Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A story Idea in progress..hello??  (Read 1743 times)
Carolyn Marleo
New Santharian

« on: January 21, 2004, 07:53:22 AM »

The RPG title is The Race, I might change this because I think it sounds a bit too plain, and boring. But thats the name i've come up with so far.
The basic plot is, well its quite long, but here I go.

Carolyn, my character, receives a letter from some unkonwn person. She is not the only person receiving this letter, everyone who joins this story will receive this letter. In this letter the sender, indicates that the receiver is invited to join a race. A race that involves riddles, and mind games. A race that travals the world, and lets the player explore places his character has not.

In the letter it is also pointed out that the person holding the race wants to meet everyone who is competeing in it. So a meeting place is written down, and it is expected for all the players to reach the meeting place in less than 9 sunsets.

( What I mean by this is that the person who wants to enter my story will have to come up with a short description on how his/her character will get to the meeting place. It has to tell what sort of transportation, and what kind of places they travaled to get there, it has to be logical, they cant traval a sea in 1 day that takes at least a month. It all depends on where his/her character is already loacted.
Also the player must write this in order to join the rpg, it is sorta like a character request)

If the player does not reach the meeting place in the given amount of time they will not be able to compete in the race.

Once everyone who is going to be in the story has reached the meeting place, a lady will enter it. (The place will probably be a tavern or Inn havn't decided.)

This lady who is the person responsible for all of them being there, meaning she wrote and sent all the letters....well, she informs them that before she gives out any further instructions that they must sign a contract. In this contract it says that once you sign this here document, you are agreeing to compete in a race, which once you start you can not turn back. Its a race to finish and that is final. Also the contact forbids you that you cannot exceed 10 people for each team, including children, and other racial people. Your team is responible for solving each riddle that is given to you by the team guide(mini mod). The maximum amount is 2 groups.

Once they sign the contract the lady tells them about this race, which is basicly all in the contract in the first place. She lets them split into groups whith who they want to be with. She also gives them their first list of riddles.
They will al receive about 3 lists through out the entire race. Each list consits of about 6 riddles. And all the riddles lead up to a place where they will advance in the game.

Now I bet your wondering why someone would want to join a story which will include mind exloading riddles, near death experiences, and seemingly no purpose.....well after everyone teams up into their two groups...she gets their attention and tells them what they have been dieing to hear since they got the letter.....What do they get from all this? Why should I compete in a stupid race? Whats the point...?

Well the point is I know every character out there has some desire deep in their heart.....to own a pet dragon, exceed a level and be a undefeated mage, own some very valuable item, be the richest person in the world... Exactly that its the prize, which ever team reaches the finish line first, will have a reality check.

Ten people cant all have their deepest desire, we cant have god players running around that would ruin all the fun of us hard working rpers.. At the end of the race, all team members of the winning team will vote on who should be the best person to receive their hearts desire. But, the characters in the story will not know of this vote they are all supposed to think the entire team will receive their hearts desire. You your self may know but not your character.

I hope that wasn't a sore for all of your eyes, I'm not that good at gettng my point across. lol

Anyways, another player who I came up with creating this story in the first place is a guy by the screen name of crispers.
These are mostly my ideas, but he is some what of an influence. The amount of players needed to be in this race is about 14 and that is not including me my characters, and crispers, all in all there will be a total of 20. Also I must add I will need 2 mods, or mini mods what ever you call them. They will be involved in the story, and they will give out the lists of riddles.

Now let me tell you I have not come up with they place the people will be travaling or the riddles they will solve but I need to come up with some and I'm not that good at solving or coming up with either one. I'm asking for help on that department.

Well that is about it, I hope I've described everything in enough detail. I'll check back later and reply to all comments.

Carolyn Marleo's Identity Revealed

Edited by: Carolyn Marleo  at: 1/27/04 23:24
Fishhook The Orc
New Santharian

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2004, 03:03:22 AM »

best goody two shoes wins?  Well, thaaaaaats tempting.  :wink2  

We du swap, yah? fur, yah? yoo give mee ten coin, yah? I give yoo unbrokun bodee, yah? yah?

So yah wunt tah na mee storee. Cost yah 3 Sahn

Edited by: Fishhook The Orc at: 1/21/04 19:04
Carolyn Marleo
New Santharian

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2004, 07:12:22 AM »

lol well I'm not sure if thats going to stay. I kinda just want the winner to be someone who has treated others with respect, and also someone who doesn't give up. Basicly a person who has dedication to the story. I dont want the winner to be somone who posts little, and newbish entries. I want the
winner to be a great help to the story!

Obviously I am excluiding my self from being the winner because I'm the one creating the story, and I know all that is taking place.

All I really wanted was to create a rpg other than a "journey" I'm tired of going to rpg places and seeing the words "wonderful journey", or "adventerous", or "find the mystical artifact". I thought if I took matters into my own hands, I'd make a race with is sort of the same but also different.

So yes the goodie goodie too shoo wins but what i mean by that is you have to use honorable actions to win, your personality has to be worthy enough to gain your deepest desire.

Edited by: Carolyn Marleo  at: 1/21/04 23:16
Anastopheles
New Santharian

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2004, 04:23:22 AM »

It might be best to give it to the person with best roleplaying skills, regardless of how well they treat the others.  It's a race, yes?

Though the entire idea is a nice one, the decision would have to be seen as a definitely fair one or it might do more harm to the board than good.

"I have wrestled men, women, elves, dwarves, orcs and bears.  The only creature who I could not defeat is talking to you."

The Tragedy of Anastopheles

Carolyn Marleo
New Santharian

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2004, 01:24:22 PM »

That is somewhat but not exactly what i actually mean.
I'm not very good at explaining my self so i'll try again.
I want the winner to be, as you said a great roleplayer, but I dont want it to be somone who is a loner. I would really like it to be someone who helps keep the team going, not some big bulky warrior who has trouble expressing his emotions or is rude and intolerable.
I just want the person who wins to gain it with honorable actions, and I want it to be noticible that who ever wins evryone can agree on it.
I mean if I really have to i'll  change the prize to something rare but not as rare for the whole entire team not getting one.
I dont know I just really hope this works out.

Imilie of Strata
New Santharian

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2004, 02:59:22 AM »

You could put the decision to a player vote.....  then any difficulty should disappear.

"You are doubtless wondering why you cannot move and who is the woman with the very sharp knife at your throat. The answer is that I am your Goddess and your Goddess is not happy with you, not happy at all....'

Carolyn Marleo
New Santharian

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2004, 08:21:22 AM »

:jawdrop  Wow, never thought of that. :worship  Thank you, I actually think that is alot fairer and better. Thank you very much. :rollin  I'll go and change that now. And once again thanks!!! :nod  

Imilie of Strata
New Santharian

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2004, 02:55:22 AM »

No problem!

"You are doubtless wondering why you cannot move and who is the woman with the very sharp knife at your throat. The answer is that I am your Goddess and your Goddess is not happy with you, not happy at all....'

"Well, since you have all night before and beneath my blade, I will tell you my tale....."

Radaroc
New Santharian

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2004, 01:52:22 PM »

It seems like a very interesting story and very plausible, except for the end.  (a la Survivor)  The final request would not automatically be allowed to take place, such as the dragon as a pet.  But who knows, if all the admins agree to it, it doesn't rule out the possibility.

"Ok!  Who's talking...what?  Oh, hello down there."

mystikskye lm
New Santharian

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2004, 04:44:22 AM »

oh, that sounds like fun, I just hope I can get my cd aproved for that.

"I tell you, I'm as old, if not older than any other in this pub." I said as I sat there, the lady before me looked down "Say what you want kid, your still not getting a pint of ale"

Alýr (Rayne)
Dreamress
Story Mod

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »

You have a good idea here, but you'll need more details before you can get started. Namely, these riddles, the places the groups will be going, and, of course, more on this lady. There is no way that she would be able to give anyone what their heart desired: not unless they were a god of some sort, which, as you may know, isn't permitted in the RPG. There also needs to be some incentive for her. Why should she want them to make this race?

The riddles you create should probably be kept secret for the sake of the RPG, butI understand if you can't maintain such. Still, it seems you have a lot to flesh out. When you have the RPG completely plotted out and ready to go, you can send an e-mail containing all this information to one of the admins and we'l discuss it, just so that your RPG's secrets remain secret.

Mortus Pryde
IRC Chatroom Op
Approved Character

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2004, 03:45:22 PM »

Just to expand on contacting the Admins, on the contact page, at the top of the board, there has also been added an e-mail address that all the Admin have access too specifically for things that are not targeted at any one admin. I try to check it every couple of days at least, and I understand Rayne checks it frequently too.

If you want to ask an admin some questions you can also find a great deal of contact information on that page. I would give you a link to the page but at the moment I am limited to lowband access at 28.8 and it just takes too long for pages to load as it is.

Admin Contact Info: Mortus Pryde/Terra Atremos

Santharia IRC Channel is open, come in, have fun, chat, get help and more.
Channel: #santharia
Server: irc.sorcery.net
Ports: 6669, 7000, 9000

Ayaelia
Approved Character

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2004, 08:25:22 AM »

This sounds like an intriguing story! It might be unfair if your character is one of the racers, though, because you know all of the answers. Still, I like the idea! :thumbup  

Carolyn Marleo
New Santharian

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2004, 09:52:22 AM »

:hammer Well, its been a while and I've been :idea . What if this lady, the one who is holding the race, is some what magical. You know like she has magical powers. Ne ways she gives them what they think is their hearts desire but its a mirrage. Like an example, theres this anime i've watched a while back called "Pet Shop of Horrors" (its creepy) but this pet shop owners has all these "mystical" pets. In one of the episodes a couple's daughter dies from addiction to some drug. They go to this pet shop to find something to keep them company and them owners show them their "hearts desire" and exact replica of their daughter. What they dont know is her apearance is not real it is infact a rabbit. He gives them guidelines on what to feed her, including "no sweets". Well being stupid idiots they feed her a cookie and she becomes addicted to them, "hint :nod  hint" she was addicted to drugs now to sugar...hehe ne ways she goes crazy(the litle girl) and kils her parents.

:eek WELL What i'm getting at is what if this lady who is I guess some what evil :devilish  want to antagonize the "winner" and give them something they think is real but is not. So the winner comes back to his/her team and shows them his prize and they cant see it or something. I dont know that thought sorta was just developing in the back of my head over the past two weeks.

:rolleyes  Not sure if I really like it but heck its better than my first one which is "impossible" because we cant play gods or goddess.

:lol Lol well I gotta go I gotta go run some errands i'll be back and i'll be on later tonight, cause I got no life :drool  and i gotta baby sit.
laters 0]  

Calanthe De Cadenet
New Santharian

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2004, 03:10:22 AM »

hmm, but this relies a lot on the honour system and rare is the roleplayer who loves his (or, incredible fact, her) hobby enough to deliberately join a game which he knows he's gonna be stiffed at the end of it.

"The rough paths of the world can be hard on a lady's skin and hair.  Why not treat yourself to the luxury of one of Mistress Parfum's high quality bars of soap?"

How Calanthe Got Here

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]