Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Thirsty Herald XV: Day 3 Firstflame  (Read 206733 times)
Céyehne
Simple Shadow
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #1575 on: November 28, 2007, 10:55:49 AM »

As the dog followed, Céyehne smiled gently and watched it pull itself up onto the table's level and then at the two ladies standing there. Céyehne was now aware of two things. The dog was indeed a male, and it seemed to be hungry. So that's what the poor animal wanted! A gleam in her eye, Céyehne knew the animals were certainly smarter than any she herself had come across. However, the elfess must be quite used to it all, seeing as she had a furry companion of her own.

Rolling her large blue eyes, Céyehne looked apologetically at the elfess as she said, "O' alrigh'.." and made her way to the bar, where the two men conversed and seemed to be playing some game of dice. Speaking in her soft, melodic voice to the barman again, Céyehne felt for her fat purse with nimble fingers, opening it and pulling out what she deemed to be enough coin. To the bartender, she said, "Me frien's seem t' hav' growlin' stomachs... do ye hav' some meat t' spare 'em?" As the man nodded and headed into the kitchen, Céyehne peered down the bar at the men's amusement, although their gaze seemed to be fixed elsewhere.

Three dice lay on the countertop. Céyehne, in all her time and travels through taverns like the Herald knew many a drinking game, as well as much about gambling and dice. These, however, she had not seen, or at least not for a while. Being one drawn to entertainment and delight, Céyehne was quite interested in the game the men were playing, and found herself absentmindedly placing the plate of meat on the ground whilst taking a step forward to hear the instructions of play more clearly. Realizing her eavesdropping, as well as the danger in doing so against hearing of private matters, Céyehne's xazure eyes grew wider at her obliviousness to her own safety in such a place. Shaking a her pale head, Céyehne tore her eyes away from the scene and thanked the barman before crouching low near the plate, wanting to be sure the animals ate their fill.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 12:18:22 PM by Céyehne » Logged

cry me a future where the revelations run amok.
Céyehne
Kaldez’Yadra
The Searcher
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #1576 on: November 28, 2007, 11:33:39 AM »

Kaldez groaned as he sat up finally, i've ben laying here for quite awhile 'bout time i could sit up As he stood up Kaldez rotated both his arms and stretched, he thought about practicing his motions but decided against it when he thought about the time again and his stomach protested loudly Hmmm i wonder what i should eat, i am quite hungary, i hope i will get a chance to tank lady Cherri latter. Kaldez quickly dressed in his black breeches and longsleaved shirt, leaving his cape and scarf on a chair, he looked at his swords for a moment but decided to leave them where they were but placed his seastars about his body, he checked his coin purse which he kept on the inside of his shirt to make sure it was still there and headed out the door yawning, he looked inside a room with a lot of people but decided against getting mixed up in whatever was happening What a mess, besides i think i would get in the way.

As he entered the main room from the stairway he looked around at the patrons not many in here this morning, i can probably get my food faster. he approached the bar standing a little ways away form a couple of men who were talking about what appeared to be three dice and a woman who was kneeling beside two animals wiht a plate of meat She's the third Kasumarii besides myself i have seen since i entered this tavern last night, and not one of them male besides myself kaldez chuckled quiteley to himself as he thought about how odd he found that, before now he hadn't really thought about why others would come here from Cyahalloi.

Kaldez got the bartenders attention and ordered Roast Taenish with Forcebread Stuffing and a pitcher of Tulimon grape juice, he pulled out the proper amount of sans as the bartender told him the price and stood waiting for his meal, he looked again at the women knelt down with the animals, a cat and a dog Kaldez thought. "Are those two your's miss?" Kaldez said to the women gesturing towards the animals What a stupid question, why would she be feeding them if they were not hers. then agian there was that cat wandering aorund last night, i don't believe he was anyones
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 05:53:22 AM by Kaldez’Yadra » Logged

Nothing is impossible for impossibility is impossible- Kaldez'Yadra
Nyxthia Calfuray
Inquisitive Regenade
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #1577 on: November 28, 2007, 07:07:07 PM »

Nyxthia looked around at the noisy tavern. It was far from where she expected to end up, of course, but she enjoyed straying off the path. There were plenty of people; elves, humans, even an orc! Her mind started to work, the cogs grinding smoothly. Maybe I could ask him where would be a good place to explore! Nyxthia was always on the lookout for a potential mapmaking expedition. A thump suddenly came from behind her, a little tremor following it immediately.

"Ah, Glacier," Nyxie said crossly. "Be quiet, people are staring." His almond eyes looked at her, unreadable as always. Sighing, she patted his thick fur before making her way to the bar. A little dice game was being held, a Centoraurian explaining the rules to his companion, but she looked past it, and at the barkeep. She took a free seat and drew out a few coins. "Could I please have a drink? Anything you'd recommend," she requested.

Aminah
Muddled Mindsoother
Approved Character

Human, Azhorhrian

« Reply #1578 on: November 28, 2007, 07:39:40 PM »

Up in the poor elf’s sickroom things were still slowly progressing…

“Now my Lady, we have made good progress but we will need to work fast to close the wound. I will begin the sewing when you are ready,”   Ami watched the pale-skinned elfess slowly and carefully remove her hands from the wound, and the blood began to gradually seep out once more.  However the flow was not quite the pumping gush it had been before.  Did that mean the ointment had worked, or just indicate a loss of blood?  From his pale complexion, Ami guessed the later was at least partly to blame.

“Aminah,”Benedict said looking over at the woman assisting them, ”we will need more of the Yahrle ointment to put over the stitching, please be ready with it when we need it.”

Ami nodded to the confident-seeming man, then, realising he had already turned back to what he was doing, confirmed her readiness with a simple “Yes sir”.  She picked up the half-full pot and stood, waiting intently for her tiny part.  As the elfess had now stepped back a little to allow the man some light for the delicate task her was about to perform, the young woman had a brilliant view of the process.   Between wiping the blood away from the wound, he began to pass the needle through the delicate skin, forming tight, neat stitches.  Ami noticed how he carefully arranged the flesh as he went, easing it back into its original position as much as possible.  How many times had he done this operation?  Something was bothering him she thought, but maybe it was simply the number of eyes fixed on his deft hands?

As soon as he indicated that he wanted the ointment, Ami passed it over.  She watched him smear it liberally across the surface of the wound, and saw how the bleeding slowed further too.  Good.  If he didn’t loose any more blood, he should still have a fighting chance she thought.  He would still be in a lot of pain when he woke, but hopefully she would be able to do something about that herself.  Her stomach squirmed at the thought of performing in front of the crowd of concerned patrons.  But then, why should they stay around to watch him sleep? There was little they could do now except watch him to make sure he didn’t get worse, and it did not need the attentions of quite so many people.  Ami gathered her thoughts, wanting to make her sentence clear.

“If there is nothing else to be doing, I would not mind watching this elf in order to make sure he does not get worse.”   Her large copper eyes drifted around the faces of the crowd.  “Long ago I helped my mother with her patients, so I will know if he needs a healer again I think.”
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 07:40:30 PM by Aminah » Logged

Tiras The White Rose
The White Rose
Approved Character

Human , Male ,Erpheronian

« Reply #1579 on: November 29, 2007, 04:21:41 AM »

A thin smille filled Tiras lips , "Indeed friend , I must confess my attention is always on the fairer sex ...
It seems that lovely lady with the animals is quite interested on our little game .."
Tiras cut his speech when a man aproached her , and nodding his shoulders , Tiras continued " But like all beatifull women there is a man chasing her , no ? "Tiras chuckled " But let us return to our game , I believe i have unterstand the rules , but why don´t you throw the dice first so I can see first hand how a true expert plays ..."
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 06:33:39 AM by Tiras The White Rose » Logged

“My crime? It is a serious one -- you see, I am too handsome to look upon.”
<a href="http://www.santharia.com/adv/index.php?topic=815.msg27340#msg27340 target="top">Tiras The White Rose[/url]
Torscha
Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #1580 on: November 29, 2007, 06:30:43 AM »

Torscha spread his hands self-deprecatingly; a flourish produced the dice, between the fingers of one spread hand, showing a perfect Seyella's Gift. "There's no such thing as an expert, friend. Only those who, for the moment, enjoy the Lady's favour. But you are an experienced hand at courtship, are you not? Perhaps you will win her heart from me, today. That would be a good omen for your further conquests, would it not?" He leaned forward, a sharp smile lighting up his features. "I have a most delicious idea. Shall we raise the stakes a trifle? If I win this throw... how about you tell me a story, and you also have to owe me a drink. A drink I am going to propose buying for the most lovely lady who so caught your eye. And if you win, I'll do the same for you, and you can woo her with a tale that I guarantee will win her attention, if not her heart, and a glass of the finest wine this inn can provide. How about it?"

OOC: Although I've already won this roll, in the interest of fairness I'll wait to see if Tiras is going to agree to this change of stakes before actually displaying my roll. Tiras, if you agree, I'll roll again.

Twén Aråerwén
Death's Mistress
Approved Character

Elf, Ifer’hém

« Reply #1581 on: November 29, 2007, 07:26:44 AM »

Injérà had already cast its shimmering rays across Santharia. Flickering lights played over the floor in the main room of the Herald. A diminutive figure walked silently down the stairs from her quarters, the filtered light dancing through the shutters lending the large space a very homey feeling. Twen sauntered to the front door opening it leisurely, allowing the fresh dawn breeze to wash away the aroma of late night pipe smoking in the main hall.

The rays of early morning radiated over the tiny elf as she rubbed almond-shaped eyes in an attempt to focus them in the bright light. The mage sported a simple dress that had been made for her long ago by Ana, unquestionably a garment more suited to the desert than the bulky robes she often wore. The sleeves and sides were made of light green linen. The rest was of a profound forest green hue with golden trim about the edges. The two colors of textile and the way the gown was made gave the illusion of wearing a cotte and surcoat but constructed of only one garment. It was far cooler and lighter than most anyone would believe. Fair-haired curls were left free and cascaded to respite below her supple waist, their shade reminiscent of woven gold.

The sound of horses in the stable brought a delightful grin to the ancient elf’s delicate features. Grey eyes narrowed in mirth as she imagined herself but a farm girl waking to cook breakfast for her family. Although this illusion faded swiftly as the odor of fresh bacon wafted over her from the kitchen, the elfess could not believe she had slept in so late. Twen laid her head against the door jam, eyes closed charmingly as the mage attempted to return to the surreal feeling she had just lost. Yet she knew there was much to be done, the main room had already filled, surprisingly so, for such an early hour.

The magess smiled brightly, pearly whites gleaming in unison with metallic grey eyes. Cheerfully she sauntered back into the main room, leaving the front door open. Twen listened intently to the exchange taking place between Torscha and his gambling partner. An attentive gaze fell upon the mature lady standing near them; she was new to the Tavern, at least to the magess’s recollection. The Centoraurian appeared lost in the game of chance; the mage casting him a casual wave, though she doubted he noticed. Unwavering eyes never left the Kar’ii standing near the two men. She appears to be near Tor’s age, do they know one another?

Fair-haired locks shimmered as she nodded towards Céyehne in passing. A radiant smile rolled over Twen’s sharp features after making her way into the kitchen. Addressing the cook nonchalantly, she ordered her own breakfast, the orc grunted lightly as the melodic words rolled over the ancient elf’s supple lips. “I’ll have Fruzail sweet fruit sauce dripped over flaky bread.” Just the thought of this delicious entrée was enough to get her mouth watering. “With a side of bacon and scrambled Taenish eggs, I’ll get my drink on my way out.” A low growl escaped from the tiny elf’s stomach as the mere mention of such a breakfast began tormenting her.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 07:29:53 AM by Twén Aråerwén » Logged

•º•The spell fell upon the crowd like a dragon, •º•
•º•ancient and full of death.•º•
_.·´¯) Twén Aråerwén's CD(¯`·._
Torscha
Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #1582 on: November 29, 2007, 07:51:06 AM »

A familiar voice greeted his ears as he waited for Tiras' response; the other seemed to be fixating on the woman, not that Torscha could blame him, and he suspected that the raised stakes were giving him pause for thought. The dandy was obviously not eager to have the storyteller muscle in on his territory. Not that I would have much luck with that, Torscha thought ruefully.

He glanced over his shoulder, and broke out into an involuntarily smile. He considered going up to the elf to re-establish an acquaintance left hanging a long time ago, but found himself as paralysed with indecision as Tiras. The comparison made him chuckle to himself. Surely I am no professional skirt-chaser. Nor would I be particularly successful at it, to tell the truth.

Considering the dice that lay warm in his hands, Torscha remembered the game he'd won them in. It had been just one of many games... or had it? Was there actually such a thing as a game of chance that had no significance, no consequence? And what was life, but an ongoing game of chance? The bones thrown out on the board one's own, tumbling from place to place?

With his thumb he flicked Seyella's die high in the air, snagging an empty clay cup from off the counter. With an adroit movement of his wrist, he had tossed the cup into the air after the die. He caught the cup as it descended and slammed it onto the countertop. The storyteller composed a brief prayer to the goddess before removing the cup; just because Luck was fickle does not mean it cannot be wooed. He moved the cup away.

The die showed blue. Chevalier's luck. As you will it, Lady.

Overcome with high spirits, Torscha roared over his shoulder, "Pint of the brown, girl! And give it wings! There aer thirsty men out here dying for want of a sweet lady's attention!"

He winked at Tiras. "It just occurred to me that a toast to success will not be totally amiss. This one, I'll cover myself." The few san in his belt pouch clinked sadly as he shifted his weight, but with any luck – and who had as much as Torscha the traveller? – there would be other ways of paying.

Nyxthia Calfuray
Inquisitive Regenade
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #1583 on: November 29, 2007, 11:10:17 AM »

As the barkeep poured some wine for her, Nyxthia's gaze was drawn to the dice game. The Centourian seemed engrossed, but his companion, a well groomed Erpheronian, was more intent on gazing at a certain human, one with a dog. A small smile crossed Nyxthia's face. She liked animals, no doubt about that, but she was more fond of bigger ones.

Glacier, on the other hand, was staring at the food with hungry eyes. Oh, yes, he liked fruits, but sometimes, meat was also tasty. And although he just ate, more food is always good, is it not? The smell of the thick chunk of meat wafted through the air, reaching Glacier's nostrils even through the myraid of other smells hanging in the surrounding atmosphere.

As soon as Nyxthia's back was turned, Glacier pushed himself up, and lumbered over to the human and the meat. He thrust out a paw, and bumped her lightly, his claw pointing at the food. A little grunt, and then he sat down heavily, hoping that she would get the message.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 11:24:10 AM by Nyxthia Calfuray » Logged

Garret Arroway
The Wolfling
Mini-mod

Human, Kyranian

« Reply #1584 on: November 29, 2007, 11:43:23 AM »

When they were done Garret stood and stretched. He had been kneeling next to the bed, making sure the unconscious elf didn't try to move much while they were sewing up his leg. Once they had finished tending the injured man it seemed like there was little else for him to do. Another had already volunteered to watch the elf and Garret was more than glad to let them. Garret grabed his sword from where it leaned against the wall an strapped in back around he waist. Then he walked over to the fire place where Shadowfoot lay, watching a cat, and reached down to ruffle the animals fur. Taking that as a signal the great silver wolf stood, and stretched a bit before following Garret. He couldn't help but grin at the almost human characteristics of the wolf as he walked over to the woman that was staying with the elf. The young fighter glanced down at the pale elf once before looking back at the woman, who he recalled introduced herself as Aminah.

"If you need a break later today come find me," Garret said simply, ever the fighter ready to take his turn at watch, "I can watch him for a bit if need be if he hasn't woken by then."

With that he turned toward the door, Shadowfoot right beside him. It was still early thought it had seemed like they had been in that room for hours. He was surprised to find the common room had filled up. There was a wide array of people and animals: elves, humans, an orc, a cat, a dog, a fox, and a bear. The last shocked him a bit and he had to look again to believe that a great black bear sat near the bar.

Beside him Shadowfoot growled deep in his throat and had lowered himself closer to the ground. Garret knelt next to the wolf and tried to calm him down. They were right in front of the staircase and Garret knew others would be coming down soon so he hurried as much as he could. A few reassuring pats and quietly whispered words calmed the wolf and they were once again up and moving. The sliver animal padding along next to him still kept a watchful eye on the bear.

He moved over to the bar, ordering a mug ale and plate of what ever meat they had. As Garret pulled the coins out of his pouch to pay he watched with interest as two men sat playing dice. When his food and drink arrived, he turned his attention away and paid the bartender. Garret tore off a chunk of meat and handed it down to Shadowfoot as he lifted his mug and took a drink. The wolf lay down on the floor, taking his time on the strip of meat, while Garret looked over the common room. His grey eyes alight as the wondered what he would do next. 
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 06:31:06 AM by Garret Arroway » Logged

Before you kill him, think of what you take from him. Remember what it is to be alive.
Quote: Robin Hobb
Céyehne
Simple Shadow
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #1585 on: November 29, 2007, 11:48:06 AM »

While Céyehne knelt there, waiting for the dog to come to her and chew up the meat, a white-haired man approached her. He seemed to be asking if the animals were her own. Céyehne shook her head, pale locks swishing from side to side across her pale face. The man must be Kasumarii as well, she thought as she eyed him carefully. She opened her mouth to answer, but the door of the Tavern opened to reveal a young raven haired woman and her... well, what looked to be her bear. Xazure eyes widening, Céyehne's body twisted awkwardly to look towards the door in her lowly position.

Always aware of her surroundings, especially in a new place, Céyehne followed the girl and her "pet" to the bar and listened curiously as she spoke, neck craning upward as she was still kneeling. Soon, her head jerked in another direction as an elf made her way down the stairs from what Céyehne assumed to be the Herald's housing. She exited the Tavern almost immediately, seeming to take no notice of the patrons, but soon entered again looking as cheerful as ever. Standing fully upright again, Céyehne's full lips upturned in a smile as the elfess gave her a polite nod in returning to the bar and speaking quietly to its tender. Again Céyehne turned to address the young Kar-ii before her, but to her surprise and dislike, she was bumped by something.

Turning her lithe, iridescent frame to look and see, Céyehne saw before her a great black bear. Blue eyes widening in fright, Céyehne's mouth was already taught with concentration as she gathered her will and prepared to call the shadows about her. Threatened by a bear! And why was there a bear in the tavern in the first place? Could this truly be safe for anyone? Fretting over these, and many other unkind thoughts, Céyehne's fingers began to twitch at her side as her arms itched to begin their patterned movements. However, her mind flashed to the meat on the ground, and the fact that it had been a minute or two and the bear still sat calmly gazing at her.

Was it asking for the meat? Relaxing a bit, the light at Céyehne's feet seemed to flicker and settle as her panic diminished. Looking past the bear now to it's owner, Céyehne's blue eyes were bright with questioning.  Using a foot to scoot the plate of meat slightly behind her, she said, "Dis yer bear, lass?" Her smooth, soft voice had an unusual edge to it. Céyehne was a simple woman.  She loved to laugh, dance, and entertain, but would ususally be the first to leave the Tavern after her coin was gathered. The crowds and the attention she received wasn't at all desireable, and the Tavern seemed especially crowded this morn.

Céyehne
Nyxthia Calfuray
Inquisitive Regenade
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #1586 on: November 29, 2007, 12:35:51 PM »

Nyxthia was sipping her wine, blissfully ignorant about what Glacier had done, or rather, tried to do. She was pondering over what she should do next, while waiting for her meal. Should I continue exploring? Or stay here? I do need a break. The sides of her mouth quirked up slightly at the irony of the situation. Most people would take travelling as a break, not the other way around!

Her mostly useless thoughts were interrupted by a soft voice. "Dis yer bear, lass?" EH? Nyxthia twisted her head so fast she got a crick. "Ouch..." she muttered as she massaged her neck. "Galacier!" she said, sternly. "What do you think you are doing?"

Glacier turned his big bear eyes towards her. It seemed to say, "I've done nothing wrong!" Violet eyes met almond ones and a brief staring competition ensued, before he admitted defeat. He pushed himself up, strong paws supporting his wide girth as he padded over to lie by Nyxthia's side.

Nyxthia quicky used her fork and speared the steak that she had ordered, and handed it to Glacier. Hopping off her stool, she stood in front of the human lady, and bowed, a sign of respect to her elder and a gesture of apology. "I deeply apologise for my bear. He is sometimes a... glutton," at this she threw a significant glance at Galacier, who was still happily munching on his steak, "but he means no harm. I do hope you won't take offense, he's just a bear, after all. A bear with no manners." She emphasised the last phrase, expecting Galacier to understand the hidden meanings.

Galacier looked up from his meal at the mention of manners. Sure, Nyxie, I have then. I just don't use them, he thought, giving her a small snort before returning to his feasting.

Aura and Tommy
Cuddly Duo
Approved Character

Wilderon Cat / Jhomcholan Diver

« Reply #1587 on: November 29, 2007, 08:10:04 PM »

He'd been looking at the fox for only a moment, but it seemed that the woman had gotten something for him to eat in that moment, and that another animal was out to get it. With a bark and a few strides he was across the room, defending his property. In the end, though, it wasn't necessary to do so, the bear had stopped his intent stare at Tommy's meat. Satisfied, the dog dug his black nose into it and ate to his heart's content. Ah, much better. Much, much better. No more hunger! Good, and now to get someone to pet him, maybe? Or perhaps get some sleep... Hmm, choices choices.

He was still delibareting which course of action he would take, when he was completely distracted. Someone was coming down the stairs. Slowly, but a little faster every second, Tommy's tail began to wag. Then he barked excitedly and ran towards the animal that had come with the human. It had been eating too, but now was watching the room. Or, more importantly, the wolf was watching him, he thought. The closer he came to the wolf, the lower his body came to the ground, until finally he stopped close to the animal, rolled on his back and gave an excited little whimper. He licked upwards. His eyes pleaded to the wolf Play with me! Please please play with me! Then he was on all fours again, and ran off to the other side of the common room and towards the door, looking back to see if the wolf was going to play with him and chase him.

Yurie Yileen
Walker of Dreams
Mini-mod

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #1588 on: November 30, 2007, 12:56:05 AM »

Yurie watched as Cherri removed her hands from the wound.  Fortunately, the bleeding had slowed down now.  Then, with surprising skill and swiftness, Benedict nimbly stitched the flesh back together.

When the stitching was finished, Aminah's hesitant voice said, "If there is nothing else to be doing, I would not mind watching this elf in order to make sure he does not get worse.  Long ago I helped my mother with her patients, so I will know if he needs a healer again I think.”

Well, that suits me fine!  Yurie thought to himself.  The pungent smell in the stuffy room was making him feel a little light headed.  He looked over to the fireplace, where his spear was still resting, propped against the wall.

As he crossed the room to retrieve his spear, Yurie took a closer look at the freshly treated wound.  It was still red and angry, but much better and cleaner than it had been previously.

After taking his spear back into his right hand, Yurie noticed that Garret and his wolf had already left.  Wow!  He moves quick!

With the familiarly smooth wooden shaft of his spear in his hand, Yurie became aware that his shoulder felt unusually light.  His eyes instinctively glanced up to the shadowy space above the door.  Yep, he was still lurking there!  Probably waiting for everybody to leave so that he could have a peck at the poor elf's leg!

That thought made Yurie realise that he hadn't eaten anything yet, and the empty feeling in his stomach came flashing back into his awareness. Hmm, guess I oughta go and get something hot inside me!

Turning to Krinaia, Yurie said in a bright voice,

"Say, sister, have you eaten yet?  How 'bout I buy you breakfast?  I don't know about you, but all this worrying has given me a mighty hunger!"

Céyehne
Simple Shadow
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #1589 on: November 30, 2007, 06:00:45 AM »

The girl's head whipped around so fast Céyehne almost recoiled. Damn, she was jumpy today. Listening to the woman speak, eyes moving from her to the beast and back to the human, Céyehne relaxed completely. She seemed to sense a love and companionship between the two. It was comforting that the girl seemed to love her pet so much, and from the look the bear gave her as she offered him her own food, Céyehne knew the bear understood her reprimands. Curious, she thought, staring a confused stare at the odd pair. However, it was hardly a matter of her own anymore. Hearing paws on the floor beneath her,  and the lapping of a pink tongue, Céyehne glanced down to see the dog chewing delightfully on the meat at her feet. Smiling a gentle smile as he licked his chops and scampered away, she felt as though she had done a good service. Looking upward briefly, Céyehne thanked Korenjah again for her gift, hoping that she could give as much pleasure to those around her, including the animals of their world.

Leveling a soft gaze on the raven-haired woman, Céyehne gave her a bright smile and grabbed for her purse. "Not t' worry, he ain't done no harm." Stepping up to the bar beside the two playing dice, she ordered two of the meal the woman had been enjoying, and easily gave up for the bear. Sidling up beside the woman, Céyehne took an empty seat at the bar and patted the seat beside her, "Now back t' breakfast, lass. How'd ye come by a bear?" Céyehne waited for the meals to be prepared and the girl's answer, her head turning to look at the dice game beside her on the bar. She eyed the dice, thinking hard at the game and it's outcome. Suddenly, one player let out a bellow and Céyehne smiled. And we have a winner. she thought ruefully, watching the plates placed before her at the bar and smiling at her new, and strange, acquaintance.

Céyehne
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 30, 2021, 06:05:42 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]