Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: It's Grand I Tells Ya!  (Read 6438 times)
Sarah Asherah
New Santharian

« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2005, 01:33:22 PM »

If it is okay with you I would like to have Sarah enter into this fight but with one difference.  I would like Sarah to die and never come back, leaving her wolf familiar to wonder alone in the world of Santharia.  If this is not possible maybe have Sarah get lost after one of her battles or something.  The reason I want to do this is because I created Sarah as a tribute to a friend that had passed on and I think soon it will be time for Sarah to pass on as well.

I have no trouble with my enemies. I can take care of my enemies in a fight. But my friends, my darn friends, they're the ones who keep me walking the floor at nights!

Illix
New Santharian

« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2005, 03:07:22 PM »

Well, I suppose it *could* work, but I don't think this is a good place to end her life. The reason being that in the "Outside World" your wolf may notice that it's master simply vanished, and there would be no reason for her to die if she lost because she would be healed and returned without any memory of the event. Though, you could enter the wolf if you don't want to play Sarah anymore, and have her die in a regular RP story.

Honestly, the one place everyone would love to play but rarely ever get to is the character dying in a heroic blaze o' glory, and you have that option.t I just don't think that this story can accomidate your suicidal tendancy towards your Character. Sorry.

Here I go, playing the Hero again...

Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #77 on: February 02, 2005, 05:10:22 AM »

@Necromage
Before one lets his Character Die in the tournement he might want some fame (fame is obtained by killing one of the other RP-ers) Nobody wants to die wich leads to an ongoing circle because nobody wants to quit the fun(For as long as battle is fun).

And point2. How do you deal with godlike characters? Some people simple want to win(honour). They will keep fighting because they think their character is simply stronger then their opponents (I know when i enter as the Predator a dark assassin can easily slaughter a 1-sworded Necromancer(even if he channels his power trough his sword and heatens it)) How or you going to eridicate that problem Necro?...
(this was just a example tough- i am sportive in these fights)

however except for the above points mentioned i really like the idea; I can't wait to play the >massacre<....

I think you can solve it by giving the set certain rules and a voting(just a cool idea wich might be usefull);

How abaut when nobody wants to die...a final HIT that will cause one of them to die if the battle keeps going on and on... Input a voting for the members; open it for 7 days or so and the one with the most votes is the Winner and may post his final atack...
2.Not only atacks and blocks should be posted but also small story's surrounding them(toughts,genial tactics to use etc. to keep everything interesting... wich is obvious ofcourse it's a story play and it's not mainly abaut the fight) It's most likely that the one who writes the best story stuff wins. when the poll is operated.

However NecroMage if you truly believe players will simply surrender(by posting their deaths) when you just provoked him in-game( You could have called him a coward etc.).....That won't work i think( Some people like to post their deaths because it's spectaculair) But i think most prefer to kill instead of be killed.

An important fueture the game needs to have is:
When ressurected they can easily rejoin the battle (not nesserily the same scenario) to fight once again...

And my idea for the background story: A guild of weavers. They are able to open up Void rifts to extract the most powerfull fighters and mages towards their realm where they operate the tournement; It makes more sense that way.
Locations of battle can be everywhere over Santharia because they can open up their void-portals everywhere.

Good that was my share of ideas and comments...

Luca the Thief
« Reply #78 on: February 02, 2005, 11:22:22 AM »

Darien, just to cover something in your post (sorry Necro, but this ain't the Ask Necro thread so I can answer all the damn-diddly question I want to!).

The rules of play-by-post battles are posted clearly on the site, and I would recommend Necro or Bah copying and pasting them into the story itself. The mods, of any story for that matter, are purely responsible for keeping any "godding" or illogical playing out of the story. It'll be Necro and Bah's job to warn and/or delete any unfair play.

Contact me: faye_004@yahoo.ca or all us admins: rpg@santharia.com

NecroMage
NecroMage
Approved Character

« Reply #79 on: February 02, 2005, 11:24:22 AM »

Hmm... I like some of these ideas... Only one thing to do now...

LASER SATTELITE, AMNESIA ATTACK!

VASCHOOM!!!!!

Now I can take what I wish, and Nobody can stop me! A-hahahahaha!

Soon my enemies will be consumed by flame...

I am your ultimate destiny. Whether you choose to follow me and remain alive, or choose to defy me and become another soldier in my legion is your decision. Choose wisely.
Bahran the bear
New Santharian

« Reply #80 on: February 02, 2005, 11:43:22 AM »

Grr, they are gonna have to acknowledge up front that they have no problem with their character dying, getting maimed, etc, etc.

Bahran thinks that solves that.

Bahran has spoken, growl.

Unknown
New Santharian

« Reply #81 on: June 14, 2005, 10:31:22 AM »

(This post is missing and can not be restored)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]

[April 10, 2018, 08:32:04 PM]

[March 09, 2018, 05:45:59 PM]