Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Voldar's OOC - 1 Starting Over  (Read 67202 times)
Grunok the Exile
Seeker
Approved Character

Male Losh-Oc Orc

Homepage
« Reply #465 on: December 14, 2005, 05:33:22 AM »

Hi Capher.  I finally managed to finish my mission!  I read the first installment to my fiance and he was surprised... well, I won't spoil it for you. ;)   Grunok is now waiting for advice.  I thought Tilath might take Grunok to the same healers Damian is at and then Grunok could wake up and see Damian there, which would be kinda cool, but I don't know what the situation downstairs is so I thought I'd wait for you.  That and I'm really busy atm.  Luckily I have 2 weeks off after xmas and I just quit my Sunday job (no time for RL stuff either :b  ) so I will have a bit more time in the coming weeks, especially at- and post-xmas.  Hope your 'prison' is comfortable :b , I guess you have a bit to be thankful for that you can get assissted living as many couldn't afford it or couldn't get assistance for it.  Even if it does suck! :hug   Hope you are well and adjusting ok.

P.S.: like my new avatar and sig?  The avatar was inspired by that scene in Voldar when Grunok was smiling "like a great green cherub with fangs" - I don't remember if it was at Arth's or at the gate - and the second one I drew 'cos I wanted a more serious face of Grunok.  The words are Talia's though I don't know if she'll remember writing them; she said them about one of my other chars but I think they suit Grunok the best!

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #466 on: December 22, 2005, 01:27:22 AM »

Hi all, this is going to be brief as I am still not hooked up in my "prison"  

@Grunok, I promise to read your ending. I think taking you where Damien is would be healing for both of you.  I love the Avatar and the quote. LOL

@Kali, will contact you through wayn.  We need to work somethings out.

@The rest of you all.  Please be patient I promise that the start of this new idea will begin soon.  Many changes will take place: Auditions for the major players, decisions upon how the two cities will work out, Maybe having a special place just for the meeting of the two armies outside of the walls of the cities, and using the cities as planning, rssting, recruiting areas as well as for spies to sneak in.  Anyway those are just some ideas running around in my head as well as many others. So keep your eyes open.  But I am not going to run the show like I did Voldar, I will want input and decision making from not only me, but Kali and those we choose to play the major players.

I know the holidays, are sometimes the best times for you players to play as you are home.  But it should be a time for family as well.  So take time to be with family and friends this holiday season.  If you do not hear from me until after Christmas: I wish you all a joyous, blessed Christmas with friends and family.  

Take Care All...I miss you and will see you all soon.

Capher.

Xanth the Dreamer
New Santharian

« Reply #467 on: December 25, 2005, 03:41:22 PM »

I, the dreamer, wish to say
That I am back before Christmas day
It's a wonderful feeling, to be writing once more
Though my wrists are getting quite sore

I've been busy in my absence working on school
Learning useless things like the golden rule
Two interesting things though have happened to me
And I hope they change the writing that you will soon see

I'm getting published online, it is quite true
And writing one other story, I'm doing that too
But I digress from the point of all this
And that is that you guys I really did miss:hug

Hehehe.  I'm baaa-aaack and coming with a vengeance.  I don't like Darien, which seems to put me in the vast majority.:biggrin   I like Thai he makes me money; and it appears to be mutual, the money thing that is.  Well, to be fair, I tend to like everybody but Darien attacked Thai and sort of Damien.  

My guy will soon be coming out of his coma-thing.  He can be very, very good at getting information, or at least I hope so.:o   More with the nice coaxing than the threatening though.  

One final caution: Beware insane people that can neuter gnats with sharp pointy objects from thirty feet.:evil  

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #468 on: December 29, 2005, 12:52:22 AM »

Hey Xanth, nice to see you around again.  Where did everyone go?

Capher.

Grunok the Exile
Seeker
Approved Character

Male Losh-Oc Orc

Homepage
« Reply #469 on: December 29, 2005, 07:16:22 AM »

Hi Capher.  I'm still here, I'm just not too sure what to do.  I guess you puppetted me a bit again with the 'no noise' thing so I was a bit unsure of where to go, asmy post would have involved Grunok making noise.  Also I wasn't sure if my next post should be in the temple or where... I guess I'm a bit lost with the whole thing...

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #470 on: December 30, 2005, 02:02:22 AM »

@ Grunok, Did I puppet you?  I usually do not puppet unless given instruction to do so.  I am sorry if i did.  I guess I will reread the posts and edit.  As far as where we are, yes, we are heading, all of us; my guards, Tilath, and you are heading for the temple.  So our next posts should be in the temple.

Damien is already there along with some other players you know, or at least they should be there.

@the others, with the mention of the King being dead, I will now introduce Lord Voltigar upon the scene, who takes over as king and then Lycheus is thrown out of court and when all that happens the war between Voldar and Nyer begins.  However before all of that happens, Kali and I need to do some brainstorming.  So hang in there players.  I know that Bahran has put up a story called"War of the Blood" based upon the real history.  It may or may not take away some of you players from this idea, but whatever you choose, I think Bahran's story sounds terrific!!

BTW Grunok, :thumbup  on becoming a full fledged member of the development team.  I loved your bio, it made me laugh.

Capher.

Grunok the Exile
Seeker
Approved Character

Male Losh-Oc Orc

Homepage
« Reply #471 on: December 30, 2005, 09:31:22 AM »

Thanks - and that's the short version! ;)

Yeah, as far as puppeting - Grunok would probably have made a bit of noise, but you said he didn't which is puppeting in that I didn't get to decide that myself.  

Also, you didn't give me/him the option of whether or not to let them pull the arrows out of him.  Any warrior who is concerned with survival would not let anyone pull arrows out until there are clean bandages and a healer around, as there is going to be a lot more blood after the arrows come out.  Unfortunately for Grunok, orcs are not well versed in healing (the idea is to die in battle, after all) and so he wouldn't know not to pull them out.  Also, that was his first real battle so even if they did know how to care for their wounded, Grunok wouldn't know as he has never been around post-battle healing.

So to sum up, it would be good if you changed the bit about Grunok making no noise (just removing it so I can decide would be good).  Other than that I give you permission to go ahead and pull out the arrows as you have 'cos he wouldn't know better.

How long do you think it would take for them to get to the Temple of Nehtor?  I assume it's in the inner city also? And is it ok for me to assume that Tilath and Turin are still supporting Grunok when they get to the Temple?

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #472 on: December 31, 2005, 01:57:22 AM »

@Grunok, yes you have assumed correctly.  Tilath and Turin are supporting you. You can post in the temple and see Damien being taken care of.  I will not puppet your character again...sorry.

Capher.

festrath Blackmoor
New Santharian

« Reply #473 on: December 31, 2005, 05:17:22 AM »

Yay, the war! well, if you are a few people short for the opposing side, just remember that I'm still willing to play in it. :evil  

Festrath Blackmoor

Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #474 on: January 03, 2006, 10:12:23 AM »

Just wanted to let you know.... That Darién is still out there somewhere...

Yet i will only post with him once he is in the presence of players...
He is still out for blood this night,... So travellers, BEWARE of the DARK alleys! :evil  

Death:
A punishment to some, to some a gift, and to many a favor.  
    --Seneca

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #475 on: January 03, 2006, 10:58:23 PM »

Hi all, I hope you all had a great New Year.  As of yet I have not been able to reach Kali either by EZ or by email, so I have not been able to brainstorm with her, so please hang in there, ok?

@Festroth, yes, we still want and need you, and the army attacking Voldar is not as small as you imagine.

@Darien, I knew you were still around.  Your like gum on the sole of someone's shoe and cannot get it off. LOL  Stay in there buddy and we'll find something for you to do.

@ the rest the board will be starting to look a bit different in the next couple of days.  Do not be alarmed, just keep tuned to the OOC and you will be able to follow along just fine I think.

Capher.

Arrianna Valerious
New Santharian

« Reply #476 on: January 04, 2006, 03:40:23 AM »

Sounds cool, will be patiently waiting :P

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #477 on: January 05, 2006, 05:06:23 AM »

Capher...I cannot access Wayn at work and I rarely have any time at home to regularly check my email.

I will try to check tonight but I don't know.

PS - Doesn't Reeves.Shara@principal.com work?

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #478 on: January 06, 2006, 02:59:23 AM »

Kalina, I completely forgot about that other email, sorry.  I will try it.  But as you will read in the General OOC thread for Caelereth, I think you are correct about having both cities and I kind of cancelled the war.  I guess I am too impatient sometimes and also when my visions have logistical problems I gave up to easily.

I still think that this thing can work, but we may need to start a whole new story as you suggested.  The problem I see is in that it will leave Voldar and Nyer, the two threads already up, left behind and that is the one thing I did not want to happen.

I did not realize so many things needed to be worked out.  I just do not see why the two cities could not somehow be used and still have a war.  With just a war thread.

@ the rest of the players, please be patient Kalina and I will work this thing out.  Until then, please amuse yourselves by having some side-plots going amongst yourselves.  Thanks.

Capher.

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #479 on: January 07, 2006, 01:21:23 AM »

We don't need a completely different story, just a separate forum. I see it merely as a skirmish between too men of power, greedy for what the other has. Until the War of the Blood...it isn't a full fledged war and will not nearly as much effort to bring into place. I really think we could pull it off. (though luca has her doubts >.> lol) It isn't a completely separate story because we will be utilizing the cities still for a continual plot line, just the main "battle stuff" if you will, will be separated from the city

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]