Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: It's Grand I Tells Ya!  (Read 6436 times)
Isaraldor Glamthail
Mystic of the Wind
Approved Character

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2005, 01:48:22 PM »

necro you want me to start making the stadium description? i have some good ideas you may like.

sig made by gararion

Can you withstand my eternal onslaught of wind and water?
Isaraldor Glamthail-Santharia

Ever meet the fury of the wind?
NecroMage
NecroMage
Approved Character

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2005, 02:45:22 PM »

Thanks Isa, I was already planning on something like shifting arenas but if you have some ideas in that noodle of yours then post 'em and I'll steal them and claim them as my own as soon as possible. Thanx!

Soon my enemies will be consumed by flame...

I am your ultimate destiny. Whether you choose to follow me and remain alive, or choose to defy me and become another soldier in my legion is your decision. Choose wisely.
Fox
Drifter
CD Mod

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2005, 06:41:22 PM »

*blinks, wondering about the mods*

Does this REALLY have to conform to base standards? Considering it.. uhm, doesn't conform to anything else? The way I see it, is this is some fun little OOC/IC kinda thing where it's basically Super Smash Bros., Santharia style. Whatever happens in THAT has no effect on anything else, and the fact that it doesn't follow the standards of the other games means nothing because it's the simple fun of various random characters fighting each other!

Why this isn't just going in the OOC forum, I don't know, but... whatever. No entry for the site, no, because this has no real effect, and would you really state in your bio that your character took part in this crazy ol' tournament thing? I don't think so. At least, if I attended it, I'd leave it out, because it's for FUN, not for actual RP that is a part of each characters' lives. :b

The whole idea behind this anyways wouldn't work at all anyways, no ifs or buts about it. No such place exists, no magi or clerics of that power exist, no person (except maybe of that awesome-ish power, which doesn't exist on Caelereth as stated) in their right mind would be doing such a thing. Except the gods, but they're already doing that, and Caelereth is the battle ground.

... but.. I digress. This is a non-serious kind of story and therefore shouldn't really worry too much about staying within the reality and confines of the world in which it 'takes place in'. It doesn't even have to take place in Santharia. It's just some of the characters people RP, going head to head, in a fun little SSB style tourny style thing.

Fun, not serious.

Which is why I won't be attending, but I figured I'd state my part. :b

Contact at dasson@santharia.com

"Americans, while occassionally willing to be serfs, have always been obstinate about peasantry." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

NecroMage
NecroMage
Approved Character

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2005, 02:34:22 AM »

I think Elf Boy here is too scared to join our little series of deathmatches, aren't you Dasson?

*Dasson Sock Puppet* Oh yes, I am truly afraid of you NecroMage as well as Bahran and Isa, so I must refuse to partake in this wicked cool totally awesome story that will surely go down in history as being super cool and I will say to my grandchildren "I could've been in it but instead I stayed in my safe little room crying at my own fear, now get my slippers or I will be sad and cry" and then my grandchildren will beat me and throw me into a ditch.

I am your ultimate destiny. Whether you choose to follow me and remain alive, or choose to defy me and become another soldier in my legion is your decision. Choose wisely.
Luca the Thief
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2005, 04:17:22 AM »

Necro...my poor poor insane son....

I can agree with Dasson that this is not a "serious" story and, if the other admins are not against the idea, I wouldnt be entirely against the concept of the "fight to the death" concept.

Though we have to be sure that all the fighting that goes on within the arena coincides with the already set rules of the forum, and that characters do not under any circumstances overplay their character beyond their set limits. This story must be modded maturely and responsibly for it to go through.

Contact me: faye_004@yahoo.ca or all us admins: rpg@santharia.com

Fox
Drifter
CD Mod

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2005, 04:32:22 AM »

I am afraid not of you, but of the simple fact that my primary combat character is a level 10 fire magi, and would dominate any and all opposition. I want to let the weaker characters have some fun in their pointless, otherwise non-serious combat.

Bahran the big
Mercenary
Approved Character

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2005, 08:14:22 AM »

I wrote the book "101 Ways to Kill a Level 10 Fire Magi With Nothing But a Straw, a Rubberband and a Piece of Clear Tape."

Unfortunately they have none of those thing's on Caelereth, so I'm screwed.

Well, it was more like a pamphlet.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?

"It’s better to die whimpering like a little girl than trying to be a hero."
-Anonymous

Edited by: Bahran the big at: 1/21/05 0:14

"Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; The best of life is but intoxication."
- Lord Byron
Illix
New Santharian

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2005, 10:12:22 AM »

Quote:
Necro...my poor poor insane son....

Luca, are you my genetic mother who unwittingly donated your DNA so that a shady council of mad scientists and Dark Magi could grow me in a test tube? That would make me so happy and then VERY ANGRY about the lack of birthday and christmas presents, leaving me the one option of stabbing you in your sleep.

And Dasson, I think you may want to listen to my friend's advice:

*Dasson Sock Puppet* Dasson, I think you may be suffering from what we psychiatrists call "cowardice". It is a condition where you revert to the mental state of an infant and curl into the fetal position while all the REAL characters are in the thread fighting amongst themselves for nothing more than bragging rights. I recomend that you either enter this compitition or go away and cry to yo momma.

Here I go, playing the Hero again...

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2005, 12:21:22 PM »

@Luca: Well, the first post is supposed to be updated with the latest changes and information! :p

That said, you should update your first post (which is considered the proposal proper) with all relevant changes, tweaks, edits pertaining to information about the story. It makes it easier on the Admins this way, and makes the approval process faster.

The reason why i mentioned clerics is because the "magic system" of clerics is currently less well-defined and outlined, and thus there is technically then more room for "creative allowance of normally impossible/outlandish stuff".

But yes, i do agree with Luca and Dasson on the premise of this particular "story", so, make the relevant changes/edits to your first post/proposal to reflect the most up-to-date status of how things stand right now, and start thinking about whipping up a short description for your story :)  

Ryldor Gadriel
Miscreant Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2005, 11:48:22 PM »

Don't let them do it!!!!

Can't you see why?

It is not enough to conquer; one must learn to seduce. ~ Voltaire

It is not enough to conquer; one must learn to seduce.  ~  Voltaire
Oh dearest Ryldor, dust thou know thy charm?; The clever smile soft upon thy face; Seem like a promise for to do no harm; Whilst I, enjoying thy tender grace; Should gaze in admiration at thy eyes; As azure as where highest heaven lay; Reflections of the clearest, truest skies; They seem to melt my very heart away!; And if thy lovely words were not as true; As thine eyes blue, still I'd believe thy claim; Of magedom. Magic turned a rosy hue; My cheeks. A spell thou cast upon this dame!; Thou art a most capricious scoundrel, yet; The sweetest gentlemen I've ever met.; ~ Rayne Avalotus
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2005, 07:32:22 AM »

Do enlighten us Ryl.

Ryldor Gadriel
Miscreant Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2005, 09:42:22 AM »

It should be perfectly obvious.  

It is not enough to conquer; one must learn to seduce. ~ Voltaire

It is not enough to conquer; one must learn to seduce.  ~  Voltaire
Oh dearest Ryldor, dust thou know thy charm?; The clever smile soft upon thy face; Seem like a promise for to do no harm; Whilst I, enjoying thy tender grace; Should gaze in admiration at thy eyes; As azure as where highest heaven lay; Reflections of the clearest, truest skies; They seem to melt my very heart away!; And if thy lovely words were not as true; As thine eyes blue, still I'd believe thy claim; Of magedom. Magic turned a rosy hue; My cheeks. A spell thou cast upon this dame!; Thou art a most capricious scoundrel, yet; The sweetest gentlemen I've ever met.; ~ Rayne Avalotus
Sarah Asherah
New Santharian

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2005, 11:17:22 AM »

Yes, please enlighten those of us that do not see the reason why we shouldn't allow those who want to take part in this little fight to the death take part. Say you have 20 people enter this fight, well reason says only 1 will leave so then there are 19 less people we have to deal with.

I have no trouble with my enemies. I can take care of my enemies in a fight. But my friends, my darn friends, they're the ones who keep me walking the floor at nights!

NecroMage
NecroMage
Approved Character

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2005, 11:44:22 AM »

Ryl: I demand that you tell us your reason for opposing my brilliance other than the fact that I will claim this world upon it's completion. Er, I mean...

*Stab Stab Stab*

Sarah: In case you are among those who don't read, at the end 20 people will walk away, but one will have OOC bragin' rights.

Sarah Asherah
New Santharian

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2005, 11:58:22 AM »

I know this Necro, I was talking in character as Sarah, guess I could have done a better job at it but anyway, um, so....so there! :p  

I have no trouble with my enemies. I can take care of my enemies in a fight. But my friends, my darn friends, they're the ones who keep me walking the floor at nights!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]

[April 10, 2018, 08:32:04 PM]

[March 09, 2018, 05:45:59 PM]