Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Tournament- Guild Wars - ACCEPTING MEMBERS!  (Read 8076 times)
Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« on: May 03, 2005, 07:20:22 AM »

The Tournament – Guild wars

Basic story overview:
I will explain the course of the story in some rough lines and will not tell much about the secrets and surprises I have in store for you. (you will have to see and find out once you are in the story; already discussed (and still discuss) important issues for my story with the admin’s…)

The tournament is a secret event organised in Voldar by secret guilds who will challenge each other for the simple reasons: entertainment, Tradition and honour. But these rich nobles and guild-masters are to lazy to fight for themselves so they have recruited, trained, hired, created and even kidnapped the best fighters in the district to duke it out for them. If they want to or not; They will fight!…. The different guilds/houses consist out of a team of necromancers, Rich nobles, A clan of Volkek-Oshra, elfes and some more… All having their own unique fighters. Every force represents a element; However some wind-mage’s may end up in the helcrani-house(The house of earth) and visa versa. It depends on the players because they will be divided among the houses.

The rules of the tournament are simple and enables the players to play the finale even if they have lost every round they played. The only way to win is when the guild/house performs well enough in the overall score, And even then it will mostly depend on me the mod of what it is that happens. Different rounds different challenges. Team versus team combat will be integrated too and I also promise a spectacular finale.

Joining:
There are a couple of things that need to be mentioned about the joining.
-Just like in any story the players will join and stay towards the end. There are main-characters needed but there will also be Cameo-appearances.
-Violence plays a important role in the game. But do not expect it to be a mindless slaughter-vest. Mostly there will only be a small number of joiners duking it out while to others are spectating, placing bets or undergo torture and other exciting things during imprisonment by the tournament-organisers.
-I’ve made the tournament accessible for 2 groups of players. –The ones who fight for certain and The ones who only spectate and place bets (Even tough this passive group may volunteer to join later on too if they wish so).
-And if you join you’d better know the rules because I’M strict!!! Which is needed very much because I expect some foolish violations in Player vs. Player combat, Also don’t expect to win everything because I will tell you in advance that godmoding and power-play will not be tolerated. Not by me nor by your fellow players!!! You will fight realistic and every char has an even chance of defeating or losing from the other. You can be a huge 2ped man with brute strength but you might be felled by a quick agile brownie. (who for example stabs a knife in your throat) >It’s mostly a matter of luck, and strange turn of events<

Rules:

A guide for RP-ing

Especially read the part about player-versus-player combat for those who don’t understand the system of battle fully.
The ten commandments
The most important rules that are carefully monitored by me are the following:
1. Thou shalt not decide thy neighbour’s actions, or his wife's actions, or his ox's actions....
2. Thou shalt not play God
3. Thou shalt add details to your writing to keep it from being boring.

The Strengths and weaknesses play a major role in the battle-field and you will stay true towards your In-Character!!!

And to prevent battles from becoming boring you will add details, things the character observes; his and his enemy’s emotions, Explain your move precisely and STAY detailed all-by all. WHE NEED TO DO THIS IN ORDER FOR THE BATTLE’S TO WORK!!!
If you can’t do this then you may not join. It’s as simple as that.

I hope I’ve explained myself in the rules section well-enough and everyone knows where he will get himself into. If people create issues; start arguing, Suddenly disappear, Godmoding or determine the actions of someone else they can end up having their post deleted, edited or receive a warning. When you play; I expect everyone to understand the rules fully!!!

Death:
Many questions will be asked about this so I’ll answer them in advance; Read here for the DEATH-issue:
Nobody will have to die. And I don’t intend them to!
When they fail in the tournament they will be “pulled out” by the mod whenever they state it in a OOC message, Which they will do when they are; UNABLE TO FIGHT ANYMORE DURING THAT ROUND (Beaten to the final remains of energy, Unconscious, Lethally damaged etc. etc.) .

The mod (me) is always neutral and will decide for on-going fighters who both do not wish to lose (there is no choice in it! You will lose anyways sooner or later). Now if one does decide to die then his character is simply officially death and the same rule as in all the other story’s is applied (But you can only do this to yourself).

Healing for the wounded
After every round there will be some powerful clerics fixing up any wounded players. Those with battle wounds (like sword cuts, Penetrations, Heavy bloodloss, Broken bones and heavy burns) will be in tip top shape for the next round.
Healing for the lethal damaged
Those with a limb cut of or a heavy skull crack, or any other heavy damage will be allowed to get fixed up but the certain limb/organ will never work again the way it used to be. I will write up a list wich will contain side-affects that might affect the CD for rest of his live. So be careful when you post such actions!
Examples are a partially numb arm, brain damage ( slow memory) or other minor setbacks, When the player posts his defeat with a lethal damaged body then the mod will choose to what extend it is fixed up.

Important Note:

The story contains many strong individuals, lords, Healers, necromancers, Strong fighters and even some very neat surprises. Btw. When the tournament is finished don’t expect it to be the end of the story. There’ll be a second stage just as interesting (if is not even MORE interesting :p    ). And everybody can expect to have a moment of fame… I’ve pushed the admins towards their boundaries for all of you guys to have a neat story! Thank the admins for the approval and being so loosely with this.

CURRENT MEMBERS:
RazorClaw BlackCrawl
NecroMage
The Predator (me)
Festrath Blackmoor
Ratdragon
Athamas (If isa gets it done)---?
Selcar Galanodel

(I'l be accepting some more members ~about 3 or 4~ before whe start and set the game up.) But you'l still be able to join later on when the game is off the ground... if you wish to.

Edited by: Darien Gulath at: 5/30/05 15:58
Marvin Cerambit
Carvin' Marvin
Approved Character

Orc, Gob-Oc

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 07:39:22 AM »

necromancers, Rich nobles, A clan of Volkek-Oshra, elfes and some more
Volkek-Oshra will be unlikely. They are civilized orcs and I doubt there will be many living outside Ximax. Maybe a clan of half-orcs, who have trained mages? And elves is a little vague I think.

And is interaction from the public allowed? Throwing things, using magic... If not, how is this countered? Penalty points? Guards in the stands?

To bad I don't really have a char to join this. Ork's a fighter, but I believe he would be a little to brute. Being cut in half doesn't heal that well :p

*tries to imagine a 15 nailsbreadth brownie stabbing a 2 ped man in the throat*

Marvin Cerambit ~ Do not tease my Warg, because you are crunchy and tasteful

Need help with your new Character?
~> Click Here <~
Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 08:17:22 AM »

Who says that the Volkek-Oshra in my story aren't civilized? And they are in Voldar, Where they've made a huge journey from Ximax especially for this event.
And note that; This is only the rules section. I have every little detail worked out allready, I know how to handle the story and how to make it happen. E-mails have allready been sent towards the administration. I have discussed with them, And discussed even some more. And i got o.k. on most things i've got.
Now if i would explain every little detail that is a part of the story i might as well type the whole thing here...

Luca the Thief
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005, 08:22:22 AM »

Your writeup seems to be in agreement to our discussion, as far as I can see, so kudos. I guess we just sit back and wait to see the reaction of players.

Considering the size of this story, how many players (starting, at least) do you forsee? Keep in mind the population of active players on this board, the in/out flow and the general interest in the story.

Also, a bit of an admin-y question, would this be under the "DM Games" or just the regular stream?

Contact me: faye_004@yahoo.ca or all us admins: rpg@santharia.com

Marvin Cerambit
Carvin' Marvin
Approved Character

Orc, Gob-Oc

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2005, 04:38:22 PM »

No need to be mad. Just some throughs ;)  

~> Click Here <~
Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2005, 11:24:22 PM »

:explode  (*head explodes from anger*) :p  

RazorClaw BlackCrawl
New Santharian

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2005, 04:25:22 AM »

I love the tournament idea. I have a character that I can spare to put in it. this one is working on exile, and would probably be too brute, like ork.

How do you sign a char. up?

Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2005, 04:49:22 AM »

Darién would be a brute fighter too then. He would instantly stab his opponent in the brain, killing him at the scene......

Warriors like Ork and Razorclaw can join. There will be opponents who will match their strenghts.... In fact these type of warmachine's is exactly what whe need in the story.  

Marvin Cerambit
Carvin' Marvin
Approved Character

Orc, Gob-Oc

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2005, 04:54:22 AM »

The problem with Ork is he's would cut through nearly all defences. It's dodge or die. Even Razorclaw probably couldn't block him. Imagine a massive orc waving a massive axe at full strenght.

~> Click Here <~
Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2005, 05:35:22 AM »

LUCA:
Quote:
Considering the size of this story, how many players (starting, at least) do you forsee? Keep in mind the population of active players on this board, the in/out flow and the general interest in the story.

ANSWER:

10 or more players. 5 will start in each chapter (it starts with 2 topics in the beginning of the story). Cameo appearance's can be limitless. But i need players who intend to stay towards the end.

And it will be a regular story with tendencies towards DM.
------
And Ork, why would you make such a character. And how could it have been approved? If you say your Ork is so strong that it will instantly kill his opponents( or inflict brute damage) or will get killed  in combat.... Isn't that godmoding? aka; I want to kill you otherwise i wont play. / I had my character a great deal more powerfull when i first started here, But i knew the character-mods wouldn't get you approved if you wheren't balanced enough...Anyways you can join as Ork, maybe you'l become 1st ranked. The people you fight will be deciding their own damage but HAVE the obligation to stay true to realism and their IC. So i guess Ork's weak points would be opponents with agility? Darién could beat Ork but that was if he managed to dodge every blow by the ravaging ork.
My point is: You are approved and balanced, you have weaknesses and strenghts. There will be players who can defeat you and there are player that will be defeated by you.

Edited by: Darien Gulath at: 5/3/05 21:39
Takashi Logan
New Santharian

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2005, 07:59:22 AM »

this would be something that I could picture Takashi in, perhaps, another "cleaning of the slate"?

In death there is life, I bring death, to those who are deseving of it...

Luca the Thief
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2005, 09:49:22 AM »

Actually, as I reread this, I think the limited healing should be stressed. I foresee people complaining about the weakness and what it does to their character. IMHO, I would phrase it as a kind of "Join at your own risk, namely, that of your character". If you don't want to be crippled indefinately, make a new character. :biggrin  

Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2005, 11:56:22 PM »

@Luca:

I have to say Luca that....

I agree on your point but on the other hand also disagree.

Explanation:

1. I want everybody to join and nobody has to worry about death or Heavy injury BECAUSE it depends on the players own posting style. When a huge ork swings his giant axe at the player, He might do 2 posts...
A: I managed to dodge but the axe flew to fast slaying my open towards ribs spraying blood all over my opponent. The cut was deep but not lethal. I dropped on the floor unable to move from the many bloodloss. ( The player hereby gives the ooc sign to get pulled out of the ring) He will be fixed up that night and be as good as new.
B: I did NOT manage to dodge fast enough and the axe ripped trough my body destroying my breastbone and slicing the upperbone in my arm in 2. I could feel the live squeezing out of me in that same second. Blood filled the floor and i dropped down falling with my nose in to the red puddle. My arm rolled away from me. defeated. ( This is the lethal damage kind. The player gave permission this way for my to put his arm back on it's place but give him the "Setback").

Conclusion: players who really don't want to be lethally damaged wich will affect their player later on; CAN join.
But players who have created CD's especially for this event to give one of their players a popular Death/defeat are encouraged to join! I know that i'l be making some chars who will end in here...  

ratdragon
New Santharian

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2005, 09:05:22 AM »

Yes, this is definitely something I'd like to join. any idea of when it'll be up and running? I've still got to leave the herald, but Viresse hasn't posted for some while. So I may be stuck there for a bit, but when I get out, I'll gladly join your tournament!

------------------
Beware the BladeSinger of the Silver Sword.

Ratdragon

Luca the Thief
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2005, 10:05:22 AM »

Hmm....alright. I see your point. But I think you'll want to keep a very close eye on how that is handled. When is the line crossed from 'avoiding lethal damage' to 'godmodding'?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]

[April 10, 2018, 08:32:04 PM]