Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: XIV: The Thirsty Herald: Firstflame  (Read 109922 times)
Twn Arerwn
Death's Mistress
Approved Character

Elf, Iferhm

« on: May 24, 2006, 10:26:23 AM »

Injr had just begun to cast its shimmering rays across Santharia. Flickering lights played over the floor in the main room of the Herald. A diminutive figure walked silently down the stairs from her quarters, the filtered light dancing through the shutters lending the large space a very homey feeling. Twen made her way to the front door opening it slowly, allowing the fresh morning breeze to wash away the scent of late night pipe smoking in the main hall.

The warm rays of early morning cast over the tiny elf as she rubbed her eyes in an attempt to focus them in the bright light. She wore a simple dress that had been made for her long ago by Ana, definitely a garment more suited to the desert than the bulky robes she often wore. The sleeves and the sides were made of light green linen. The rest of the dress was of a deep forest green with golden trim about the edges. The two colors of textile and the way the gown was made gave the illusion of wearing a cotte and surcoat but constructed of only one gown, it was far cooler and lighter than nearly anyone would believe. Her fair-haired curls were left free and cascaded to rest below her supple waist, their hue reminiscent of woven gold.

The sounds of the dwarfs pig in the stables brought a blissful smile to the ancient elfs delicate features. Grey eyes narrowed in mirth as she imagined herself but a farm girl waking to cook breakfast for her family. Though this illusion faded quickly as the smell of fresh bacon wafted over her from the kitchen, the elf could have sworn that she had been the first to rise. Laying her head against the door jam eyes closing delightfully as the mage attempted to return to the surreal feeling she had just lost, yet she knew patrons would soon be rising especially since breakfast was already in the works.

(`._he pe e pon the rowd ike a ragon, ncient and u o eath_.)

Edited by: Twen  Araerwen  at: 5/26/06 13:03

The spell fell upon the crowd like a dragon,
ancient and full of death.
AnaMirl Goodwill
Sleeping Innkeeper
Approved Character

Human, Stratania

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 08:27:23 PM »

AnaMirl woke up from a sleep, which had not been recreative. She was still somehow disorientated when sitting  up and swinging her legs out of the bed. She couldnt remember, how she had come to her bed. Then , suddenly, with a flash of memory - the Herald had been on fire yesterday - has it been yesterday? This strange black man and his beast were the reason for all this trouble.

She stood up and went to the window facing the Herald. Yes, it hadnt been a bad dream, the window frame was still broken and black traces of the fire could be seen. But it was still standing, she hadnt been sure of this, somehow.

In a corner, hurled together she saw Lori Lo sleeping, with a lot of food overlefts around her. Ana wondered, why this was so, it looks like Lori hadnt dared to go out of Anas room while she was sleeping (or had she been unconscious - Ana couldnt remember, what had happened to her) , which was strange, for she was quite a little brat fearing nothing. But perhaps the assault on her life was sitting deeper than she had expected.

Ana washed herself and dressed , braided her still dark brown , long hair and put it in a bun, then went decidedly at the door. Her head seemed clear, despite the bump she could still feel on her head and the lack of memory could be helped with asking the people in the tavern.

Injr had  just sent  her first rays over the horizon when she entered the tavern. The provisional window was already open and there was even a smell of breakfast coming out of the kitchen. Ana entered the Herald again, and it seemed to her as if ages have passed, though it was just - how long? Time to inquire - after a good breakfast!

To her surprise, she saw a familiar figure leaning at the kitchen door - could it be, yes it was Twen! It had been some time, that Twen had been in the Herald and Anamirl wondered, what had led her steps back to the tavern. She called her and went up to her, greeting her heartily.

Glad you are here Twen, the gods must have sent you, for I dont know, how long I was lying on my bed. You need to tell me later, why you are back. For now Im glad you are here, for though I thought my head is clear now, I feel again a throbbing and my stomach is very weak. I need something to eat first, before I can help you.

AnaMirl went into the kitchen to get a breakfast, for one of her strong opinions was, that all things are half as difficult to master with a good meal in the belly and she was sure, she would feel well again after that.  

Ana'Mirl Goodwill

Edited by: AnaMirl Goodwill at: 5/25/06 21:47

Malavon Despana
Wizard's Bane
Approved Character

Maelf , Helcrani Sanhorrhim

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 04:04:23 AM »

It was morning or at least Malavon taught as he awoke outside the Thirsty Herald , shaking his head , spoke to himself:

Malavon - By the gods ! How did i end here and whats the deal with this headache  ?
Last i remembered i was inside having some beer, and now i awoke here .

Touching to see if something was stolen , he breathe with relief noticing that nothing disapeared , turning around the same moment hearing some pig snorting , he mumbled :

Malavon - At least one thing remains the same , my bad luck !
I slept beside a pig , no matter let me get some breakfeast and then to think what to do .

He then walked to  the door , still a bit dizzy and oppened it .  

Ill give you a moment to comfort each others before I end your pathetic lives !!

Malavon The Mage Killer
so orril miesefer
Sky Master
Approved Character

Elf, Injern Aellenrhim

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 04:36:23 AM »

*Morning sun enter through the window, gentily awaking Orril, with a yawn he goes to the washroom and cleans his face, then he brushes his golden hair to put order in it. Orril goes to the stables, to find a man that's just awaking and his wolf and owl sleeping on the stal he leaved them the night before*

Morning, come on, we have a whole day in front.

* With this words Storm and Shadow awake slowly, wanting something to eat*

Huh... I only have some of this cakes... let me see if the lady can give us a good breakfast.

*Gives the few cakes to Shadow and Storm and returns with both to the Tavern, there he looks arround, then he goes to the elfess*

Dear lady, can you please give me an Aberan Loaf? and anything you can give to the poor souls of Shadow and Storm... they will hate me if I make them eat one more of those meatcakes I made...

*Orril then moves to one table close to the garden and waits for his breakfast, followed by Shadow and Storm... that look to the cat of the last night with mean eyes.*  

What's my magic? My treasure. What's my God? My freedom. My law? the strength and the wind. My mother country the sky So Orril Mis'fer, Sky master.

In this world the only thing that is always true is that everything changes, moves and tears apart, to latter return in a neverending dance inspired in the movement of wind. ~ So Orril Mis'fer, Sky Tower Apprentice
Phyth Glenfield
Mounted Mercenary
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 04:31:23 AM »

Phyth woke to see the first rays of sunlight shining through his window. He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and stretched his arms, only to realize that he slept with his armor on. He sat up and began to take it off, looking out at the stable through the window. Taking off the leather, he washed his face quickly, threw on his cloak, and pulled the hood over his head. Putting on his boots, he left his room and exited the tavern.

Phyth reached the stables and walked to a stall near the end, hearing a familiar neigh. As he watched Iago rise sleepily he began to feed her. After leaving some oats for her, he whispered a few words in her ear and left the stables.

As he entered the Herald, Phyth noticed a few patrons already there. He sniffed the air, smelling breakfast being cooked in the kitchen. He reached the bar and began to speak to the elf there.
"I'll have breakfast and a drink"
Phyth walked over to a table in the back corner and sat down, waiting to be served.

"No matter where you go, there you are..."
Buckaroo Banzai

Phyth Glenfield

Edited by: Phyth Glenfield  at: 5/25/06 0:48

Buckaroo Banzai

Phyth Glenfield
Malavon Despana
Wizard's Bane
Approved Character

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006, 07:09:23 AM »

Malavon looked around , smiling with his usual irony , he walked towards the bar only to find a beautifull elfess as a bartender and he taught to himself :

Malavon - Well , well , i cant remember much from last night , but one thing i do remember , this lovely maiden , too bad she is a mage .
Not that i would try anything with her , i only had one love in my life , my sweet Amelia .

With Amelia in his thoughts , his emerald  eyes became melancholic , and asked the elfess with a sad voice :

Malavon - Fair maiden , do you mind to get me something to eat and to drink, i leave the choice in your capable hands .

Going towards he saw a elf with blonde hair , looking closely , he walked to him and asked :

Malavon - Sorry to intrude my friend , do you mind if i sit down with you ?
I believe that one shouldnt be alone in this time and age.

Ill give you a moment to comfort each others before I end your pathetic lives !!

Malavon The Mage Killer
Thorgas Ironforge
Ironforge Pyromancer
Mini-mod

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2006, 09:50:23 AM »

*Injera's shine just went through the window of the room where Thorgas slept. Waking up, he looks outside the window, went to the bathroom, washed himself, brushed his hair and beard, and put on his clothes.*
A very beautiful day indeed! I am so blessed to be feeling Injera's touch on my skin. So warm!
*Putting on his mole-skin cloak, the symbol of a dwarven mage, wearing his green woolen hat, and covering his head with the cloak's hood, he went downstairs to the stable, his glimmering jewelled staff, Torosar, in his hands, to see if Buri slept well and refreshed for the morning. Passing the tables, he saw there are many patrons already.*
Hmm... This inn is doing well, being too close to the desert. It is a blessing for somebody travelling in the hot sands.
*Going straight to the stables, he saw Buri awake already, sitting on the hay like a baby, a very fat baby.*
A very good morning, Buri! Glad to know that you've slept well. Here are some tuberroots and carroots I found inside my pouch. I'll go inside and see if there is anything they can feed you today, maybe fruits and vegetables.
Oink!
*He watched as Buri sat down and ate the fruit, his usual method of enjoying food. Giving his pig a scratch on the belly, he went inside the tavern and sat down on a chair near the fireplace, his favorite place in the room. Thorgas took his pipe, lighted it, and proceeded smoking while waiting for the elven maiden to finish making breakfast.*
Sniff... Smells good. I wonder if they will have some Turborger Brown to go with that food.

Behold... Admire... Fear... and Wonder. Witness the fire burning in me... Burning... To Avenge.

The Ironforge Pyromancer

Edited by: Thorgas Ironforge at: 5/25/06 1:55

A weak mind is a deadly foe.
Thorgas Ironforge
Buri
Thorgas' theme song
Xun Darkwoe
Hunter of Thorns
Approved Character

Elf, Eophyrhim

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2006, 01:05:23 PM »

Waking up from the room he had, Xun thinks about food.

hmm, maybe i could order something, if i had the money. i know! i'll ask that wierd elf that had golden hair, he looked nice, he might give me some money.

Xun exits his room and goes to the table room. seeing the menu, he was really hungry for an alberan loaf. He looks around some more, and sees the elf he was talking about. he goes and sits by him and asks him for money, telling him how he wanted an alberan loaf, but he had no money.

The man who dares attack me, shall have pain and suffering beneath my blade. A man who touches me shall know what a beast I can be. Xun Darkwoe, Hunter of Thorns.

Your inner nature resides in your heart and your mind. If either of those are lost, everything that matters is no more
Twn Arerwn
Death's Mistress
Approved Character

Elf, Iferhm

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2006, 12:13:23 PM »

Smiling brightly as the main room began to fill with a flurry of activity, the elf cheerfully sauntered back into the main room, leaving the front door open. Listening intently to So Orrils request for his breakfast and that of his animals, Twen replied in a melodic voice. Sir I would be more than happy to get yee something, but this is not a place of charity so Ill be charging yee for your animals breakfast as well. Knowing that there would not be enough platters made yet for her to justify serving animals first, she decided on forfeiting her morning meal and just getting a light snack later.

Whirling to face the human, Phyth as he addressed her about a bite to eat for himself, a tiny hand brushed blonde curls from metallic grey eyes. Yes sir Ill be getting that right away for yee. The man did not mention a preference for what he wished, so breakfast of the day seemed appropriate. An attentive gaze followed the man to where he sat; she twisted away quickly after noting where he was seated. Almost bumping into Malavon as she did so, tiny hands come up to rest against him; this was the only action that kept her from running headlong into the warrior.

Oh! I am very sorry Sir.
Twens face only a few nailsbreadths distant from his before pushing herself back gingerly from the killer. Delicate nose cringed a bit from the unpleasant smell of alcohol, pig and sweat that he reeked of, this odor caused the mage to sweepback a pace more from Malavon. Fair-haired locks shimmered as she nodded to his request for breakfast, a radiant smile rolling across her delicate features as he left the order up for her to decide. Seems more than one patron is going to get my favorite for their morning meal. Itll be Fruzail Sweet Fruit sauce dripped over flaky bread. Just the thought of this delicious entre was enough to get her mouth watering. Coupled with sides of bacon and scrambled Taenish eggs complimented by some flavorful Tulimon grape juice to wash it down with sir. A low growl escaped from the tiny elfs stomach as the mere mention of such a breakfast began tormenting her.

Hurrying to the kitchen she began gathering plates of each persons order and placing them on a large platter for ease of carrying. Adding to this her own breakfast that she was giving to So Orril for his animals, the elf whined inaudibly as she did so, knowing that she was beginning to get extremely hungry. But she readily added a few extras to her own plate since the man had more than just one to feed.

Holding the platter in both hands she wandered back into the main room, noticing that Lady Ana had joined the crowd the elf smiled to her and nodded lightly before continuing to the Wind Mages table. Placing two plates and a glass of Tulimon grape juice down in front of him, she winked at him eyeing the heaping plate that was to be her own. There are no scraps for your animals this early in the morning sir, so the total shall be 12 sans. She waited patiently, accepting the money from the elf before continuing on to Phyths table.

Setting out a healthy serving of Fruzail sweet fruit sauce dripped over light flaky bread with two sides, one of bacon and the other scrambled Taenish eggs. A medium sized glass of Tulimon grape juice completing the feast. That would be 6 san sir. A sandaled foot tapped nervously upon the wooden floor as she awaited payment, humans more often than not made the reclusive elf a bit tense.  Placing the payment from the man alongside So Orrils on the large platter prior to addressing Phyth courteously. Enjoy your breakfast sir, it happens to be my own favorite. A glee filled grin washed over the maidens subtle features, before she made her way to stand alongside So Orril.

This positioned the table between Twen and Malavon, helping her to not get a waif of the stench from the man, leftover from his revelries of the night before. Standing across the table from him she splayed out a healthy serving of Fruzail sweet fruit sauce dripped over light flaky bread with two sides, one of bacon and the other scrambled Taenish eggs. A medium sized glass of Tulimon grape juice completing the mans order. Once again she placed stray curls behind each of her pointy ears then addressed the killer lightly. It is 6 san sir. Hands moved down to brush over the front of her thighs, a nervous habit especially in large crowds. Accepting the payment a cheerful smirk spread over the elfs supple lips as she gathered up the platter and moved on.

Strolling to Thorgass table the elf reserved a bit of distance from the dwarf, seeing that they can be dangerous like orcs at times, particularly when hung-over. Staring into the fireplace the iridescent flames shimmered over the opaque surface of her ancient elven eyes. Contentment began to fill her soul as she envisioned the numerous times she had seen the beauty within such fires and felt their power dance across her psyche. Snapping out of her daydream yet leaving her unwavering eyes upon the fires she addressed the dwarf. What would yee be liking for breakfast MLord?

(`._he pe e pon the rowd ike a ragon, ncient and u o eath_.)

Edited by: Twen  Araerwen  at: 5/25/06 5:44

The spell fell upon the crowd like a dragon,
ancient and full of death.
so orril miesefer
Sky Master
Approved Character

Elf, Injern Aellenrhim

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2006, 02:12:23 PM »

OOC: I'm not quiet sure, but if my reading was good (I read three times), Twen gave her breakfast to my animals!? hence the two plates. Then, I'm not sure, but Malavon sat with a gold haired elf... me? and then Xun... I think the only two posts that I understood completily was Xun's and Thorgas'. If I misunderstood, tell me so I change my post...

*As a bad smeling guy sat close to him, Orril prayed for first time, so the guy persieve his smell... wasn't a very bad idea to give him a little "trick" but no, no since the last night yelling of the beauty maiden, so he calmed himself and says*

Hmmm... Don't want to be mean or rude with ya, but you don't smell... very well... you can wash yourself upstairs, in the washroom...

*Then came the maiden and delivered two plates, paying for the two plates, and looking at Xun's hungry face Orril couldn't resist and says*

Well... Shadow, Storm, you'll have to wait a bit... *Shadow growls but does no more, while Storm flaps her wings on Orril's head* Ok, I'll give you something else... but you know is under your own risk.

*Orril brings the little pouch and grabs two little smoked fishes, and gives them to his familiars that start to eat them and finish fast. Then takes the loaf and say*

Take it, I'll eat the other plate.

What's my magic? My treasure. What's my God? My freedom. My law? the strength and the wind. My mother country the sky So Orril Mis'fer, Sky master.

In this world the only thing that is always true is that everything changes, moves and tears apart, to latter return in a neverending dance inspired in the movement of wind. ~ So Orril Mis'fer, Sky Tower Apprentice
Thorgas Ironforge
Ironforge Pyromancer
Mini-mod

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2006, 10:20:23 PM »

*Thorgas turns to the barmaid, who seems to be backing away from him, as if afraid of something. Ignoring this, he said:*
Hmm? Oh yes, I'll have the specialty for today and 3 mugs of your Turborger Brown, please. Oh, and anything that can satisfy my pig's hunger would be nice, too, anything of your choice, m'lady.
*After saying this, he reclined in his chair, relaxed, and puffed away at his pipe, contently reminiscing about the days of his youth and the flames dancing happily on the fireplace.*

Behold... Admire... Fear... and Wonder. Witness the fire burning in me... Burning... To Avenge.

The Ironforge Pyromancer

A weak mind is a deadly foe.
Thorgas Ironforge
Buri
Thorgas' theme song
Gamaliel Ironforge
Ironforge Paladin
Approved Character

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2006, 10:40:23 PM »

*A stout, muscular dwarf with a cave bat on his shoulder entered the tavern just as breakfast is being served. He looked at the place and noticed that it looks comfortable.*
Well, a nice place, looks tight as a drum, too.
Squeak.
I'll get some fruit for you, but better wait first until the hostess is done with everybody's meal.
*Gamaliel makes his way to the fireplace to get warm after travelling in the cold morning weather. As he came near the place he saw a female elf and a dwarf. He didn't pay any particular attention to the elf, but for some reason he recognizes the dwarf with whom the barmaid is talking to.*
By Urtengor's Hammer! Thorgas! Brother! I've been searching for you ever since you went to Ximax! Why didn't you go home? didn't you know that I was worried about you?
*His glee suddenly turned to embarrasment when he saw the elf standing there. Turning to the elf, he said:*
I'm so sorry for being so rude, m'lady. But my brother and I have been seperated for quite a long time, and haven't heard from each other for quite some time. Please add an additional breakfast meal of the day to the previous request of my brother, and a mug of Turborger Brown beer. My thanks, and apologies, again.
Squeak.
*Turning to Thorgas, he said:*
Any reasons as to why you didn't come home? You heartless pig! We had an agreement that you'll come home after your studies!

Swinging my axe once is murder; twice is nicer.

Swinging my axe once is murder, but twice is nicer.
The Ironforge Paladin
Malavon Despana
Wizard's Bane
Approved Character

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2006, 01:01:23 AM »

Malavon just smilled as the elf reminded him that his odor was nothing less that revolting , putting down his plate in the table he answered :

Malavon - Aye my friend , no offence taken , ill be right back.

He then walked to the washroom and cleaned himself , looking to the mirror after the bath , he whispered :

Malavon - Aye , much better , now I appear more of a person .

Descending the stairs he walked again to the elf and asked :

Malavon - And now my friend ? Do you mind if i seat ?

Edited by: Malavon Despana at: 5/25/06 17:06

Malavon The Mage Killer
Phyth Glenfield
Mounted Mercenary
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2006, 02:09:23 AM »

Phyth accepted his meal gladly and gave his money to the elf. Having not eaten a decent meal in over a week, he had to remind himself not to eat fast. The food smelled good, and tasted even better. He stretched his sore and tired legs out while he watched a dwarf with a bat enter the tavern. Wonderful, he thought, I thought the pig was bad enough. It better not fly near me, or it might get shot...

He watched the dwarf walk over to the one by the fire. He tried to hear what they were saying, but they were across from his bad ear. Taking a look at the rest of the patrons, he studied them, wondering if any would hire him.

Taking a drink of his grape juice, he quit watching the tavern's patrons and turned his attention back to his food.

Buckaroo Banzai

Phyth Glenfield

Buckaroo Banzai

Phyth Glenfield
AnaMirl Goodwill
Sleeping Innkeeper
Approved Character

Human, Stratania

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2006, 06:06:23 AM »

Despite a good breakfast, Ana was still not feeling well. And so, instead of helping Twen with serving the breakfast, she just went out to have a look at the new guests. She was just curious, which strange people would have arrived during her blackout.
She knew none of the new customers, so she nodded only to them and took a place in the back of the tavern, to watch them all. Strange people where here - more than what would she count under normal folk. A dwarf, a blond-locked elf , a dark haired elf and a human. And then a second dwarf arrived, and another warrior! More other races than humans, and this in a area, where no elves and dwarves were residing.
After some time, her head began to hurt again, she decided to go outside -  maybe the fresh air would help - and to wake Lori Lo. Maybe she could be a help for Twen, if she was definitely not yet her old self  again .

Ana'Mirl Goodwill

Edited by: AnaMirl Goodwill at: 5/27/06 23:21

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]