Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: XIV: The Thirsty Herald: Firstflame  (Read 108798 times)
Twn Arerwn
Death's Mistress
Approved Character

Elf, Iferhm

« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2006, 12:11:23 PM »

Smiling brightly as she passed Gamaliel, his kind words of the fortitude of the drink and food a refreshing thought amongst the early morning bustle. She held up an unfilled flagon in an artificial toast to the dwarf as she made her way once more to stand behind the bar. A tiny hand slipped a bottle of reddish pink wine from beneath the tabletop and hastily filled, to the rim, a slender goblet. A look of glee could be seen dancing in the opaque surface of the ancient elf's eyes as she stared into the liquid for a few moments. Only she knew what it was a mixture of and it was not a common liquor in these parts, that was without question.

Having taken but the tiniest sip from it, she was approached by the man she had nearly run over earlier, Malavon. The elfs tiny nose cringing a bit at the fiery taste that played over her taste buds as he came near. She then lifted the wine glass just below bosom level and nodded nonchalantly to him as he stated his name. Tis a pleasure to met yee Sir. Hand holding the goblet poised out to one side as she curtseyed towards him. My name is Twen . Twen Araerwen. A radiant gleam spreading casually over her delicate elven features. No need for apologies Sir, yee are not the first patron I have met in the wee hours of the morning that was a bit haggard after some late hours.

Taking note of the human making his way towards the bar she excused herself from the conversation with Malavon. Hiding her wine glass beneath the countertop and was already running a clean clothe about the interior of a flagon as the man addressed her from behind.

Mischievously she peered over a petite shoulder at the man, a balmy smile upon her supple lips as she spoke softly to him. That would depend on what it is yee seek MLord, we keep a good store of refreshments. Name your liking and I would be chasing it down for yee. Turning nimbly upon sandaled feet, she placed the flagon down in front of him, the soft patter of a sandaled foot upon the wooden floor a sign of her anxiety to those that may notice. Humans often made her uneasy and this fatigued traveler, Torscha, seemed to be doing more so than most.

(`._he pe e pon the rowd ike a ragon, ncient and u o eath_.)

Edited by: Twen  Araerwen  at: 5/30/06 4:27

The spell fell upon the crowd like a dragon,
ancient and full of death.
Phyth Glenfield
Mounted Mercenary
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2006, 01:51:23 PM »

Phyth finished brushing Iago, getting all the dirt and burrs out of her glossy coat. Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out a lump of sugar and held it out to her.
 "Here," he said, "You deserve it."

She grabbed it and began to eat it eagerly. Phyth ran his hand down her nose, then bent over to clean the dirt out of her hooves. Phyth pulled a leg up and began cleaning the hoof when Iago nudged him in the back, causing him to fall over. He stood up and shook the dirt and straw off of him, then glared at her. Somehow, he thought she managed to look innocent and smug at the same time.
 "All right," he said, reaching over to pat her, "still to early? Fine, I'll come back later."
 Shaking his head, Phyth walked out of the bar and headed to the tavern, imagining Iago grinning at him.

Phyth entered the tavern rubbing his eyes. He quietly surveyed the room while walking to the bar. Only one of the dwarfs, the elf, and two other humans were in the room. Taking a seat, he yawned and turned to the elfess at the bar.
 "I'll have a Ximaxian Rainbow," he said.

"No matter where you go, there you are..."
Buckaroo Banzai

Phyth Glenfield

"No matter where you go, there you are..." 
Buckaroo Banzai

Phyth Glenfield
Xun Darkwoe
Hunter of Thorns
Approved Character

Elf, Eophyrhim

« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2006, 01:00:23 PM »

Xun stops talking to Orril and goes to the bar to order something. looking at the menu, trying to decide what he wanted, he remembered he was poor, and couldn't afford anything. He goes to Orril and asks while suggesting

"Hey, Orril, as a friend, I am not trying to be a burden, but can you gie me some money for food? one thing I think would be easier though would be to just give me the money, and I will order everything, decide what i want, but stay to the range of what you give me. so, uh, can you do that?"

Waiting for a reply, Xun goes upstairs into his room and puts the letter Xun had shown Orril back. He then goes back downstairs and glares at the shirtless elf who had been so cruel to him, just because he was a dark elf. he goes back to Orril, sits down, and waits patiently for a reply, occasionaly looking at the shirtless elf, just in case.

The man who dares attack me, shall have pain and suffering beneath my blade. A man who touches me shall know what a beast I can be. Xun Darkwoe, Hunter of Thorns.

Edited by: Xun Darkwoe at: 5/30/06 5:34

Your inner nature resides in your heart and your mind. If either of those are lost, everything that matters is no more
Torscha
Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2006, 01:53:23 PM »

Torscha's smile, the familiar, easy grin he wore as a matter of habit, widened into something like sincere appreciation as he was given the chance to admire the slender elfess at closer quarters.

"My liking? Dear lady, perhaps I came in through the door with some thoughts of a draught of dark ale and some bread with which to break my fast, but confronted by you now I must confess to have quite forgotten about such paltry things as hunger." He swept his hat before him as he bowed, hoping that the sinews that twinged in his legs from all that walking did not make his gesture overly stiff.

"I am Torscha, traveller and archivist, collector of stories and teller of tales; I would very much like to hear yours, lady. It is said that beauty is one of Ava's most prized traits; surely, then, you are blessed and beloved of her."

Straightening, he noticed to a dismay he quickly hides behind his ready grin that the tap-room was not quite as empty as he had surmised, and added, "But some food and drink will do for now; I see you are rather busy at the moment. But a word with you later, if  I may? That alone would have made my long journey here more than worthwhile." He leaned his elbows on the polished wood of the bar counter, then straightened, abruptly and uncharacteristically self-conscious, especially about the tangles in his hair and the scuff-marks his sleeves left on the otherwise pristine wood.

"I must be interfering with your work," he said after a moment. "I'll rest these weary legs of mine, then, and look forward with great relish to having words with you again."

What's the matter? So she's an elf; you've seen a few before. She's beautiful. Uncommonly so. Still, you're no bumpkin to wet his chin with drool at a pretty face.

It must be the journey. I'm tired, and overdue for a warm, soft bed. And some company in it would not go amiss, either.
He shook himself. For shame. They say elves can read your thoughts; I better hope she's not reading mine.

I need a drink.

Perhaps a background check on this particularly scruffy character might be in order.

Edited by: Torscha at: 5/30/06 6:06

Malavon Despana
Wizard's Bane
Approved Character

Maelf , Helcrani Sanhorrhim

« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2006, 07:37:23 PM »

His eyes flickered for a brief moment with irony ,  Malavon saw as the elfess Twen excused herself and went to the bar ,  he  though:

She is a mage alright . And a powerfull one no less .
Did she recognize my reputation ?
No matter , let me join that young man by the bar , to see if he will join me in a drink .

Malavon walked and heard as the man introduced himself to he elfess as Torscha.
Malavon asked the man :

Malavon - Excuse me friend , do you mind if seat here ?
It is a terrible thing to drink alone .

Waiting for the mans response he turned to elfess bartender and asked :

Malavon - Twen , will you be so kind to give the same  this gentlemen here is drinking ?

Ill give you a moment to comfort each others before I end your pathetic lives !!

Malavon The Mage Killer
Torscha
Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2006, 07:04:23 PM »

(This message was left blank)

Perhaps a background check on this particularly scruffy character might be in order.

Edited by: Torscha at: 5/30/06 11:09

Torscha
Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2006, 08:07:23 PM »

Torscha gave the newcomer his second-best smile; it had worked before on many occasions, but didn't seem to be doing much for him. Oh, well; it wasn't primed for use on men, anyway.

He made an expansive gesture with one hand. "Of course, my good man; I would be glad of your company while we both wait for the sweet lady's favours."

The way he watches her is... interesting. It's not fear, and it's not attraction, that's for sure. It's almost... predatory.

"Although you might want to reconsider both your choice of seat and your order. I have little money, it's true, and hence what fare I might order here would certainly not be to your taste. And I am just come in from the road.

"For your own sake, kindly do not come too close. You might find me... disagreeable."

His smile widened into an amiable grin, and he laid his walking staff against the table within easy reach. "No offence meant, you understand, but I am not the most savoury of characters you'll come across."

Warrior Kaelan
Footman
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani

« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2006, 08:36:23 PM »

It has to be the hot sand at the beginning of the day; Kaelan was beginning to think the day would be wretched, stiff and stifling like the last, and his water nearly run dry. Still, he hadn't imagined a little breeze would make things worse, at least, not to the extent they did. But then, he was a man of the north, and it is common for a man from Milkengrad to underestimate the destructive power of a little wind in the desert.

He could have swore his face and the top of his head had been shorn free of skin by the tiny abrasive pieces as they had whipped across him all morning. He was amazed they hadn't re-opened any of his recent wounds, but that might have been due to the fact that the sand was too busy filling them all in. These factors and more made the Thirsty Herald a welcome sight.

He stopped for just a moment at the well, spotting the innkeeper woman and a young elven lass whom he was certain he'd seen here last heading toward a building not too far off. He sat on the edge of the well, removed his cloak, his bastard sword, his longsword and his crossbow, laying them on the ground beside him, and washed his hair and his face, pressing his hair back with his left hand. Then, he drank a little of the strange-tasting yet refreshing water.

He fastened his weapons once again, draped his cloak loosely over his shoulders, and strode with renewed energy toward the tavern, stopping for a moment just inside. He hadn't expected this.

The place wasn't crowded, but definitely full. More elves than he'd ever seen before; a few dwarves, and a man or two, or three, at least one of whom looked to have a fair piece of decency about him; a haggard rogue or a bard, and finally some kind of dark sword-swinger. The purposeless kind who have more flashing steel in their record than dried blood.

Kaelan drew his hood over his head and resumed walking, targeting a corner on the north-west side of the common room. A little out in the open, but unoccupied. Here he sat, and again relieved himself of his crossbow, setting it at his feet, with one foot on the catch so his weight could easily be shifted onto it should it try to go anywhere he didn't bid it. Seated, he glanced around a bit before drawing his focus out of the crowd and into the table before him, losing track of what was going on around him almost completely as he withdrew himself.

Why do you ask?

Malavon Despana
Wizard's Bane
Approved Character

« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2006, 07:45:23 PM »

Malavon as a imperceptve gleam of anger past though his eyes , smilled showing his white teeth in a grin , but as anyone that knew well him could tell Torscha that Malavon smile was not friendly at all , but a sign of eminent danger ..

Looking Torscha moving his Walking Staff to be near him , Malavon rested his hand in Zaroc and answered Torscha :

Malavon - It matters not friend , i have enough money for the two of us , ask Twen what you want and i will glady pay .

Edited by: Malavon Despana at: 5/30/06 14:06

Ill give you a moment to comfort each others before I end your pathetic lives !!

Malavon The Mage Killer
Torscha
Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2006, 01:06:23 AM »

Torscha noted his unanticipated companion's hand straying towards his weapon, and noted the tightness of his smile, and allowed his own grin to grow warmer. "Ah, well, a man after my own heart. You have coin, you say, and would not begrudge some of it to feeding a poor traveller? I see I have misjudged you; truly you must be the epitome of charity and virtue."

He swept the table before him clear with a magnanimous sweep of his arm, and took care to place his hands before him on the wood, palms open and unthreatening. Gods only know what kind of people shelter under these eaves... considering all the other possibilities, someone who's edgy around elves and a little too quick to his weapons isn't that bad a drinking companion.

The traveller reached across the table, his hand open and welcoming. "My name is Torscha. I am a traveller, and jack-of-all-trades. Perhaps there is some way of which I may be of service? Sharpening a blade, patching some clothes, fixing a harness?" He gave the man a sidelong glance; the well-worn weapons and the obvious familiarity he had with them spoke to the traveller of someone who had had no shortage of close encounters in his time. "Or perhaps you have some tale to tell? For I collect stories, in my fashion, and spread them, if that is what you wish. Is there aught you wish to hear, or would speak of? You will find me the very soul of discretion... for the right price."

Edited by: Torscha at: 5/30/06 17:07

so orril miesefer
Sky Master
Approved Character

Elf, Injern Aellenrhim

« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2006, 01:07:23 AM »

Orril had a thought time, thinking about Xun hungry he decided that he could give him some money, enough to satiate his hungry... and luckily his animals too.

"Ok, I'll give you 50 sans for ya, and 20 to buy something for Shadow and Storm, I'll be waiting here."

Orril noted the glares that Xun gave to the shirtless elf and said

"Don't worry Xun, he'll pay for what he did, is just matter of time. After all the Gods never forget."

With this thought in his mind, Orril gave Xun the 70 sans.

What's my magic? My treasure. What's my God? My freedom. My law? the strength and the wind. My mother country the sky So Orril Mis'fer, Sky master.

Edited by: so orril miesefer  at: 5/31/06 0:12

In this world the only thing that is always true is that everything changes, moves and tears apart, to latter return in a neverending dance inspired in the movement of wind. ~ So Orril Mis'fer, Sky Tower Apprentice
Drasil Razorfang
Remote Rover
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim/ Injerin

« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2006, 06:36:23 AM »

Putting on a forced half-smile at the other dwarf, Drasil responded "Aye, sir.  His presance sullies the air."  Turning his back on the other dwarf, the elf began to step away the table, letting the mage lead the way out the door.

Following the dwarf out the door with the "contaminated shirt" help out an arms length in front of him on a stick, the elf began to explain his predicament to the fire mage.

"Well you see somehow this shirt managed to land in the hands of that filthy dark elf and I figured that since I can barely even come near the shirt with out getting naseous, it would be best to just make it...disappear."

With this, the elf threw the shirt onto the pile, relief flooding over his pale features as the disgusting garment dropped into the pyre.  His golden eyes glinting in anticipation of the leaping flames that would lead to the destruction of the shirt.

"Now if only we could do this to the source..."

Drasil Razorfang CD

Malavon Despana
Wizard's Bane
Approved Character

« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2006, 06:15:23 AM »

Malavon smile became more friendly as he heard the kind words of Torscha.
Well , this is a suprise . Dispite of his smile and seemingly humility, it is evident that he is no ordinary man .
And his eyes show an inteligence that i have not see in a long time , he has read through me as a open book .
Thats good , finally i have found someone that not fear me

Taking his place beside the man , Malavon answered the man :

Malavon - Well met Torscha , I am Malavon , although some call me Malevolant the Wizards Bane .
And the reason i am here in the end of the earth ?

Well lets just say that some people have some problems with my reputation , forcing me to be forever in the road , being this only another point in my journey .

Edited by: Malavon Despana at: 5/30/06 22:16

Malavon The Mage Killer
Xun Darkwoe
Hunter of Thorns
Approved Character

Elf, Eophyrhim

« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2006, 10:57:23 AM »

"Oh, thank you so much, So Orril. I will gladly buy something for your animals, though, what do you think they like? You can't just gie animals any type of food. That's unhealthy for them! but you can think of what to give them. I'm starved. I wonder what is on the menu. Hmm, I've never had this kind of money, except 40 years ago, well, human years. We age differently, Aye friend?"

Xun goes to the menu, and starts staring hungrily. He forgets about the money and "remembers" that he had none. Going back to Orril, he remebers that he had already given him money, so he goes back. He looks at the menu some more and decides to get an alberan loaf and a desert plate meal. He goes to the bartender, an elfess named Twen, and asks her

"Can I have an alberan loaf and a desert plate meal, aye Twen? Take your time, I am patient enough. You look dearly so beautiful."

Xun goes back to Orril and says to him

"Have you made up your mind? well, should've wait longer, aye? well, i have just ordered an alberan loaf and a desert plate meal. I think that will fill my stomach for a while, aye?"

The man who dares attack me, shall have pain and suffering beneath my blade. A man who touches me shall know what a beast I can be. Xun Darkwoe, Hunter of Thorns.

Your inner nature resides in your heart and your mind. If either of those are lost, everything that matters is no more
so orril miesefer
Sky Master
Approved Character

Elf, Injern Aellenrhim

« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2006, 12:04:23 PM »

With a smile in his face, Orril answers

"Just be sure you don't end sick... eat slowly and enjoy it. For my animals... meat, bones almost anything can be eaten, just spicy is a problem. Just ask Twen if she has some leftovers of the plate she will make you."

What's my magic? My treasure. What's my God? My freedom. My law? the strength and the wind. My mother country the sky So Orril Mis'fer, Sky master.

In this world the only thing that is always true is that everything changes, moves and tears apart, to latter return in a neverending dance inspired in the movement of wind. ~ So Orril Mis'fer, Sky Tower Apprentice
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]