Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I may as well just shoot myself in the foot, but here goes  (Read 4654 times)
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2005, 01:20:22 AM »

okay....hm. I wonder if there might be away to tie this story in with the city. Catch up with me Darien! We need to talk ;)  

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Luca the Thief
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2005, 07:06:22 AM »

Just a suggestion if you tie it into the Voldar city game:

applicants actually play out the story introduction in Voldar, and are lead through various alleys and hallways, past big guards and old hags and eventually are told to go to the other forum? It might be a bit time consuming, but it really would help the thing come to life.

Contact me: faye_004@yahoo.ca or all us admins: rpg@santharia.com

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2005, 07:27:22 AM »

I know it would :p  Hence why I suggested it :lol  

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2005, 08:44:22 AM »

I was planning on doing it differently. A couple of people join my story aye? I will immidiatly toss them into seperate threats.

-All people will start INSIDE the city where a short (not-to-time-consuming) story will play... I will have seperate ways of introduction...

1: People have heard of the phenomenon and try to find it for their own entertainment. (AKA the watchers spectators, Those who do not nessacarily want to fight will join here, However you can place bets and stuff like that, This is for if you would like to be in the story but not really want to fight. (you can rise up as a volunteer tough and participate the battle). -The meeting point at the start of the game is yet undifined tough-

2.Then there are those of you who have heard rumors and were indeed interrested to join and match your strenghts with others. These people have high self-confidences and propably underestimating the opposition. They will meet in the dark alleys at a inn that leans trough an underground passage straight towards the tournament.

3.And there will also be people who where captured and taken into slavery to participate against their wills. -I am also unsure how they will start inside the game-

The scenery for the entire story will be in and around the tournaments location (including the dark alleys and such) I : the mod will guide the characters trough the story in possibly the first chapters (i will be there the entire story but i intend to give some more freedom too).And  I only plan on taking it place at nights.

The story will propably continue when the tournament is done. Not the entire story is suppoced to be kill kill kill, If there are 2 in the arena duking it out then the story will continue for the other peoples elsewhere. They could be in the crowds placing bets, Cheering with the crowd or involve himself in the different houses( these houses will be explained later) Anyways you will all have to wait for my oncoming entry. I will ask one of you mods in chat to get approval for some things, however i will explain my entire scheme once i have written the story-entry.

:thumbup  

Edited by: Darien Gulath at: 4/10/05 0:48
Luca the Thief
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2005, 02:37:22 PM »

The slavery angle is a bit of a slippery slope. Actual "slavery" (as in: you-are-my-slave-lump-it-or-leave-it-minus-the-leaving slavery) doesn't exist on the free continent of Sarvonia. You might be able to get away with twisting it around. You might be able to get away with poorly-backed loans (Vinny'll break your legs, style) and things like that. You tango with the wrong people, and they'll drag you to a new kind of dance floor :biggrin

The other two look fine. How do you propose the "popularity" of this arena. If that many rumors are floating around, it wont be so secret for long and the fuzz would realistically come down on it. So, I think a bit of back story might do good. Who's started it? Who funds it? Things like that. Nothing too extensive is needed, but small details to work with. :)  

Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2005, 07:25:22 PM »

ahum working on that, Relax. I've got it all figured out. And that types of slavery is not what i mean, In comes more closer towards the gangsterstyle yes. And it will be a secret ILLIGAL tournament of which not many people know about.

*eagerly starts to work on it, again*

Edited by: Darien Gulath at: 4/10/05 11:26
Atsuin
New Santharian

« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2005, 12:03:22 AM »

say, if we wanted to die, we could right?

Atsuin Yohilipon

Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2005, 12:32:22 AM »

yes. In this story you can die but ressurection will not be possible....

If people loze the battle here they can survive by doing the following things;

-Drop unconcious/ Beaten to half-death/ He or she can have his body parts chopped off slowly bleeding to death. As long as they are not entirely dead they will be ressurected by the clerics. Just give the mod an OOC message, And the fight will be stopped marking the victim as lozer. He will then be fully healed so he can proceed the story.

-The victor can have pity on you and spare you. (if he does not then the mod will make sure that you will not die and pull you out of the ring when you are about to die) Once again a OOC message from the victim is needed.

-Sometimes somebody is to badly wounded (whe're talking about skull-crushers and cutting somebody in half kind of wounds) Then he might die an a OOC message should be given.

-I have an entirely different system planned then the "eliminate opposition to get in round 2" thing. It  has simularities but is created to give people who lose more chanses to fight.

-Those who are sportive and let their chars die; Can easily earn more favour with the mod. Those who tend to godmode will have a faster chance to be eliminated from the contest.

----
anyways you will all read it soon enough. I am far from finished and i have to create lots of factors...

The tournament will stay the center of the story and needs a lot of details and things worked out. I have multiple questions for the mods and can't wait to show them what i've got allready. I need permission for some things. For example to use a "Lord", Necromancers, a demon and Volkek-Oshra. And some things more. I kinda need one of you mods to be on chat(Kalina?).

Luca the Thief
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2005, 12:10:22 PM »

On that topic of death, a quick note. Since it will be taking place in a Santharian city, the death rule still applies.

Character dies. Character stays dead. I'm not entirely sure how it works if the character is currently running in other stories, so that'll have to be cleared up ASAP.

Those other things dont seem to be a problem. Will they be PC's or NPC's? Same rules apply for all story PC's, balancing and that lot, with a few tiny exceptions that wouldn't otherwise be allowed (Severine's talking sword, Shan's weaver past). The only problem might *drumroll please* be the demon. Current board-wide restrictions are being thought out. What did you have in mind for it? Or, if you wish to divulge later, we can wait.

Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2005, 01:21:22 AM »

I have seen demons be used in story's before. And i just needed one for the finale. But it kinda has to evolve ( i can deal with this on a later point; because it is not that important because whe are a looooong way from the finale).

And for death: Nobody Has to die if they don't want to. However if somebody do wants to end the long career of somebody's RP-char then i will allow it.

And for the question NPC's and PC. I dont know what the difference is so i kinda assume that you mean if they are player controlled chars or Non-play-controlled-chars (that is what it means right?) Anyways they will both be available. And i would even give creative people the option to create their own opponent if they wish so. (They will need the story-mods approval to add him/her ofcourse).

Anyways i wanto speak with one of you on IRC so that i can ask a few questions and receive permission on some minor things.  

Luca the Thief
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2005, 12:16:22 PM »

NPC is a non playable character which is a character run by the mod and the mod only (and a few regular players with explicit permission). PC's require new accounts and complete CD's, but they tend to be more effective in roleplaying. For some reason, it always feels different RPing with a NPC than a PC.

We're on IRC whenever we get around to it, so it's up to your own luck to catch one of us on when we're online. You can always just e-mail the admins.

Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2005, 11:35:22 PM »

a will e-mail the entire plot as soon as possible. (The players cant read my plots yet)

Anyways i think that there will have to be 3 or 4 Pc's in the story, But it can wait until the story is set up. (they could be Npc's but now you mention it,.... It would be cooler if it where actual Pc's) So... you will read my proposal fast enough anyways.  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]

[April 10, 2018, 08:32:04 PM]

[March 09, 2018, 05:45:59 PM]