Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter 1 - To the Mountains  (Read 24726 times)
Paladia Entonei
New Santharian

« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2003, 11:14:22 AM »

Paladia's grip loosened as Minsyth came through the brush with the two women. But she readied her grip again as she noticed a crimson streak along his cheek. And the elf pulled the bow taut as the dark elf came into veiw.

Sweet Seyella she thought. Paladia had always been told to be extra wary of the dark elves and had no love for them when she thought of all the horrid stories her older peers had told her. But Pally eased herself as the human woman drew her attention. Paladia had to admit, she had no love for humans, but this woman seemed innocent enough.

The warrior, still holding her set weapon, gave a bow to the two. "I see Minsyth has returned with some friends" Pally said, pointedly not looking at Giglar. "I am Paladia Entonei. Would I be able to learn the name of these?" she asked politely, if not forcebly.

"Fall down seven times, stand up eight"

Mnsyth Mrnwn
Guardian
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim/ Ylfferhim

« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2003, 10:50:22 AM »

"I see Minsyth has returned with some friends"
"I am Paladia Entonei. Would I be able to learn the name of these?"

He bowed to Paladia his face furrowed into a frown as he saw her draw her bow once again, "I apologize for taking so long. I seem to have been mistaken for someone else." He smirked casting a glance in Giglar's direction. "Please, lower your bow for they don't mean any aggression."

He placed his hand out laying it on her arm and applying pressure, hoping it would hint for her to lower it.  

"...Life is a story waiting to be written. It is up to us to make it exciting and unforgetable..." - Shara

Edited by: Minsyth at: 11/26/03 2:50

Giglar
New Santharian

« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2003, 05:37:22 PM »

Giglar merely smirked at Paladia's movements. She knew that a lot of people would be wary of her presence, and that was a powerful tool for the shadowmancer and she didn't plan on being kind either. She looked at Minsyth as he told the elven woman that Giglarania meant no harm. Giglar stared bluntly at the man and then moved her eyes to the woman's weapon.

"If I wished for you to know my name you would have already been told. But since I wish not to cause any further troubles than what your mind already plagues you with I will let you know that my name is Giglarania Syphrenor and I do not intend on being a friend nor do I intend on becoming a threat. Since I have relinquished my name to you I suppose that you will do the same?"

The agile assassin looked at the dwarf and frowned. She didn't really like dwarves, although this was her first time seeing one in person. She had been with the Kasumarii for most of her life, and she had only heard tales of Dwarves and Orc, and other beings.  

Giglarania Syphrenor She was favored by her aunt, watched her sister die, was trained by Darkpriest, killed her aunt's rival, and became the most deadly shadowmancer on the face of Calereath

Urse the Distant
New Santharian

« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2003, 04:12:22 AM »

Urse stopped in his tracks and dived into a bush.  He could hear voices.   In the woods that could mean travellers or it could mean bandits.  Even being a priest might not be a protection, though he knew bandits to be more superstitious than ordinary people.  

Moving as quietly as he could, which was not very, considering his bulk and his clothing, he moved through the undergrowth until he could several people talking.  One of them had a bow, so they could be a bandit.  At this distance they appeared to have a fat child with them, so perhaps they were travellers after all.

"What to do?" thought Urse, "Querprer will surely protect one of her own, but do they know that?"  

He dithered in indecision, trying to make up his mind.

"Queprer waits...."

Sindayl
New Santharian

« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2003, 01:53:22 PM »

The Summoner. That was her duty; her position; her gift. She had a hard life, seeing many die and many more turn into summons right before her eyes. She feared getting close to people, although she loved life in all its bounties. The Eyelian woman stood a few pens away from the small group. Her kinnvi was at her side; Poe Lily; he had always been loyal to Sindayl since the time she found him after killing his mother. She found it ironic that she had to kill his mother just to bond with him.

The forest. It seemed to make the summoner a bit uneasy; she didn't like the way it smelled, neither did she like the way the trees seemed to loom above her endlessly. She liked being in control of her life and having a feeling of power, but since she was tied in with nature it didn't bother her too much. She made her way down the path, hoping that it wouldn't be too strange to see people passing through these parts. Sindayl was also cautious because of the elves that lived in these woods. She had heard stories of them disliking intruders, but Sindayl had a mission.

Her mission. She had to find a man in these parts. His name, she couldn't remember, but she had a letter from her tutor in Ximax that she had to deliver. She didn't know how he expected her to find this man, but the way he talked to her she knew it was serious. Sindayl looked at her arm as it brushed against the side of a rough tree. It scratched her old wound; the wound that Poe Lily's mother gave Sindayl when she was younger. It went from her left shoulder to her elbow and it was three claw marks. It had longed since healed, but every now and then it would make her ache.

Her scar. The scar was a reminder of all the pain she had been through. As a summoner she could bring forth the souls of the dead and lesser demons in forms of powerful beasts. It was a powerful ability, that most of the Ximaxian mages had trouble with. Sindayl didn't know why Ava' had gifted her in such a way, but that is just how it was. She could form links with the demons and unless she could overpower the will of the demon the link was broken and the demon would either retreat or it would turn on Sindayl and attack her.

Exilio. He was one case of such a demon. He was once a man; one of the Silver Hand; a group of sorcerers who tried to achieve immortality and failed. When Sindayl was in Shivering Woods with her aunt and her lover, she was attacked by bandits and she chose to summon anything. The thing that came up was Exilio and he wasn't too happy to be raised from the dead. He attacked Sindayl and company and then once finished he took control of Sindayl. Thinking back on this made the woman sad and upset; that day she had lost two of the people she loved the most. One died and became one of her summons and the other was never seen again.  

Paladia Entonei
New Santharian

« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2003, 01:59:22 PM »

Paladia kept her bow low and slacked her pull on it, but kept her grip on the weapon firm and her fingers always ready for action.

Pally looked to Giglar and, not wanting to appear rude, said "I am Paladia Entonei of the Tethinrhim Elves, occupants of this wood."

The red haired elf looked to Felina "And who might you be?" she asked, her fair face expressionless and set with a stoic calm. Paladia tried to keep her emotions as unevident on the surface as she possibly could.

Shan Gutarus
New Santharian

« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2003, 02:26:22 PM »

Shan stirred on the forest floor, just a ped or so behind Paladia. The large shingar had dozed off and had been awoken by the voices, some he recognized, some he didnt.

The large ebony cat shifted then stood up with a stretch and long yawn, exposing rows of pearly white, dagger-like teeth. Shan looked at the two women and the reappearance of Minsyth. The cat, not fearing the two strangers, made his way past the Tethinrhim elf and padded around Felina first, sniffing some curious smelling pouches.

From there, the shingar drifted silently over to Giglar, examining the dark elf with his unnaturally intelligent sky blue eyes. The wild cat wouldn't say he was afraid of the woman, just curious of her intentions.

Just then, the sharp hearing of the cat picked up the faint sound that he doubted any of the others could have noticed. The cat, curious to see what other strange creatures were in the forest, trotted off in a arc, to come silently behind a man crouching in the bushes.

The intimidated cat came to stand just a ped or so behind him and issued a low, throaty growl. Unknown to the cat, though, a woman and her wolverine stood just within hearing range not far to the side.

"A dream can exist only in darkness."

Felina Moska
New Santharian

« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2003, 02:12:22 AM »

Felina was interested in the motley group that she saw when she entered.   She was not, however, impressed by the Arrow pointing at her. 'She does have a point' Felina thought, 'But sadly its at the end of that arrow.'

"My name is Felina, I am as you have no doubt guessed a traveller and part time healer." Felina said to the elf as she lowered the bow, She hoped that the other elf and gentlemen wouldn't say anything untill later, hopefully the confusion she had cast at him would slow his thoughts for a while.

Felina was struck by the Cat walking around, 'Ah, that must be what I saw earlier.'

Every time Europe looks acros the Atlantic to see the american eagle, it observes only the rear end of an ostrich.

Urse the Distant
New Santharian

« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2003, 04:04:22 AM »

Urse head a small growl and looked in its direction.  Oh Querprer, he thought.

"Shoo!" he said quietly, "you'll have the bandits know I'm here!"

Urse had never had much to do with animals,  though he had once had to fend off the ghost of a pig outside an abattoir.  Fortunately, the Car'all had recalled the spirit before the screaming pig could be too much of a nuisance.

The woman had lowered the bow, which meant nothing at this distance.  He waved his hands nervously at the cat;

"Shoo!  Go on, please!"

"Queprer waits...."

Paladia Entonei
New Santharian

« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2003, 09:02:22 AM »

Paladia watched as Shan slipped into the bushes. The elf assumed the shingar had simply gone off for a meal as she scanned the surrounding forest. But her sharp vision noticed a figure standing not too far away.

The elf, ignoring the others around her, moved forward to stand not far from Sindayl. Her readied bow in hand, Paladia asked the human woman with her usual emotionless and calm demeanor "Can I help you?" eyeing the woverine at her side with curiosity.

Sindayl
New Santharian

« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2003, 08:40:22 PM »

"Can I help you?"

The Summoner turned her face to see an elf with auburn hair facing her. She looked down at Poe Lily and he growled a bit at the feline who he saw suddenly disappear. Sindayl looked back at the elf, and smiled. "No need for that weapon...both of us wish no harm. My name is Sindayl Borali, and I am a summoner from Ximax. I seek out a man named S-something. The rain has destroyed the writing and now I cannot read it all..my tutor sent me to tell him something...," she said wearily.  

Felina Moska
New Santharian

« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2003, 06:42:22 AM »

After the Cat had left her and walked off the elf wandered of herself.   Slowly Felina wandered towards the warrior, "So what brings you to this neck of the woods?" She asked politly.

Every time Europe looks acros the Atlantic to see the american eagle, it observes only the rear end of an ostrich.

Shan Gutarus
New Santharian

« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2003, 01:21:22 PM »

Shan was seriously beginning to enjoy his new body. What interesting reactions he could get from people! The cat ceased growling, but Shan made sure to keep just enough of his menacing teeth visible.

The shingar took a few quick strides forward and nudged Urse, non too gently, with his head. Shan continued prodding the man towards the rest of the group. It was becoming quite bothersome to have to deal with so many people in one day. We've wasted so much time already! the cat thought to itself as he continued to herd Urse towards the rest of the party.

"A dream can exist only in darkness."

Mnsyth Mrnwn
Guardian
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim/ Ylfferhim

« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2003, 10:41:22 PM »

"So what brings you to this neck of the woods?"

Not surprised by such a question, he merely chuckled from beneath his hood. "I am a wanderer of sorts but as much as some for I am returning home, at least I should hope so soon. I have know idea where home is from here but I shall manage. In the meantime, Paladia has captured my interest with the cat and her quest."

He saw from the corner of his eye, the cat returning. Nudging along yet another being from the hiding places of the brush. "Well, another recruit. You are sure doing well in aid for the...journey of sorts." He chuckled at his own response, knowing that it would most seemingly come out as arrogant, something he did not wish.  

"...Life is a story waiting to be written. It is up to us to make it exciting and unforgetable..." - Shara

Urse the Distant
New Santharian

« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2003, 04:07:22 AM »

Urse cursed under his breath as the cat bullied him out of the brush.  Well, best make the most of it.  Surely, even bandits have respect for the gods.

He was about to warn them that Querprer would be waiting for them if they slaughtered a respected priest when one of them said something about recruiting.

"Am sorry?  Recruit?  You are not bandits?  Or are you recruiting bandits?  Or are you recruiting to fight bandits?  Hmm?"

"Queprer waits...."

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[Today at 02:25:19 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]