on any adventure really, and two, perhaps a very general and vague outline or future for the story.  If you have any questions or want to e-mail me anything my e-mail is Drogo_@hotmail.com

Bobbo the Beggar
New Santharian

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2002, 01:18:22 PM »

The beggar needs to find his purpose in his life because he knows not what to do in his life. He is also going to avenge his parents by finding the elves who murdered them.

I believe that I will keep the story pretty much around Strata. He will in the end find that he is related distantly to a nobleman whose entire family was killed, but his wealth was saved. He claims the wealth for himself (which will make a great change to my character's profile, one day a beggar, the next a nobleman :lol  ) at the end and hires mercenaries to hunt and kill the elves that killed his parents.

So, what do you think? I'll take your advice about character limits. 4-8 sounds better. I'll find some people who will join me as soon as it may be started (if you approve). Thank you, sir!

"I travel from north to south and from east to west and back again searching for my purpose in life. I cannot find it." Bobbo the Beggar

Drogo
New Santharian

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2002, 07:32:22 AM »

Allright, post in the general area, and gather those you wish for the story, nd post in here again when it's ready to go up.

Bobbo the Beggar
New Santharian

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2002, 12:04:22 PM »

I'm ready! The characters that will be participating are:

Bobbo the Beggar (myself)
Muggon
Kento Miramya
Tekradon
Kezzix the Mad
Madrik
Gandoria
Rhuken

I'm ready whenever you are, sir.

Artimidor Federkiel
Admin

Homepage
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2002, 07:51:22 AM »

You're using Angelfire as your webspace, Bobbo, which is not a good idea. Nobody can see the pic (except you perhaps). Please mail it to Uragel for uploading on the Santharian server so that there are no problems.

Contact Artimidor - Webmaster & World Development Admin
The Santharian Dream - Where fantasy dreams come true

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...
Bobbo the Beggar
New Santharian

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2002, 10:47:22 AM »

Thank you, sir. I will do that immediately.

Bobbo the Beggar
New Santharian

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2002, 12:33:22 PM »

We are ready, sir. I have my folks.

Uragel
New Santharian

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2002, 07:14:22 PM »

OK give me the title, and then a description of what you want............

~ Uragel! ~  
 ~ Character Description | World   of Klintorth
~ Little Miss Moderating Mistress & All Round "Little Helper"~~  
Dont let it end like this...... Tell them I said something!!!

Bobbo the Beggar
New Santharian

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2002, 12:51:22 PM »

The information is at the top of this post, my lady. And throughout. "The Wanderings of the Beggar." Starting point: Just outside the Thirsty Herald. General plot: My char goes through several hardships while being helped (or harmed) by other chars. In the end, he finds that he is a relative of a nobleman whose family was destroyed (as well as himself) yet his wealth remains. Bobbo then claims the wealth for himself. Description (updated, disregard upper one): A young man is on a terrible journey called "life." Now he walks with others along a path of torture and pain. What will come out of this? Will he find his purpose in life? Stay tuned!!!"

Rintara
New Santharian

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2002, 03:46:22 PM »

"The Wanderings of the Beggar."

Starting just outside the Thirsty Herald.Bobbo the Begger and his friends go through several hardships while being helped and harmed by others. In a search to find about his mysterious past. This young man is on a terrible journey called "life." Now he walks with others along a path of torture and pain. What will come out of this? Will he find his purpose in life?

How about that?? You've got to keep in mind that it'll be a small font and having only having one or two lines just doesn't cut it. See if you can add some more detail to that and then I'll create the new area as soon as I can - I realise that you've been waiting a while... But :\  ...............

*****Rintara*****
And well...... Yeah

trueblaze
New Santharian

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2002, 10:07:22 AM »

I know you already have 9 people but i've been searching for an RP story and yours looks kind of neat...would it be possible you could fit one more person in? Please :) :) :) :) :)  

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it

Bobbo the Beggar
New Santharian

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2002, 12:30:22 PM »

Actually, Sir Trueblaze, I need another person to fill in a spot for someone who is not joining. You are in.
:rollin
More detail . . . Well let's see. Uh . . . How about this:
Starting outside the Thirsty Herald near the city of Strata, Bobbo the Beggar (known as Bob to the few who are his friends) embarks on a quest to discover himself for who he is. He is joined by several other travelers on his quest to achieve this goal, both those who help and those who harm. Perhaps this will all end well . . .
:)
How's that? :D
Well. I sure hope that's good. :hat  Cause I have been waitin' a while. No prob though. I know how it is sometimes ;)  .
See ya'll! :)  

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]