Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I am back with 2 things...  (Read 948 times)
Atsuin
New Santharian

« on: June 14, 2005, 02:35:22 PM »

I am back with 2 things! 1: A suggestion, and 2: :|

Here's the suggestion:

Why don't we rate RPG's? This way, we can put practically anything we want in an RPG, and just slap a rated X on it if needed. This doesnt' mean make all of the RPG's super violent and perverted. You gotta remember the likkle one's to! ;)

As for 2!...

:|

I don't feel very good.

:(  

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 12:43:22 AM »

Regarding your suggestion to rate RPGs:

Sure, that is doable. However, whether it is practical and adds to the board's RPG(ing) quality and experience is very questionable.

Like it or not, this is a public board, and we would really like for it to be opened to as wide an audience as possible. The majority (or at least a big chunk) of our members are of the younger age set. We could slap on R or X ratings on certain RPG games/stories, but there is really no viable way of enforcing restricted membership and participation to these games and stories. We would be relying on the goodwill and honesty of members to stick to their age restrictions and stay away from games/stories deemed "not suitable" for them. Now when has forms of prohibition like that ever worked in the real world? ;)  Those not supposed to participate in, say, R-rated stories would still find a way around it, and there is really no way for us to verify their age etc except to take them at their word.

In general, such a system really doesn't do much to enhance the RPG experience here at the board, and would really be more trouble than it is worth. My humble opinion, anyway.  

Isaraldor Glamthail
Mystic of the Wind
Approved Character

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005, 02:32:22 AM »

Agreed, and besides, a lot of the ratings they give to movies and video games really confuse me. I mean come on give super smash bros. melee a teen rating but give the 1st super smash bros. a rating of everyone? they are messed up, not to say that santharia may or may not turn out to be the same. But the point is that having this may cuase some conflict on the boards, which we want to avoid.

sig made by gararion

Can you withstand my eternal onslaught of wind and water?
Isaraldor Glamthail-Santharia

Ever meet the fury of the wind?
Luca the Thief
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2005, 10:17:22 AM »

Besides Ats...if I'm not mistaken, you would not be permitted under those "restrictions" to play in said games. You're too young, yet.

Contact me: faye_004@yahoo.ca or all us admins: rpg@santharia.com

Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Mini-mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2005, 05:10:22 PM »

Agree with Khiera, this is intended as a family board, and when I think about the discussions about if a woman may be too naked for the liking of some visitors - I think violence harms much more than  nudeness and IF something should be restricted - it should be that.
And yes, it doesn't add to the RPG-experience only Santharia can offer.

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Marvin Cerambit
Carvin' Marvin
Approved Character

Orc, Gob-Oc

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2005, 05:35:22 AM »

I never liked ratings. And it's not like they're followed by anyone (at least in Belgium).

And how 'unsuited for children' something is mostly depend on the descriptions and details that are used and how exactly everything is described it. Just think of how many people have murders in there history.

Marvin Cerambit ~ Do not tease my Warg, because you are crunchy and tasteful

Need help with your new Character?
~> Click Here <~
Luca the Thief
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2005, 09:26:22 AM »

Well, we do deal with awfully nasty things on Santharia just because that's just how things turn out. If you look at the basic history of a character, you're usually guaranteed a death or two, usually a loved one, if not the whole family and the dog, and the occasional case of rape. Of course, most of these dont have minute details and I'm completely sated with that. In those cases, all I really need to know is what happened and why. The more...er...'inappropriate' things become, the less "how" becomes an issue.

And if a post is made that makes an admin, mod or player uncomfortable, it is the responsibility of the mod and admin to deal with it appropriately and discretionally. And yes...that's a word now if it wasn't before.

Contact me: faye_004@yahoo.ca or all us admins: rpg@santharia.com

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[November 10, 2020, 12:24:32 PM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]