Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: XIV: The Thirsty Herald: Firstflame  (Read 108795 times)
Drasil Razorfang
Remote Rover
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim/ Injerin

« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2006, 09:17:23 AM »

Furious at being manhandled, the bird pecked viciously at the hand of blonde elf who had taken her captive with the help of an animal whom he called Storm.  Anger welled up inside the bird as she attempted to flap her wings while scratching and biting.

Smiling with glee, Drasil watched the blonde elf take hold of Kari with the help of his familiar.  As the elf approached him however, Drasil became nervous, frightened by the thought of having to talk to this elf or the dark elf.  Raising his spear to bring it between him and the elf holding Kari captive, he drove the point towards the hand in which the elf was holding the bird and the shirt, attempting to cause him to drop both objects in pain.

Drasil Razorfang CD

AnaMirl Goodwill
Sleeping Innkeeper
Approved Character

Human, Stratania

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2006, 09:27:23 AM »

Ana‘Mirl walked absently towards her house, thinking at Lori and why she had obviously spent the last day within her room, when she heard a familiar voice calling her and turned around. It was Teri, who was hurrying towards her asking:

"You're up! Are you sure you're feeling well enough? You took a serious fall, only two days ago. I'm certain being abed too much can't be a lot better for you, but..."
Then she stopped and said simply: "It's good to have you back."

A smile  lit up in Ana‘s face, making her much younger than her  years would suspect and she answered Teri warm-heartedly:
„Oh, hello Teri, nice to see you! Don‘t worry, I will look after me. I felt quite well, when getting up this morning, but after some time the headache came back and I was not able to help Twen serving the breakfast. I‘m sorry for that, my feet were itching to go to the kitchen, but I felt suddenly kind of dizzy and so I just sat and watched the guests. I will lie down now for a while and I‘m sure, I will feel better afterwards. Lori was sleeping in my room when I left it and I wonder, why she has not shown up till now. She could help in the kitchen, if not even serving. But with these guests I‘m not sure, if I should allow her to go into the tavern. Though and now Ana‘Mirl  laughs „I don‘t know, if I should be more concerned  with her well-being or that of the guests, if my little brat is around. Remember what caused this fight with the killer who nearly killed her? She put hot spices in his beer and tricked him into drinking it in one gulp, that little brat!

Taking Teri‘s arm slightly, she asked her:
„Why don‘t you come with me? She surely likes to see you!“  

Ana'Mirl Goodwill

so orril miesefer
Sky Master
Approved Character

Elf, Injerín Aellenrhim

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2006, 09:29:23 AM »

*Feeling the pain in his hand Orril releases both things and say*

What's wrong? Do you feel fear to talk and prefer weapons do that? Or is just your way to say good morning? Come on, I'm not that mean. My name is Orril, wind mage of profesion. Who are you?  

What's my magic? My treasure. What's my God? My freedom. My law? the strength and the wind. My mother country the sky So Orril Miés'éfer, Sky master.

In this world the only thing that is always true is that everything changes, moves and tears apart, to latter return in a neverending dance inspired in the movement of wind. ~ So Orril Miés'éfer, Sky Tower Apprentice
Drasil Razorfang
Remote Rover
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim/ Injerin

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2006, 09:40:23 AM »

Spearing the shirt, Drasil lowered his spear tip to the ground, allowing Kari to jump onto the spear.  The small bird, trying to gather what remained of her dignity, began to preen her feathers before flying away, leaving her master to confront the mage.

Drasil mortified by the mage's friendliness swung the butt of his spear at the elf's head before tearing off in the opposite direction, leaving only a cloud of dust for the mage to talk to.

Drasil Razorfang CD

so orril miesefer
Sky Master
Approved Character

Elf, Injerín Aellenrhim

« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2006, 10:14:23 AM »

*With some seconds of luck, Orril managed to evade the spear.* Huh... that guy is quiet weird. *sayd for himself, and entered the tavern, and sat again with Xun and Malavon.

Then, what would you want Xun?  

What's my magic? My treasure. What's my God? My freedom. My law? the strength and the wind. My mother country the sky So Orril Miés'éfer, Sky master.

In this world the only thing that is always true is that everything changes, moves and tears apart, to latter return in a neverending dance inspired in the movement of wind. ~ So Orril Miés'éfer, Sky Tower Apprentice
Malavon Despana
Wizard's Bane
Approved Character

Maelf , Helcrani Sanhorrhim

« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2006, 09:16:23 AM »

Malavon looked as his table companion left the table to go talk to another elf , and finishing his meal , Malavon get up and walked towards the elfess bartender , asking her :

Malavon - Pardon me , milady , i do hope you didn`t get the wrong impression about me moments ago , my name is Malavon , may i ask yours ?

With a honest smile Malavon awaited the elfess response, knowing that his apearence had change since she last saw him .

Edited by: Malavon Despana at: 5/28/06 1:18

Ill give you a moment to comfort each others before I end your pathetic lives !!

Malavon The Mage Killer
Xun Darkwoe
Hunter of Thorns
Approved Character

Elf, Eophyrhim

« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2006, 09:27:23 AM »

Xun raised his head and looked at Orril. He was almost hit by another elf, yet still did not leave the tavern. He had gotten attacked by a falcon, too. Yet he still did not leave. Xun had also figured he was pounced by a wolf, but he did not leave. So he said

"well, I might like a desert plate meal, but, it, it is fine. I'm not hungry. *Sighs loudly* well, you see, uh, I have not have a good life, but I think I can trust you, one of the only people I think I can trust, to tell you this. But, it is kind of long, would you like to hear my life? well, When I was young, my mother and I had a nice life. Except for my father that I have neer seen in my life. We were fairly rich, and had a great time in the forest. But, oh, my mother, she had a note, and, uh, well. *Xun lowers his head* Um, well here, I still have it, would you like to see it? Here you go, Orril.

Xun puts his hand into a pocket and pulls out a crinkled piece of paper. He rolls it out and shows it to Orril. it said

Dear Xun,
I hope this won't be too troubling, but I have to leave the forest. I have had some great times with you, and I bet you did, too. However, I have had more bad times and therefore I am going to end my life outside the forest. I will no longer bother you. Take my belongings and have a great life.

"See, as you can see, my mother went on a suicide. I still do not know why. But, it went downhill from there. After I went outside the forest to look for my mother, I saw her dead on the field. But the wounds were not from our weapons, so she was murdered. And, and, well, after that, I did not know how to shop well or anything, so I had wasted all of my money, that is why iIam poor. And, oh, i can't bare this. Can i stop?"

The man who dares attack me, shall have pain and suffering beneath my blade. A man who touches me shall know what a beast I can be. Xun Darkwoe, Hunter of Thorns.

Edited by: Xun Darkwoe at: 5/28/06 1:29

Your inner nature resides in your heart and your mind. If either of those are lost, everything that matters is no more
so orril miesefer
Sky Master
Approved Character

Elf, Injerín Aellenrhim

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2006, 10:40:23 AM »

*Orril heard the history and sayd*

Huh... that's bad, my parents died when I was in school, so I didn't saw them, though I got part of their money, I needed to work for a long time in a shop, and now I have enough money to travel arround. Also, I have my magic, that can help me to make some "interesting" tricks, like vanishing miself or moving something at distance or many other things, sometimes people hire me for some special events and for some kind of jobs... The payment is quiet good, since mage aren't easily found.

Now don't feel bad, sure she is better now, at least she doesn't have to worri about things we do, like hurting ourselves or need to eat or many other things... My opinion about death is that you go to your element, elves go to the wind, dwarves to the earth, humans to the water and orcs to the fire and in this posicion, you control it as no mage can do... but of course is only my theory.

Aueniteri
Crusader
Approved Character

Half-elf, Quaelhoirhim / Eyelian

« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2006, 03:01:23 PM »

'Teri willingly took Ana's arm, and giggled a little at the memory of the half-elf and Lori's little "interview." She herself would never have thought of such an ingenious way of putting the man in his place, but it had turned quickly to the worst - and the first fire. She blamed it more on the half-elf than the hunter, although it had been the hunter's ferret that had done the damage.

"And I think I should enjoy seeing her. Honestly, Ana, I don't understand how you can do it. I tried only to help a little around the tavern for these past two days, and I feel nearly broken. Each morning has been a fresh start, though; it has its good points."

-------------------
Silence! You could give your excuses until Injèrá hides her head from all Santharia, but it will never preserve your life.
I have so sworn...

Torscha
Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2006, 04:35:23 PM »

As Smoke and her master approached the tavern, a small figure in drab clothes peered out from the structure that by the smell of it had to be the stables. The man led Smoke there, whistling tunelessly through his teeth. He found himself in inexplicably good spirits; even the hangover from last night's rotgut did not impede his anticipation of tasting the Thirsty Herald's famous brew.

"Good day to you, stranger," the stablehand said, tugging his forelock. He spoke with the rounded vowels of the country folk hereabouts, a quaint accent that the man had, over time, acquired himself.

"And to you, my good... person," he said expansively, although he had to squint a little harder to discern the stick-thin figure's gender under the grime of honest labour and clothes several sizes too large. Having decided that the stablehand was, indeed, a boy, he handed him the reins. "Be so good as to stable my noble steed and give her a repast worthy of her fine breeding."

An awkward few moments passed, in which the stablehand held the reins and peered expectantly over the man's shoulder, as if trying to see if there were some other noble steed the traveller could be referring to.

Smoke whickered into the silence. Her master cleared his throat.

The stablehand jumped. "Oh, sorry sir, I was just checking to see if... if..."

"Yes?" the man prompted. Something about the set of his eyes in the shade of his hat-brim told the stablehand that perhaps disparaging his 'noble steed' would not be a very good thing to do. Certainly, for all that he looked no more threatening than any other wandering vagabond, the leather-wrapped hilt of the rapier at his side showed the marks of hard use.

"Nothing, sir," the stablehand said resignedly. He tugged on the bridle. "Come on, then."

"I'll be grateful if you could help me get her harness off and take my belongings to my room," the wanderer added.

"No problem, sir."

Another few awkward moments passed.

The traveller sighed and scrounged in his pockets, eventually coming up with a single worn san, which he flipped to the boy, who plucked it from the air with a practised gesture. "And there'll be a su for you if you can see the baggage to my rooms without lightening them unduly. There are rooms for let, aren't there?"

"Oh, always, sir," the boy said, a great deal more cheerful at the mention of money. "Just go in and ask for Mistress Ana, sir, and she'll set you up in a trice." The boy paused for a moment. "Sir, may I have your name? Just so I know to say whose... er, noble steed this is, iffen they ask."

The man paused on his way to the main door, having taken off his hat to fan himself with it, shaking out the sweat-drenched hair he'd bunched under it. A longer pause, the boy noted, than someone completely honest would require to introduce themselves.

"Torscha," the traveller said finally, with just the barest nip of white showing as he smiled over his shoulder. "Call me Torscha."

Perhaps a background check on this particularly scruffy character might be in order.

Thorgas Ironforge
Ironforge Pyromancer
Mini-mod

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2006, 12:08:23 AM »

*Thorgas poured himself another mug of beer and drank it all in one gulp. After accepting the money Gamaliel gave him, he laid the mug on the table, wiped his mouth, and said:*
Aah... That's right. You're 20 years older than me after all. About Buri, yes we're getting along fine, and he's larger than me, too. Speaking of the mine, where will we dig it? Probably Mithral Mountains, as that pile of rock is full of ores and gems just waiting to be mined. We'll tunnel out a living room, a mess hall, 2 sleeping quarters, 2 washrooms, a forge and a study room. We'll also dig a tunnel that goes to the veins of exposed ores and gems, and another one for ventilation. Might take a very long time, but in the end it will be worth it. When will we leave for the mountain?
*Thorgas' eyes twinkled as he mentioned the plans for their new home. He poured himself another mug of beer and drank it. After a long draught he surveyed the room and it's occupants. What caught his attention is the elf with scars running rampant across his body.. He turned to his brother and tells him in a soft voice, so only they can hear it:*
We should be on our guard all the time. That elf is a Son of the Eophyrhim; the shunned elves, the dark ones; outcast amongst the elves. He should not be allowed in here! They are known far and wide for their poison-making ability; Not that we fear their poisons, but I pity those who will be the victims of their craft. Let's go to my room after our meal; we have much to talk about. Just eat your food and leave the pitcher and it's contents to me.
*Thorgas smiled and winked at his brother and continued eating his meal. Enjoying every bite, he hummed a little tune, with occasional glares at the elf should he come close enough to the brothers.*

Behold... Admire... Fear... and Wonder. Witness the fire burning in me... Burning... To Avenge.

The Ironforge Pyromancer

A weak mind is a deadly foe.
Thorgas Ironforge
Buri
Thorgas' theme song
Drasil Razorfang
Remote Rover
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim/ Injerin

« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2006, 12:27:23 AM »

Drasil burst into the tavern panting after having escaped from the conversational elf.  Behind him Kari fluttered in easily, making lazy arcs across the span of the ceiling as she waited to see what her master would do next.  A rare star of excitement was shining in her dark black beads, a sign of the glee she was feeling at her master's predicament.

Looking at the shirt in disgust, the elf snarled audibly as he thought of how the filthy dark elf had touched his clothing.  Using a stick, he removed it from his spear, being careful not to touch it.  "Now, just to find some way to get rid of it forever."

The elf scanned the room, looking for Twen or another patron to see if they would burn it in the kitchen, however in his search, his eyes came to rest upon two dwarves sitting at a table in deep conversation.  Gesturing to the younger dwarf, Drasil whispered to Kari who was now flying lazily around his head, "I believe that is the dwarf who used the fire magic yesterday.  He should be able to help me clean up after your mess."

Mustering up his courage, the elf strode across the room to the two dwarves, his insecurity etched in his eyes and across his face.  As he approached, he managed to pick up fragments of their conversation as it shifted from talk of mining to the dark elf.  Now interested, Drasil froze in place, eavesdropping on thier appealing conversation.  His listening was cut short however by Kari as she swiftly pecked him upon the cheek, reopening the wound she had given him this morning.  Glaring at the bird once more, the elf walked the last few steps to the table the dwarves were seated at.

Tapping the fire mage on the shoulder, he gave an apolgetic look to the other.  Despite the fact that he towered over the dwarf, the embarrassed elf looked at the floor, shifting nervously as he asked, "I saw you little demonstration with your magic last night and I was wondering if you could burn this for me," he said, holding out the stick with the shirt on it.

Drasil Razorfang CD

Thorgas Ironforge
Ironforge Pyromancer
Mini-mod

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2006, 12:09:23 AM »

*Thorgas gave a little jump and accidentally spat the beer in his mouth, due to the surprise tapping on his shoulder while he is concetrated with glaring at the dark elf and not minding the other people in the inn. He glared for a while at the elf, and after telling him what he wants, he gave a smile that is barely shown under the mass of brown hair. Wiping his mouth with his hand, he stood up and tried to whisper to the elf, but he realizes that the elf is too damn tall, so he just motioned to the elf to come closer:*
Eh? You want me to burn that up? The barmaid here doesn't want to see any magic inside the room. However, she did not mention anything about using magic outside. Let's go out.
*With a chuckle and a wink, Thorgas stood up, and turning to his brother, he said:*
Excuse me for a moment, brother. I'll be back shortly.
*He looked back at the shirtless elf, saying:*
You might want to put a cloak over those chiseled muscles of yours. It's pretty chilly this morning, and you do not want to catch a cold. Any reason why you want to burn a dirty shirt? You could just wash it and hang it up to dry instead of burning it, but then again it's your shirt and you can do whatever you want with it.
*Thorgas went out to gather dried twigs and leaves to use as fuel for the fire. After gathering a medium sized stack, he reached for one of his pouches, rubbed sulphur in his hands and sprinkled a little amount on the pile of leaves. After doing this he motioned for the elf to follow and put his shirt on the pile, while holding Torosar, his shining jewelled staff, with his hands.*

Behold... Admire... Fear... and Wonder. Witness the fire burning in me... Burning... To Avenge.

The Ironforge Pyromancer

Edited by: Thorgas Ironforge at: 5/29/06 11:49

A weak mind is a deadly foe.
Thorgas Ironforge
Buri
Thorgas' theme song
Torscha
Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2006, 03:08:23 PM »

Having done his duty as far as taking care of Smoke was concerned, Torscha gratefully pushed open the door and entered the cooler interior, blinking instinctively against the sudden darkness and the inevitable smoke from cooking-fires and hearth-fires and pipes. To his surprise, he found the taproom almost empty, save for someone staffing the long bar.

She was female, and attractive. His eyes lit up quite involuntarily; a spectator, had there been any, might have noticed the change in his posture.

He approached the bar and doffed his hat, quite unruffled by the sounds of a fracas from the exterior. "A very good morning to you, sweet lady. What might you have for a thirsty traveller who has braved hard roads and intransigent mounts to throw himself upon the mercy of your hospitality?"

Perhaps a background check on this particularly scruffy character might be in order.

Gamaliel Ironforge
Ironforge Paladin
Approved Character

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2006, 12:01:23 PM »

Mithral Mountains will be great! We'll be as close as we can with our tribe.
Squeak.
*Gamaliel emptied his mug and proceeded to fill it for the third time. At the sound of his brother's plans for their new home, he smiled warmly, a smile that is rarely shown in the face of the dwarf.*
Haha! Slow down, Thorgas! you might choke over that delicious platter of yours. Yes, yes, we will build all those things, but first we should find a perfect place first to situate our mines.
*Gamaliel was enjoying his breakfast when his brother suddenly whispered to him about the hated dark elves, and particularly one who is with them in the tavern. Nodding to Thorgas, he said:*
Poison, Bah! Should he try to come near us, I'll hack him apart with my axe! I'll ---
*He stopped in the middle of the conversation when a shirtless elf tapped his brother's shoulder. He looked at the intruder angrily, but saw his brother treat him with kindness, as he always does to all creatures. He shrugged as Thorgas mentioned about helping the elf burn his shirt, and was left alone on the table, drinking and eating.*
Do it quickly, brother. We have much to talk about.
*He turned to the elf and manage to remove his glaring look. Managing a smile, very much like Thorgas, he said:*
Excuse me, friend. My brother is very kind to people he doesn't know. Please be on your guard as that dark elf whom we are talking about looks highly suspicious, and return here at once if your business is complete.
*He smiled again, showing a fine set of teeth and a jocular wink, which is again very much like his brother's, before returning to his food.*

Swinging my axe once is murder; twice is nicer.

The Ironforge Paladin

Edited by: Gamaliel Ironforge at: 5/30/06 4:02

Swinging my axe once is murder, but twice is nicer.
The Ironforge Paladin
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]