Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Chán'vai Myth  (Read 12910 times)
Augustus the Wanderer
New Santharian

« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2006, 06:31:23 AM »

Once I'm aproved and whatnot, I'm in. sounds fun.

I wander alone. I work alone. I teach myself what I need to know. I am independent   -Augustus the Wanderer

Augustus the Wanderer
New Santharian

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2006, 06:32:23 AM »

Once I'm aproved and whatnot, I'm in. sounds fun. But what would I do with my Gryph? i could join at sea... hmmm.... *is thinking excitedly*

I wander alone. I work alone. I teach myself what I need to know. I am independent   -Augustus the Wanderer

Drasil Razorfang
Remote Rover
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim/ Injerin

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2006, 10:13:23 AM »

Slow down Augustus, we would have to review your CD and see how you would encorperate.  Also, you need to post in the thirsty herald before you think of joining so we can see your posting ability/quality(the story also starts there so it would be helpful if you were already in the Tavern).

Drasil Razorfang CD

Edited by: Drasil Razorfang at: 8/23/06 17:35
Augustus the Wanderer
New Santharian

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2006, 05:15:23 AM »

sorry about the double post above. my computer messed up. Yes I know I would need expeirience.

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #34 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »

Drasil, he doesn't have to start in the Thirsty Herald. Most new people just tend to congregate there because of the simple atmosphere and it is a quick way to get to know people and learn a bit as well.

People can jump in anywhere they please when it comes to stories, as long as the Mods approve their joining.

www.p081.ezboard.com/fthesantharianrpgboard83.showMessage?topicID=259.topic" target="_blank">

The Santharian Dream ~ Role Playing Basics
Character Creation Guide ~ Restrictions and Age Calculator

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Drasil Razorfang
Remote Rover
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim/ Injerin

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2006, 11:58:23 AM »

Kalina, from what I have gathered from Cherri and what we have worked out, the story starts from the Thirsty Herald so IMHO, it might be best if he started out there.  It was just a suggestion however.

Drasil Razorfang CD

Drasil Razorfang
Remote Rover
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim/ Injerin

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2006, 01:34:23 AM »

I know, I was just stating in this particular case for this particular story it would be better if he posted in the Thirsty Herald.

Drasil Razorfang CD

Edited by: Drasil Razorfang at: 8/23/06 17:34
Cherri Rowandyn
Elemental Mage
Approved Character

Elf, Quaelhoirhim / Ylfferhim / Sanhorrhim

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2006, 03:22:23 AM »

Quick question about the Shendar.  I would like a little clarification please, and try not to bite my head off and tell me to go read the Shendar posting because I have already done so.

"However it is to stress, that the features which they have in common outnumber the ones by which they differ by far, so they have f.e. one representative for the "outside" world, their leader called the "Hrul Zhaeón"."

Now the Hrul Zhaeón is a rep. for the outside world at the .  Is this rep. to act only in  a political sense going to Court and meeting with other dignitaries and delegates or could this rep. also be used as a guide through the Dangs.

I would think that since the Hrul is an elected rep. that he would be too busy to show travelers through the Dangs, which leaves to question can anyone in say the Kir'rii settlement act as a guide?  I believe that is the closest settlement to Strata that was set up to help travelers pass the Dangs, which apparently is a pretty common thing.  At least the Shendar posting says something to that effect, tho it is not the big money maker.  Agreements were reached that the Shendar help travellers through the desert, receiving goods and more control over trade in these particular areas.  At least this is my understanding.  If I have misunderstood, then please let me know.  We are kinda stuck on this right now and would really like to move forward.

Personal Page
Cherri Rowandyn
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

Cherri Rowandyn
Keep your friends close; keep your enemies closer.
Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Mini-mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2006, 05:15:23 AM »

No, the  Hrul Zhaeón is the one who represents the Shendar in the outside world on the level of Thanes, so he would not be able to lead you. But as you said, you can hire a special guide in Kir'rii through the Yar'Dangs. If you want to go to Thalm'bath, you might find your way on your own along the coast. If you want to cross the whole Rahaz-Dath, you need a guide. If I would have the time, I would love to play this guide, but currently it doesn't look like this. Send me your plans for crossing the desert and I can propose some nice adventures - things I have in mind for the desert but not yet written down in detail. There is no way for you to cross the aj'nuvic grounds, for these paths the Shendar don't use with strangers.

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don
***The Santharian Dream*** ***Astropic of the day*

Drasil Razorfang
Remote Rover
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim/ Injerin

« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2006, 05:19:23 AM »

*turns to Cherri*  I guess you were right.  We should edit chapter one accordingly when you next sign on.

*Back at Talia*  Thank you for your assistance.  If you still wish to play the guide when the story gets approved, we would love to have you.  

Drasil Razorfang CD

Cherri Rowandyn
Elemental Mage
Approved Character

Elf, Quaelhoirhim / Ylfferhim / Sanhorrhim

« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2006, 08:06:23 AM »

*Grins at Drasil* We would most certainly like to hear some more about these adventures you have in mind.  It would be wonderful to have to as our guide, but it is understandable if you are too busy.  

Personal Page
Cherri Rowandyn
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

Cherri Rowandyn
Keep your friends close; keep your enemies closer.
Thorgas Ironforge
Ironforge Pyromancer
Mini-mod

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2006, 10:27:23 PM »

Hrmm... Are you still going to have me?

Behold... Admire... Fear... and Wonder. Witness the fire burning in me... Burning... To Avenge.

The Ironforge Pyromancer

A weak mind is a deadly foe.
Thorgas Ironforge
Buri
Thorgas' theme song
Drasil Razorfang
Remote Rover
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim/ Injerin

« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2006, 10:12:23 AM »

*pinches Thorgas' cheek affectionatly* What would we do without our favorite rotund dwarf and his obsese pig?  The story is already mage heavy so you may be one of the only magi to get in, if we decide to set up a restriction such as that.

Drasil Razorfang CD

Thorgas Ironforge
Ironforge Pyromancer
Mini-mod

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2006, 11:02:23 PM »

Hahaha thanks. But mages are supposedly rare; if you find it impossible to fit my character in your story, then you can have Phinehas instead, provided that Lady Sturmwind finishes the entry about them.

Behold... Admire... Fear... and Wonder. Witness the fire burning in me... Burning... To Avenge.

The Ironforge Pyromancer

A weak mind is a deadly foe.
Thorgas Ironforge
Buri
Thorgas' theme song
Tiras The White Rose
The White Rose
Approved Character

Human , Male ,Erpheronian

« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2006, 08:52:23 AM »

Well , as far i understand, you Drasil and Lady Cheri are at the end of getting your own story ....

That said it will be my honor if any of my Character could join , a seducer ( Tiras ) or a mage slayer ( Malavon ) .

Beauty is how you feel inside , and it reflects in you eyes . It is not something physical.Tiras The White Rose

Edited by: Tiras The White Rose  at: 10/5/06 0:53

“My crime? It is a serious one -- you see, I am too handsome to look upon.”
<a href="http://www.santharia.com/adv/index.php?topic=815.msg27340#msg27340 target="top">Tiras The White Rose[/url]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]