Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: It's Grand I Tells Ya!  (Read 6437 times)
Penrith the Crazed
New Santharian

« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2005, 10:07:22 AM »

Oh sure, after you get your say in you decide to support not talking about this subject anymore. Quite typical of male pirate bards that are against slavery if you ask me.

And while creativity is important, is realism not also. I submit that it is.

AND! On a side-note that makes this post applicable to this thread:
What is lacking on this story? What is needed to complete it? Would you like Necro to write you a love song? Or shall he just bribe you? Or will stabbing you suffice?

-Charles Bukowski

Captain Shaendru
New Santharian

« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2005, 10:32:22 AM »

HA! I was quite just kidding, but I like your style! Come join me on my ship, and we shall sail into the wild blue yonder!

The poorest smart people can be sold as slaves, but the stupidest rich people will buy them.

NecroMage
NecroMage
Approved Character

« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2005, 12:51:22 PM »

About Lords: Actually, Lord was a title used in feudalism and DID qualify as Noble. I'm sure that it was also used to describe the five equal titles, but I wanted to comment that it was it's own title at one point.

Namesharing: I'd be scared if people started calling themselves Shaendru as well. But there are only so many names to go around, and I myself thought my name up before I came here and I met a guy named Necro, and for MY name that's pretty much the same as having the same name.

I Have a Knife, I know how to use it!: Penrith is right, I need to know what is needed and such so that I can get this done and allow the fighting to commence. There's a WARG now! I want to fight a WARG!!!

Soon my enemies will be consumed by flame...

I am your ultimate destiny. Whether you choose to follow me and remain alive, or choose to defy me and become another soldier in my legion is your decision. Choose wisely.
Marvin Cerambit
Carvin' Marvin
Approved Character

Orc, Gob-Oc

« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2005, 04:07:22 PM »

Tsk, it's like you want to be ripped in to tiny pieces. :pet  

Marving Cerambit
Do not tease my Warg, because you are crunchy and tasteful.

Marvin Cerambit ~ Do not tease my Warg, because you are crunchy and tasteful

Need help with your new Character?
~> Click Here <~
Bahran the bear
New Santharian

« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2005, 09:06:22 PM »

Grr, Bahran rip tiny warg to pieces. Warg not do anything to Bahran. Bahran bash warg. Growl. Yes, Bahran say growl.

Talking bears, can't live with 'em, could do without 'em.

Marvin Cerambit
Carvin' Marvin
Approved Character

Orc, Gob-Oc

« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2005, 11:02:22 PM »

Bah, I'll rip your head off and feast on your remindings

Anyway, I was thinking about the tounament and I was wondering if there will be mixed battles between mages and warriors. It doest seem that much fun:

story A:
Warrior runs to mage. Mage blows warrior of his feet, stones him to death with rocks falling from the sky and toasts his dead corpse with a lightning bolt.

story B:
Warrior runs to mage. Mage is not so good and warrior reaches mage. Mage is turned into sushi in a matter of seconds.

I mean, if the warrior reaches the mage, there's no way he can be a better fighter. If he doesn't reach the mage, it's not much fun for the warrior, getting killed without even touching the enemy.

Marving Cerambit

~> Click Here <~
Mina
Ávash'deláey
Approved Character

« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2005, 02:09:22 AM »

I can think of a couple of ways for a mage to survive in melee combat with a fighter type.  Such as using telekinesis to get the warrior tangled up in her cloak.  Which is one reason why warriors probably should not wear cloaks in combat, and mages should.  Or you could leap out of the way, assissted by magic, of course.  Or throw a lightning bolt right into the warrior's face.  Just because magic is most useful at long range doesn't mean that it's useless in melee combat.  You just need to think of ways to avoid getting killed while you're throwing spells at your opponent.  

Or you could run away, though you probably won't win that way.  But your chances of getting turned into sushi won't be as high, which is always a good thing.  

Marvin Cerambit
Carvin' Marvin
Approved Character

Orc, Gob-Oc

« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2005, 02:21:22 AM »

True, but than your back at story A, warrior can't touch mage.

Marving Cerambit

~> Click Here <~
Mina
Ávash'deláey
Approved Character

« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2005, 02:42:22 AM »

Yup, but in this case the warrior has run to the mage, instead of being turned to ash while still on the way over.  Anyway, it sounds more even to me than story A.  The warrior at least has a chance to win, since none of those spells are of the instant-kill type, and the mage isn't getting cut into pieces right away.  

Marvin Cerambit
Carvin' Marvin
Approved Character

Orc, Gob-Oc

« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2005, 02:50:22 AM »

I know A & B are the two extremes. Just thought that they might consider that the fights might be unbalanced

Marving Cerambit

~> Click Here <~
Mina
Ávash'deláey
Approved Character

« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2005, 03:07:22 AM »

True, though I don't think you have to worry too much about that.  

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2005, 03:09:22 AM »

Luca wanted me to put in my 2 sans in on this "idea" yet I am so lost that I fear I cannot :/ Sheesh, you guys need to stop being so confusing :p  

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Luca the Thief
« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2005, 04:12:22 AM »

*Pat's Kali's cute little head*

In summary: New story. Big arena. People fight. People get hurt. People might die. Doesn't effect the happenings on the rest of the board/the character.

You're thoughts?

Contact me: faye_004@yahoo.ca or all us admins: rpg@santharia.com

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2005, 07:37:22 AM »

Well, as long as the characters sign an "agreement" to allow their character to take the damage and sometimes fail in the battle *which is always fun^^* to make it fair for the others, i see no overall problem

Yet when you have mages go against physical damage dealers, there may be a problem. I remeber Mina and I sparred our water and wind mages. It was fun but it was difficult because in aspects, certain elements can be more damage dealing in offense while others are more defense....thus a problem :/

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
NecroMage
NecroMage
Approved Character

« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2005, 01:54:22 PM »

Wow. Activity. I'm truly amazed.

Story A and B: Firstly, in a tournament with Warriors and Mages that only has 1 winner, it is impossible to avoid at least 1 Warrior/ Mage battle. Secondly, I have already solved this.

In the Description it says that each round has different scenarios. This means that Stories A and B should end up NEVER happeneing. For instance, here are two NEW stories.

Story C: Two Mages and Two Warriors are fighting. The Warriors can either fight eachother, or charge the Mages, or one charges a Mage, and the other expected to fight the other leaving him open for a Mage to fire a Lightning bolt or what have you. Conversely, the Mages could Magercise eachother leaviing the Warrios free to fight eachother or come over and stab the Mages, or One of many other outcomes Blah Blah Blah.

Story D: A match between a Necromancer and a Warg. Necromancer blows up Warg with the power of his thoughts because the Warg questioned his brilliance.

Kali's tiny mind: Well Kali, basically we have so many people (Or beasties) summoned to a mysterious island where they engage in battles to the death, then upon thier defeat (aka thier death) they are revived and thier memeries are repressed. They are then returned from whence they came and nothing is affected. Lalala.

Soon my enemies will be consumed by flame...

I am your ultimate destiny. Whether you choose to follow me and remain alive, or choose to defy me and become another soldier in my legion is your decision. Choose wisely.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]

[April 10, 2018, 08:32:04 PM]

[March 09, 2018, 05:45:59 PM]