Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The War of The Blood  (Read 3206 times)
Bahran the big
Mercenary
Approved Character

« on: November 24, 2005, 04:53:22 PM »

[Postponed until further notice, so that the applicants have time to create Character De*****ions. It is requested that you wait to post your CD's until the story reopens at an undisclosed date in the future, but continue to write and work on them nonetheless.]

The War o’ The Blood, yo!

The History

First off, I strongly suggest that you read the history of the War of the Blood, which can be found on the main site (The War of the Blood).

A basic sum up of the War will be available below:

Battle of Annihilation at the Zeiphyrian Forests (806 b.S.) – The human forces (consisting of most of the human tribes and the dwarves) assault the Elven fortress of Elving, south of the Zeiphyrian Forests. After several months of fighting, Elving was destroyed and most of the Zeiphyrian Forests as well as the Auturian Woods were burnt.

The First Great Flood (804  b.S.)
– Due to the deforestation by the humans in an attempt to reach Elving faster, most of the Zeiphyrian Forests were completely cleared. Heavy rains came and the Thaevelvil River was flooded. The rain continued for three weeks, and the flood took a further two to subside. The flood swept away everything in its path.

The Curse of Fire (800 b.S.)
– The elven prince Tacunija was murdered by Helcrani rogues. As he died, Tacunija cursed his killers and their people always to fight among each other and to be rewarded for the crime by fire. This was the Curse of Fire, sealed by three explosions erupting from the Hèckra. The elves attacked the Helcrani in retaliation and the Helcrani retreated to the dwarves in the Eastern Fores Mountains. The dwarves accepted them because of their hatred for the elves.

The Second Great Flood (796 b.S.)
- The second flood occurred in much the same way as the first, but affected a slightly lesser area. It cleared the last remaining fragments of forest around the river banks, cleaving the Quallian from the main branch of the forest.

Ambush at the Xythrian Ridge (789 b.S.) – Diraton, the captain of the cavalry of a small division belonging to the human tribe of the Centoraurians, is captured. He knows the location of a large human force, and the elves try to get the information from him. He pretends to lead them to the army, but instead sacrifices himself by running off a cliff, taking many unsuspecting elves with him. The place of this incidence was later on called the Elvenfall.

The Siege and the Fall of Ximax (777-773 b.S.) – The dark elves from the Shivering Woods lay siege to the peninsula where Ximax is, an important location for the humans. The siege lasted four years, as the peninsula is surrounded by the massive Zirkumire Mountains and can only be reached through a small passage which was easily defended by the human army of magicians residing at the peninsula near Ximax. As the food rations finally started running low, the Ximaxian army was forced to leave the defending towers more often than at the beginning of the siege. The human army was caught in a trap by the elven mages and was nearly completely destroyed. They surrendered to the dark elves and the battle was over. The dark elves, as a first act of revenge for their fallen, burned the sacred houses of the Mages' Academy.

Helcrani join Human Armies (772 b.S.) – The first Helcrani joined the human armies as mercenaries, not only being distinguished but also acquiring valuable military experience. This was the dawn of the notorious Helcrani fighting technique.

The High War (751 b.S.) – Curogane, leader of the Helcrani forces, launched a surprise attack against the Goltherlon forest. The attack was successful at the beginning and many elves were taken prisoners. A small child got away and informed the Goltherhim sovereign. The Goltherhim ambushed the human army, but the humans escaped.

The elves were encouraged by their victory and attacked Helcrah. Curogane took a small force and attacked the elves. The Helcrani managed to win the battle due to Gunold, who happened to be nearby with his Centoraurian troops.

That’s basically where the story stops, so if you want to know the rest go read it yourself.

The Idea

So, the story is divided into THREE epochs. These “epochs” as we call them, will be major battles of the War of the Blood (this will make sense if you read the history of the war.)

Epoch 1: Battle of Annihilation at the Zeiphyrian Forests (806 b.S.)

Human side: Assault the fortress of Elving

Elf side: Defend the fortress of Elving

This is where the human forces assault Elving. There is no real victor of this battle, so it will be pretty open-ended for us to interpret.

The Battle of Annihilation will be split up into several parts (sagas, chapters, whathaveyou.) The battle lasts several months.

Epoch 2: The Siege and the Fall of Ximax (777-773 b.S.)

Human: Defend Ximax

Elf: Assault Ximax

The Siege of Ximax is where the dark elves siege Ximax. The humans hold Ximax for 4 years before they finally lose to the elves.

This one will also be several chapters, because the Siege is 4 years.

Epoch 3: The High War (751 b.S.)

Human: Assault Goltherlon forest; survive retaliation; defend Helcrah

Elf: Resist attacks; retaliate; assault Helcrah

This is broken into two parts: the part where Curogane launches his attack, and the part where the Goltherhim retaliate.

This battle will last several months, like the first one, and be broken into various sagas or chapters.

Other Stuff

Co-mod – my assistant moderator will be Necro the Mage (a.k.a. NecroMage).

Starting Players – from another topic asking who would be interested in this story, it would appear that several people were interested, let us hope that stays this way.

Tense – Everyone will speak in past, third-person tense (No “I” or “me” or anything of the sort, period. With the exception of dialogue, in which case it’s allowed.).

New Characters -- for this story everyone will have to make a new character, because the events were set quite a while ago and all of the current characters that people are making are set in the present -- thus at this point all the people involved in the story would be long dead (it was over 2000 years ago, after all).

_______
Ok, comment away.
_______

Be advised this is a very rough draft and has not been reviewed by the co-mod, so anything could possibly be changed at any moment without advanced or prior notification.

Edited by: Bahran the big at: 1/3/06 8:37

"Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; The best of life is but intoxication."
- Lord Byron
Takashi Logan
New Santharian

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 06:14:22 AM »

It looks good (too bad my siege of ximax idea didnt get off the ground...) There might be some sort of difficulty, but I'm not, nor have ever been an admin, so I cant say.

In death there is life, I bring death, to those who are deserving of it...

Marvin Cerambit
Carvin' Marvin
Approved Character

Orc, Gob-Oc

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005, 08:56:22 AM »

Well, like said before, I hope by the time it get's approved I'll have the time to write up a char and join :)  

Marvin Cerambit ~ Do not tease my Warg, because you are crunchy and tasteful

Need help with your new Character?
~> Click Here <~
Mina
Ávash'deláey
Approved Character

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2005, 04:59:22 AM »

The Ximax entry has some additional entry on the fall of Ximax too, by the way.  

I might join that part of the story, if I have time.  I really want to play a game set in Ximax, and the Ximax RPG is still a thing of the distant future.  Only thing is, I don't really like large scale battles, or stories focused on battles, but we'll see.  

Luca the Thief
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2005, 08:42:22 AM »

Okay, I think this looks pretty good. I think the main issue right now is finding out how much interest is really out there for this story.

Other admins, your thoughts?

Contact me: faye_004@yahoo.ca or all us admins: rpg@santharia.com

Saur Whisperwolf
New Santharian

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2005, 02:07:22 PM »

Well, I'm no Admin, but theres at least some interest here. Particularly so due to the fact that my usual char is closely tied in with the Kyranians, and therefore, the Helcrani.

The quiet cat also drinks milk.

Lesalendral
Approved Character

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2005, 04:57:22 AM »

I'm no admin either, but I think this is really cool.:clap  

Darkness is not the opposite of light, but the absence of it.

Ishmaelion
Ishmaelion the Philosopher
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2005, 05:32:22 AM »

Great Idea:thumbup :thumbup  Sounds great! I might just create a new character if this story is aproved, my current PHILOSOPHER won't have much place there I guess:crazy  

Ishmaelion

Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2005, 10:04:22 PM »

if bahran makes me a char i might join :p  , i would've preffered the third sarvonian war tough...  

Death:
A punishment to some, to some a gift, and to many a favor.  
    --Seneca

Erián'melór
The Shadow of Death
Approved Character

Elf, Injerín

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2005, 03:36:22 PM »

I'm still interested in this story.;)   However, I do have a question for the admins. Would I be allowed to play a voidwalker from the Goltherrhim tribe? In my opinion, the only trouble I'd have with creating such a character would be balancing him, and I believe that I am experienced enough to do so. By the way, I'm interested in creating an acolyte and not a full fledged voidwalker.

Roads go ever ever on,
Over rock and under tree,
By caves where never sun has shone,
By streams that never find the sea.

J.R.R. Tolkien - "The Hobbit"

Edited by: Erian Melor at: 12/26/05 7:38
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2005, 01:32:22 AM »

Quote:
Essentially, Voidwalkers exist with one foot in the material world and one foot in the realm of Queprur, the Netherworlds. They dwell, in effect, almost entirely in the Ethereal Void. This allows them to cheat death, and life, as it were.

That is what bothers me...that they are essentially on in the Ethereal Void...non-corporeal in essence.

In my mind...I do not see how it can be balanced. They basically dwell with the goddess and ya

....um....><  

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Luca the Thief
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2005, 08:32:22 AM »

Quote:
and ya....um....><
Well put Kali :lol  

Contact me: faye_004@yahoo.ca or all us admins: rpg@santharia.com

Erián'melór
The Shadow of Death
Approved Character

Elf, Injerín

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2005, 06:05:22 PM »

Yeah, you're right in that I'd never be able to balance him. I just reread the part on Acolytes that mentions their swords. To say the least, they're badass and would give me quite an advantage over any foe. I guess its back to the drawing board.:x

*sighs*

Roads go ever ever on,
Over rock and under tree,
By caves where never sun has shone,
By streams that never find the sea.

J.R.R. Tolkien - "The Hobbit"

kelsadin
New Santharian

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2005, 09:59:22 AM »

I would be interested in participating in this story - a human in the third epoch most likely.

Kels Adin

Grunok the Exile
Seeker
Approved Character

Male Losh-Oc Orc

Homepage
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2005, 11:49:22 AM »

Yes, I would still like to play in this story if/when it starts.  I already have a character formenting (new word: forming + fermenting) in my little green brain...  On the human side - I'm not a big fan of elves.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[November 10, 2020, 12:24:32 PM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]