Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mithral Murder (Majorly edited!!!!!)  (Read 8924 times)
Xun Darkwoe
Hunter of Thorns
Approved Character

Elf, Eophyrhim

« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2006, 11:14:23 AM »

Talia, we do not have to have critics on our spelling on OOC posts. What we need is people telling us mistakes on our stories or characters. We do not need people critiscizing on our normal posts, as you said when I did it to Drasil!

If you insist on that, here.

You are lucky (no comma or any other symbol.) that I am no Bard Judy or Kalina and won't find bad structured sentences!

~> Enemies shall die, attackers shall have no mercy. Enemies shall live, and be slaves for eternity.<~
EzCode Parsing Error: color=blue]X
<~~>
Character help

Edited by: Xun Darkwoe at: 6/21/06 3:17

Your inner nature resides in your heart and your mind. If either of those are lost, everything that matters is no more
Argon Glasstar
Hopeless Romantic
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani

« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2006, 01:42:23 PM »

You know, considering that Talia's native language is German, she writes rather well in English.

Why am I constantly haunted by these ghosts?

"Don't laugh at me, Don't call me names, Don't get your pleasure from my pain, In God's eyes we're all the same, Someday we'll all have perfect wings, Don't laugh at me"
quote from:
Don't Laugh At Me~ Mark Wills
Kareesh Valendar
Hatred's Fury
Story Mod

Elf, Arthyron

Homepage
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2006, 01:57:23 PM »

Ok, I'm going to step in and be the mother figure here. So, if I step on anyone's toes, deal with it.

Lately, all I've seen on the boards is fighting. Guys, this is suppose to be fun, not a place where you can vent all your "Oh woe is me, the world hates me, I wanna get back at it". If you're going to do that, then I suggest you better leave, 'cause I personally don't wanna hear it.

Now, I haven't read what is going on, but I can tell that there are arguements....again....I know some of us are older then the rest. So what? You encounter that in real life.

But I say to the younger ones, don't be a nuisance. I'm glad that you're excited to be a part of this and I'm happy for your enthusiasim, but don't take it too far. Slow down, enjoy your time here. Just be here to have fun.

To the older ones (both in experience and age-wise) Don't be too hard on them. The harder you are, the more they're going to fight back. Yes, crack down on them if they are breaking the rules, but don't crack down on them if they just wanna help. If they're being annoying, tell them that. Don't just sigh and get mad or sigh and keep it in till the boiling point.

Remember, we are all real people here. Real people with real emotions living real lives. This place is suppose to be a place where you can have fun and, perhaps, get away from RL for a bit. Don't abuse it. Don't just come in here thinking that you know it all from the beginning. Trust me, you don't. Sure you may know the world, but it takes quite a while to learn about all the people. Heck, I'm still learning and I've been here for quite a while.

Now, I don't care if you respond to this or not. I don't care if you pick through it trying to find grammar and spelling mistakes. Be my guest, I don't care. I just had to get this out of my system because I hate seeing us fight amongst ourselves....especially since the Dream is held together by all of us. So please, be more respectful of each other. And remember, that words, whether in person or online, they really do hurt more then sticks and stones.

Shall I end this haunting nightmare for you?
Character Creation Help~~~My Bell to Ring

Xun Darkwoe
Hunter of Thorns
Approved Character

Elf, Eophyrhim

« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2006, 02:27:23 PM »

I have been trying to settle everyone one down, as you can see on one of my latest posts, but I do not like it when some people insult me or critisize me when they do not need to!

Now, I will say again.

EVERYONE SETLLE DOWN!!

We do not need to fight, we do not need to argue, what we need is some people who will kindly do the thiing that this thread is meant to be about!

~> Enemies shall die, attackers shall have no mercy. Enemies shall live, and be slaves for eternity.<~
<~~>
Character help

Your inner nature resides in your heart and your mind. If either of those are lost, everything that matters is no more
Drasil Razorfang
Remote Rover
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim/ Injerin

« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2006, 11:16:23 PM »

To piggy back of of Kalina, just because you attempt to settle down everyone doesn't mean tht you are.  If you look back the majority of the arguments that you "terminate" were either started or played an active role in by you(that sounds kinda wierd)  Your latest post disgust me as you are just being hypocritical.  Talia was pointing out some reasons why you need to wait and you disect her every statement.  Unlinke you, Talia does not speak English as a native language, and grankly, she still posts better than you for the most part, be it in OOC or IC.  You have no right to go through her posts when your own spelling and grammar are horrible, especially considering that you speak English as a first language and claim to be rather old.

Now, Kalina, about the whole Bard Judith thing, she had issued a formal challenge in which she stated that whoever could find a typo in one of her posts recieved a free picture.  As I read through some of her entries, I fell in love with her work and searched for her name on site.  While reading through the dwarven entry(largely put together by her) I caught a mistake, not on Bard's part, but about her work.  The dwarven sex section had not been udated to reflect her alatest discoveries in the field.  When I brought this up on the dev forum under the title of "contradiction," everyone jumped at me thinking that I was attempting to publically broadcast one of her mistakes, when in reality IMHO, it was not her mistake at all.  I can see why everyone assumed this because of my former nit-pickiness of her works, however I would prefer that you didn't use that example. :p   Thanks :hug  

Drasil Razorfang CD

Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Mini-mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2006, 01:10:23 AM »

Sorry for the  &#8216;, don't know, why it appears here .

Thanks for defending me :)

Let us really settle down now - must be the heat that we jump at others !

I didn&#8216;t mind Xun correcting me - BUT that shows me, Xun, that you KNOW how to write correctly! Please do it! But setting the commas right in English requires a lot of discipline for me to not to fall in German-language habits

What I wanted to point out and which obviously didn&#8216;t get  across is that, if I have (slight or bigger) problems with the language I should be correct in every post I do, for there are most times a lot of errors which occur anyway which you don&#8216;t even notice.  Judy and Kalina and many of the other native speakers, even those like Irid who is not one of them, won&#8216;t do many mistakes, but we who are not so firm have to be cautious. It is just unfriendly to throw a few badly formulated half-sentences at somebody - would you talk to your friends like that in RL? Rarely, if not your friends have the same habit.

When you want to join a story, the proper use of language is required, otherwise you will annoy the other players and soon be asked to leave. Or not even accepted. If you don&#8216;t use automatically a good language during normal chatting as well, it will be noticed and fall back on you as well. We are not in IRC where all goes so quickly - there you can&#8216;t do a spell check or correct a mistyped word. And even there people apologise for a mistyped word!

If you think now, it is a bit overdrawn to call this behaviour unfriendly and impolite, then let me again explain, why it is so annoying for me. It has to do with me not being a native speaker: I can read fluently over a correctly written text, even if there are words which I don&#8216;t know. But if I encounter a spelling error or similar, my brain works like a computer which I can&#8216;t switch of - it checks, if this word is correct, send so to say a request back - and that stops the flux of reading  and that is what lets me stumble over badly written posts, be it submissions or quick answers on the board.  

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

so orril miesefer
Sky Master
Approved Character

Elf, Injerín Aellenrhim

« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2006, 04:43:23 AM »

To correct that Talia, click with the right button of your mouse and go to "Codification >", then click on "automatical selection". That should correct that problem, if it doesn't works, I suggest to ask Silfer.

I know what's Talia talking about, my problem is that I'm used to read typos so I figure out what means, but it doesn't help me correct my mistakes. Talia, I humbly ask your forgivness, I missed many things and think I'm very bad for english, so I don't blame you to get angry with my bad writen posts.

Spellcheckers onlyne are very bad, almost as Word spell check, so the only way I can really learn is reading your posts, and as I've said if I find a typo I try to figure out what it means as if it where a real word.

What's my magic? My treasure. What's my God? My freedom. My law? the strength and the wind. My mother country the sky So Orril Miés'éfer, Sky master.

In this world the only thing that is always true is that everything changes, moves and tears apart, to latter return in a neverending dance inspired in the movement of wind. ~ So Orril Miés'éfer, Sky Tower Apprentice
Drasil Razorfang
Remote Rover
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim/ Injerin

« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2006, 04:52:23 AM »

Word will pick up most typos that you have Orril(not to be offensive)  Usually your mistakes are with words that are all screwy and make wierd sounds.

Drasil Razorfang CD

Marvin Cerambit
Carvin' Marvin
Approved Character

Orc, Gob-Oc

« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2006, 05:30:23 AM »

Quote:
Spellcheckers onlyne are very bad, almost as Word spell check, so the only way I can really learn is reading your posts, and as I've said if I find a typo I try to figure out what it means as if it where a real word.

The one that's in my sig found four mistakes in your previous post anyway. Personally I used to spellcheck all my post. Even if it was just a single line. I stopped doing so after about half a year because all the errors that were left were occasional typos. Now I only spellcheck entries, IC posts and occasionally longer posts. Or if I'm uncertain about a word I either spellcheck the whole thing or look up the word. Because of the constant spellchecking my spelling has improved a lot, so why do you never do so? You know your spelling is bad. Goes for anyone btw.

I wise man once said (as a reaction on a semi-flame thread): It's funny how your arguments seem to be so much more convincing if you use capitals and punctuation.

Marvin Cerambit ~ Do not tease my Warg, because you are crunchy and tasteful

Need help with your new Character?
~> Click Here <~

Marvin Cerambit ~ Do not tease my Warg, because you are crunchy and tasteful

Need help with your new Character?
~> Click Here <~
Vesk Lyricahl
Woeful Rover
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2006, 07:21:23 AM »

Word catches most spelling errors, but I don't trust its grammar check. Its good for the simpler grammar errors, but it tries to correct my grammar in sentences where I know I'm right. No program has the right to argue with me!:lol  

so orril miesefer
Sky Master
Approved Character

Elf, Injerín Aellenrhim

« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2006, 12:25:23 PM »

Yes, Word is really bad for grammar in any language, not only english... In spanish you can skip the subject (That's why some of my posts don't have subject) but Word marks it as fragmented, same happens in english, f.e when I use templates.

What's my magic? My treasure. What's my God? My freedom. My law? the strength and the wind. My mother country the sky So Orril Miés'éfer, Sky master.

In this world the only thing that is always true is that everything changes, moves and tears apart, to latter return in a neverending dance inspired in the movement of wind. ~ So Orril Miés'éfer, Sky Tower Apprentice
Thorgas Ironforge
Ironforge Pyromancer
Mini-mod

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2006, 01:02:23 PM »

Just a little reminder, Xun.
The admins made the rules about posting right? So that means that they have the full authority in checking your posts for errors and such. They also said we should have proper spelling and grammar, even in OOC posts.

Well, seems that almost every thread is turning into a Santharian Supreme Court; this is due largely to the fact that everyone thinks their opinion is the correct one. We could prevent this if we learn how to listen to others, not just on our own suggestion. Remember, for the dream to survive, we need to work with each other, not against each one.

Behold... Admire... Fear... and Wonder. Witness the fire burning in me... Burning... To Avenge.

The Ironforge Pyromancer

A weak mind is a deadly foe.
Thorgas Ironforge
Buri
Thorgas' theme song
Xun Darkwoe
Hunter of Thorns
Approved Character

Elf, Eophyrhim

« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2006, 02:55:23 PM »

True, very true... I should keep on checking my posts to find grammar or spelling problems...

I would like everyone to settle down. There is no need to argue or anything here. We are all friends, right? Well, kind of... we shouldn't argue, okay? so can we just calm down and not argue with each other? I really actually do not like to argue. :confused

Now, I am not saying that we can't explain to each other something on how we don't agree with something or such, but we should not full on fight! We are all friendly people here, and can have fun on this website. That was what it was meant to do, right?

Now, to settle everything down, I admit, I am basically the one that started this, and I'm sorry. I have also started to spell-checking my posts, so I am working on it. So, can everyone settle down, please?

<~~>
Character help

Phyth Glenfield
Mounted Mercenary
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2006, 02:58:23 PM »

Oh, I think everyone has...

If not I'll start singing...

"What the world...needs now...Is love, sweet love..."

Yeah, you don't want me singing.

"No matter where you go, there you are..."
Buckaroo Banzai

Phyth Glenfield

"No matter where you go, there you are..." 
Buckaroo Banzai

Phyth Glenfield
Xun Darkwoe
Hunter of Thorns
Approved Character

Elf, Eophyrhim

« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2006, 03:18:23 PM »

:lol

I don't think you hae a good enough voice. Now, if I could just find a way to broadcast Eurythmics...

<~~>
Character help

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]

[April 10, 2018, 08:32:04 PM]

[March 09, 2018, 05:45:59 PM]