Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: It's Grand I Tells Ya!  (Read 6653 times)
NecroMage
NecroMage
Approved Character

« on: January 15, 2005, 04:19:22 PM »

Hello! you may know me as NecroMage, that jerk who killed your family and kicked your dog. If you want vengeance, now's your chance! I'm working on a story where YOU can fight ME! or anyone else in the aforementioned story. But where is this story I'm working on? Right Here Buddy!

~The Grand Tournament~

City Based Story: Anyone can do what they want within the rules of the board. The Mods decide when the chapters change, which will change the situation instantly. No switching chapters just for space in THIS little baby. Chapters mean events. Big, Shiny Events.

Mods: Me and Bahran the Big shall run it.

Rules: Standard combat applies, but death or injury will have no actual effect on one's character in other stories. The reason being that the powerful Clerics can heal any wounds and bring back the dead, and at the end all of the fighters memories get suppressed and can only resurface when and if I do this again. Only one character per user, meaning I can't use Illix, for instance.

The Story: A powerful lord rules a secret island in the ocean, surrounded by fog and unknown to the rest of civilization. He has Clerics more advanced and more powerful than any others in Santharia, they can cure all wounds and resurrect the dead as true living beings. He and his people, however, are bored with their everyday humdrum life so he has his Clerics summon the most powerful fighters in the land for a grand tournament. They will be able to test thier skills against eachother in several rounds of combat, and the competition only ends when 1 of them is the only one left alive. Each round will be broken up into a set number of matches, tournament style. Between each round are rest periods where the fighters are free to wander through the town as long as they follow the town's laws. Of course, if the guards don't see you kill a fellow fighter than they will be powerless to stop you...

After someone dies the Clerics will revive them and they will be returned to the exact time and place from which they came, with their memory of the tournament suppressed, and nobody will has any recollection of anything that happened.

Also, each round has a different scenario. For instance, one fight could be in a vast desert arena and you have to find and kill your 3 enemies, while another round may be a fight in an small arena where you are only permitted to use a weapon that is randomly selected and given to you and your single foe, etc.

So, that's my sick and twisted idea. I hope you all like it and maybe join if you aren't strong enough to beat me. As if anyone WERE! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!:lol    :lol    :lol    

Soon my enemies will be consumed by flame...

Edited by: NecroMage at: 2/11/05 20:41

I am your ultimate destiny. Whether you choose to follow me and remain alive, or choose to defy me and become another soldier in my legion is your decision. Choose wisely.
Luca the Thief
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2005, 06:53:22 AM »

I'm not sure how this "city in the sky" idea is going to fly (no pun intended). Such a thing would almost certainly require some kind of backup on the main site?

Contact me: faye_004@yahoo.ca or all us admins: rpg@santharia.com

NecroMage
NecroMage
Approved Character

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2005, 11:20:22 AM »

I'm not exactly sure about the, "in the sky" part, but it's cut off from the rest of the world somehow. I will most likely change that part to something more sensical, like an Island always surrounded by fog that magically pushes boats around. Like Lemuria.

And that pun was intentional or you wouldn't have noticed it. If you did and didn't intend to make a pun, you'd have erased it. So there.

I am your ultimate destiny. Whether you choose to follow me and remain alive, or choose to defy me and become another soldier in my legion is your decision. Choose wisely.
Luca the Thief
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2005, 04:04:22 PM »

No, seriously, that pun was quite truly unintended. I was rereading my post and started giggling at my own subconcious wit.

I think the island idea may work, though wouldnt it just be easier if the tournament was held in an underground stadium or something and that the islad was just so random and nondescript that nobody paid much attention to it in the first place?

Or you could take the Scooby-Doo place and say that its haunted so that nobody except those rotten nosey kids came near!

I suggest that I should just shut up now. I concur.

NecroMage
NecroMage
Approved Character

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2005, 04:36:22 PM »

*If I went with the Scooby Doo Approach then this would be the final scene*

Fred: Well gang, we solved the mystery of the floating island in the sea that had an underground arena type structure!

Daphne: Yeah, this guy won't be killing anyone else the way he killed Velma and Shaggy.

Necro: I'd've gotten away with my plans, if it you for you interfering youths and your Drug-induced hallucination of a large talking canine!

Fred: Well, now you can go to Jail!

Necro: Sorry, but I choose Death. Namely yours.

*This is where a very long, violent and one-sided fight scene takes place, after which I flee covered in bits of thier torn apart and burned bodies, laughing maniacally*

THE END? *End Theme to Austin Powers 2*

So that is why I won't take the Scooby Doo approach, of saying the island is haunted. Because Scooby Doo would have to die. Unless Luca wants Scooby Doo to die. Do you want Scooby Doo to die Luca? I didn't think so.

Bahran the big
Mercenary
Approved Character

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2005, 03:35:22 PM »

I think our best bet would be some secret island ruled by an omnipotent power (who's only omnipotent on that island). And said island would be the home to many powerful mages and healers.

One day, the omnipotent ruler got bored of his peacuful little island so he had a great stadium built and sent summons to people all over the world to participate in a sporting event for his enjoyment.

"Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; The best of life is but intoxication."
- Lord Byron
Luca the Thief
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2005, 07:40:22 AM »

If this is going to be a continuous thread like the city games, maybe the Stadium should have an entry on the main site? Though, for now, I think the entry could come after for the sake of hurrying up the process...as for how we are going to make it all work, that might be up for discussion.

NecroMage
NecroMage
Approved Character

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2005, 09:23:22 AM »

Bah, I Love that Idea. I'll be stealing it now and claiming it as my own.

*Amnesia Dust*

Now you shall die in two weeks from talkalm powder poisoning. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Penrith the Crazed
New Santharian

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2005, 08:36:22 PM »

Heh, Bah said peacuful.

-Charles Bukowski

Bahran the big
Mercenary
Approved Character

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2005, 11:07:22 AM »

So, where are we on this little project?

As in: what is still needed for it to be set-up?

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?

"It’s better to die whimpering like a little girl than trying to be a hero."
-Anonymous

- Lord Byron
Isaraldor Glamthail
Mystic of the Wind
Approved Character

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2005, 07:21:22 AM »

i'll help with the stadium. i'm thinking that it can be changed to different arena types. to match different landscapes (ex. mountainous, forest, desert, plains, you name it and we have the place, or some varient of it. *spreads anti-amnesia dust over himself*

Can you withstand my eternal onslught of wind and water?

Ever meet the fury of the wind?
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2005, 08:59:22 AM »

Two aspects about the story i'm really concerned about:

1. A stadium in the sky??? I mean, we try to make exceptions and not too be too strict on conforming to uhm ... reality and all that, but it does have to be realistic to a point. Can you locate the stadium somewhere else? Like a secluded area somewhere, for example?

2. The part about Magi using powerful magic concerns me. Is there any other way to explain how players are healed? Maybe a powerful clerical circle of ... clerics? Certainly the reviving people from the dead part is going to be problematic. I'm sure you can find a way around it though ... just be creative :)  

NecroMage
NecroMage
Approved Character

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2005, 11:33:22 AM »

Um, I thought it was on an island, and I have a question.

Why Clerics and not mages? What's the difference between a Cleric and a healing Mage? I will NOT be Religiously Oppressed!!!

*Begins Picketing in Rage*

Bahran the big
Mercenary
Approved Character

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2005, 12:55:22 PM »

Yeah Necro, you just need to add what you/we are changing it to to the first post. You know, edit the first post and put that it's a normal island.

And accept the oppression, it's not escapable.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?

"It’s better to die whimpering like a little girl than trying to be a hero."
-Anonymous

- Lord Byron
Luca the Thief
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2005, 01:20:22 PM »

*Bops Khi*

Geez, way to read all the posts!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: