Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter 1 - To the Mountains  (Read 22857 times)
Paladia Entonei
New Santharian

« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2003, 10:32:22 AM »

Paladia held back a scowl and kept her face stoic and calm, just like she had been told to. The Tethinrhim preferred to keep an emotion inside, which is exactly what Pally did.

"We travel to the Mithril Mountains northeast of here. I am on a quest of my own, the cat is merely a companion" the elf replied coolly, keeping her pink lips pursed together.

Just then, Pally heard a woman's voice. Her head turned slowly to the left, a hand tightening on her bow. Her hazel eyes peered through the trees, trying to make out something the elfmaid thought she saw.

"Fall down seven times, stand up eight"

Giglar
New Santharian

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2003, 01:36:22 PM »

Giglar was startled by the voice that had spoke to her. She looked over at the woman and smiled. She was strange looking to Giglar. The shadowmancer had never seen a human woman so close up before. Her smile turned into a smirke and she glanced back into the forest behind her as she heard a loud rustling sound. She turned back towards the woman.

"You were talking to me?" asked the assassin, "What I can do is none of your business, why would you want to know?"

Mnsyth Mrnwn
Guardian
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim/ Ylfferhim

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2003, 04:48:22 PM »

Minsyth turned in the direction of the sound, he hadn't meant to upset Paladia...actually, that was the last thing he wanted. He just seemed to have that affect on people and it bothered him that he couldn't seem to change it.

"Wait, do not set your arrow. Hold off for a moment." he whispered calmly, hoping to keep the peace.

He scanned the trees and his eyes fell upon something, a figure but he could not make out the details.

"Allow me." he announced softly before heading off into the trees, not allowing Paladia to protest.

"...Life is a story waiting to be written. It is up to us to make it exciting and unforgetable..." - Shara

Paladia Entonei
New Santharian

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2003, 11:27:22 AM »

She nodded curtly, but the elf did not loosen the grip on her bow.

Paladia had been trained expertly, to enhance her natural ability, to walk silently through the heavy brush of the forest. In addition, the woman was so used to the company of the deathly silent shingar. Hearing Minsyth sift through the bushes sounded like a wild boar charging through the trees.

Who is he to order me around? she thought to herself bitterly, her instincts telling her to notch her weapon. Pally then realized how rude it would be to disregard a perfectly sound request, but her hand still found its way to rest against her dagger hilt.

Felina Moska
New Santharian

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2003, 06:29:22 AM »

Felina looked at the woman as she answered, 'ah, an elf' she thought 'Its been a while since i've seen one of them.'  
"I am speaking to you yes, the reason I asked was because I was interested, I am involved in magic myself" Felina repied softly, her eyes flicking to the bush, she tryed to focus in on whatever was in there but could only see a mix of auras.   'whats in there?' she thought wandering towards the bush.

"I only asked out of curiosity, I did not mean to offend you, after all, we women must stick together." Felina continued walking, still talking back to the elf.

Every time Europe looks acros the Atlantic to see the american eagle, it observes only the rear end of an ostrich.

fflewdur
New Santharian

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2003, 08:19:22 AM »

Fflewdur looked at up the cat just in time to see it flying through the air and into the bushes. He was a little confused at first but he figured it out when the shingar emerged from the bushes with a rabbit. He was only slightly disgusted at the sight of the cat eating the animal but he had seen it before and he would probably see it again so he needed to get used to it.

Fflewdur sat back and relaxed. There was no where he needed to be. Perhaps I should head back to the low fores for a visit. Yes, I think I will. First though, I would like to find out more about this cat. It seems strangely tame.

"Where did you come from?"

I can't believe I'm talking to a cat!   That hunger must have gone to my head.

Shan Gutarus
New Santharian

« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2003, 03:28:22 AM »

Shan yawned and tossed the rabbits remains into the brush with a strong thrust of his head.

"Where did you come from?"

The ebony shingar stood and moved behind the dwarf slowly and silently. The big cat pushed Fflewdur in the back to get him to walk forward.

I can't talk thought Shan as he walked into the forest, intending for the dwarf to follow him back to Paladia and Minsyth But that woman can. She can tell the dwarf what we're up to

"A dream can exist only in darkness."

Edited by: Shan Gutarus  at: 11/16/03 1:09
fflewdur
New Santharian

« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2003, 06:21:22 AM »

Fflewdur flinched when the cat pushed on his back. He was getting used to the presence of the cat but when it touched him...

When the cat started walking ahead of the dwarf he realized it wanted him to follow.

"Why not? Its not as if I've got something more important to do."

He tagged along, jogging to catch up a little bit and then matching pace with the shingar.

I wonder where its taking me? Maybe its trying to answer to my question? Fflewdur shrugged. Who knows?

Shan Gutarus
New Santharian

« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2003, 10:13:22 AM »

The shingar was happy to see that Fflewdur understood him. Maybe with this guy's help, we can go to those dwarf mountains, find the figurines, then I can get back to normal Shan thought to himself.

They came to the place where Paladia and Minsyth had been. But by now, the male elf had gone off into the bush. Oh well. He didn't seem especially interesting anyways the cat thought, not seeing him anywhere. The shingar stood just a ped or so behind Paladia who didn't seem to have noticed him yet.

The ebony wild cat snorted loudly to get her attention.

"A dream can exist only in darkness."

Paladia Entonei
New Santharian

« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2003, 10:26:22 AM »

Pally heard something come up behind her, but recognized the quiet, gentle steps of the tame shingar cat. The snort from the animal confirmed her suspicions.

"Not now, Midnight Cat," she replied, keeping her eyes fixed on Minsyth as he moved through the trees. The beautiful young elfmaid turned finally after Shan let out another impatient snort and was quite surprised to see a dwarf.

Regaining her composure immediatly, Pally's hazel eyes looked at Fflewdur with intense scrutiny "Who are you?". The elf had never seen a dwarf up close before but then again, the woman never really wanted to. Her father had always said that elves were the superior race, being the first created and the fairest of all beings. Something about that had always seemed odd to Pally, but the elf would never question her father whom she tried so hard to please.

Mnsyth Mrnwn
Guardian
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim/ Ylfferhim

« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2003, 09:36:22 AM »

As he slipping through the brush, he noticed that the figure that both he and Paladia saw was now two figures, chatting between themselves. Silently he approached them, not bothering about whether they would pull a weapon on him suddenly.  He snuck up behind them and cleared his throat.

"Can I help you?" his hand resting on his hilt absently.

He noticed that one was an elf and the other was a human, by the height and the way the walked. Once again, he was glad that his face was hidden, one could not tell his race except for his tall form but many did not think about that at first.

"...Life is a story waiting to be written. It is up to us to make it exciting and unforgetable..." - Shara

Edited by: Minsyth at: 11/16/03 1:42

Giglar
New Santharian

« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2003, 10:52:22 PM »

What is she talking about, we women?, thought Giglar. She was knew to being greeted in such a way, most of the time she was feared or revered, but this woman seemed to know very little about Giglar. She was a highly skilled assassin and dark priest, she could bend the shadows to fit her will...she could become unseen, unheard, unstoppable. Well, not literally, but she was pretty powerful.

"You seem to be very busy woman. Where are you headed?" asked the assassin wondering if they were going the same route. Although Giglar didn't usually like company it would be good to have someone to talk to just in case.

fflewdur
New Santharian

« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2003, 07:10:22 AM »

"My name is Fflewdur and I met up with shingar in the forest. He led me to you." He bowed shallowly. Unlike most dwarfs he didn't mind elves. She probably hated dwarfs though. Oh well. He didn't really care.

"Its a pleasure to meet you. Perphaps you can answer some of my questions. First of all I would like to  know what you and this intelligent cat are doing in this forest. If it is personal I do not expect you to answer. It is just the fact that this shingar has started my curiosity itching ferocously. That brings me to my second question. How are you linked to this cat?

Paladia Entonei
New Santharian

« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2003, 10:43:22 AM »

The beautiful young elfmaid sighed. Curious little fellow, isn't he? she thought. Casting a quick glance towards the direction of the two figures and Minsyth, and disapointed to see only figures in the trees, Paladia decided it would do no harm to answer.

"I am Paladia Entonei, daughter of Moristt' Entonei of the Tethinrhim elves. This entire forest is my home" she answered, having relaxed her bow grip slightly. "And the cat is a guide on my quest and we are simply travel companions. Now, if you are done with your interrigation, would you be so kind as to tell me what you're doing here?" she asked. Pally hadn't meant to sound cold or irritated, the woman just had so much on her mind right now. And now, just to add to her confusion, the red haired elf was beginning to doubt her father's reasoning. This dwarf didn't seem rude, greedy or even stupid.  

Edited by: Paladia Entonei  at: 11/19/03 3:01
fflewdur
New Santharian

« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2003, 07:54:22 AM »

"I have no reason as to why I am here. I have a home in the Rahz Dath but I grew lonely. I started wandering."

Fflewdur sat down and relaxed. It had been a long trek through the the forest.

OOC: Sorry my post is so short. I'm busy and I don't have time for a longer one.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]

[April 10, 2018, 08:32:04 PM]

[March 09, 2018, 05:45:59 PM]