Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I may as well just shoot myself in the foot, but here goes  (Read 4643 times)
NecroMage
NecroMage
Approved Character

« on: April 01, 2005, 12:53:22 PM »

I don't know why.

Seriously, I don't know why.

But for

SOME
UNKNOWN
GODFORSAKEN
REASON
FROM
HELL

I still want to try and get a forum for my Battle Royale story.

Of course, I think I may be able to pull it off this time. Why, you may be asking? I'll tell you why. THIS Time I'll put in words a chimp could understand, rather than think that the people who set up forums are at a Human level of reading. All I ask for my time is a forum. THAT'S IT. I NEVER even intended for this to be a story, because if anyone had the brainpower to READ through my whole proposal last time, NOTHING IS AFFECTED ANYWAY, YOU STUPID STUPID PEOPLE WHO CAN'T READ WELL ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND SEVERAL PERFECTLY FINE REASONS FOR RESSURECTION!!! However, I'm making one last ditch effort at this, so here goes.

Far off in the ocean, a small island sits, undiscovered by the rest of the world. On this island resides a small, nearly perfect society, devoid of crime, hunger, homelessness, and greed. The people of this Island owe their Utopian existance to the Zaphiroth, a group of Mages with Magics Far more powerful than any others found in the World. They have the power to control time and space, suppress memories, even ressurect the dead.

However, the people of this kingdom still yearn for one thing- entertainment. They seek something that will excite and entertain them, they seek-- Conflict.

It was this that lead the ruler of this civilization, The great King Methodus, to gather his Zaphiroth. He told them all of his idea, and they agreed wholeheartedly. They Each then Set off to do the King's bidding.

The King's idea was to hold a Grand Tournament, a series of battles where warriors would test their strength, wits, and willpower against eachother in a series of matches. These matches would take place inside of a Massive Arena shaped by the Zaphiroth. This arena would provide the perfect battle grounds as the Zaphiroth could alter the arena's grounds to suit the needs of any type of combat they wished.

As for the warriors, They would be a hand picked selection from each of the Zaphiroth. The Zaphiroth would use their awesome magics to see into the outside world, and summon any combatant they wished to the island. Of course, the outside world would be frozen in a single moment in time, the moment that the combatants were teleported away from. The combatants would be returned to that exact moment once the tournament was done with all of their memories of the island suppressed, in order to insure that the island was never spoiled by outsiders knowing of it's existance.

The tournament will be set up as follows:

Each Round would consist of several matches.

The matches in each round will have different situations, so The fighters must also deal with the environment as well as their opponent.

The number of fighters in each match and the number of rounds and the number of matches per round will all depend on the number of people who join the story.

There may only be one character per person entering, meaning I can't enter Both NecroMage and Illix

There may only be one Fighter per character, meaning I could use Masta OR Xirix, but not both.

The basic set up of a match goes as follows:

All the fighters will enter the arena, and be informed of the conditions they will be fighting in.

They will then make preparations (i.e. decise whether or not to bring in ALL of their weapons, choose a weapon given to them under the circumstances et cetera)

They Fight

All participants must use proper combat manners, meaning no godmoding, and you have to be willing to take a hit, or even lose if the other person has you beat.

If you die, you lose the match and will be instantly teleported from the arena and revived by the Zaphiroth who summoned you.

If you surrender, your fate is in the crowd's hand. This means that, based on how well you did in previous rounds, the crowd may decide you deserve to get a second chance in the tournament and move you on. This process is basically a vote amongst the other participants in an OOC thread on whether or not they think you've done well in the tourney so far. Also, reasons must be given as to why they voted, so that means no voting you out just to kill off competition.

If you are eliminated from the tournament you should still remain in the thread, as the losers may find several opportunities to get back into the competition, in order to fill out the numbers of each round, so you should always try to learn as much about your enemies as possible.

Eventually however, the tournament will end, and we will all be returned to our time of exit with suppressed memories of the island, meaning we will bear no knowledge of that place. Unless of course, we should ever return...

Well, that was the story part. I'll do the forum and mod info and such once THIS gets the Okay. Oh, and by the way, for all you sub-primates out there, The ressurection is because They are REALLY POWERFUL. Got It? Good.

Soon my enemies will be consumed by flame...

I am your ultimate destiny. Whether you choose to follow me and remain alive, or choose to defy me and become another soldier in my legion is your decision. Choose wisely.
Atsuin
New Santharian

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 01:15:22 PM »

methinks tis a good idea

Koobi Assadah
New Santharian

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2005, 01:29:22 PM »

....  wow...   *Scratches back of head*

..  never knew you were that... passionate.

Good luck!  :\

Bahran the big
Mercenary
Approved Character

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2005, 06:03:22 PM »

I wonder when Necro will realize that you're not supposed to insult the people you're trying to get something from.

Yes Almighty Bahran, that is a good question.

Thank you.

No, thank you.

No, I insist.

Ok.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?

"It’s better to die whimpering like a little girl than trying to be a hero."
-Anonymous

"Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; The best of life is but intoxication."
- Lord Byron
Artimidor Federkiel
Admin

Homepage
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2005, 06:24:22 PM »

One last time: The Santharian RPG Message Board is maintained by volunteers and by someone who pays the bills in the background so that you don't have to. And the intention is to allow people to play in Santharia according to the RPG rules we've defined here on the board and according to the developed world which exists on the main site. If you want to make something completely different, NecroMage, and show no intention to accept any compromises I assume you don't make the admins nor the webmaster happy and you generate basically only problems, which might have a tiring effect to most people here, I'd say.

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

Edited by: Artimidor Federkiel at: 4/1/05 10:27

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...
NecroMage
NecroMage
Approved Character

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2005, 03:05:22 PM »

Fine. I Give up my idea, I'm sure that the fact a LOAD of people WANTED it to happen showed that they were VERY tired of me trying to get it running. They'll be very happy to work in a cramped, unworkable OOC thread, 'cause I don't want to comprimide the whole point of my idea. I'll be sure to tell everyone that my problem generating has ceased, and they just need to forget about that wonderful Idea they all said I had. Heck, if it was supported by a large number of the players but it didn't follow one or two rules, than the burocracy should win. Why should the rules be bent for something that would have no effect on anything? To PLEASE People? The very idea must SICKEN the admins and Mods, I know that I'D refuse to hear logic out if I had the power to approve something like this, that people wanted to happen.

You guys keep this up and You could all get nice government jobs, that where you get the real red tape.

*calmly aims a gun and fires at his foot*

Ah, that's a lot less painful than dealing with this crap again. G'night, and may you all burn in Janaak, you Beurocrats you.

I am your ultimate destiny. Whether you choose to follow me and remain alive, or choose to defy me and become another soldier in my legion is your decision. Choose wisely.
Marvin Cerambit
Carvin' Marvin
Approved Character

Orc, Gob-Oc

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2005, 06:49:22 PM »

Quote:
Heck, if it was supported by a large number of the players but it didn't follow one or two rules, than the burocracy should win.

It's not because I support the idea I want the rules to be broken for it.

Marving Cerambit
Do not tease my Warg, because you are crunchy and tasteful.

Marvin Cerambit ~ Do not tease my Warg, because you are crunchy and tasteful

Need help with your new Character?
~> Click Here <~
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2005, 08:12:22 AM »

Rules are rules. Keep it on the lines of our world and how our world works, and you are fine, but going against the grain in this instance isn't always the best idea.

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Isaraldor Glamthail
Mystic of the Wind
Approved Character

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2005, 11:03:22 AM »

actually the mages that necro speak of could be weavers using the combinging of wills. maybe it could be set inside the void with the weavers watching over them. i know that the weavers and the void are just legends but maybe just for the colleseum.

sig made by gararion

Can you withstand my eternal onslaught of wind and water?
Isaraldor Glamthail-Santharia

Ever meet the fury of the wind?
Atsuin
New Santharian

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2005, 11:12:22 AM »

hey, that's why i made your 'arena' necro. because the mods here wont make it. you should've been thankful.

Some say the world will end in fire. Some say in ice. They're all wrong, The Lord All Mighty will end it.

NecroMage
NecroMage
Approved Character

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2005, 05:45:22 PM »

Okay, look. As far as I gather the only real problem Anyone had last time was that I couldn't ressurect people from the dead. As far as I see, I've ALREADY (are you following so far?) EXPLAINED (Still with me?) THAT (Everyone got it?) PART (now you understand).

Now, I don't get why what I've tried to get approved hasn't been when as far as I can tell, I already fixed things that caused problems. Here's an example. With PUPPETS!

:devilish  So, that's my idea, any problems?

:drool  Duh, yeah, you can't ressurect the dead. Only really strong Mages can do that.

:devilish  Oh, well I already said that these Mages were more powerful than normal ones

:drool  But, duh, you can only ressurect someone about two times a day.

:devilish  There's only one match a day or so, so there would only be 3 people dead, tops, to go between like thirty mages.

:drool  But, duh, you can't ressurect the dead

:devilish  ... Um, I already explained that.

:drool  You should make it near death

:devilish  But, the whole point is I could do that in a story, and I WANT to fight to the death. If I did that then there's no point.

:drool  Duh, you can't ressurect the dead.

And so now you see why I feel like a character in Dilbert being told something by the Pointy Haired Boss.

What REALLY amuses me is that people have suggested It could work if I exchange Mages for something else like Clerics or Weavers. The reasoning is clearly beyond my comprehension, since the reason I could get this approved is because they are either not even near being completed or might not even exist. THAT will sure fix these logic problems. Replace a logical solution with something totally illogical.

Actually, spelling it out like that just made it crystal clear, so here's my new idea:

An island in a sea of ice cream is actually a whale, that eats the fighters so they have to fight eachother all at once but they all use god powers and their weapons are a random peice of fruit, because Sarda the sage said that the pandas danced last tuesday, so the dead people are revived.

Yep, THAT makes MUCH more sense than logic.

Also, I'm sick off people saying about how I should be nicer to the mods and such, because I was nice for long enough and I hit this brick wall where nobody will even provide a REASON for as to why I can't get this approved other than

:drool  Duh, work in teh rules

WHAT FRIGGING RULE AM I BREAKING? TELL ME!!! And it better not be that super powerful mages can't revive dead people, because Ximixian mages can do it. I am sick of hearing that told to me over and over again, because it makes no bloody sense.

Atsuin
New Santharian

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2005, 11:48:22 PM »

i think i see what the mod's dont like. if they can revive the dead, why not just go to the mainland and go round healing all the dead? also, where would this island be?

Some say the world will end in fire. Some say in ice. They're all wrong, The Lord All Mighty will end it.

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2005, 09:41:22 AM »

No weavers please. And what is wrong with taking NO for an answer? Oh, i know... ><. How many times do we have to tell you??????? Just give it a rest Necro and maybe things might go your way more often  

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
NecroMage
NecroMage
Approved Character

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2005, 11:46:22 AM »

I'd just like to say I'm sorry. I'm not really all that sorry, but I'm apoligising anyway, because I've been a jerk lately. I know you are all real people, and I may have caused some hurt feelings. I also  know that you all know I'm not sorry, so that's why I openly said that at the beginning. It's just frustrating that I've been stuck at this point for over a month and nobody is even trying to comprimise with me. I've made many comprimises to this story already, but now people are just telling me to change the whole freaking point. And I've offered my attempts at a comprimise, I've offered reasoning and perfectly acceptable explanations, but nobody is willing to give me an inch.

So, again, I'm sorry. Can someone please tell me what I need to change here instead of telling me not to insult people anymore. It's not like that has affected this story at all, since it took me a month of wasted time before I did that. It'll probably take another month before I get my answer at this rate...

Atsuin
New Santharian

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2005, 01:09:22 PM »

WRONG!!! shorter than a month. other than the fact of reviving teh dead, i think it's fine. mabye the warriors can fight with stuffed giraffe necks, or inflatable bananas. if not that, then don't make it a killing thing, more like maiming.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]

[April 10, 2018, 08:32:04 PM]

[March 09, 2018, 05:45:59 PM]