Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Story Idea  (Read 2361 times)
Celestial Delmar
New Santharian

« on: April 11, 2004, 04:27:22 AM »

The War of Daréal

South of the Chapel Fjord, there lays a kingdom known well as Daréal, ruled by a strong man, named Dréyan Daréal. As his father before him, he'd ruled with a strong hand, but when it came time to pass along his throne, he was given not one, but two sons of whom he would be forced to chose between. Not only two but twins. Nihem Daréal and Locké Daréal. Before the King's death and with much time of decision, Nihem, the 'older' of the twins was blessed with the title of 'King.' However, the kingdom itself was to be separated equally and the brother's could rule over it as one.

Over time though, Nihem, ignoring the protests of his brother, ruled the kingdom not as his father would have seen fit. So came the time for Locké to make a decision. He would challenge his brother for the seat of the throne, this of course, would end only in failure...

Locké gathered together the few followers he could muster, and formed a small army behind his brother's blind eyes, and attacked the kingdom of Daréal, in protest of his brother's 'evil' ways, but the small forces could not stand against the great rule and force that was Daréal, and fell in battle. Locké and his followers were thus banished from the kingdom across the Chapel Fjord and into the Vindel Moutains where Locké was to set up his own kingdom, or so it was rumored.

It is here where this story truly begins...

The characters that we're looking for, for this story, are as follows:

Magic Users (3-4)
Fighters (3-4)
Thieves (2-3)
Cleric (1)

Characters already involved:
Emalaya (Magic)
Celestial (Magic)
Ryu (Fighter)
Er (Thief)

Mod: Celestial Delmar
Co-Mod: Emalaya Lanthir

Because Emalaya is already involved modding other stories, her role is mainly as an influential character in this story, and she won't be in control with what happens. She's mostly my guide in all of this helping me to get the party where I'd like them to be.

The story itself will start off in the actual city of Daréal where I'm hoping the party itself will form and we can get the actual Story Line started.

If there's anything I've missed don't hesitate to let me know. Thanks. ^^

Memories of the past forgotten for it is in the future I have finally found my peace…

Luca the Thief
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2004, 11:08:22 AM »

So far you seem rather organized, always a plus. A few things though:

I'm a little unclear on what the actual story will be about. Is this them attacking Dareal again? Or him making his own kingdom? Maybe it's just me though :\

When you say kingdom, that sounds pretty major and so you might have to take things to dev board and actually make Dareal. Along the same lines, I assume you'll have a PC of Locke? And his technical title would be something like: secondary king, prince, rogue prince, or whatever. And I beleive such influential characters are not allowed (details found here)

Secondly, you'll have to e-mail some details to the admins sooner or later. Basically outlining where you plan to have the story go, how it'll be run, etc etc.

Otherwise, sounds very interesting :)  

"Life moves pretty fast. And if you don't stop and look around sometimes, you just might miss it."
-Ferris Bueller

Celestial Delmar
New Santharian

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2004, 01:10:22 PM »

Hrmm, very good points. I appreciate you taking the time to look over this for me.

I hadn't planned on having actual PCs of Locké or Nihem simply because yes they are very influential characters. But the story is surrounding these two characters mainly because of the conflict between them...Am I supposed to have an actual PC for him? More importantly will I need one? I just planned on making him an NPC.

Perhaps I used Kingdom too loosely? Basically all that Daréal includes is the city of Daréal and the area around it at the Fjord there. Would it be easier to make it just a city? Or perhaps to actually take it to Dev Board? What do you suggest?

The story itself will first take place in Nihem's city. I have special plans for the 'party' that this story will take. If I tell you where the actual story takes place, I'd be giving it away. But know that it will branch from both Locké making his own kingdom to the war that will break out between them both.

Thank you so much for bringing up those details. I appreciate it. Should you or anyone else see anything, let me know.

Thanks again! ^^

Memories of the past forgotten for it is in the future I have finally found my peace…

Edited by: Celestial Delmar at: 4/11/04 5:11
Emalaya
Peacemaker
Approved Character

Elf, Quaelhoirhim

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2004, 12:38:22 AM »

Okies...I will just put in my two cents worth after I helped her put this up ^^

Just in case everyone is worried about me being the co-mod...this is her story that I helped her set up thus she will be running it. I am just there for moral support basically. I am part of the story but for reasons for both of out characters...

This will not be part of my main concerns...*huggles all* I hope this goes through quickly ^^

"True peace of mind comes only when my heart and actions are aligned..." - Robert Newcomb

Radaroc
New Santharian

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2004, 02:17:22 AM »

To answer the thing about your story and plot, thats why you email it to the admins email account, that way we can ok it and help with any holes you might have and in general assist you.

"Ok!  Who's talking...what?  Oh, hello down there."

Mina
Ávash'deláey
Approved Character

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2004, 05:31:22 AM »

Uhm...I don't think Rad wanted you to mail me the entire first post of the thread.  You should be sending the details of your plot, I think.  

There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no death; there is the Force.

Kim Sandrage
New Santharian

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2004, 05:12:22 AM »

Seems a very intresting plot line :)  I believe Talinsha would be intrested maybe as a fighter?

Welcome to my world of shadows

Edited by: Kim Sandrage  at: 4/12/04 21:13
Celestial Delmar
New Santharian

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2004, 08:32:22 AM »

Sorry Mina!  

I sent you the wrong thing. Grah! I spent time writing out the plot of the story and sent to you the first post instead. I'll correct that mistake and send you the plot line. Thanks for the heads up.

@Kim

As soon as I get the plot line squared away to Miss Mina here, I'll be taking a look at Talinsha's Description. I'm guessing she's another character of yours? When I get things send up, I'll request you give me a link. Thanks for taking interest in our story! ^^

Radaroc
New Santharian

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2004, 08:38:22 AM »

*snicker*
"Miss"

Celestial Delmar
New Santharian

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2004, 08:45:22 AM »

Eep, is that bad? ::Hides.::  

Mina
Ávash'deláey
Approved Character

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2004, 08:49:22 AM »

That makes me sound like a teacher...
*shudders*

There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no death; there is the Force.

Luca the Thief
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2004, 09:54:22 AM »

Also makes you sound like a woman :lol

But now that I think of it, how long have you been with us on the boards, Celestial? Not this character, exactly, but you in general? Because I beleive there is some kind of rule about starting new stories..though if it's enforced I couldn't say...*looks around shamefully*

"Life moves pretty fast. And if you don't stop and look around sometimes, you just might miss it."
-Ferris Bueller

Ciara Telumendil
Evasive Marauder
Approved Character

Human, Avennorian

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2004, 10:10:22 AM »

Luca...I am going to he helping her modding so that shouldn't be a problem since I have been here like 8 months now ^^

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." - Gimli

Celestial Delmar
New Santharian

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2004, 10:21:22 AM »

Oh, a rule? My, I hadn't even known of such a rule existing. I've been on the boards about...ohh a month or so shorter than my dear friend Ciara here.

If there is a rule, then please, fill me in. I hadn't know there was one...::Embarrassed blush.::  

Radaroc
New Santharian

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2004, 01:17:22 PM »

Don't worry about it, just guarantee me that this story will not be abandoned by the mods, if its the players we can't help that.  But if there are any long absences that you know of, tell your co-mod and let them know what they whatever they need to continue the story in your absence.  We've had far to many RPGs where the  moderator/s dissappeared, or didn't have a plan to actually move the story along so it died.

PS: I know what I just wrote looks really serious and all that but I'm not angry with anyone aaaaaand ya its not a threat or anything. :biggrin  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]