Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 138   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Thirsty Herald OOC XV, Day 3, Firstflame  (Read 228115 times)
Kali Rae
Raven Songbird
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii of the Korenjaan Order

« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2006, 04:36:23 AM »

Oh, yeah... Sorry Vesk, I fully forgot about your nervous breakdown... my condolences.  Yeah, I'm on Navar's side with this one, I'd love to see a name other then my own on the "last comment" box.  On the other hand, I just wrote a midterm yesterday so I can appreciate how busy things are at the moment.

-- "It is the extraordinary people that we tell stories about, still, everyone has a story if you look hard enough." --

Kali Rae

-- It is the extraordinary people that we tell stories about; still, everyone has a story if you look hard enough --

Kali Rae
Drasil Razorfang
Remote Rover
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim/ Injerin

« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2006, 05:37:23 AM »

Ok Navar...We are gonna go through this again.  You didn't beat Drasil.  You cheated.  There is no possible way to beat him in a fair fight.  Therefore you do not have the ability to say that you won.

Drasil Razorfang CD

Twn Arerwn
Death's Mistress
Approved Character

Elf, Iferhm

« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2006, 06:48:23 AM »

~Rolls eyes and listens to the testosterone level flowing in the chat~ "Anyone care if I jump in.... Cherri?"

(`._he pe e pon the rowd ike a ragon, ncient and u o eath_.)

The spell fell upon the crowd like a dragon,
ancient and full of death.
Phyth Glenfield
Mounted Mercenary
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2006, 07:53:23 AM »

Um, not to sound negative or anything Drasil, but...

Who cares?

"No matter where you go, there you are..."
Buckaroo Banzai

Phyth Glenfield

"No matter where you go, there you are..." 
Buckaroo Banzai

Phyth Glenfield
Drasil Razorfang
Remote Rover
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim/ Injerin

« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2006, 08:10:23 AM »

...I do.  Well not really all that much but it makes a difference.

Drasil Razorfang CD

Navar The Rogue Assassin
The Rogue Assassin
Approved Character

Elf, Cor'hm

« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2006, 08:42:23 AM »

First off Drasil in combat its not how the fight was fought but how it ends. What you call "cheating" ws a taticful skill that rendered you character at the mercy of mine...all intents in purposes you lost.

Second, their is more to battle then being able to out sword play an opponent, its being able to use your opponents weaknesses to your advantage, and waiting for the time to strike at those weaknesses.

Oh and on a more constructive note....for those who what to fight (I believe Rvahr touched on this) but create a seperat thread out side that is for those who want to fight, (the threads location will of course be out side. Just a thought

There are those who KILL and those who are KILLED, guess which one YOU are.     ~Navar~

need help with your character

There are those who KILL and those who are KILLED, guess which one YOU are.

~Navar~

need help with your character?
Drasil Razorfang
Remote Rover
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim/ Injerin

« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2006, 08:51:23 AM »

...Thats a bad idea.  Its just a waste.  It will mess up the flow of everything.(The combat thread)

Drasil Razorfang CD

so orril miesefer
Sky Master
Approved Character

Elf, Injern Aellenrhim

« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2006, 12:25:23 PM »

So... I didn't missed a lot, now I must think in a way to make a coherent entrance with the fact that Navar didn't felt in my taunt and I couldn't shock him...

Maybe the perfect excuse... fake awaking : P

For the thread idea... I think a batle arena thread would be a good idea, just outside the Thirsty Herald.

What's my magic? My treasure. What's my God? My freedom. My law? the strength and the wind. My mother country the sky So Orril Mis'fer, Sky master.

In this world the only thing that is always true is that everything changes, moves and tears apart, to latter return in a neverending dance inspired in the movement of wind. ~ So Orril Mis'fer, Sky Tower Apprentice
Drasil Razorfang
Remote Rover
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim/ Injerin

« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2006, 01:02:23 PM »

...that would take away from the whole point.  The idea is to reduce fighting.  by opening an arena it will be encouragement.  It will still throw off the story line.

Drasil Razorfang CD

Navar The Rogue Assassin
The Rogue Assassin
Approved Character

Elf, Cor'hm

« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2006, 03:46:23 PM »

Drasil, (sounds like your just upset with my last post, I didn't mean to offend you, sorry) but the Tavern is basically made for New players and new players want to fight with their new Characters. Im just suggesting we transfer the fighting completly out side of the Tavern (Tavern for Conversation Out side for Fights) this way players can fight and leave the peace loving patrons alone.

There are those who KILL and those who are KILLED, guess which one YOU are.     ~Navar~

need help with your character

There are those who KILL and those who are KILLED, guess which one YOU are.

~Navar~

need help with your character?
Cherri Rowandyn
Elemental Mage
Approved Character

Elf, Quaelhoirhim / Ylfferhim / Sanhorrhim

« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2006, 04:34:23 PM »

Okay guys.  I have lost my desktop comp and have been reduced to using my laptop.  For some reason I can only stay signed in in the Developers Forum and not in RPing.  Just to let you know what is going on with that.  I haven't posted anything yet, kinda waiting on Drasil to post something, but I have been watching the threads and conversations.

First off, stop arguing.  It is really getting old.  

Second thing, Drasil, Navar's character fights as his tribe depicts.  If you see it as "cheating" then so be it.  It doesn't make it so.  And Navar, you really don't "win" a fight until someone dies or they submit, neither of which Drasil did willingly.  His body succombing to poison is different then him submitting to you of his own free will which is what I think you were going for.

Now, can we please drop it.  

As far as the purpose of the Tavern...

the whole purpose of the tavern as mentioned before is for new players, and those who are RPing else where and find free time on their hands, to test out their RPing skills in many aspects.  Mostly on how to form a proper post and executing combat posts.  The tavern shows more leniency towards posting as far as what is possible and what is not. What can pass and what can not.  As you can see we puppet each others character's.  Just one example.

The whole point was to not tear up the tavern.  There should be NO FIGHTING INSIDE THE TAVERN.  All fights should be taken outside.  The place has already been scorched and if you really take into account all the fighting inside the place there won't be any tables left whole for people to sit at and blood is everywhere.  And guess what likes blood?  Flies.  So now we have flies everywhere inside, the reek of blood and nasty smelling men, etc.  

Fighting can not and should not be taken from the tavern, but the guidelines have to be respected and observed.  

Everyone might need to reread the rules of the Tavern.  we don't necessarily need to open a new thread.  There are enough threads right now.  Some may even need to be archived.  

Oh, and Neiverene (sp) are you still playing Kain?  Just a thought.  Capher was looking for you if you are.  If not, don't worry about it.

Every character has weaknesses.  The mods won't pass a character that is not pretty well balanced in their strength and weaknesses, at least they used not to.  Play on those weaknesses, but remember that if your opponent is from another land and your is not that well traveled, you won't know that much about them and so can not play upon their weaknesses immediately.  Keep it fairly realistic.  If you just walk up to a stranger and smack the world out of them are you immediately going to know what their weaknesses are?  No of course not.

How many of you have actually been in a fight?  I mean physically in a fight.  It is different than the movies or tv.  You get tired, you get bloody, you limp, you loose a tooth, or get your nose broke.  Same thing applies here.  Most of the time people who really fight are not trying to mortally wound each other.  Usually the whole point is to get the other to submit in one form or another.  Get it.  I know no one likes to lose.  Hence why godding is so popular.

Okay done with my little rampage.  Sorry if I offended anyone, this is just the way I see it.  If I am misinformed then I do sincerely apologize.

Cherri Rowandyn
Keep your friends close; keep your enemies closer.
Vesk Lyricahl
Woeful Rover
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2006, 01:37:23 AM »

Cherri, now that you have shiny new modship in this forum, how about updating the "Who's Currently in the Tavern" thread?

Tiras The White Rose
The White Rose
Approved Character

Human , Male ,Erpheronian

« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2006, 02:22:23 AM »

when anyone update who is currently in the tavern i hope you dont forget that both my Characters are here , namely Malavon and Tiras .

Beauty is how you feel inside , and it reflects in you eyes . It is not something physical.Tiras The White Rose

My crime? It is a serious one -- you see, I am too handsome to look upon.
<a href="http://www.santharia.com/adv/index.php?topic=815.msg27340#msg27340 target="top">Tiras The White Rose[/url]
Drasil Razorfang
Remote Rover
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim/ Injerin

« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2006, 02:24:23 AM »

Sorry for taking so long Cherri, to post that is.  I've been working on some dev thingies.  About your problem though, with staying logged in, that should fix itself as we will soon be transfering to a new server(designated solely for Santharia) that is formated just like the Dev board.  

Drasil Razorfang CD

so orril miesefer
Sky Master
Approved Character

Elf, Injern Aellenrhim

« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2006, 07:21:23 AM »

... When I proposed the batle arena outside the thirsty herald I meant outdside the thirsty herald subforum, as an extra subforum made for battles only (I bet some day a guy will step in and say he only wants a beer...)

Now, is there a coherent way to step in the story again taking in acount my last post?

What's my magic? My treasure. What's my God? My freedom. My law? the strength and the wind. My mother country the sky So Orril Mis'fer, Sky master.

In this world the only thing that is always true is that everything changes, moves and tears apart, to latter return in a neverending dance inspired in the movement of wind. ~ So Orril Mis'fer, Sky Tower Apprentice
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 138   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]