Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: At last!  (Read 2569 times)
Ciara Telumendil
Evasive Marauder
Approved Character

Human, Avennorian

« on: February 18, 2004, 05:52:22 AM »

Okies everyone...Kalina is finally doing it....*giggles*...I mean Ciara. *Winks* I have a proposition for a city/story with my pal and co-mod Argon Glasstar.

RPG Title: Misfortune in Helente

Required Players to start: 5 players

Setting: Current day the town of Helente located in the vicinity of Milkengrad

Plot
The town of Helente has been having mysterious deaths lately. People have been disappearing as of late and their loved ones have been receiving their hearts in boxes. To the east within an hours walk you shall find the heads on pikes of the murdered people. The people who have been being killed seem to have no connection at all.The PC's are to find out who is causing this and attempt to stop this. As the story unfolds the players will be faced with danger and mystery alike to determine who is causing the deaths and to bring them to justice, or at least stop them…if they can... This RPG plans to be guided to determine the murderer, and why he is doing it.

What we plan on doing is having the PC's Start in Helente, somehow the become involved with the tracking down with the murderers. They will either be approached, see the wanted posters, or perhaps even attacked at random one
night. The objective is for the PC to travel from Helente through the area of Milkengrad in order to determine the purpose of the killings.  We will have a threads for each step along the way to discovering the culprit(s). Not everyone will have information in Milkengrad and not everyone will be willing to help, of course. Dar'mont plans on having Dar'mont and Argon involved, I plan on having Ciara involved. Currently we are looking for other players. They may come and go as they please. We had hoped on a core group, more or less of approximately 5 people, of course people interchanging in and out. We would like people to post at least everyother day. We will be focusing on solving the crime although character development and intercharacter relationships are encouraged. We do not wish to be a hack & slash RP, but will
have some action and fights.

Updated version...hope this works...

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." - Gimli

Edited by: Ciara Telumendil at: 2/22/04 2:38

Argon Glasstar
Hopeless Romantic
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2004, 06:56:22 AM »

To the east of the town within an hours walk you shall The people who have been being killed seem to have no connection at all.

Should read "To the east within an hours walk you shall find the heads on pikes of the murdered people. The people who have been being killed seem to have no connection at all. "

http://pub103.ezboard.com/fthesantharianrpgboardfrm83.showMessage?topicID=104.topic

"Don't laugh at me, Don't call me names, Don't get your pleasure from my pain, In God's eyes we're all the same, Someday we'll all have perfect wings, Don't laugh at me"
quote from:
Don't Laugh At Me~ Mark Wills
Calanthe De Cadenet
New Santharian

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2004, 03:02:22 AM »

interesting, a murder mystery.  Love to join it if it gets going.

Why five players though?

"The rough paths of the world can be hard on a lady's skin and hair.  Why not treat yourself to the luxury of one of Mistress Parfum's high quality bars of soap?"

How Calanthe Got Here

Argon Glasstar
Hopeless Romantic
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2004, 05:28:22 AM »

first number to come to mind

we really have no limit on the number of people

http://pub103.ezboard.com/fthesantharianrpgboardfrm83.showMessage?topicID=104.topic

"Don't laugh at me, Don't call me names, Don't get your pleasure from my pain, In God's eyes we're all the same, Someday we'll all have perfect wings, Don't laugh at me"
quote from:
Alýr (Rayne)
Dreamress
Story Mod

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »

I'm a bit foggy on the setting.

East of Goltherlon is the Ancythrian Sea. You can't very well have a town in the middle of a sea! And there's certainly no Higher Forest out there. Perhaps you meant WEST of Goltherlon in the HIGH FORES? This would place you in a somewhat mountainous region, which is not very good to live in, not only because Horned drakes live there (I believe), but also the residence of the Thromgolz, who don't particularly like outsiders trompling all over their mountains!

Is the town you speak of, Helente, going to be human or elven or dwarven? or perhaps of some other race?  

Argon Glasstar
Hopeless Romantic
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2004, 01:14:22 AM »

The area is of the Helcrani,  The town is human
I must have misread the entry on the Helcrani, thinking they inhabitated the High Fores still, The area where this would occur would be Milkengrad.

quote from:
Radaroc
New Santharian

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2004, 10:54:22 AM »

...Ummm, Milkengrad or some small town in the general vicinity of it?  And if its Helcrani, don't forget the kilts! ;)  

"Ok!  Who's talking...what?  Oh, hello down there."

Darius Shortblade
New Santharian

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2004, 10:12:22 AM »

I'll work on getting Kalina to go ahead and change it when she gets a chance.  So we can adjust the original proposal.
Oops wrong Account

Edited by: Darius Shortblade at: 2/20/04 3:42
Mínsyth Mërénwčn
Guardian
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim/ Ylfferhim

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2004, 09:51:22 AM »

Okies...we have fixified it! Hope it works!  

"...Life is a story waiting to be written. It is up to us to make it exciting and unforgetable..." - Shara

Radaroc
New Santharian

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2004, 03:19:22 PM »

How many other players are you looking for, you say that the both of you will have 3 chars in the story, do you mean another 5 or 2 more?

Calanthe De Cadenet
New Santharian

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2004, 03:14:22 AM »

i'd appreciate it if you could consider me.  Been so long since we had a game that didn't need you a million years in the past or in a very unlikely place or give you 30 seconds to get your request in because 6 of the mod's mates/pcs have already got most of the places.

Ok.  I didn't see that rant coming so I can't be responsible for it, can I?

"The rough paths of the world can be hard on a lady's skin and hair.  Why not treat yourself to the luxury of one of Mistress Parfum's high quality bars of soap?"

How Calanthe Got Here

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2004, 08:04:22 AM »

Okies...I believe the 5 is the minimum we would like to have...the more the merrier actually. *grins*

Cal...I would love to have you join *huggles* my fellow mini-mod *chuckles*

I will talk to Dar just to make sure on the number since he decided on that but The more the merrier! *smiles*

Two more and we should be able to get things started...

"...Life is a story that is waiting to be written. It is up to us to make it exciting and unforgettable..." - Shara

Edited by: Kalina Merenwen at: 2/24/04 2:44

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Radaroc
New Santharian

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2004, 03:01:22 PM »

Calanthe, you should join a city board.

Calanthe De Cadenet
New Santharian

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2004, 02:38:22 AM »

Thank you, I will join when up, though I always warn that I am a little scarce fri-sat-sun as not got  t'internet at home.

@ Rad, thanks for the suggestion, but I got a character in each already and waiting for Nemersys to stop being Neverposts (I know the reason, I'm only joshing).

Woo-hoo!!!!  Now re-entering English Calm Space.

How Calanthe Got Here

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2004, 04:10:22 AM »

That is fine Cal...Santh slows down those three days anyways so I wouldnt worry about it too much...*huggles*

"...Life is a story that is waiting to be written. It is up to us to make it exciting and unforgettable..." - Shara

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[November 10, 2020, 12:24:32 PM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]