Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Temple Area(Voldar)  (Read 25141 times)
Maultus Grimheart
New Santharian

« on: September 18, 2004, 08:42:22 AM »

In this relatively small area lie two great temples honoring their gods.  One is the temple to Nehtor, God of Healing.  This grand stone building has painted walls, ceilings and glass windows, and is a wealthy establishment that will often provide shelter for those with none.  The second is the temple to Injera  which is a far more simple.  It has one main building in which the clerics live, and an expansive open courtyard.  The courtyard is filled with trees and flowers and surrounded by a "fence" made of 3 ped high pillars with great stone blocks lying across the tops. <p><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong><!--EZCODE FONT START--><span style="color:orange;">"Any problem can be solved through judicious application of kinetic energy!"</span><!--EZCODE FONT END--></strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--></p>
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 01:36:58 AM by Capher » Logged
Unknown
New Santharian

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 10:30:22 AM »

(This post is missing and can not be restored)

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 10:23:22 PM »

HTML Comments are not allowed

Capher.

Edited by: Capher at: 10/26/05 13:22
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 09:54:22 PM »

Nichea motions for the guards to open the temple door.  As soon as the door is opened he and Tythle are surrounded by other healers.  They take over the carrying of the litter and the guards go on their way.

The healers work quickly and bring Tythle into the main chamber deep within the walls of the temple.  One asks, "Master Nichea what are these marks?"

"You do not notice the claw marks and bites of a wolf?" Nichea asks.

"Yes Master, those I recognize and I am preparing several bandages that will have a mixture of Eascathe and Yarle upon them so that those can heal.  I am talking about these marks upon the elf's back."

Nichea looks and sees red-purplish scratches that tore through Tythle's clothes. "Tythle, I must ask your permission to take off your tunic and shirt.  I must see those wounds made by what you call a demon. I must verify the claim."

Whispers of demon were heard around the room.  Several healers soon came to Nichea and Tythle with the bandages of Yarle and Eascathe. "Tythle these bandages will be placed upon the bites and scratches of the wolves.  The medicine may sting once applied but then it will numb the area and may even induce you to sleep.  Which is what you need. But, I need you to allow me to take off your tunic and shirt. Do I have your permission young one."

Capher.

Tythle Fi thea
New Santharian

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 12:16:22 AM »

"Yes you may." The ranger felt a little drawfed in the temple, he did not visit them often. He reached down and undid the buckes that helped keep is quiver and daggers on his back. Tythle brought them around and laid them beside him, not really knowing where else to put them. The bandages did indeed sting, like a pinching sensation before thewounds would go blissfully numb.

The wounds on his back that were just seen through the cloth of his ruined tunic and shirt showed a lighter purple along the edge, but if the ranger shifted the cloth would move and show a darker shade of purple the farther way from the wound than near the opening as if the skin had just bruised.

Edited by: Tythle Fi thea  at: 10/27/05 20:29
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2005, 11:52:22 PM »

The healers quickly cut away the elfs tunic and shirt as whispers of demon and sharp intakes of breath were heard. Nichea silenced them all. "Master Tythle my friends have prepared a soft warm cot for you to lay upon instead of this litter. it is only a room away."  He motioned and several strong men lifted Tythle up and carried him and his litter to another room.

The room was large and airy but warm as two large fireplaces one either side of the Northern and Southern walls blazed.  The smell of incense permeated the room as well and many candles were lit all around.  In the middle of the room sat a lonely cot covered with the softest sheepskin.  The men put the litter down besides the cot, picked up the sheet that Tythle was lying upon and deposited him upon the cot, bowed to Nichea and then left. Nichea had watched everything very carefully.  He walked up to the cot. "I hope you are doing fine Master Tythle. I need you to lay upon your stomache as I take a look at these marks.  As you do I will prepare."  

Nichea then turned around and headed for the Eastern wall which held several shelves full of medicinal herbs and several more full of scrolls. He began pulling out one scroll after another, reading the marks upon them, putting some back, keeping others. His mind completely focused upon his task.

Capher.

Tythle Fi thea
New Santharian

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 03:21:22 PM »

Tythle braced himself for a moment , breathing deep as he turned himself on to his stomach. His back streached the somewhat healed wound broke and blood seeped through. The ranger gasped as the pain came afreash, he felt his arms weakening on him against his will.

He somewhat fell onto the bed with a thump, and he let out the cry he had been hold in. "Oh how I wish I had not gone there, they had warned me...forgive me father....mother....dear Deserdae......" Tythle wispered brokenly.

Edited by: Tythle Fi thea  at: 11/1/05 19:30
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2005, 10:06:22 PM »

Nichea heard the cry of his patient and turned quickly around. He rushed to the elf's side and eased him more upon his stomache.  He noticed that one or two of the wounds had broken open and blood began seeping out. "Where? Where did you go Master Tythle. I need to know.  If I know where you went then I can narrow down what kind of demon had attacked you and then I can try and help you, but I need to know where you went." Nichea asked calmly.  

Capher.

Edited by: Capher at: 11/1/05 14:12
Tythle Fi thea
New Santharian

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2005, 03:47:22 AM »

The ranger looks up into the healers face, pauseing to take a breath before answering. "I was in the North in the mountains...an I mean in them, travleing through the dark tunnles, where my youngest sibling was said to be taken. I...." Tythle thought hard, harder than he had ever in his long life trying to recall any image of what attacked him, then like a door swinging wide, the memory came back to him. "The demon looked like a man, though red and taller than myself. His eyes were red-yellow glowing....oh how is claws burned." He shuiddered at the memory becomeing overwhelmed, he stopped speaking.

Edited by: Tythle Fi thea  at: 11/2/05 17:38
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2005, 01:45:22 AM »

" A Mephguóur." Nichea calmly said.  "They have not been seen in ages.  You say you ran across one inside a mountain?  Which mountain? Is it far from here?  I know I am asking many questions but this is more serious than just your injuries.  For where there is one Mephguour, there are others and other more powerful demons behind them.  If this mountain is close to Voldar than someone must tell the King, for we must prepare for war."

Nichea said those words so calmly as he read the scroll to help him concoct the correct herbs and amount to help the elf with his wounds. After he prepared the correct solution, he motioned to another healer. "Ichwe, you will have to cut all the wounds open and then apply this solution to this man's back.  Remember all of the wounds. If you do not get all of them then he will eventually become like one of those he battled. Do you understand?"

Ichwe nodded gravely. "Master where do you go?"

"I go tell the King."

Ichwe nodded once again and then turned to the elf. "Master Tythle my name is Ichwe, I am the first disciple to Master Nichea.  I am sure you heard all that he said.  I am going to have to open all of these wounds completely.  It is going to be quite painful. I can give you a sedative, to help deaden the pain somewhat, but it will not deaden it all the way.  But, the side effects can make you have dreams, or visions.  Do you want this sedative or do you think you could stand the pain by yourself.  I expect that at sometime during the process you will pass out, but you will also not have to have dreams or visions.  The choice is yours.  What do you want me to do?  I must know and know quickly, for each passing moment brings you closer to you becoming what you fought and that is something we would not allow.  As soon as we started to see the transformation, we would kill you.  I am sorry to say that without compassion, but those are the facts."

Capher.

Tythle Fi thea
New Santharian

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2005, 02:47:22 AM »

You say you ran across one inside a mountain? Which mountain? Is it far from here?

Tythle looked at his hands for a moment pondering once more "It was after I had travled by Hovel Frond Forest, that is were a was attacked by the wolves....and then I wenton to the mountain....I cannot recall its name....I was heading towards the Tandala Highlands....I believe....that is where I was, there were may orc tribes to avoid....I remember that much....I" The ranger suddenly stopped and began to cough slightly. He shouldn't speak any more but then Ichwe asked if he wanted a seditive, he shook his head as his coughing continued.

He laid his head down and closed his eyes and took his mind to a different place and time, back when his family lived together, the large house, his cousins, his sister all playing in the main courtyard buy the market place. He driffed off into a trance and waited for the healer to begin.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2005, 03:22:22 AM »

Ichwe worked quickly but efficiently.  He caught some of the blood that seeped out of Tythle's back and put it into a jar so that it could be examined later.  The rest was immediately caught and disposed of by pouring the noxious liquid into the fire pit, which caused the fire to hiss and spit and turn a yellow-ish green color and made the younger healers go into prayer.

Ichwe was glad that Master Tythle had passed into unconciousness with the help of the herbs and his own exhaustion as it helped him to draw the infection out better and allowed the elf to heal.  Soon it was over, the elf's blood ran clear from all of the wounds that were upon his back.  Ichwe, bandaged the elf's wounds, with some help from others he placed the elf upon a more comfortable bed and then placed a healer by his side and told him to get him when the elf woke up.

Capher.

Tythle Fi thea
New Santharian

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2005, 02:30:22 PM »

Tythle's mind wandered in his meditative sleep, touching apon the haapy memories from a childhood from so long ago it seemed to him. The pain only invaded his mind for a moment at a time as the healers worked on his torn back. When he felt that it was over he stayed in that state for a long while after, recovering some of his strength. Finally he 'woke', opening his eyes he slow began to wake up. "I wonder what time it is?" He wondered. "Have I slept long?"

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2005, 11:22:22 PM »

Ichwe who was sitting by Tythle's bed sipping some tea heard the ranger stir and ask what time it was. Ichwe rose, "Master Tythle it is wise for you not to move around so much until your wounds heal a bit more.  I removed all of the bad blood and infection that the demon and the wolves gave you.  You should recover quite nicely.  Do you require any food or drink?" Ichwe asked.

Capher.

Tythle Fi thea
New Santharian

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2005, 02:16:22 AM »

"I would gladly take any food and drink you have to offer me, thank you." Tythle sat up, making sure he didn't move much he looked at his torso. Instead of the purple slashes he found clean white bandages in their place, the white contrasting with his dark skin. "Thank you for the healing Ichwe, I found the possibility of becoming one of those fell creatures to be very upsetting."

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 30, 2021, 06:05:42 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]