Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Temple Area(Voldar)  (Read 27131 times)
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2007, 12:23:25 AM »

Nichea

Nichea woke, dressed and went in the room to check on his patient.  He noticed that Miss Claudirea was lying next to the Captain; she seemed asleep, but he was not sure.  He stepped closer and whispered her name. "Miss...Miss Claudirea are you awake?" he asked.
Claudirea
One With Nature
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2007, 12:30:03 AM »

Claudirea opened her eyes at the sound of Nichea's voice. She sat up slowly, as not to disturb Norman's rest. She look around until she Nichea came into her eyesight.

"Yes, I'm awake," Claudirea said in a quiet voice as she gave a small smile. "Is there something you needed, Nichea?"
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 12:26:19 AM by Claudirea » Logged

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2007, 02:13:20 AM »

"I just wanted to check on the Captain and see if you would like some tea and breakfast. You can refresh yourself in that room," he pointed to a closed door on his left. There is a bath and I believe that one of our robes will fit you while your own clothes dry after you wash them. In the meantime I will see to the Captain and when you are finished perhaps the two of you could eat breakfast together."

Norman opened his eyes. He saw Claudirea and looked lovingly at her. He was awoken when Claudirea first moved, but he did not say anything at the time and just lay there; trying to remember where he was and how he got there. He recalled the drunk surprising him with a daggar. He should have never turned his back on the man, but he assumed at the time that the drunk was harmless. He would not make that assumption again. How many times did Damien tell him never to assume. He berated himself silenly. He could have been killed because of his assumptions. At least his assumption about Claudirea had been correct. He whispered in a hoarse voice, "Go on Claudiera. I shall be fine."
Claudirea
One With Nature
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2007, 11:01:06 PM »

Claudirea nodded at Nichea's suggestion. It was a good suggestion. She really wondered if they had robes that would fit her as she was smaller then most humans. She was about ready to stand up, but something made her ears prick.

"Go on, Claudirea. I shall be fine," a hoarse whisper said. Quickly, Claudirea turned around and looked down at Norman. His eyes were open and there was a certain look in his eyes, one that she had seen once before when they were in the king's garden.

"Norman!" Claudirea cried. She had to resist the urge to smother him in hugs and kisses. Instead, she contented herself to place a hand upon one of his cheeks and caress it softly. She gave a small smile down at him. "I'm so glad that you are alright." She gave a small pause as she fought the urge to stay with him. "I shall return soon."

Getting up slowly, and making sure the blanket stayed on Norman, Claudirea headed off in the direction of the room where Nichea pointed out to her earlier. She closed the door after her and looked around.

Nichea was right. There was a bath and there was steam coming up from it. Claudirea gave a small sigh of relief as she stripped out of her clothes and slipped into the bath. Letting herself relax, she enjoyed the wonders of the warmth of the bath. The next thought that she thought made her blush as she envisioned Norman in the bath with her.

Not wanting to be far from him for very long, she quickly got out of the bath and slipped into one of the shorter robes that she saw. It was still a bit long and she had to roll up the sleeves of it. Walking back out, she carried with her her own clothes.

"I wasn't sure where I should put these," she said, holding them out so Nichea could see them.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 12:06:58 AM by Claudirea » Logged

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2007, 12:05:56 AM »

Nichea had just finished examining Norman when Claudirea came out after her bath. She was dressed in on of the white robes of a novitiate that was still a bit long on her, but Nichea saw that she made do. She carried her own clothes and showing them told him she did not know what to do with them. A young monk came forward, arms out."I shall take them miss, and make sure they are washed and clean."

Norman was sitting up in the cot, shirtless, with a bandage wrapped around his middle. He swiviled his head when Claudirea came out and gave her a loving look. "Give the monk your clothes, dear and then come, sit and eat breakfast with me."

Nichea put his things away in his bag. "Captain, you are healing well, but do not over exert yourself. You still need some time to heal completely. You were blessed by the goddess's that the daggar did not pierce any vital organ."

"Thank you Nichea. I promise to not over exert myself."

Nichea nodded, "Then I and my staff shall leave you two alone."

It took all but a few blinks and everyone was out of the room and all doors were closed. Norman held out his hand. "Come and eat, dear."
Claudirea
One With Nature
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2007, 02:05:07 AM »

"Give the monk your clothes, dear, and then come, sit and eat breakfast with me."

Claudirea gave the young monk her clothes, somewhat hesitantly as those were the only clothes she had.

"Thank you," she said softly. She watched as the monk quickly walked away with her clothes.

Claudirea went over and stood next to Nichea as he and Norman talked. She listened with a small interest as she heard Nichea's medical advice. Nodding inwardly, she agreed with it and she would have to make sure that Norman followed it closely.

"Come and eat, dear," Norman said with an out-stretched arm.

Taking his hand, she sat down next to him. She hadn't eaten in quite awhile, so she was quite hungry. Taking a piece of bread, Claudirea chewed on it hungrily. Finding a pot full of hot water with leaves of tea in two cups, she poured the water into the cups, allowing the tea to start steeping.

As she was doing all this, Claudirea was thinking. Numerous thoughts came into her head. Most of them were about Norman and their future. She knew that he was older then her and had already had a wife and child. She worried that, if things did go the way that they seemed, Norman would judge her against his previous wife.

Then her mind wandered to Norman's wound. Her eyes roamed to the bandages around his chest. No blood seemed to be seeping through, which was a good thing. Nichea was, indeed, a good healer.  Claudirea made a note that, if she did stay in Voldar, that Nichea would be a good person to train under.

After a long pause of her looking in her cup of tea, Claudirea finally spoke aloud. "Norman, how did you get stabbed?" Even though she spoke quietly, her concern could clearly be heard. She looked up into Norman's eye, the concern showing there as well.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2007, 12:22:46 AM »

Norman was lost in thoughts of his own; mostly about the young lady sitting next to him. They had only met a few days ago, yet it seemed liked he knew her forever. He wondered if perhaps the goddess Seyella had sent his wife's spirit back into another body, just to comfort him and to allow an uncompleted life be complete again. He had heard stories about such things. He had thought them to be false, just 'wives tales' but now...

He was slowly munching on some bread and watched Claudirea pour them some tea and waited for the tea to steep. Then she asked him, "Norman, how did you get stabbed?"

Norman swallowed hard, turned to her and hung his head a bit. "Stupidity. Forgetting what I teach my men all the time. I turned my back on a drunken man, who had tried to either pander some money off of me, or rob me? I forget. I suppose if he tried to rob me, I would have been more careful and he would have been put in the dungeon, so he was probably just pandering. Anyway, the man must have become angry and when he yelled, I turned around and the next thing I know I have a daggar being shoved into my chest. It happened so quickly. I had no time to react. At least I think that is what happened. My memory is a bit foggy, perhaps, after I think about it, my memory will become clearer. Why do you ask?"
Claudirea
One With Nature
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2007, 12:00:37 AM »

"Stupidity. Forgetting what I teach my men all the time. I turned my back on a drunken man, who had tried to either pander some money off of me, or rob me? I forget. I suppose if he tried to rob me, I would have been more careful and he would have been put in the dungeon, so he was probably just pandering. Anyway, the man must have become angry and when he yelled, I turned around and the next thing I know I have a daggar being shoved into my chest. It happened so quickly. I had no time to react. At least I think that is what happened. My memory is a bit foggy, perhaps, after I think about it, my memory will become clearer. Why do you ask?"

Claudirea winced slightly as Norman described described the event. When he asked her why she wanted to know, she didn't really have an answer. Shrugging slightly she said, "I was just curious as no one knew how it happened. They just told me that you were stabbed and bid me to come here."

Not one for long speeches, Claudirea knew that she had to tell Norman sooner or later what was in her heart. Now would be a good time as all of his attention was on her.

"Norman, there's something I need to talk to you about. It's....it's not easy for me to say aloud, so please bear with me. I....I know that we've only met a few days ago, but....it's seemed like far longer to me. I dunno about you, but it seems like....like there's something there, like I've known you forever.

I've never felt this way about anyone else before, so this is all new to me. In all my travels I've never met anyone like you. And that's a good thing....I think. You've.....you've made me feel something that I've never felt before. A good feeling. As I think about it, it might be the same thing that my parents felt for each other. I never really understood the whole mating process. In animals, it's easy to see as they pick who they will think will be the best for that season, but in us...it's a completely different matter.....

I don't feel like wandering any more. I....I just wanna be where you are, Norman."
The next part she had to swallow a large and forced herself to look Norman straight in the eyes. "Norman, if you would have me, I would be honored to be your life mate, your wife."
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 07:13:34 AM by Claudirea » Logged

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2007, 12:25:09 AM »

Norman sat stock still as he listened to Claudirea

Norman, there's something I need to talk to you about. It's....it's not easy for me to say aloud, so please bear with me. I....I know that we've only met a few days ago, but....it's seemed like far longer to me. I dunno about you, but it seems like....like there's something there, like I've known you forever.

It was like she was reading his mind, as he felt the same.

I've never felt this way about anyone else before, so this is all new to me. In all my travels I've never met anyone like you. And that's a good thing....I think. You've.....you've made me feel something that I've never felt before. A good feeling. As I think about it, it might be the same thing that my parents felt for each other. I never really understood the whole mating process. In animals, it's easy to see as they pick who they will think will be the best for that season, but in us...it's a completely different matter.....

He wanted to say, that he knew that there were some snimals that mated for life, but did not want to interrupt her, so he let her continue, wondering where this was all leading to?

I don't feel like wandering any more. I....I just wanna be where you are, Norman." The next part she had to swallow a large and forced herself to look Norman straight in the eyes.

Norman noticed her swallowing hard and then she spoke.

"Norman, if you would have me, I would be honored to be your life mate, your wife."

Norman swallowed hard himself, then smiled. "I am not sure about your culture, but in mine, it is usually the man who asks the woman to be his wife."

He gently caressed Claudirea's face with his hands, brushing a wisp of her hair from her face and tracing her nose with his finger. "As you were speaking, especailly about thinking that you have known me forever, I had the same thoughts. I have just one question to ask you before I give you my answer. Are you sure? Are you completely sure? This is just not some crush, or whim, but in your hearts of hearts, you love me and wish to be my wife until death doth part us? I am not a handsome man, nor very rich. I just want to be sure you are sure. For I know my answer and heart," Norman said softly, looking into her eyes.
Claudirea
One With Nature
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2007, 10:24:59 AM »

"As you were speaking, especailly about thinking that you have known me forever, I had the same thoughts. I have just one question to ask you before I give you my answer. Are you sure? Are you completely sure? This is just not some crush, or whim, but in your hearts of hearts, you love me and wish to be my wife until death doth part us? I am not a handsome man, nor very rich. I just want to be sure you are sure. For I know my answer and heart,"

Claudirea took a moment to think about this question. Her immediate answer was yes, but she decided not to be rash about this as it was a life-long commitment. She closed her eyes as she thought, enjoying the touches that Norman was giving her. After awhile of thinking, she opened her green eyes and looked into Norman's.

"I wasn't asking you to be my husband, I just was giving you my answer before you asked," she said with a small smile. "And I thought about what you said, and I don't care if you aren't the most handsome nor the richest man in the world, you're good enough for me. You're the only one who has ever made me feel this way." She started to caress Norman's face.

"That is my answer, what is yours?"

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2007, 12:03:25 AM »

Norman leaned into Claudirea's caress, smiled and looked deeply into her green eyes, "My answer has always been the same since I first saw you at the gate...yes."

"He rose from off his bed, knelt upon one knee, taking Claudirea's left hand. "Usually a man has a ring when he proposes, but..."

Suddenly a door opened and Nichea walked in. "I apologize for the interruption, and please forgive me for I had heard what you were saying Captain and I believe I can help you in that matter.  He held out a small twining leaved gold ring. The leaves were of a more reddish colored gold than the band. "I found this somewhere and kept it, why, I am not sure. I do not value nor covet gold as some do, but something told me to keep it. I believe now is the time to release it. Captain, if you would permit me this, I would like to give this to you to give to Lady Claudirea."

Norman did not know what to say, he was choked up with emotion already for his admonition of love between himself and Claudirea, that this gift was almost too much to bear. However after a few blinks, he gained control of his emotions and nodded, "Nichea, I should be the one giving you that, for services rendered, but if you want to give me the ring I will gladly take it. I promise to pay you back."

Nichea's face fell. "I do not want payment. I want to do this of my own accord and besides I also have a slight ulterior motive."

"What is that?" Norman asked, his body beginning to stiffen because of the how long he was in the kneeling position.

"I would like yours and Lady Claudirea's permission to officiate your wedding, when it comes."

Norman smiled, "Give me the ring Nichea."

Nichea quickly walked over and handed Norman the ring.

Norman took the delicate piece of jewelry, looked up into Claudirea's eyes. He wondered what she was thinking, at the moment?  Her eyes were full of love, but there was some confusion mirrored as well as she looked at Nichea, at the ring, and then back at Norman.

"Claudirea, you have brought life, where there was no life. You have brought happiness, when there was nothing but sadness. You have brought laughter, when there was nothing but tears. Your smile is like the summer's sunshine, your tears like the rain, your lovely touch, your warm embrace take me to a place I never thought I could or ever would be or want to be. Finally you brought love, when there was nothing but emptiness in this heart of mine."

He placed the ring upon Claudirea's left ring finger. "Claudirea, will you be my wife?" He asked.

Nichea had stepped back farther but looked on, smiling. He hardly ever smiled.
Claudirea
One With Nature
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2007, 01:31:32 AM »

Claudirea felt for sure that her heart missed a beat when he said yes. She was almost certain that it had stopped completely when Norman got down on one knee and said, "Usually a man has a ring when he proposes, but..."

When Nichea walked into the room and interrupted, Claudirea didn't really feel aggravated, she was more embarrassed that he could have heard her professing her love to Norman. Not that it was a bad thing, she just was new to these sorts of things. Yet, when Nichea offered a ring for Norman, she just thought that her heart might explode.

It took Norman a while to respond and since Claudirea was looking at him, she could see why. She supposed that men of Norman's station weren't usually the emotional types, so this must be new to him. Well, perhaps not new, but certainly something he hadn't felt in a long time.

Inwardly, she gave small wince as she could see Nichea was slightly offended by Norman's offer to pay for the ring. Personally, she couldn't see why he was so offended. Perhaps that was the way things were with priests, but she wasn't quite sure. It was only after he admitted that he would like to preside over her and Norman's wedding that she understood. Giving a small smile, she silently agreed to let him do so, knowing that without him, neither she nor Norman would have been given this chance.

"Claudirea, you have brought life, where there was no life. You have brought happiness, when there was nothing but sadness. You have brought laughter, when there was nothing but tears. Your smile is like the summer's sunshine, your tears like the rain, your lovely touch, your warm embrace take me to a place I never thought I could or ever would be or want to be. Finally you brought love, when there was nothing but emptiness in this heart of mine."

Norman placed the ring upon her finger. Claudirea thanked the spirits that it fit. It did more then fit, it was almost as if it were made just for her. She looked down at it, watching as the first rays of the rising sun caught the gold and made it seem as though it were glowing on her finger.

"Claudirea, will you be my wife?"

Claudirea couldn't hold the tears any longer. They spilled down her cheeks. They were tears of joy that she couldn't hold in. Not being able to say anything, she nodded and held onto Norman's hand tightly. Inwardly, she was thinking how honored she was to have Norman wanting to have her as his wife.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2007, 08:58:01 PM »

Norman saw the tears spill and his heart leaped for joy when he saw her nod. He rose and sat upon the bed, leaned toward Claudirea and then gently began kissing her tears away from her cheeks.

Nichea thought at that it was time to leave and he left the two alone, he left quickly and quietly.

Norman did not even notice and continued kissing the tears away, he murmured, "You have made me the happiest man in the world today. Thank you for agreeing to be my life mate."

He continued kissing her cheeks, the tip of her nose, her tears salty, then his lips found hers and he gently kissed them, then the kiss became more passionate, and he took her in his arms and kissed her long and deep; longer and deeply than he ever kissed her before. Finally, after what seemed liked an hour, he released her lips, but held onto her, her head buried into his bare shoulder.
Claudirea
One With Nature
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2007, 08:42:26 AM »

What happened next happened too fast for Claudirea to react at first. Norman started kissing her, not on the lips as she thought he might do, but he started to kiss away her tears. She gave a gentle laugh as she felt his lips brush across her skin. Out of the corner of her eye she noticed Nichea make a quick and silent exit.

"You have made me the happiest man in the world today. Thank you for agreeing to be my life mate." she heard him mutter. She gave a smile and gently scratched the back of his head.

She was going to reply to his statement, but she found her mouth occupied by his as he drew her into his arms.

The kiss seemed like it would never end, not that she wanted it to. Her in Norman's arms she felt safe.

After they had finished kissing, Claudirea laid her head upon his shoulder. Giving a small sigh, she relaxed and closed her eyes.

Her thoughts were scattered but focused on one thing: living permanently in Voldar. She wondered what Norman's home looked like and if there was room for her. Along the same lines, she thought about her new social status. No longer would she be the small traveling herbaist, but instead the wife of the Captain of the Guard. And then there was Luna...

"Norman!" Claudirea cried sitting up quickly and looking distressed. "Do you know where Luna is? I haven't seen her since...since that night..." Her voice trailed off as she thought about that night. She gave a small shudder as if she were cold and her eyes seemed to go out of focus.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2007, 08:43:31 PM »

Norman bolted upright and looked around for his shirt. "No, Claudirea, I do not know where Luna is. Let me get dressed and we will go look for her together," he said urgently. He knew how close the wolf and Claudirea were and would go to any lengths to have her have her pet and friend back with her. He hoped Luna was alright.

Then there was a knock, and in walked Nichea with a very tired looking, half-frozen man behind him. Norman blinked and looked at the grinning teeth of the man, for that is all that Norman could see, for the rest of the man's face was covered in a ice and snow covered cloth wrap. Suddenly a furry form barked, and bounded full tilt at Claudirea and him. It was Luna. She planted many kisses upon her friend and even gave him a few licks.

Norman looked up as the man uncovered his face from the cloth wrap he had covered it with. It was Sgt. Reeves! "She and I found each other as i was searching for the man who stabbed you Captain. Unfortunately, when I did find him, with her help, he was frozen to death." Grant reported.

"Just a vagabond, who needed money. I should have given him some," Norman said sadly.

"No Captain, when I found him he had more than enough coin upon him to pay for a room, but his desire was for cheap wine. Do not blame yourself. Now that I have finished what I set out to do, may I be excused, Sir" Grant asked.

Norman nodded. "Why do you not stay and have some hot tea and I am sure Nichea's staff can fix you up some breakfast. I want to thank you, for helping saving my life."

Grant smiled wearily, "Sir, any other time I would have gladly accepted your invitation, but there is a certain lady who I would like to go see, if you do not mind?"

Norman glanced at Claudirea, then turned back to Grant. "I understand completely, Lt. Go find her and if she is the one for you, hold onto her as if she were the most precious thing in the world to you."

"Lt?" Grant asked, "Yes Sir!", he almost shouted. "I certainly will find out if she is the one and I wish you all the best, Sir."  Grant turned to leave, but not before a healer shoved a hot cup of tea into his hand and ordered him to drink it.  Grant burned his throat as he hastily drank the tea. He handed the empty cup back, turned back to look at his Captain, who was just watching Lady Claudirea hug her pet. He turned to leave once more.

"Oh Lt, You may have two days off and then i expect to see you on duty at seven bells with a newly pressed uniform. I will pin your bars on your shoulders at that time, perhaps the Commander will be there as well."

"Yes Sir," Grant replied, giving Norman a quick, smart looking salute and then walked out of the room and out of the temple.

The air was still cold, but Grant could have cared less. He had been promoted and more than that, he was just given two days to spend with Alassiel. He hoped she still wanted to spend time with him as he made his way to Arth's.

OOC- Grant's next post will be at Arth's.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]