Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Tournament- Guild Wars - ACCEPTING MEMBERS!  (Read 7931 times)
Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2005, 11:53:22 PM »

I don’t blame somebody for avoiding lethal damage, it after-all is hazardous for the character. Instead they should post normal damage.
I will make short list of what divines “lethal damage” and “normal damage”.  
I don’t think I want to get my Darién crippled for the rest of his live so he will get NO lethal damage (tough I had intended it for him when I started on this) But with this new system the admins suggested and I agreed on, there can be no such thing as “lethal damage” for important characters. So it takes away some of the fun.

I tried to think up  another system to replace “the lethally damaged” type but I haven’t found one yet. I am open for suggestions because having “crippled players” after a good fight doesn’t work. ( I rather wanned the defeated to have some kind of reward instead of a negative buff, but what can I say,… I am already demanding to much in my story so I am forced to balance it out…, that’s why there is lethal damage in the first place…)  

Question to admins: Isn’t there another way to balance this thing out? I’l be waiting for you on IRC… :p

Selcar Galanodel
New Santharian

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2005, 07:31:22 AM »

I like the idea. Would it be possible for a mage to enter?

Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2005, 07:35:22 AM »

ofcourse. you are encouraged to bring mage's. And other special fighters. The stronger the better. You will be facing some powerfull opponents in there ( not only players....!)

Isaraldor Glamthail
Mystic of the Wind
Approved Character

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2005, 07:43:22 AM »

i think i'll bring athamas in. she'll pick people off from a distance, and if they start getting close switch to the scourge, then the sword, then jump away and repeat! :D  

sig made by gararion

Can you withstand my eternal onslaught of wind and water?
Isaraldor Glamthail-Santharia

Ever meet the fury of the wind?
Selcar Galanodel
New Santharian

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2005, 07:44:22 AM »

excellent. Will we be doing group team battles? and just wondering, are you still working on the guild of villains thing?

Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2005, 08:01:22 AM »

yes- the guild of villains is still being worked on.

And I will throw a couple of PC's in who will enhance the combat experience. Group battles YES! And oh soooo much more... The story isn't so basic as you may expect it to be. There'l be lots of variátion etc. etc.

Anyways luca, Khiera.... if it gets the approval this far (since there aren't many people who seem to have problems with it) then it means there would be only one SECRET-THING-WICH-I-AM-NOT-TELLING-THE-PLAYERS :p  where i need approval for.... Have you discussed with Talia yet? ;)  

RazorClaw BlackCrawl
New Santharian

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2005, 08:05:22 AM »

I'm interested to see what the tournament will feature. It seems intriguing.Will there be diff. battlefields? with special traps or something? These group battles sound fun.

RazorClaw BlackCrawl

Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2005, 08:13:22 AM »

nope, there will only be one battlefield. But it will be a place where MUCH will happen. It's basicly the center of the story...

-The organisers play a important and very interresting role.
-The point-system is unique; and cool.
-Anything can happen, spectators are able to interact, Throw stuff and join up, place bets.
-My idea's of opponents, story-twists and original feature's are countless.
-Yet it depends on wat the players will do of what will happen next. And my finale will also be.... very interresting.

RazorClaw BlackCrawl
New Santharian

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2005, 08:21:22 AM »

Nice, So who are the point organisers? People in the crowd can join  in the fighting? When it is finished, How do you sign up, or how would I make it so that I know there is a tournament going on or something?

RazorClaw BlackCrawl

Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2005, 08:31:22 AM »

i will take care of that, my dear. I am the mod and will make it happen.

And i explained it allready in the first post.

It depends on the people IC if they'l join or not.

RazorClaw BlackCrawl
New Santharian

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2005, 08:35:22 AM »

Thanks. and please don't call me dear, I am a male, and it sounds creepy for a guy to call another guy dear....

Anyway, I will like to join this. I'll keep checking to see when it's up and ready. These group battles, they will have up to five people to a team, or is that just an example?

RazorClaw BlackCrawl

Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2005, 09:08:22 PM »

All i can tell you is that the rounds will be different.
The first round will be 1 vs 1 combat.
The second round will be groups vs groups combat. Don't know yet how many. 3 against 3 sounds decent (if i would do 5 against 5 then think about the chaos. One player might have to dodge 5 atacks at the same time... there will be a max. of 3 vs 3. And maybe some Npc's/Pc's who join but lower the chaos that might occur (to make the groupwars bigger).  

festrath Blackmoor
New Santharian

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2005, 10:18:22 PM »

I can see myself entering in this. is there room for a pirate to join?

Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2005, 10:29:22 PM »

ya i'l be accepting new members once the story is fully approved. And don't fear because there will only be a minimum to enter. The more the better!  

Luca the Thief
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2005, 03:58:22 AM »

I don't know where Khi has gone, but I've been busy doing real life things these past few days. I'll bring it up with her next time I catch her online to get the final decision on it, and if not by tomorrow afternoon, I'll post a topic in the Admin Forum (it's so much easier to discuss live, you know?).

Looking good so far. I am a bit concerned about your workload though. Will you be assigning a co-mod at all?

Contact me: faye_004@yahoo.ca or all us admins: rpg@santharia.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]

[April 10, 2018, 08:32:04 PM]