Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Awards!  (Read 759 times)
Calanthe De Cadenet
New Santharian

« on: January 30, 2004, 03:55:22 AM »

I've just an idea.

About an annual Awards thing.

The Catagories could be (for example)

Best Current Game
Best Moderated City
Best Roleplayer
Best Written CD
Funniest roleplaying post
Funniest Non-roleplaying post
Best NPC Hero
Best NPC Villain
Best New creature/place/plant/item etc.
Best Overall Contributor
Best Creative Mind

The prize could be a limited wish (approved by an admin) plus a suitable plaque under the name.

Could be a winner?  Minimum of 10 non cd posts to qualify and must be currently involved, obv.

What does everyone, and I mean everyone (I have a loaded fish and know where you all live) think?

"The rough paths of the world can be hard on a lady's skin and hair.  Why not treat yourself to the luxury of one of Mistress Parfum's high quality bars of soap?"

How Calanthe Got Here

mystikskye lm
New Santharian

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2004, 06:23:22 AM »

i think that sounds neat, but could i have the fish anyway?
I'm kinda hurgry :lol  

"I tell you, I'm as old, if not older than any other in this pub." I said as I sat there, the lady before me looked down "Say what you want kid, your still not getting a pint of ale"

Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2004, 07:16:22 AM »

I think this has already been proposed quite a few times.
I personally have nothing against the idea, but how would you judge who's the best roleplayer, for example? I mean, does someone here really read all the messages daily? :D  

-----
Squee! Squee!
The rat story

Alýr (Rayne)
Dreamress
Story Mod

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »

We actually had a proposal a while ago on the Dev board suggesting Awards. There are, however, some things that stop me from jumping on this.

1) Competition: I don't want people getting overly competitive, and I don't want anyone feeling bad when they lose a contest. That in itself may drive people from the board. I don't want the moral of the players dropping.

2) Awards themselves; What do we give out? It has been discussed, and the only things we could come up with were a) a little icon next to a players name (which would have to be made) b) a title addition of some sort or c) a weapon or power for one's RP character. These in themselves are a bit iffy.

3) Popularity: We may have a wonderful poster out there who is only in one story that is moving rather slowly because so few people are in it. As stated before, no one reads every single post on the boards (not even aministrators) and I'm afraid that a lot of these contest would turn into big popularity contests.

If we can iron out some of these things, I think that having contests would be wonderful. It's actually been on the administrator discussion list for quite some time (about two months).

Radaroc
New Santharian

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2004, 01:05:22 PM »

100% agree with Rayne on this one.  One of the biggest problems is the unfeasibility of the plan as Rayne also stated.

"Ok!  Who's talking...what?  Oh, hello down there."

Mortus Pryde
IRC Chatroom Op
Approved Character

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2004, 03:37:22 PM »

Another huge problem to soo many suggestions is shear manpower! We are woefully undermaned as it is. We have only one CCM, Khiera, and talk to her almost every two weeks if not every month to see if she knows of exceptable candidates for modship that I have over looked. The responce I get is grim to say the least.

Bottem line here is that we need more people to support what we have first.

I am really not willing to talk about compititions, awards, or PC addoption till our man power problem is solved. We admins can not solve this problem. We can not dictate that any player must do for us, they must be willing to do it themselves and on a consistant enough basis, and willing to take on a bit more responiblity. So far few have been willing, and those who have either turned down more responciblity or are being watched with high hopes that at last we will have another CCM to help out.

We admins do not need more work to do! We have Arti breathing down our necks enough just trying to support what we have, and lack a suitable foundation to support our efforts. As wonderful and eager as Kheira is, she alone can not support our efforts that span much farther than what many of you see.

Admin Contact Info: Mortus Pryde/Terra Atremos

Santharia IRC Channel is open, come in, have fun, chat, get help and more.
Channel: #santharia
Server: irc.sorcery.net
Ports: 6669, 7000, 9000

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]