Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Thirsty Herald OOC XV, Day 3, Firstflame  (Read 200544 times)
Twn Arerwn
Death's Mistress
Approved Character

Elf, Iferhm

« Reply #2040 on: November 29, 2007, 06:03:54 AM »

Hello everyone and sorry for my semi-late greeting. My wonderful co-mod seems like she has everyone on the right path. I am going to keep trying to clean things up around here a bit and see if I can get a few developers involved in bringing us some surprises.

One thing I have noticed is .... Cherri left just as she was moving towards a new day. This actually makes the title of the story a day behind. Would you all prefer to continue in the present thread .... though inaccurate? Or open a new thread, as it should've been at the rise of Injera? Since there are posts already contained in the present thread, I'll leave it upto the players. Irregardless of how we do this .... it will be awkward for a moment or inaccurate.
~Sincerely~
Co cr'tuulens:Twen Araerwen

Edit: One thing many of you will find out about me is I am a fanatic when it comes to proper grammar, or proper for the character. Since most players come to The Herald as their first story experience. I humbly request the more experienced players to assist them if you can. With that said I will start it off on the right foot .... Tiras dear, please return to your post and use proper capitalization. "I" is "I" not "i". Using proper grammar will attract more inquisitive looks hun, I am sure your character wouldn't mind that much  ;).
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 06:20:52 AM by Twn Arerwn » Logged

The spell fell upon the crowd like a dragon,
ancient and full of death.
Torscha
Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #2041 on: November 29, 2007, 06:20:34 AM »

Well, I just got here, so from a purely selfish point of view I'd like to see the story continue as it is instead of skipping forward a day.

And it's not cards, Twn dearest, it's dice. Cards are for cads, sharps, scoundrels, and full-sleeved conjurors. I don't look like any of those, do I? Dice are for good, honest men who want some amusement, who pay tribute to the whimsies of Seyella.

I'd reply to Tiras, but does anyone have any idea how these things are actually settled? I assume there isn't actually a mechanic in the forum that will allow us to throw visible dice. So how do we decide what the dice come up to? Saying that my character throws a perfect Seyella's gift all the time is tantamount to making Uber McSwordMan whose sword-arm JUST CANNOT MISS.

I hesitate to offer a solution myself, but www.invisiblecastle.com does provide a verifiable dice-rolling mechanic. Their rolling mechanic looks like this. What I suggest is entering a name, like "troll&paladin1", and then choosing to roll "3d6" in the "Dice" box.

Let us, for this example, assume that the first die to show is the Paladin, the second is the Troll, and the third is Seyella. Deciding between Paladin and Troll is easily, as their rolls are won by numerical superiority. Seyella is a bit trickier: let us for the purpose of this exercise assume that if Seyella comes up 1-3 she's on the side of the Paladin, and if 4-6 she's on the side of the Troll. Of course, Seyella's roll only matters if both Troll and Paladin come up with the same number.

Therefore a roll of 3d6 (three six-sided dice) that produces [6, 1, 5] would give the victory to the Paladin. [1, 6, 5] would give the victory to the Troll. A roll of [3, 3, 1] would give the victory to the Paladin and a "Seyella's Gift" (clear the pot) result, while a roll of [3, 3, 6] would give the game to the Troll.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 06:22:29 AM by Torscha » Logged

Torscha
Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #2042 on: November 29, 2007, 06:23:47 AM »

For an example to the above, I am providing the result of my own roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1396858

In this case, the Paladin rolled a 2, the Troll a 1, and it doesn't matter what Seyella rolled. I will then go on to post that I won that particular round.

Twn Arerwn
Death's Mistress
Approved Character

Elf, Iferhm

« Reply #2043 on: November 29, 2007, 06:24:26 AM »

The mechanics of actually playing a game of chance, I would leave to the players involved on how to resolve it. Your idea is indeed a good one Torscha, though it is dependent upon those interacting with your character. If you wish to resolve the game in that way .... I have no problems. The only thing I wish to see is an adequate post made to express the happenings of the game.
~Sincerely~
Co cr'tuulens:Twen Araerwen

Khel
Unbound Rogue
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #2044 on: November 29, 2007, 06:32:47 AM »

As I understand, Twen you're proposing starting a new thread for the current day, not skipping another day ahead, right?

That was in answer to Torscha's first comment.

..tell me your heart doesn't race for a hurricane or a burning building. -asw
Your pal, Khel
Tiras The White Rose
The White Rose
Approved Character

Human , Male ,Erpheronian

« Reply #2045 on: November 29, 2007, 06:36:20 AM »

Ah Twen love you can correct me the many times you want ... and i still have to think if i am going to make such errors on purpose to make you notice me .... evil
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 06:36:40 AM by Tiras The White Rose » Logged

My crime? It is a serious one -- you see, I am too handsome to look upon.
<a href="http://www.santharia.com/adv/index.php?topic=815.msg27340#msg27340 target="top">Tiras The White Rose[/url]
Torscha
Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #2046 on: November 29, 2007, 06:52:27 AM »

Dice, boy. Women later. But not that one.

Twn Arerwn
Death's Mistress
Approved Character

Elf, Iferhm

« Reply #2047 on: November 29, 2007, 07:00:07 AM »

Yeah, I have no desire to skip a day, only to bring the date for this day upto speed.

@Tiras: Hun my attention might not be what you want at times =P.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 07:00:40 AM by Twn Arerwn » Logged

Torscha
Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #2048 on: November 29, 2007, 07:02:38 AM »

Dateskip is fine, then. No particular vested interest in the calendar.

Stop teasing him, Twn. You know that can't possibly be true.

Miraran Tehuriden
Flame of Helcrah
Approved Character

Human, Ter'ei'Vikh

« Reply #2049 on: November 29, 2007, 07:16:14 AM »

I am going to keep trying to clean things up around here a bit and see if I can get a few developers involved in bringing us some surprises

Now you got me all wondering what on earth you're planning..

Twn Arerwn
Death's Mistress
Approved Character

Elf, Iferhm

« Reply #2050 on: November 29, 2007, 07:35:41 AM »

~Whistles innocently at Miras~ "Stick around and find out if you like Miras. I can't promise anything post-haste, as you know how devvies can be at times. But I do hope for some immediate aspects to be taken care of with a tinge of Twen and Khel flavor added in"  ;).

Khel
Unbound Rogue
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #2051 on: November 29, 2007, 07:53:40 AM »

Delicious! ;)

..tell me your heart doesn't race for a hurricane or a burning building. -asw
Your pal, Khel
Tas Shadowrider
Lone Guardian
Approved Character

Elf, Quaelhoirhim

« Reply #2052 on: November 29, 2007, 09:15:27 AM »

Ok slightly confused ... Cyehne did you return to the table or at the bar? Confused since it seemed that you were still at the bar at the end of your post and Aura and Tommy were at the table at the end of last post ... I might be wrong but could you please clear this up ...

My father said once that a hero is someone who simply got too frightened to use his good sense and run away, then somehow lived through it all.
Quote: Raymond E. Feist
Seh'nara Celebrindal
Swift Ranger
CD Mod

Elf, Tethinrhim

« Reply #2053 on: November 29, 2007, 09:52:02 AM »

So do we continue posting now? I personally don't mind another thread.

Cyehne
Simple Shadow
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #2054 on: November 29, 2007, 09:57:05 AM »

Sorry Tas, that was a little confusing!

Ceyehne is crouched by the bar (and the dice game, as well as Kaldez nearby) with the plate, but the animals are still at the table, Aura being in your arms. Just put the plate down on the ground by the bar whilst distracted by the game.

Eek, I shoulda been clearer ><
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 10:04:37 AM by Cyehne » Logged

cry me a future where the revelations run amok.
Cyehne
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 30, 2021, 06:05:42 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]