Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I may as well just shoot myself in the foot, but here goes  (Read 4485 times)
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2005, 02:02:22 PM »

What about it is not "dueling to the death" but as soon as one is unable to continue the fight, they are considered out? That way this whole resurrecting thing can be avoided? Then you can have low level mages available to help care and cure for the wounded.

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Bahran the big
Mercenary
Approved Character

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2005, 05:33:22 PM »

Ok... that's the whole point people, he's not giving up the death. You all need to move on. Get a hobby. Take up fly fishing. Learn to fix toasters. Spary rubbing alcohol in your eyes. Learn ball room dancing. ANYTHING BUT POST ALTERNATIVES TO NECRO'S IDEA. He doesn't want to hear it.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?

"It’s better to die whimpering like a little girl than trying to be a hero."
-Anonymous

"Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; The best of life is but intoxication."
- Lord Byron
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2005, 09:54:22 PM »

I was not going to post this, but considering that Necro made an apology, i'll repeat myself, as has been done before:

I echo Arti, Luca and Kalina's posts.

Also, as has been previously posted, why resurrection is not allowed:

Quote:
Regarding your first point, i believe i've made this suggestion before. Let your fighters fight to near-death (the gasping-a-last-breath type of near-death if you want). Then when someone is on the brink of death, halt the combat, and let your clerics do the healing. I (and the rest of the Admins) really do not want to set a precedence of resurrection and all that stuff, regardless of whether it's a mystical faraway island or not.

Again, why resurrection is not allowed: If allowed, it would set a precedence allowing an aspect of the world that is not yet fully developed, bringing with it tons of ambigousness about its limitations = more trouble than it is worth.

That's the final word on it.  

NecroMage
NecroMage
Approved Character

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2005, 12:26:22 PM »

I have a question.

How is allowing Mages more powerful than any other that will ever exist the abiltiy to ressurect people going to set a standard for ressurection?

Also, if someone can't use anything that isn't wholly developed, how can people use magic? All I read in the CDs nowadays is "well, magic isn't wholly done yet so..."

I mean, if the people who RP here want to use something that isn't completely done, shouldn't there be some way that WE the people could help create it by using it in stories? We ARE the ones who need to live with these rules, so why can't we use these unfinished things in RPs to further their development? Sort of like "Feild testing"?

But, I Digress. I am ASTONISHED at the fact that, despite me saying it OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND... (counts Fingers) OVER again, only Bahran the Big actually listened. I commend him for reading my words before stopping my progress, unlike the majority of you.

Now, If the ressurection being unfinished is the problem, Is there ANY way at all I can help speed it up? ANY POSSIBLE WAY AT ALL? Because apparently, everything I've been told about it has been improvised. I mean, Elderly Ximaxian Mages can use it, Demi God Mages can't. That only means that there's NO progress in the subject, or you are all trying to stop me from getting this up and running. I hope it's the prior, for your sakes.

Soon my enemies will be consumed by flame...

I am your ultimate destiny. Whether you choose to follow me and remain alive, or choose to defy me and become another soldier in my legion is your decision. Choose wisely.
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2005, 01:36:22 PM »

With the rescurrection thing

Think about it Necro, everything we do in life, everything that happens to us has an impact on who we are. When one dies in this world and goes to the underworld, they see things they should have never seen and know things they should never know. They will not return as the same person with the knowledge or the sights they had just beheld. A moment after dying it like an eternity in itself in the Underworld. Complete and utter torment. You are "resurrecting" someone who has been there and seen all they had. What they would be resurrected as is unknown. Unpredictable. A monster, a creature of undeniable power that could bring death to the entire world. WHO KNOWS! It is dabbling with a power no mortal should ever dare to grasp.

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
NecroMage
NecroMage
Approved Character

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2005, 01:02:22 AM »

Then how can high level Ximaxian Mages use it as I was told? Hmm.

Ooh, pwned logically. Try explaining this NOW you people.

I am your ultimate destiny. Whether you choose to follow me and remain alive, or choose to defy me and become another soldier in my legion is your decision. Choose wisely.
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2005, 01:12:22 AM »

I didn't say they couldn't perform the spell, I just explained the consequences of performing the spell. Just because they can use it doesn't mean anything. Yes theycan do it but that does not eliminate the disaterous outcome. It is not a spell a mage would do willingly, for they would know the unpredictable chance that they would be putting their own lives and the lives of countless others at risk. Yes, a HIGH level mage and conduct this spell but that does not get rid of the consequences of the soul being brought back from the Underworld.

Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
NecroMage
NecroMage
Approved Character

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2005, 11:15:22 AM »

What about these two suggestions:

1.The mages erase any memories from that experience so that the victims know nothing about it.

2. Right before anyone dies the mages somehow trap their mind and keep it alive while the body is healed

?

Bahran the big
Mercenary
Approved Character

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2005, 11:22:22 AM »

Isn't option #2 conceding defeat Necro?

But, anyway, what do you mean "trap their mind"?

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?

"It’s better to die whimpering like a little girl than trying to be a hero."
-Anonymous

"Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; The best of life is but intoxication."
- Lord Byron
NecroMage
NecroMage
Approved Character

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2005, 01:46:22 PM »

Sorry, I'll reword that.

WITH PUPPETS!

:devilish  I cast BOLT 3!!!

:|  (Oh no, I can't dodge!) *dies*

:devilish  I WIN!!!

Now, right between where Doug Dies and the casting of Bolt 3, the Mages focus on Doug's mind and hold it in the exact moment of time before he died. They do this just until his body is revived and then they release the spell, so technically Doug never dies, he just loses his body's functionality while his Brain is in stasis.

And it's not declaring defeat because I won't be pulling people out when I think they *might* die. That would just be done automatically, having been explained early in the story. If that method is what I end up using. Which it almost certainly won't be. I can hear the problems now, they approach accompanied by Birds and deer and other woodland creatures. Let us dance upon their arrival and bow before their wisdom.

Marvin Cerambit
Carvin' Marvin
Approved Character

Orc, Gob-Oc

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2005, 04:43:22 PM »

How about letting everything take place in a dream? You go to sleep one day and dream about a tournament. If you get killed you wake up and you remember nothing. No resurrections needed.

Marving Cerambit
Do not tease my Warg, because you are crunchy and tasteful.

Marvin Cerambit ~ Do not tease my Warg, because you are crunchy and tasteful

Need help with your new Character?
~> Click Here <~
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2005, 09:26:22 PM »

OR! Like I mentioned before, this is one where no one gets killed. You just fight until one is no longer phsyically able to fight. Simple as that....

Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2005, 12:18:22 AM »

But.... when the victim's body-parts are chopped of, They' become heavily burned, Stabbed-in the heart. Get their skull bashed into a bloody pulp or anything else like those kind of accidents.... Can they be healed then?--- Even when they are on the edge of death? -EXPLAIN MODS-

And necro you could establish a rule...
-The player has to give some kind of (OOC) sign to get pulled out of the story... (So your cleric people thingy's can fix them up) :\  This is the only way then, (And possibly the best one,  This way it get's trough the approval....

Atsuin
New Santharian

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2005, 04:31:22 AM »

Hey, why dont we make it OOC?!?!?!?!?!? God darnit, even if it's not real, at least we wont have to worry about resurection!

Some say the world will end in fire. Some say in ice. They're all wrong, The Lord All Mighty will end it.

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2005, 06:17:22 AM »

They can be healed by high level clerics. Doesn't matter what it cut off or what has happened. They can be healed in some form or another...

NO RESURRECTING PERIOD!

Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]

[April 10, 2018, 08:32:04 PM]