Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Malgion's Hideout(Voldar)  (Read 26075 times)
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2007, 02:34:09 AM »

Horace was sitting on a thread bare barely cushioned chair next to the rather ornate and heavily cushioned throne in the middle of the MadCaps's hideout. Horace wanted to sit on the throne, but he did not know when Fallen would return and it would not bode well to be sitting in their new leaders chair when he did.

Horace absentmindly scratched at his wooden leg even though he could not feel anything.  His eyes were open and he seemed to be looking across the room but his mind was leagues away.  A new leader. Something was happening, but what? And how to get word to the Commander without compromising himself?

Suddenly the door across the room opened and in walked Taloon along with Jakal and Roget.  What caught Horace's attention to bring him out of his daydreaming were the two sacks that Roget had slung over his shoulders.  The three of them walked to a table near the center and Roget put the sacks down upon it. Horace could see a pair of legs sticking out of both of the sacks: one pair was covered with pants and were long, the other pair was bare, white and slender. Coor, they kidnapped some people! What in the world are they thinking? Horace thought.

He rose and hobbled over to them and looked down at the sacks. The pant legged figure was not moving, but the bare legged one was beginning to stir. Horace glared at Taloon. "What is this?" He asked.

Taloon glared back, not giving an inch. "These two were begging without permission. Remember what happened to me when I tried thieving without permission? I was given a choice, either join or have one of my hands cut off. I figured what was fair for me was fair for them, so I had Jakal and Roget pick them up."

Horace rubbed his chin thoughtfully. Taloon had a lot of anger built up inside. He was young, smart and dangerous. No wonder Fallen liked him.

"Ok, but did you forget Fallen's orders before he left? We could go on about our usual buisness, but we were not to bring any undue attention to ourselves."

He nodded at the sacks. "Who are they anyway?"

Jakal answered. "Just a boy and a girl. They seem to be sweet on each other."

"The girl is purty. I get to break her in. My job, right 'orace" Roget said grinning.

Horace did not care for this part of their buisness; making young girls into whores and Roget was the one who was given the job of breaking them in. After Roget was done with them, they gladly gave their bodies to others just so that they did not have to sleep with him anymore. He was not rough with the girls, in fact he was quite tender, but he hardly ever bathed and his breath stank like the city's sewers and he also was quite endowed, so much so that when a woman first saw that particular member of his body they would scream and when he entered them they would scream even louder.

"Yes, Roget. It is your job," Horace answered. "Well let's see them," he ordered.

Roget undid the rope around one and pulled the sack off the body. It was a young boy and Horace could see he sprouted quite a bump on the back of his head. He hoped the boy was still alive and breathed a sigh of relief when he saw the boy's chest rise up and down.

The other body was uncovered and Horace saw that it was a girl and as Roget had said she was very pretty. She was slowly stirring and Horace knew that at any moment she would awaken and then the trouble would begin; for them and her.

He looked at her and then back at the boy. His brows furrowed as he continued looking back and forth. There was a familial resemblance between the two. "A brother and sister," mused Horace. "Did you see any parents? Anyone looking for them?" Horace asked.

Taloon was splayed across chair a few peds away from the table, drinking. His job was done, for now. He would let Jakal and Roget talk to Horace.  When he heard Horace mutter "brother and sister" he rose and walked to the table, curious.  He looked at the two and then he too saw the resemblance.

"Yeah, guess so. We thought they were boyfriend and girfriend, never figured they were brother and sister." He turned and walked to the chair and splayed his body once again upon it, his left leg hanging over one of the arms.

Jakal and Roget were awfully quiet thought Horace as they stared at the boy and girl. Horace decided to ask again. "Did you see any parents?"

Jakal and Roget both looked up. "Uh, we don't think so. I think they are just street urchins," Jakal answered.

"You don't think so? Did you look? Did you even think to look? You could have kidnapped someone's children and right now they could be telling the authorities and then the authorities come looking for them and us! Last time the soldiers came looking for us, many of us were captured and killed and we had to find another hiding place! On top of all of that we had Commander Scar after us!" Horace was almost screaming by now.

Roget bowed his head, he looked liked he was about to cry and Jakal just stared down at the boy and girl. Horace turned on Taloon.

"Roget I can understand, even Jakal a little, but your supposed to be smart! What in Coor's name were you thinking?" He asked, yelling at Taloon. "Especially after Fallen's explicit orders," Horace added.

Taloon glared at Horace. He did not like the man and to have him accuse him of being stupid and bringing down the soldiers upon the MadCaps was the last straw. He threw his cup of wine across the room and quick as a blink crossed the open space between himself and Horace and had a knife to Horace's throat before Horace could react.

He snarled."Listen old man. These two have no parents. They are just a couple of street urchins. Beggars, without permission! There is no one looking for them. No parents, no soldiers and if you ever question my judgement again I will kill you!"

He took the knife away from Horace's throat.

Jakal and Roget were staring wild eyed at Taloon. You do not threaten Horace. He may be an old man, but he has many friends, besides he is the second in command.

"There is..." Roget was about to say, a stranger on a horse and the Commander, but Taloon glared at him and Jakal so he stopped in mid-sentence.

"There is what?" Horace asked a bit hoarsely.

"Uh, there is the girl? She is awake and staring at us. She probably has heard everything," Jakal answered for his friend.

Horace swivled around and there lying on the table the girl was wide awake staring at them all with wide eyes and fear written all over her pretty face. Horace was readying himself for the first scream.

Jituska Kouba
Hungry Nymphet
Approved Character

Human, Caltharian

« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2007, 03:51:38 AM »

At first, consciousness was far away still. A feeling of being carried, voices from far away but too far to actually understand. She didn't want to understand, not really. Her body seemed to move of its own accord, her leg twitched but she couldn't stop it. The strain of trying to keep still made her wake up completely. She opened her eyes in shock, but it was dark. No, wait, not dark. Light was filtering through, but something held it back. Some kind of cloth. She tried to listen to what was being said. She heard a voice she recognized; the one who'd hit her. He said it was his job to 'break her in'. Tears almost threatened to spill again when she heard that, but she swallowed them. No use in crying now. She was not going to let it happen, and that was final. And what kind of monsters were they anyway, to want to do that to children? The same kind of monster has her father had been.

She suddenly felt someone pulling on the rope around her legs. She closed her eyes quickly, not wishing them to see that she was already awake. The sack was drawn over her head, the light that followed was almost blinding even through her closed eyelids, and despite them being somewhere underground, or so she thought from the way she heard the voices. They were in any case not outside anymore. She listened to the ensuing conversation, careful to keep her eyes closed but relaxed. Well, at least this new guy was smart, he used his eyes.

His voice sounded a little different suddenly. Jituska dared open one eye a tad bit and watch the proceedings through the crack. She was scared, she suddenly realised. She'd been too bent on not letting them know that she was awake, that she hadn't known before, but she was terrified of these people. Not for the hurt they would make her have. Well, not entirely. But because they were so tough, so... low, somehow.

When one of the men attacked the smart old one, her fear multiplied about tenfold. She completely forgot that she was supposed to be unconscious. Her eyes flew open and she watched, horrified, as the man was threatened. Before she could remember to close her eyes again, the friend of the one who'd hit her - Jakal, she had heard people call him, he was the one who'd scared her earlier with his knifework - had seen that she was looking at them. Now she was really afraid. Her hands started shaking, and the urge to cry was back, stronger than before. She bit her lip to stop the tears from spilling, but it didn't help. She didn't scream though. She would never scream, just as she had never screamed when father had hurt her. It was a form of power, in an otherwise helpless situation. She didn't know where she found the strength, but it was comforting to know that she did.

She realised that she was still lying down, looking up at the men, who were now quiet. She couldn't bear to see the grin on Roget's face, so she tried to ignore him. Instead, she locked her large brown eyes on the older man. Then she sat up. There was no point in staying down, was there? She grabbed the edge of the table with one hand to steady herself - or to stop it from shaking, she wasn't sure which. When she was sitting upright, her legs hanging over the side of the table, she scrubbed her cheeks with a grubby and shaking hand, trying to wipe away the tears even though they were still streaming. She wanted to look at Tojzek, see how he was doing, but she didn't dare. She kept her eyes locked with the old man's. Her heart was racing, she could feel it up in her throat. What was going to happen now? Was the hurt going to come now? It was becoming harder to keep from screaming, so she bit her lip again. That was a kind of hurt she could handle. On some level of subconsciousness, she knew that she'd drawn blood by biting so hard, but it didn't register. And besides, it was better than relinquishing what little control she had over herself.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2007, 03:18:08 AM »

She did not scream. was Horace's first thought as he stared at the girl. Perhaps she is a mute? was his second thought as he saw her sit up holding onto the table with one hand; her eyes flicking back and forth between him and the others. Horace saw the fear but he also saw a resolve in her that made him admire her. He also noticed a drop of blood on her bottom lip.

Roget walked over to her and put his hand up to stroke her hair. "She is purty. 'sn't she 'orace," he asked.

Horace nodded and he knew what Roget had planned for the girl and his stomache flip-flopped. Why he had more concern for this one, than he had for the othes he did not know; perhaps it was the resolve he had seen, where the others had just wanted it to get over with so that they could go to work and make some coin: after all they had chosen their life's work, but this girl had not chosen to be a whore. She was going to be forced against her will to be ravaged, raped by Roget. Her innocence taken away violently and to replaced with a numbness that would carry her to her first few male callers until it became juat a way of life; knowing that above everything else is what turned Horace's stomache.

And it was at that moment that he sealed his fate.

Suddenly Jakal cursed and pulled out his cudgel. "I thought I hit that boy hard enough to knock him out for a week and here he is waking up."

"So what are you doing with your cudgel out? He is unarmed I assume. And his attention will be on his aching head. He is harmless." Horace said.

"Yeah, your probably right Horace," Jakal said slowly putting his cudgel in his belt.

Taloon who had been staring at the gril and wishing silently that he would be the one to break her in instead of Roget. It would be nice just once to not have to bed a whore, but a real girl, even if this one was a bit young. However he knew that most of the whores who made the most coin, were either young themselves, or made themselves look young. The younger for some of the Noble's who would secretly at night pick up a whore, the better.

Taloon, liked them young, not as young as others, and this one was young, but she was fresh and that is what made Taloon want her, but he would not break the rules of the MadCaps again, though he was awfully close when he threatened Horace and that was why he had drawn back.

When Jakal swore Taloon tore his eyes away from the girl and looked at slowly stirring boy. He knew that the boy, the brother of the girl was very protective of his sister and would not be harmless once he regained all of his faculties. He kept his daggar near his side instead of sheathing it, just in case he was right.

Horace turned back to the girl. "She has not screamed. She just stares at us. Perhaps she is a mute," He said voicing his thoughts.

Jakal shook his head no. "No, Horace. She can speak. I talked with her before we took her," He said.

Horace's eyes widenend. "Really? Then why has she not screamed?" he asked.

"I don't know," Jakal answered, "Perhaps because she has some spunk to her. I noticed that when she drew an old rusty knife on me."

"Really? She did that?" Horace asked. good for you girl, dangerous, but good for you he thought.

"Yeah, she no nothing about knives. She is just purty," Roget answered moving closer to the girl so that he could stroke her hair.

"Hmm...Where is the knife now?" Horace asked.

Jakal and Roget looked at one another and shrugged their shoulders. "Out in the street somewhere. Roget made her drop it," answered Jakal.

"Ok," Horace said and then turned and looked at the girl. "What is your name?" He asked. 
Jituska Kouba
Hungry Nymphet
Approved Character

Human, Caltharian

« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2007, 11:22:22 PM »

She didn't answer immediately. She was looking at the approaching Roget and deciding if her hate-filled eyes would be enough to deter him, or if she would have to bite him in the hand that was coming closer. Nobody touched her hair, except Tojz! Certainly not some sweaty, smelly, practically toothless guy. He seemed not to notice though. Was he just so stupid? Could he not feel the radiation of the hatred?

She could feel it, in any case, washing through her in larger and larger waves which seemed to drown out any feeling of fear that she had moments ago. If he touched her... if he even came close to touching her, he would feel it. She didn't need a knife to get him where it hurt most. When the hand was only nailsbreadths from her hair, she jerked her head to the side and jumped off the table on the other side, effectively putting it between her and the brute. Her knees almost buckled, she felt weak because she hadn't eaten in too long. She only remained standing because she grabbed the edge of the table. Only then did she direct her eyes towards the older man, the hatred still too strong to let her feel fear. She spat out:

"My name is Jituska." There was no reason to hide it, really, so she didn't. "And I don't scream because I refuse to. Just like I refuse to do what you want me to do. I will kill myself before I let anyone do that to me again." She was gripping the table in front of her, hard. Her knuckles were white from gripping, but still it wasn't out of fear. That was all gone. All it had left was resolve, resolve and hatred. She didn't know how, but she would do as she promised.

As she was standing there, glaring at the men on the other side of the table, she felt a headache coming up, joining the sore throat that she still had, to which she hadn't paid attention since waking up. Great. Just wonderful. She found herself in one of the worst situations ever since Tojzek and she had run away, and now her body decided to make her ill? And Tojzek was still unconscious, she thought. She didn't dare look, though. She had to keep her attention on those men, in case they tried anything. Of course she knew that she wouldn't be able to withstand even two of them, if they were set on their little scheme. But if she couldn't fulfil her promise of killing herself, she would make them regret it. For the rest of their lives, if she could help it.

Her stomach growled loudly. The sound took her back to that morning, when she'd woken up. How much a human mood could change in so little time. How much time had passed since then? Tojz had said it was a little before noon. And now, what? Noon? Maybe not even that yet. In less than an hour she'd gone from hopeful to afraid to unconscious to afraid to full of hate.

They were idle thoughts, she knew. They came all at once, in the few seconds between talking and the men's reaction, which would come any moment now. She glared at them one after the other, putting most of her hatred in the look she directed at Roget. It almost felt like enough hatred to make him wither on the spot. It made her eyes hurt, although that could also be the headache troubling her.

An itch started in her throat just as she looked back at the old man. It was too powerful to fight against. Just moments after she'd talked, a cough made its way from the depth of her lungs to her mouth, wrecking her small frame. She wanted to curse the cold that had started, but couldn't, too busy coughing. It made some kind of slime come up. When the cough subsided, it left her weak in the knees and teary. This was the look she directed at the elderly man with the wooden leg, instead of the one filled with hatred that she meant.

Tojzek Kouba
Young Sentinel
Approved Character

Human, Caltharian

« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2007, 07:47:00 PM »

The first thing Tojzek felt was pain.  His whole head seemed to be throbbing too hard to allow himself to think.  One hand reached slowly up and passed through his hair, delicately checking for blood and was surprised when it found none, only a large, painful bruise.  Now, where the hell was he?  Trying to fight the pain and work out what had happened from his rather sluggish memory, Tojzek heard vague voices around him.  Men’s voices.  Remembering he had eyes as well as ears, the young boy opened them slowly and the room swam equally slowly into focus. 

His sister sat on a table, tense and pale, though seemingly unharmed.  Four men stood around in various states of leering, one touching her hair in a way Tojzek really did not like.  But the anger was not as powerful or pure as it had been before; smothered by a fug of confusion and headache.  Tojzek could feel the emotion brewing inside him, but his insides seemed further away now, as if he was watching the passion from a distance.  The dizziness remained, fizzing quietly away in his head, though apparently louder than the blurry voices around him.  Knife?  Did they mention his knife?  He’d had it hadn’t he?  The boy looked down at his hand as if expecting it to be there, then back to the men surrounding them.

Tojzek thought he recognised some of them, yes, he’d seen them before, in an alley?  Tojzek pushed his mind towards the memory.  Yes!  Everything had happened so quickly - one moment he had been standing there holding a knife and the apple bag, then nothing.  He supposed the man must have hit him.  And he must have dropped the knife.  Damn it. That rusty piece of metal had been the only smidgen of a plan he had had.  Even if it hadn’t been a very good or fully formed plan.  Tojzek scanned the room quickly, but saw nothing of interest.  It was plain and devoid of bars and cells, which probably ruled out any official arrest.  So who had they been caught by and why?  What could these men possibly want with them?  Considering their greedy glances at his sister, Tojz thought he might have some idea. He shuddered on her behalf.

Suddenly Jituska’s movement brought him back to full consciousness.  His sister jumped off the other side of her table, shielding herself from the largest man with its rough bulk.  As the little girl began to cough horribly, Tojzek tried to join her, quickly and unexpectedly swinging his legs across the surface and tumbling off the other side.  Unfortunately his legs were not quite ready to support him and buckled as he hit the floor.  The momentum kept his body going, and the boy landed sprawled out on the floor, winded and fighting the overwhelming dizziness which threatened to send him into unconsciousness once more.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2007, 04:01:23 AM »

One thought screamed at Horace when the young girl spoke. "My name is Jituska.... And I don't scream because I refuse to. Just like I refuse to do what you want me to do. I will kill myself before I let anyone do that to me again."  She was not a virgin and whoever had taken this girl's innocence had done so in a manner that had caused her to rather take her own life than go through whatever pain had been inflicted upon her. Her voice told him that she meant it, even if her body was weak as he watched her grip the table using it as a barrier between herself and Roget.

Just as he was about to speak, the boy rolled over the table as well, probably trying to protect his sister, thought Horace, but he landed on wobbly legs and crashed unceremoniously upon the floor.

Taloon, quck as a blink, was at the boy's throat with daggar drawn. Jakal was smiling wickedly as he slowly made his way around the table on the other side toward the girl. Roget was the only one not moving; he looked at the girl, not comprehending that she could move that fast and that she did not want to be with him.

Horace stood there dumbfounded with the girl staring at him, with tears forming in her eyes and her brother laying a ped from him with Taloon's daggar at his throat. Where to start first?

"Jituska, very pretty name. You hurt Roget's feelings when you rolled away from him. I think you should apologize to him. Say that you are sorry," Jakal said, as he slowly advanced.

Horace suddenly regained his voice and courage. "Jakal stop right where you are. And Taloon, put your daggar away. The boy is not in any condition to be a problem for us. If you are concerned then just keep an eye on him and if he tries anything, and I hope he will not," He glanced down at the boy and tried to convey to him to not start anything and that he would try and protect him and his sister. "however if he does then just knock him out again."

Jakal was surprised at Horace's orders but stopped. "Why Horace? The girl needs a lesson in manners," he said.

"Did you not hear her. She is not a virgin, so that means that Roget does not need to break her in. She already is," Horace answered.

Taloon growled, "I told you before old man..."

"Go ahead and kill the boy then Taloon. But remember after you do so that you will have to face Fallen and tell him why you disobeyed my orders," Horace said, his voice strong but his insides shook.

Taloon glared up at Horace and then rose, took a few steps away from the fallen boy, sat upon the table and watched.

Jakal in the meantime was thinking about what Horace told him. "I suppose you're right Horace. If she is not a virgin then Roget does not have the right to break her in. But how do we know she is not a virgin? She could have just said that so that she would not have to be broken in." Jakal asked.

"Yeah, Jakal right," Roget said, speaking finally.

"If Roget does not mind I could bed her and find out right enough and if I find out she is lying then I will tell Roget and he can finish the job. Ok with you Roget?" Jakal asked.

Roget's heavy brows came together and then he smiled as he looked at Jakal. "Ok, Jakal is friend and would not lie to Roget."

Jakal turned to Horace. "Well, what do you say?" he asked.

Horace looked into Jituska's eyes and could see that she had told the truth but how does he convince Jakal and Roget.  "Her brother would know if she was a virgin or not. We will ask him," Horace said.

Taloon laughed as he picked his fingernails with his daggar. He drained a cup of wine and poured himself another.

"What is so funny Taloon?" Jakal asked.

"Horace is. Somehow I get the feeling that he is trying to protect the girl. Look at how she stares at him, as if he is her father or someone to rescue her from the bad boys who want to do dirty things to her," he drank from his cup, wiped his mouth with his sleeve, "Ask him why he is acting this way? Go ahead Jakal ask him. I bet a silver bard he cannot tell you a good answer," Taloon challenged.

Horace wanted to glare at Taloon but he was smart enough to know that if he did, that would be all that was needed to prove Taloon correct.

"Why you trying to protect the girl, Horace?" Jakal asked menancingly.

Horace looked at the girl and hoped she would understand his next words. "I am not trying to protect her. I want her for myself," Horace said.

"What? You? Your an old man, with a peg leg," Jakal said.

Taloon sat there silently staring at Horace.

"I may be old and my peg leg has nothing to do with me wanting to bed this girl. I am in command until Fallen returns which means, for those of you listening, that I get to have whatever I want and no one can stop me and I want the girl!" Horace said. 

It was the best he could do. He could not do anything for her brother, at least not right now, but at least he could save the girl from Roget and Jakal.
Jituska Kouba
Hungry Nymphet
Approved Character

Human, Caltharian

« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2007, 06:00:50 PM »

Before she knew what was happening, Tojzek was lying on the floor next to her, sprawled out, Taloon bending over him with a knife in his hand. She wanted to go to him, but didn't know what the consequence would be. She couldn't get him killed just because she wanted to make sure he was alright! When she looked up again, she saw that Jakal had taken advantage of her distraction. He'd walked around the table, and was now altogether too close for her comfort. She slowly backed away, until she was stopped by another table, which effectively cut off her retreat. The only thing she'd put between her and the leering guy was a very small distance, which he could cross in two strides. Only the words of an old man stopped him from doing so.

Jituska's head swivelled from side to side, trying to see each man as he spoke. This motion stopped when Horace said those last words. She looked at him, tears pooling in her big brown eyes, then falling unheeded, drawing more lines in the dirt on her face. For just a little while, she'd let herself believe that he was taking her side, trying to help her. It had been a moment of hope, dashed in a second. He wanted her for himself. He had not been defending her, no. He wanted to do the same thing to her as the other two men, as her father. And she knew that she could not fulfil her promise. How was she to take her own life here, now? She didn't have any kind of weapon. Her brother, her protector was here but unable to help her - for the second time in her short life. If she'd had a dagger, she'd plant it in her heart. But she didn't.

The betrayal, by her brother even though he couldn't help it and by the old man, and the subsequent despair subdued her in a way that no threats of the other two had been able to do. The fire, the hatred... It was still there, somewhere. She could feel it. But they were cold, numbed by the grief that it was going to happen again. As she was standing there, looking at Horace, she steeled her resolve. Fine then. Let him have her body. It would serve no other purpose. When he was done doing what so many men seemed to deem absolutely necessary, she would find something sharp, a knife or a dagger. After that, he could live with the knowledge that his actions had killed her.

With a quick dash from her hand, she wiped the tears away. No more crying. The time for crying was past now. She'd miss Tojz, though. But he'd understand, she was sure he would. He knew what father had done to her. And he was always trying to get men away from her, wasn't he? Just so that they wouldn't do that to her again. So he had to understand that she couldn't live with it again.

She took one deep breath, and slowly let it out. With that she closed her mind, like she had done those last years when father was hurting her. She'd grown quite adept at that. She refused to feel the pain. To the others, she looked as if she was standing perfectly still, maybe even at ease. But her eyes... Her eyes were completely empty, devoid of any emotion. They blinked only when it was absolutely necessary, otherwise they were just standing open, looking at nothing in particular. After a moment of standing like that, she fell down, her body completely limp, though her eyes stayed open, staring. There was no fear anymore, no hatred, no concern for her brother. Nothing.

While her body waited to be ravaged again, her mind was in a different place. There was a little house there, with nice little playthings and warm clothes and a nice crackling fire. There was a very large key in the door, and she had turned it, and now she could play. Maybe she'd dress up first. It didn't really matter what she did; everything was nice, nothing bad could happen to her in this place. When it was over, she could turn the lock again and go out of the house and make her body move, make it look for something. When it was over.

Tojzek Kouba
Young Sentinel
Approved Character

Human, Caltharian

« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2007, 01:00:19 AM »

The dizziness faded gradually, and Tojz became aware that there was a knife pressed to his throat.  Again.  His chest hurt too now, and he struggled to slow his breathing.  He wanted to seem in control of the situation, or at least of himself. Bringing his hands in towards him, he rolled slowly onto his side so that he could see what was going on, glaring at Taloon with a deep, scornful hatred.  Tojzek might be the lowliest homeless rat in the whole of this damned city, but at least he did not revel in kidnap and rape.  These men were just like his father – dirty, lazy beasts incapable of making a living without harming anyone. How disgusting they were.  Just out of the corner of his eye Tojz could see Jakal advancing on his sister, and there was nothing he could do about it.  He hated this position, these men, the fear for Jituska which raged inside him, and yet he remained still. Recovering.

However, one of the men had yet to surprise him.  The leader, the one with the peg-leg, ordered both his and ‘tuska’s attackers to stop.  Although Tojz didn’t much like the suggestion that Taloon “kill the boy now”, there was something in the look the older man threw him which gave him hope.   Sitting up carefully as Taloon backed off, he watched the argument with slightly more interest than before.  Maybe he should not give up quite yet.  Jituska seemed to have done her usual worrying trick of latching onto older men for protection as well, and perhaps it was working in a good way for once.  Even as Horace told his men that he wanted Jituska for himself, Tojz was unsure.  The lust and greed of the others was obvious to a boy who was constantly on the look out for it, and yet it seemed to be missing from Horace.

Jituska however did not seem to see the difference.  Her eyes filled with water, and Tojz watched, his heart breaking as the tears of betrayal ran down her cheeks.  See what happens when you put your trust in strangers, a traitorous part of him thought.  Strangely the girl seemed to slow, relax, and then simply crumpled to the ground.   Not giving a single thought to the armed men around him, Tojzek half-crawled, half-threw himself across the short distance to her side.  His strong, scrawny arms wrapped around her and lifted her limp body towards him.  As the small delicate head flopped sadly, Tojzek let out a strangled sob. Could she really kill herself like she had promised? No, she wouldn’t do that to him would she?  He needed her.  They needed each other. That was how it worked - that was their life now.  He jumped visibly as her eyes blinked once.

She wasn’t dead?  No, her chest was rising a little too.  So what was happening?  Why was she like this?  The boy looked up, his face a mask of grief and confusion, and saw the men once more.  The sight of those evil worthless faces reminded him of where he was, of who had done this.  He might not know what was going on or how to bring her back, but he sure knew who do blame.  His body curled protectively around his limp sister as he let his anger take full rein, fierce and fearless now that the worst had almost happened.

“What have you done, you bastards,” he snarled, every word causing spit to fly from his mouth in his rage. “Are there not enough willing whores in this city that you have to go after her?”  He took a laboured breath, trying to calm himself down a little.  He needed her better, it was as simple as that, so he must make a deal with these vermin.  The boy turned towards Horace.  His voice was not quite as harsh as before but he was unable dull the accusing tone. “Make her better, leave her with me, and I will make myself far more useful to you than a little night-time entertainment, I promise you.”  As much as he despised the idea, if it saved Jituska, it would be worth it.  He continued to stare at Horace, his gaze somewhere between threatening and pleading.  His heart pumped furiously and his head seemed to throb in time with it, the pain beginning to come back to him now he was still.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 01:02:46 AM by Tojzek Kouba » Logged

Seh'nara Celebrindal
Swift Ranger
Story Mod

Elf, Tethinrhim

« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2007, 06:38:44 PM »

Jakal was furious. "You little brat! We shall take whoever we want! And your sister is wanted," he leered at her, hands itching to strangle the obstacle in the way of him and his prize.   

Horace was looking at the boy thoughtfully, his eyes boring into the boy's own. He could see detest in the boy's eyes, but also a little hope, a small plea for help. Horace didn't move, didn't give any indication that he was touched by the pathetic pair on the floor, nor the sacrifice the brother was willing to give for his sister. At Jakal's threat, however, he snapped into action. His gruff voice cut sharply through Jakal's lust.

"Enough, you! The boy's offer is valid. We can always use some new fingers."

Three pairs of eyes snapped to his face. "What?" The three cried in unision. "Horace, are you crazy? The first thing we do if we let them go is for them to run squealing to the guards," Taloon said, jumping off the table.

"Roget want the girl!" Roget yelled.

"Who will train them? They'll be caught without any training so quick it would be like they weren't there!" Jakal said.

"STOP!" Horace yelled, voice straining to be head over the protests. He turned to the boy. "Are you really willing to become a criminal for your sister?" he asked.

Tojzek Kouba
Young Sentinel
Approved Character

Human, Caltharian

« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2007, 08:59:11 PM »

Tojzek refused to even look at Jakal as he spouted something in return for the boy’s insolence.  He could hear the leer in the man’s voice and it only made him angrier, more determined to see this through.  Like the cat caught in the corner, Tojzek tensed, ready for a fight if it came.  And although the cat knows in its heart of hearts that it is too weak to defend itself against the oncoming attack, still it acts confident, dangerous, hoping to scare the attackers enough to give it a chance to get away.  Tojzek hoped the man in front of him was going to provide that chance.

For those few moments before his answer, Horace was unreadable. Tojz wondered if he had gone too far, if they would both now be slaughtered like the disposable creatures these people took them for.  He held onto Jituska’s limp form, taking a little comfort from its warm weight.  When would she wake up?  The possibility that she never would was quickly pushed to the back of his mind.  The young guardian had no idea what he would do then - his life would just become one long, meaningless search for food and shelter.  Of course it was one long search for food and shelter now, but protecting the little girl made it worth something.  What would he become without her?  Tojzek had seen men living on the streets, so lonely, screaming out for human contact, purposeless and useless.  When they died it was simply one less tramp on the streets; their death cleaned up the city, no more.  He didn’t want to become like that.

Fortunately for the two children, Horace came through, arguing with the three others on their behalf.  Tojz’s suspicious mind wondered why exactly, did he hope to gain something from the two of them?  Never mind, it didn’t matter now, he would have to just accept it.  His sister was still not going to be parted from his side around these men.  Not unless they physically dragged him away.  Unfortunately, pondered Tojz, this was well within their capabilities.

Suddenly Horace turned to the boy crouched on the floor, asking him a question.  Tojzek thought it a strange one – what other choice did he have?  He had nothing but skills to give them in return for their…what was it they were giving him again?  Oh yes, in return they would not rape his sister.  Bastards.  Tojzek felt the anger grow at this thought.  He hated the way they had forced him into this situation, how they had captured him and made him make this offer.  And now they were acting as if he had a choice?  The boy tried to keep his voice civil as he answered the question. 

“Yes, I am.” he stated simply, I would do anything for her. “And I don’t need your training” he answered Jakal’s previous comment. “We’ve survived on the streets all our lives, I’m sure we can dig up some skills from somewhere.”  An exaggeration, but no matter, these men had no way of knowing who he was anyway, and why would they care?  Together he and Jituska would find a way of doing whatever it was they wanted.  He wondered exactly how long it would be before they would be free again.  Still, in a world of bad options, this was the most promising.

Seh'nara Celebrindal
Swift Ranger
Story Mod

Elf, Tethinrhim

« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2007, 11:10:48 PM »

Horace smiled inwardly. The answer that the boy gave was a smart one. In retrospect, it was the only one. "Fine. So be it," Horace proclaimed. His announcement was again recieved with harsh glares and loud protests from the other three.

"You have no idea what you're getting into, old man," Jakal sneered. "Them brats will run to Damien and his dogs, and we'll be cooling our heels in the dungeon!"

"This" Jakal pointed a scrubby finger at the siblings, "will be the reason the MadCaps get captured. This will be our downfall, you fool!" Jakal cried.

Taloon raised his arm in the air. "I agree with Jakal," he said simply. Jakal looked at the man in delight. At last, someone who seems smart. Taloon noticed Jakal's hopeful grin and returned it with a grim smile. "Do not be too happy, Jakal. I actually agree with Horace as well."

Jakal's look of glee morphed into a face of disgust. "What are you saying?" Jakal said, distasteful tone.

"I'm saying that we allow them in. Of course, I agree with your scenario, and I agree with it. So, we keep the girl for as long as the boy is away on his little trips. If we're ratted out, she..." at this Taloon drew a finger across his neck, acompanying it with a sickening sound, making her fate obvious to all. A sick smile grew on his face.

Horace had looked on the arguments with a neutral look on his face. He disliked Jakal's assumptions, but neither did he like Taloon's prefered punishment. "Enough," he said, instantly quelling any arguments between Taloon and Jakal. "Jakal, it surprises me that you want to get rid of them so soon, when you're the one who brought them here," Horace said dryly. "What? You.. you... how dare you..." Jakal spluttered.

Horace turned to the boy, his face barely hiding a smile at Jakal's embarassment. "You heard the man. Anything, and your sister gets it." A wave of his hand later, and the children found themselves roughly grabbed and in one of the hideout's cages. "You'll stay there until we need you." Horace stood up shakily and threw an apple at both of them. "That's your food," he sneeered.

Taloon laughed outright at the cruelty Horace was showing. It sickened Horace to see them lying there, and it made him want to put back his lunch when Taloon laughed. "Alright, boy," Horace spat out the word. "You shall go on pickpocketing trips. Your sister will stay here. You rat her out, she dies. Any questions?"
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 11:35:41 PM by Seh'nara Celebrindal » Logged

Tojzek Kouba
Young Sentinel
Approved Character

Human, Caltharian

« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2007, 12:46:33 AM »

The four men quickly dissolved into arguments once more at Horace’s agreement.   Tojzek watched the discussion with minimal interest at first, wondering how the men ever got anything done.  The boy continued to huddle over his sister’s inert body, one hand tenderly stroking her hair.  His whole being seemed to be wishing her to wake up, to speak again, but there was no response.  Couldn’t she hear his call?  It was practically screaming out of him, even though he made no actual sound. Tozek’s ears pricked at the information the man Jakal unwittingly gave out.  These were the Madcaps?  The strange name meant nothing to him.  And who was this Damien they were so scared of?  Tojzek stored these possibly useful nuggets away for later examination.

At Taloon’s suggestion, with accompanying actions, Tojzek felt his anger rise again.  Had they not done enough!  He cursed himself for being so obvious about caring for her and the hatred was once more visible on his face.  How could he be so stupid - putting her in more danger?  Whatever she had wanted before she became so strangely limp, he would never forgive himself if his own actions got her killed.  For a few seconds he was unable to speak out against the absurdity, his throat constricted with passionate anger.

Suddenly Tojzek was being pulled roughly across the floor, his arms parted from his sister.  He struggled violently against the movement, but was quickly thrown down again - bars clanking around him.  Jituska was beside him, and he quickly straightened her limbs to make her look like she was simply sleeping.  An apple, thrown by Horace, hit him on the shoulder, and rolled to the side of the cage, gathering dust and dirt.  Tojzek looked up at him from his position on the floor.

“Any questions?” Horace snarled, now seeming more like the other vicious three.  Tojzek took no notice of the fearsome tone, replying finally to Taloon’s horrible idea. “I said I would work for you if you made her better and then left her with me. Sir”, he quickly added, accustomed to the unfelt show of respect.  “The two of us work better together, as a team.  Without her I would get caught.”  His tone was bitter and the anger from before was still noticeable, but there was now a hint of exhaustion, unwilling acceptance.  The boy turned to Jakal.  “And I don’t know this Damien you’re talking about, so I don’t know how I would run to him or why he should believe me if I did.  I have no money or weapon because you took them from me, so I can’t flee the city without both of us starving to death.”  His voice grew scarper. “And I can’t work for you when my mind is constantly thinking about what the rest of you might be doing to my sister.”  The boy halted his speech abruptly.  He had said his piece and he could only hope that they both believed and understood him.  His stomach churned once more at being forced to leave her behind.

Tojzek's own words brought back to him how very stuck the two siblings were.   The winter had been a hard one, and they had only really survived due to one lucky job from a kind-hearted farmer.  They were both thin and exhausted – he was not sure how much longer Jituska could keep on having these constant colds.  Where else did they have to go?  The city was supposed to be a rest for them, the coming summer a time of relaxation and recuperation.  He had hoped to get a more permanent job here, maybe one that would last them through next winter too.  But no, as Tojzek had always suspected deep down, it was not to be.

Jituska Kouba
Hungry Nymphet
Approved Character

Human, Caltharian

« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2007, 09:33:19 PM »

Something was not right. It was not that her body was being used; it was precisely the fact that nothing was happening that alerted her. Something seemed to be tugging on her consciousness to return to her body. Something that had a strong feel of Tojzek to it. But could she trust this? Could her mind return to that thing that the men wanted to use?

A soft sigh escaped her lips, then another one that had a distinct sound of 'Tojz' in it. Then, from one moment to the next, she came back fully. She felt Tojzek close by, and her first reaction was to fly towards him and wrap her arms around him, seeking protection from the bad things. Soon he was rocking her, stroking her hair, calming her down. In the end, she dared let go of him to look around.

Something had happened while she'd been away; they were now in a cage, the four men looking in from outside. It confused her. Why did they not do what they'd said they would do? She looked from them to her brother, seeking clarification from him. "Tojz? What happened? Why are we in a cage? Are they still going to be monsters?" She talked as if they couldn't hear her, even though she was fully aware that they could. It was her way of showing the hatred that she felt for all four of them. She knew that she couldn't ignore them forever, but for now she could just pretend that she and her brother were the only ones present here.

She took the apple that she found lying near her, and without taking the time to properly clean it she bit into it. It wasn't enough, not by far. But it was something, at least. The downside of course was that her stomache remembered just how hungry it was, and the illness let her know that it was still there, by making her cough - not nearly as badly as before though. She quickly gobbled down the apple, down to the last bit, so that the only thing remaining was the stalk. She considered for a moment, but decided not to eat that after all. She eyed the other apple as well, but decided against it - after all, there seemed to be only two and Tojzek hadn't had one yet, she thought. She looked away from it and towards her brother, searching his face, looking to see if what he said was true. If it was... She could help him. She knew he didn't like it, but she could pickpocket. And she'd to anything not to have them come near her.

Seh'nara Celebrindal
Swift Ranger
Story Mod

Elf, Tethinrhim

« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2007, 06:42:17 PM »

Horace listened to the boy. The boy, young as he may be, spoke sense. If you cared about someone, they would be on your mind, especially if they might be in danger. It would constantly nag at you, hindering your ability to work and breaking your concentration. But without an incentive for them to behave, they might escape and bring the guards, Horace knew. "No, boy," Horace growled. "You are to go alone. Safety precaution, you understand."

Horace turned away from the defiant looks of the children. He started walking towards the door, his peg leg making a clipping sound as he stepped on the stone floor. Suddenly, Jakal snapped his fingers, halting Horace in his tracks. "How 'bout this, I go wit both of them, make sure they don't get into trouble or try to rat us out," Jakal suggested. Horace, Taloon, and Roget turned to him, all surprised at his offer.

Jakal looked at the kids with disgust in his eyes. "I am willing to go and keep an eye on them."

Taloon immediately spoke up. "Are you sure you're just going to keep an eye on them, Jakal?" he asked, malice in his tone. "You don't want to just kill the boy and take the girl, are you?"

Jakal narrowed his eyes at Taloon. "No, I swear to keep them safe, and to keep us safe," he vowed. He looked at Horace. It was his call.

Horace looked at the Jakal thoughtfully. It was a good suggestion, really. He could get Jakal away from Taloon, the siblings would perform better, and any unwanted behaviour could be punished by Jakal there without any need for Horace.

Horace hobbled back to where the other three were grouped. "Really, Jakal, I thought you hated them," he said, staring hard at Jakal. Jakal stared back, defiance in his gaze. After a long moment, Horace looked away, to the kids. "Fine. Both of you can go. Jakal will tag along to make sure no hanky panky is done. You start in an hour. The three of you, git. Leave them alone." Horace said.

At his order, a few grumbles were raised, but the three shuffled out. Horace slowly made his way to the food cupboard. Taking out a plate, he placed a loaf of bread and a pear. He filled up a pitcher of water, and with both in his hand, he limped to the cage. After placing the food in the cage, he walked out, leaving the children alone. Soon, the only sounds was the water dripping from the ceiling, and the children's breathing.

Tojzek Kouba
Young Sentinel
Approved Character

Human, Caltharian

« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2007, 09:10:23 PM »

Tojzek sat there, waiting for Horace’s reply.  And in those few moments when he took his eyes off the body of his sister, she began to stir.  The smallest sound was enough to alert him to the fact – a tiny breath of a sound which nevertheless managed to form itself into the word “Tojz”.  He sprang to her side as she sprang to him, his arms once more gathering her onto his lap.  The men outside were forgotten for a few moments, ignored in the presence of something far more important.  His heart leapt as she clung onto him as well - she was back. She was back.  It was ok.  He held her like a baby and rocked his whole body back and forth, the motion as much a comfort for him as it was for her.  A now-steady hand found her head and began smoothly stroking from her temple to behind her ear.

Just as Jituska was calm enough and pulled away from him, Horace decided to speak.  Tojz did understand, but he did not want to.  What would happen whilst he was away?  Would he even be able to find his way around in this city?  Lacking any knowledge of the city could cause him a few problems. And what would happen if he was late back?  Jituska’s own question enhanced the feeling of guilt brewing inside his breast.  How could he tell her that he had to go and work for these men; that he had to abandon her alone in this cage.  And without sending her back into that scary half-dead state.  As she reached for the dirty apple, he took one deep breath, ready to explain as carefully as possible, but Jakal got there before him.

The boy was just as suspicious as Horace when Jakal made his offer.  The disgust and loathing in the man’s eyes did not speak well for his good intentions.  A rush of protective anger coursed through his tired muscles and he glared back at the man with equal loathing.  But as ever, Tojzek had little say in the matter and could only watch as the three agreed with Jakal before being sent off by Horace.  The older man then went to a cupboard beside the cage, and came back with a full loaf of bread and a pear.  As soon as the man left, the boy pulled the plate towards him, ripping off a large chunk of loaf for both him and his sister.  He passed it to her and carefully began to explain their fate.

“No, ‘tuska, I don’t think they’re going to be monsters.”  The happy news was accompanied by a concerned frown.  “We have to work for them. The Jakal guy is taking us out for a pick pocketing trip I think.”  He sighed, his fearful worrying showing through now that the men had left.  He could not help feeling disturbed by the bars caging them in and the fact that they were completely at the whim of four unpredictable criminals.  Biting into his piece of bread, he chewed slowly.  Although he was desperately hungry, his throat didn’t seem to want to swallow and he reached for the pitcher of water to sooth it.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]