Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Malgion's Hideout(Voldar)  (Read 25898 times)
Fallen
Fatal Rose
Approved Character

Elf, Coor'hem

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2007, 05:45:00 AM »

The elf nodded at Horace's remark about ales and wines. "Aye, personally I can't stand dwarven ales. Wine serves me well enough. And it still serves to numb my mental processes." Swishing the wine around in the cup, the elf listened to Horace's question. "Oh, we have big things in store for us, Horace, I promise you that. But for the meantime, your business will remain as it is. Keep everyone's spirits up."

Fallen quickly finished his second glass, filling up a third. He preferred to always have his mind sedated to some degree, it was easier to handle that way. His eyes widened slightly as he was approached by the pock-marked beauty. Hmm, I should've expected this, knowing what kind of company I'm to be dealing with. He thought as he watched her advances tolerantly.

He smiled as Horace and the girl argued. Sipping his wine, he listened to them with amusement. Looking sideways at Horace, he replied with a grin, "No need to apologize, Horace. I'm sure she's just doing her job to the best of her ability." Returning his eyes to the girl as she bowed, he reached out and grasped her hand. Leaning over he bestowed upon it a light kiss, the cold steel of his piercings brushing her fingers. His ithild eyes meeting her brown ones, he said softly, "A pleasure, Paula. I can see that you're an excellent asset to the MadCaps. However, at the moment, as Horace said we are getting to know one another. So I must decline your offer."

If madness was a murder... I'd be a killing spree

Fallen
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2007, 11:40:33 PM »

"A gentleman he is. You should pay attention Horace and you too," she waved at the men in the room, "It would serve you well to know how to treat a lady."

"You...You Paula a lady??" A brown haired thief asked, "When?" And he laughed and others joined him.

Paula quick as a blink turned and a small little razor sharp knife went whistling through the air and landed with a thump a mere nailsbreath from the thief's ear. "I could have put it through your lauging throat." she said.

"Come on Paula, Jakal was just funnin, wasn't you jakal?"

Jakal was checking his ear to make sure it was not cut. "Yeah, Paula. I was just a funnin."

Paula turned back to Fallen. "A lady has to learn to protect herself these days. My bedchamber is just up there...you know when you finish your business and wish to pursue other, more interesting pursuits." She invited Fallen with a bat of her lashes and another ample eyeful before she sauntered off.

"Vigorus girl, isn't she?" Horace asked Fallen with a chuckle.
Fallen
Fatal Rose
Approved Character

Elf, Coor'hem

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2007, 12:17:57 AM »

Fallen's eyes glinted as the blade whistled through the air. Such deadly accuracy in so little time... merely for a slight annoyance. Delightful.

Smirking, the elf turned to Horace. "Indeed she is. This place seems full of colorful characters. Which is well, for I get bored easily." Sipping on his wine, the elf surveyed the mangy occupants of the room. Spying the blade, the elf asked quietly, "Jakal, would you mind retrieving that dagger by your ear and giving it to me?"

Keeping his ithild eyes on the thief, in case he tried anymore 'funnin', Fallen said to Horace, So, how long have you been in the MadCaps, Horace? You have a good standing with the other members, I'm sure."

Fallen
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2007, 12:25:19 AM »

Jakal nodded sullenly and pulled the little wicked knife out of the wood stud and went over and handed it to Fallen just in time to hear Fallen ask Horace a question. Jakal spoke up before Horace could speak. "Ole, "Orace. 'e been 'round longer 'an I kin 'member. Talk is 'e 'sed to be a 'aster thief, 'e was, til 'e lost 'is leg."

Horace frowned as he heard his life story summed up so brief and Jakal's speech did not do it any good either. "Fallen, Jakal may not know how to speak; nor has very good manners, but he is a very good thief. To answer your question, look around you. Most of the men are mere boys; some not even reaching the age of twenty. Jakal here is no older than sixteen, but his black hair, black eyes, dark skin, small framed body as well as a keen sense of balance makes him perfect for a thief."

"Yeah, see Fallen, if'n 'ou git to big, 'ard to climb and not 'ake noise. 'ou make noise, 'ou dead," interrupted Jakal.

" 'less it be 'our first time, 'hen 'ou lose a 'ouple of fingers, or a 'and, dependin 'ho 'ou was stealing from," said Jakal's friend as he sat down opposite of Fallen. Both boys were curious as to their new leader and they warmed up to him quickly. "My name is Roget," he said. Roget was built like Jakal but he had light brown hair and blue eyes, he was also had a caulifloured left ear.

"Fallen, if'n 'ou don't 'ind me askin, where 'ou come from. I mean I know 'ou are an elf, but from what tribe? We don't see many elves in 'our com'any," Jakal asked.

"They be too tall, slim enough but too tall, stand on roof and shadows fall," another of the men said as he too sat at the table wanting to take a look at their new leader; though his was of a different interest than the boys. "My name is Warren. Warren was older than the two boys and he had a grizzled look about his stubble of a beard, grey eyes and he carried several daggars; one with a bright red ruby in its handle. "I handle security around here. The guards that you met when you entered are my men. When you have the inkling to know more about the security of this place, my chamber is over there," he pointed to the side of him to a door with a strange looking symbol on it, "I will gladly show you around" he said interrupting Jakal.

Horace let the others ask the questions as he studied Fallen's reactions and movements.  He tried to memorize everything about the man and yet try not to stare at him or overtly gain his attention.  He knew that Damien would ask him for specific details when he finally talked to him.
Fallen
Fatal Rose
Approved Character

Elf, Coor'hem

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2007, 11:56:38 AM »

Fallen grasped the small blade and examined it, listening to Jakal speak. Horace once a master thief? Horace described what made the boy a good thief, obviously keen on changing the subject. Another, lighter haired, lighter eyed boy introduced himself, adding onto Jakal's testament.

The elf's face shifted slightly at the inquiry of his origins. Before he could answer, Jakal's question was interrupted by a grizzled man named Warren, introducing himself as head of security. "I must commend you, Warren, on your excellent security measures. I'll be sure to come to you for any questions I may have, though I'm sure you've got everything under control."

Tucking the blade into his sash, Fallen turned to the two boys and leaned back in his chair. "My origins aren't so different from your own. I hail from the continent of Nyblemar, in the CrystalWoods. A truly treacherous tribe inhabits the arid forests, the Coorhem. We're bred to kill, to expect anything at anytime. We spend our lives fighting for territory and prestige, fear and respect, rank and pride. Poison, faulty weapons, assassinations, ambushes, and skirmishes are all second nature to us." Taking a long draught of the wine, he closes his eyes. Family and friends duel each other to the death, altercations are always solved with a duel. Even marriage is a cause for bloodshed..."

Fallen
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2007, 07:04:25 PM »

Horace's eyebrows rose at the mention of Nyblemar.  It was even more pronounced in the two boys, whose mouth's dropped open in awe as they listened to Fallen.

" 'ou not funnin with us Fallen, are 'ou?" Jakal asked. "Ny'bl'mr, is a myth, right Roget?" Jakal asked his friend.

Roget shook his head, "I thought so, but I 'ear tales," Jakal

Both Roget and Jakal starred at Fallen. " 'ou are really from Ny'bl'mr?" They both asked, awe and astonishment in their voices.
Fallen
Fatal Rose
Approved Character

Elf, Coor'hem

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2007, 05:46:39 AM »

Fallen smirked as the boys took fascination and disbelief on his origins. Staring up at the ceiling, the elf answered, "No, it is far from myth, I assure you. In fact, it's the third largest continent on Caelereth. It's mysterious, yes, but hardly non-existent. It's merely difficult to get to, with it's treacherous seas, and even darker denizens."

Finishing his glass of wine, Fallen lowered the chair and placed his cup on the table. Looking towards the two boys, he stated, [color=teal"]My stay in the CrystalWoods was trying, making me into the man I am today. But I had to find a reprieve... so I fled to the Zharkonian Mountains, which split Nybelmar nearly in two. So, did everyone here come from Voldar? Or are there any interesting origins?"[/color]

Fallen
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2007, 03:00:23 AM »

Jakal and Roget sat there fascinated by Fallen's tale of Nyblemar.  Their thoughts were interrupted by Fallen's question.

"Nah, no one 'ere like that," Jakal answered.

"Yeah, all of us, we be born and die in Voldar," Roget concluded.

"Fallen, the previous leader of the MadCaps was, at least the story is told, a noble who did not like the way things were run by the old King.  The old King, Cedric was his name,"

"Mean bastard, 'e was," came Paula's voice drifting down from the rafters interrupting Horace.

"Anyway, he raised taxes so high that most could not pay them. He had those who could not pay put in the dungeon or killed. From what I hear of the dungeon and the old Warden I think I would have rather been killed outright."

"Yeah, the Warden, 'e drank blood, 'e did," Jakal said in a whisper shivering.

Horace sighed in exasperation, "anyway most of the MadCaps are the children of those parents he had killed or sent to the dungeons. Our previous leader gathered all of the orphans and created some sort of a family. He took in, what the ones who are called "civilized" would throw out," Horace said a bit bitterly.

Fallen
Fatal Rose
Approved Character

Elf, Coor'hem

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2007, 05:51:04 AM »

Fallen listened to Horace's tale with interest. So the MadCaps are a family, ragged and uncivilized, but a family nonetheless. Fallen mused with a new outlook on the group.

"Seems like you're all grateful to have Cedric de-throned. A man who abuses his power is a man who will surely be brought down." Running a finger along his pointed ear, the elf continued, "So, shunned by society, the miscreants of the city flock here, to join this... family. In my opinion, you're better off here; society's nothing you want to be part of."

Turning his eyes to Horace, Fallen questioned, "How about you, Horace? What brought you to the MadCaps?"

Fallen
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2007, 01:50:07 AM »

"Protection mainly. I liked working alone. I did not need to split my spoils with anyone that way. But when you steal from a Count, especially one called Run'ior, he does not give up until your dead. So I asked for asylum here and was granted it, but for a few years I had to give more than the usual ten percent, I had to give twenty, which I gladly paid; gradually I became very close friends to our leader, until Chykolis and his men murdered him.  I wonder why he did that? Our leader would have struck a bargain with Chykolis. Is Chykolis from Nyblemar as well? And why the change in leadership? Is there something going on?" Horace paused as he thought he was pushing things a bit much. "I think I may have asked that question already."

Most of what Horace said was true, but the one he went for help to was Damien, for he and Damien knew each other. It was Damien's idea to send him to the MadCaps with the appeal for asylm for several reasons, the main one was to keep an eye on the MadCaps and keep him abreast of their activities.  Damien knew that buisness was buisness and that there would always be an undergound society. He struck a bargain with the leader and status was quid pro quo, but now with Fallen as the new leader, under Chykolis, Horace wondered what Damien would do?
Fallen
Fatal Rose
Approved Character

Elf, Coor'hem

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2007, 10:18:49 AM »

Fallen listened to the man's tale intently. It all seemed plausible, but the elf frowned slightly. Horace was seeming anxious in his asking so many questions. Running a finger through his mass of purple hair, the Coor'hem replied, "To be honest, Horace, I don't know why Chykolis did what he did. He is a mysterious man with hidden intentions, and don't make the mistake of thinking he tells me half of what's going on in his mind."

Staring into space for several moments, the elf let his thoughts run. He himself wondered what Chykolis was up to, the man must have something planned. Why would he kill off an important man before attempting negotiation? Perhaps he was leaving no room for surprises and false allies... something common amongst the Coor'hem as well. Whatever his motives were, Fallen would just have to wait and watch impatiently.

Fallen
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2007, 01:32:05 AM »

Horace nodded, "I see, our previous leader was also that way too, until it came time for action and then he would lay it all out, give us our instructions and away we went."

"I 'member, last time we swept through the city like a flock of Wynd Racers and returned with enough loot to keep us indoors if'n we wanted to for the whole winter." Jakal said, his speech becoming a bit clearer each time he spoke.
Fallen
Fatal Rose
Approved Character

Elf, Coor'hem

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2007, 01:28:36 PM »

The Coor'hem listened to Horace and Jakal's accounts of their former leader, playing absent-mindedly with one of his lip piercings."Your ex-leader seemed to know what he was doing... a shame he is gone now. But times change, power switches hands, and we must all adjust."

Jakal spoke noticeably better than he had at the outset, perhaps once he got comfortable he could speak around certain others? Waving it aside, Fallen fell silent as he stared at the wooden table. Drumming his fingers on its surface, he forgot about the others in the room as his poetic mind tried wrapping itself around a concept.

Fallen
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2007, 01:20:08 AM »

Suddenly the room began to fill up as more and more urchins, thieves, whores and even murderers found their places; some went to sleep, others played some card games, and others just talked quietly amongst themselves. "No good being out there tonight," a small man with a gimp in his leg said as he sat down by Horace and openly stared at Fallen.

He poured himself some wine and speared a piece of meat, eating it and washing it down noisily. He wiped his mouth of with his sleeve. "Horace, who might this be?"

"His name is Fallen and he will be our new leader."

The man drank more wine and then belched. "So Chykolis got it too. Leadership in this place sure does change fast around here."

"Fallen works for Chykolis, Raleigh."

"Oh," He stared at Fallen for sometime then asked, "Not to be rude or nothing, but your purple hair, and all that metal your wearing makes you stick out like a sore thumb.  However since your the new leader and you do not need to go and make a living, your looks should be no bother."

Jakal, Roget gasped, and even Horace's eyebrows rose. The room suddenly became very quiet. You do not tell the leader that he is lazy or lives off of the spoils of others. Horace knew that Raleigh did not care much for authority and he even cared less that he had to give ten percent of his spoils to a man who, to Raleigh, just sat, and got rich and fat off of the sweat of others.  Horace wondered how Fallen would handle this situation.

Jakal and Roget were wondering the same as they stared both at Fallen then back at Raleigh and then back at Fallen.

Raleigh was drunk when he entered the room and his mind was a bit hazy but when the room became silent and all eyes went to him and then to Fallen, a piece of coherence entered and he thought he may have said or done something wrong, but for the life of him he could not say what.
Fallen
Fatal Rose
Approved Character

Elf, Coor'hem

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2007, 02:37:28 PM »

As the room filled with its occupants, a gimp-legged man sat down at  the table. The elf listened with a smile as Raleigh believed he had slain Chykolis. This smile quickly dissappeared at the man's next comment.

His cool, collected calm quickly vanished; and in a flurry of movement, Fallen unclasped his chain from around his wrist and let fly a vicious, metal whip from under his sleeve, aimed at the man's face. In the next breath Fallen was upon the table, scattering it's contents, reaching for Raleigh's throat, screaming in a gutteral growl.

"Insolent fool! Do you truly believe being a leader is all fun and games? You think it's fun to be in charge of miniscule little vermin like you? You'd best learn to hold your tongue before you let it fly!"

His eyes burning with rage and insanity, Fallen gazed straight into Raleigh's, daring him to make a false remark.

Fallen
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]