Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brok's Rest.(Nyermersis)  (Read 37747 times)
Cherri Rowandyn
Elemental Mage
Approved Character

Elf, Quaelhoirhim / Ylfferhim / Sanhorrhim

« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2006, 09:44:23 AM »

Dia watched as the crowd inside seemed to hush to whispers where as before there was loud bursts of laughter and bellowing for more ale, food, and women.  Her eyes were drawn to the figure the barkeep was falling over himself to welcome.  'He must be important' Dia thought.  Then her eyes landed upon his pet.  Dia loved all sorts of friendly animals.  She found animals possessed a grace that no other creature could match, except perhaps the elves.  Then as her eyes adjusted to the the bright light the open door had allowed in she saw that this pet was no ordinary dog, but a wolf.  Her eyes grew round and she instinctively pressed closer to Manik.  She was at first scared of the wolf, but then became intrigued by it.  A slender feminine hand had absently come to rest on Manik's shoulder and her hips and thighs were now touching Manik's body.  

Dia saw the Lt. looked startled and before she could open her mouth to tell him anything he had already drawn his dagger and swiveled around to meet the growling of the wolf.  

Personal Page
Cherri Rowandyn
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

Cherri Rowandyn
Keep your friends close; keep your enemies closer.
Sammykins
Ilaróls, Nyerismysy's Pet
Approved Character

Wolf, Mithral (Ilaróls)

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2006, 02:20:23 PM »

Her lips curled within a moment as the man turned and her one eye caught the glisten of light off his blade. Her ears slammed against her strong skull and the fur on her shoulders raised slightly.

She positioned herself between Christian and the man, her ebony lips prying away from snowing white teeth, a faint trace of blood from her earlier meal still clinging to the whiteness. Her maw parted just a tiny bit, her tongue showing as a deep, utteral snarl pressed forward from deep within her chest. Her tail curled slightly over her back in a dominant position as she stood.

She didn't move another muscle, simply stared at the man with one firey amber eye. Her other eye a pale, cold blue. Her damp ebony nose glistened in the flickering lights within the room. Throughout her form her muscles rippled beneath her multi-colored coat. She waited to be told to attack... she did not move another muscle.

She noted the other being... a woman but made no movement to even look to her. At this point she was no threat, though Sammy was ready for that to possibly change at any moment.

"I am Wolf.
It is my cry you hear in the night,
My eyes that gaze at you from the shadows.
It is my heart that beats in your Soul,
My strength that makes you whole.
I am Wolf. I am in you.
You are in Me. We Are Wolf."
Manik Targin
Guard of Nyermersys
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2006, 04:05:23 AM »

Quote:
You should know by now Manik that a soldier does what he is ordered to do, no questions asked.

Manik thought that a poor notion. ‘Why’ was a very powerful concept and he could only see it being more so in war. If a man was given a reason for his efforts, one that he believed in, those efforts would be ten-fold. No questions made him a tool, which he supposed he was: a tool of war. He would have to have faith that the hand that would weld that tool would have the best interest of his people in mind.

He didn’t know quite what caused the man catch his attention, but Manik noticed that the small crowd in the tavern quickly made way at his appearance. Manik felt Dia’s hand on his shoulder and her press close and tensed seeing the wolf himself. He was no stranger to wolves or the danger, and couldn’t begin to fathom how one had found its way into the tavern. Half-raised to his feet, he watched as Lt. Farrel launched out of his chair. Manik stood at the ready, instinctively reaching his left hand back to Dia’s hip to put her behind him.

Private Dean Winters

When Manik tensed, Dean looked through the bottom of his glass to where his friend seemed to be looking. Choking down the gulp of his ale, he stared wide-eyed at the wolf only peds from where he was sitting. Dean had always lived in towns or cities, and so his startled reaction was typical. His mind worked frantically at what he should do. The man standing behind the wolf was well dressed, and Dean had the feeling he should know who he was. As Lt. Farrel catapulted out of his chair, Dean followed suit. Hand on sword he drew his blade a favorable inch out of the scabbard and waited to follow the Lieutenant’s lead.

Manik Targin

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2006, 12:25:23 AM »

As soon as Farrel heard the growl and saw the familiar wolf he looked behind the animal and saw the Earl. Out of the corner of his eye he had seen Dean start to pull his sword.  He put his daggar away as he put his hand out toward Dean. Sheathe your sword, private." He ordered.

Then he bowed, M'lord, I apologize for my actions.  I did not know you were behind me, I thought it was some other danger."

That did not come out right, thought Farrel.

Christian smiled. "Sammy down," he ordered, "Now Lt. tell me what other danger would you and your men be ready for?"

"M'lord, we had some...problems with a merc and I thought when everything went silent and saw the looks upon my mens faces behind me that he was going to start trouble."

Christian nodded, "Your reflexes are very fast. I am glad that someone's training is not going to waste, he said to Farrel, then he waved to the rest in the inn, "Please everyone go back to your buisness.  "Lt. Farrel, I believe that is your name, may I join you and your men?"  He asked pulling out a chair and sitting down, Sammy lying at his feet.

Farrel smiled, "It would be out pleasure, M'lord.  M'lord, introductions first. The man to your left, is Private Dean Winters, the man sitting across from you is Private Manik Targin and the barmaid standing next to him is called Dia.  Dia would you mind getting the Earl a tankard of your best ale?" Farrel asked.

Christian looked at each man and even gave the barmaid a wink. "So you are the guard who faces down a whole bunch of drunken sailors. And then when being punished, you," he looked at Dean, " come and help him and hold off several very angry and more experienced soldiers than yourselves.  Either you two are very stupid, or very brave.  Since my brother-in-law is here and sitting here and eating and drinking with you. I am inciined to believe that you are brave.  So what are you three talking about?" Christian asked.

Farrel groaned inside. He did not want his men, to know that he had married one of the Earl's sisters and now that sister did not want anything to do with him and vice a versa.  The Earl knew how each other felt and did not blame Farrel.  His sister turned out to be the worst kind of woman...a cheat and one who flaunted her conquests like a banner over her head.

Farrel and her met when he was very young. She became enamored with him, because he refused her advances, finally she convinced her brother that she was in love with him and asked for him to marry them. Farrel at first refused, Christian told her, but she whined and carried on so much that Christian finally forced the marriage.  It was right after their honeymoon that she spied another man that tickled her fancy and took him to her bed.

Farrel was on duty and a hundred leagues away at the time.  When he returned, several months later he started to hear rumors of her escapades with other men. When a man accused her, he fought with the man to protect her honor and killed him.  

Then he found out that the man had been telling the truth.  It was then that he asked the Earl for an annulment, but the Earl would not give it to him, because his sister liked the idea of being married to a soldier.  So Farrel went his way, she went hers, and they never spoke to one another, unless they had to, at official balls, when the men had to be with their wives.  On those rare occasions, Farrel made a brief appearance and then would leave. Everyone at Court knew, but they looked the other way and just laughed behind the Lady's and his back.

And now he had to tell Christian that he was talking to Manik and Dean about the special unit. Something that was supposedly to be a secret and he was talking about it in a very public place.

He faced Christian, "M'lord, I was asking these two men if they wanted to volunteer for that unit that you and the General had discussed."

Christian's eyes narrowed as he looked at Farrel. Then he looked at the two privates, "Well what was your answer?" He asked.

"M'lord, they asked for some time to think about it and then private Manik asked why we were going to war. I told them I did not know, but soldiers followed orders."

Christian peered at Manik and then noticed the barmaid still there. He looked up at her, "I assume you too know about this? I will also assume that if you talk and I find out about it you know your life is forfiet." He said quietly.

He then turned his blue eyes back upon Manik. "Private I would have thought you would have learned your lesson about asking why? As your Lt. said, a soldier follows orders.  But in this case I will answer your question.  My cousin Cedric the Fourth and another one Trellor the Less, were murdered.  If you know Voldar's history, then you know that Cedric was King and Trellor was the Warden of the dungeons.  They were murdered by an Orc, but the Orc was under the command of Baron Scar, Commander Damien Scar!" He said the name with such venom, that spittle flew from his mouth.

"And if you know your history, Commander Scar is the puppet of Voltigar, who now sits upon my cousin's throne.  I mean to avenge my cousin's deaths. I mean to put Scar's head upon a pinnacle of our city and Voltigar to sit and rot in my dungeon! That is why we are going to war. Is that reason enough, private?" He snarled.

Though those reasons were not the real ones, Christian figured that this private need not know the real ones.

Capher.

Edited by: Capher at: 6/26/06 17:20
Cherri Rowandyn
Elemental Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2006, 10:36:23 AM »

Dia nodded in the Earl's direction as she was introduced.  Her hand slipped from Manik's shoulder as things seemed to calm down.  The wolf was apparently acting as body guard to the Earl and it appeared as tho he could not want for a better one.  The wolf seemed well trained.  Dia noticed upon closer inspection, from where she stood of course, that the wolf was blind in one eye.  Remembering that the Earl had commanded the wolf with the name Sammy, Dia could only guess that this was her name.  The wolf seemed at ease now.  Dia had been lost in her own musings until the Earl's voice, which sounded displeased, was directed towards herself.  

"M'lord I am not sure what the discussion is completely about but Lt. Farrel has already issued a warning that whatever I did overhear be kept and never spoken of or else I would meet an untimely and unpleasant fate.  As I particularly like my head where it is, I have already swore that none I shall have the misfortune to overhear shall ever pass my lips.  Now please excuse me while I fetch your drink."

Dia glanced to Manik and then made her way to the bar.  She did not wish to draw the Earl's attention and did not lfirt so openingly with Manik.  She had known men of power and influance before and it was usually the same.  They saw a pretty face and attractive body and would decide they would bed her, whether she was willing or not, married or newly widowed, fresh from the child birth bed, this type of man seemed not to care.  This was the type of men that Dia had known all her life.  This was why she had fled her home so many years ago.  A man could not bed what he could not see.  It did not help that she had further proven the point by throwing hot water into the "gentleman's" face scalding his eyes when he had tried to rape her openly in a tavern in which she had gotten her first job.  She had fled from there with nothing but the clothes on her back and the tips she had earned.  She had made it this far scratching and clawing a way to survive in this world.  

The barkeep topped of the finest brew they had and Dia paused briefly before making her way back to the table.  Perhaps she was wrong about the Earl and he was kind.  After all the Lt. was his brother-in-law which meant that the Earl's sister had won his heart.  This lightened Dia's perspective, but she was still causious not to draw unwanted attention.  Placing the Earl's drink on the opposite side from which the wolf was, Dia quickly moved a few steps away from him.  "Would you like for me to get your wolf a bowl of water, M'Lord?" Dia glanced about and noticed several of her customers had left and her tips waited to be collected and the tables cleaned.  Without waiting for a response Dia went on, "I will go and fetch the bowl so that you may give her some water.  Excuse me gentleman." Dia left and cleaned some nearby tables, collecting her tips quickly before one of the others grabbed them.  Carry an load full of dirty dishes Dia made her way to the kitchen.

Personal Page
Cherri Rowandyn

Cherri Rowandyn
Sammykins
Approved Character

Wolf, Mithral (Ilaróls)

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2006, 10:27:23 PM »

Sammy's gaze lingered on the people before her and her master, her muscles rippling beneath her skin. She kept her head high and took a deep breath, inflating her chest like a balloon and making herself seem bigger, more threatening. The fur covering her body seemed to change colors as she stood there, a faint breeze billowing past the silvery hairs of her overcoat to expose her ebony undercoat. She licked her maw slowly, her crimson tongue dragging dangerously over ivory fangs. She never removed her eyes from the people before her until she was told to do so.

"Sammy down,"

Her muscles relaxed as she snorted through her ebony nostrils. Her chest deflated as she lowered herself to the ground slowly, stretching out on her stomach. He had told her to lay down... so she did. She moved to rest her head upon her paws slowly, keeping her eyes peeled for anything that could happen. She never took her eyes off the man who had first drawn the dagger, caution for her master plagued her thoughts.

When Christian moved to sit down, Sammy stood and moved to his side. She laid back down quickly, now turning herself so she had a good view of the entire tavern and the people near Christian. She rested her head on her paws in silence, taking slow breaths through her nostrils, sorting the scents in her mind. She lifted her head slowly, ears twisting this way and that, catching the different voices in the room but focusing her attention mainly on Christians.

She heard him speaking with venom in his voice... she could tell he was angry about something and she pushed herself to a sitting stance, looking to him quietly. He seemed well enough so she returned to her previous place, laying by his side. Her maw parted slightly in a yawn as she waited for him to be done.

"I am Wolf.
I am Wolf. I am in you.
Manik Targin
Guard of Nyermersys
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2006, 12:47:23 PM »

Quote:
Sheathe your sword, private

And all the tension oozed away. Farrel started explaining. Dean sheathed his sword. Dia’s hand slipped from his shoulder. And catching the words “m’lord,” Manik’s stance eased to an attention.  The man was a lord, but Farrel didn’t say his name.
At their introductions Dean and Manik both gave a bow of their heads and a courteous “My Lord.”
The man winked at Dia, and Manik felt a slight tickle of jealousy. Then the lord progressed to the events earlier that day.
Quote:

Either you two are very stupid, or very brave. Since my brother-in-law is here and sitting here and eating and drinking with you. I am inciined to believe that you are brave.

Dean gave only a “Thank you my lord,” but Manik could tell Dean shared the confusion of if the man’s words were a compliment or not.
Brother in law? Maybe he would ask Farrel about it later.

Then Farrel and the man started talking about the special unit Farrel had just explained. If the lord had conferred with the general, he must be a high standing noble at least, maybe he was the Earl. He then voiced the same threat Farrel had given to Dia, and Dia replied that fact and her response once again.

It was then that the ‘why’ was answered. At Farrel’s nudge the lord addressed what Manik desired to hear.
Quote:

"Private I would have thought you would have learned your lesson about asking why? As your Lt. said, a soldier follows orders.

A solider follows orders, but a man follows what he believes in. Manik was both, he would have to pick and choose carefully. As the man went on Manik listened with interest. Dean leaned in as well. Manik didn’t know a lot about history, but the lord answered most of it for him. Well if the King of Voldar was this man’s cousin, then this lord must be the Earl of Nyermersys. Manik couldn’t help but reflect on the fact he had met two extremely important people in the first two days he had come to the city. As to the reason of the war… So it was Regicide. A noble cause. Regicide was perhaps the greatest crime there was, everyone knew that. It was a poor thing that innocent men would have to die for it, but Manik was sure that soldiers would willingly go to war over a crime of such magnitude.
Quote:

“That is why we are going to war. Is that reason enough, private?"

Manik didn’t like the rage in this man’s voice. But given it was his cousin’s death, he could guess the Earl would still be mourning the loss and prone to such rage. “It is a grand crime my lord. And because you choose to right it, I will follow thee.” Manik replied in a passive voice. The contrast of the softspoken tone made the statement vivid against the lord’s vent, adding dramatic meaning to the words. Manik thought of asking more, but by the lord’s demeanor, he figured it would be wise to be quiet.

Manik Targin

Edited by: Manik Targin at: 7/2/06 4:48

Cherri Rowandyn
Elemental Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2006, 05:52:23 AM »

Dia had finished cleaning the tables and was now depositing the dishes in the kitchen.  Dia kept an uneasy feeling about the lord who she could now hear his voice rising.  Dia asked the cook for one of his large bowls and explained what it was for.  He was not happy with the explanation.

"Take a look then and tell me to tell him no.  I said I would get his wolf a bowl of water.  You can tell him no." Dia had her hands on her hips.  She was keeping her voice low so as not to draw attention.  The cook went to the door and peered out towards the table Dia had mentioned.  Seeing the wolf he knew exactly who it belonged to and quickly changed his mind.  

"Sure sure lass.  Take me bowl for the Earl's wolf.  Here, take this one." The cook produced a large bowl finely shaped and heavy in weight with no cracks.  Dia's eyes grew large as her mind registered just who the cook said the wolf belonged to.

"You said Earl.  Are you certain that is the Earl of Nyer?" The cook nodded his head saying as he fill up the bowl "And his is not to be denied anything that he wishes to have.  Understand me girl?  He could make your life unbearable if you do, or worse." The cook looked saddened for a moment for he had grown fond of Dia and her spirit.  Hopefully the Earl would not want anything from this lass other than what she served, but if he did the cook thought it better to give her some words of wisdom first.  He then began to usher Dia from his kitchen.  "Go lass, the Earl does not like to be kept waiting."

Dia straightened her skirt and picked up the bowl steadily between her hands and opened the swinging kitchen door with a bump of her hip.  She looked around and noticed that the crowd from earlier had pretty much cleared and now was their lagging time.  Soon enough the tavern would be flooded again with their evening rush that would last until almost closing.  Then she could take her rest upstairs in her quarters for the night.  She had the next day off since she was working a double shift this evening.  Perhaps Manik would be available later.  She wanted to ask, but not so openly in front of the Earl.  Quickly before anyone could notice she re-entered the Kitchen and set the bowl down on the counter.  The cook looked at her strangely when she took out a pad she used to write orders and notes down on.  Her mother had taught her to read and write something that most women who were not wealthy couldn't do, but her mother had been taught by a wealthy gentleman who had favored her and in turn her mother had taught her.  Quickly jotting down, 'If you have time meet me. Close tonight off tomorrow.  I have a room here.'   She folded the note and put it in an easy to reach place and picked up the bowl once again and head back out the kitchen doors.

Dia brushed by Manik as she came to stand on the opposite side of the Earl from which the wolf lay.  "I am sorry to interupt but here is the bowl of water for your wolf, M'Lord.  I would place it before her, but I do not wish to anger either of you." Dia waited as she held out the bowl resting in her slender yet strong and capable hands.  

Personal Page
Cherri Rowandyn

Edited by: Lady Cherri at: 7/12/06 6:17

Cherri Rowandyn
Cherri Rowandyn
Elemental Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2006, 02:22:23 PM »

Christian took the bowl from Dia and placed it before Sammy.  His face went from being quiet angry to smooth and suave.  "I appreciate a woman who doesn't always have to be told what to do." A quick flash of teeth caused Dia to step back quickly from the Earl.  

"Thank you your Grace.  I will gather the dishes from the table now gentleman." Dia began to clear the plates away and empty cups and then came to stand beside Manik seemingly to clear away his plates when a couple pieces of eating ware fell to the floor.  "I am sorry gentleman." Dia said as she knelt to pick up the forks.  Slipping the note from her pocket she quickly tucked it into Manik's boot.  She had done so at a surprisingly quick and fluid movement that she had surprised herself.  Gathering the silverware in her other hand she stood.  Gathering up the rest of the dirty dishes Dia made her way back to the Kitchen.

Personal Page
Cherri Rowandyn

Edited by: Lady Cherri at: 7/14/06 1:40

Cherri Rowandyn
Sammykins
Approved Character

Wolf, Mithral (Ilaróls)

« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2006, 11:49:23 AM »

**I am doing this real quickl with the little time i have this week... if there are typos... I am sorry!**

Christian lowered the bowl to Sammy and she lifted her head, tilting it slightly as she eyed the water. She lowered her ebony nose and sniffed the cool crisp liqued before lapping up a little. Christian spoke to Dia in his smooth voice, a voice Sammy was used to hearing from him. She was very accustomed to his flauntings and his late nights with women of his species as she was often in the room throughout. Who better than to make sure one of these women didnt have a knife behind her back than Sammy?

Sammy wouldnt spread rumors... who would she tell, even if she could talk?

She was completly defensive of her master, yet she would not judge him for his exploits... she was indeed man's best friend.

Sammy noticed Diamond drop the cutlery and noticed her slip something into Manik's shoe. She thought naught of it as it didnt seem to be a threatening motion.

Sammy stood quietly and eyed Christian, patiently waiting for him... wanting to go hunting, or play, or something. She almost let a whine escape but she knew better... he had his matters to attend.

"I am Wolf.
I am Wolf. I am in you.
Manik Targin
Guard of Nyermersys
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2006, 02:05:23 PM »

Christian
Quote:
“It is a grand crime my lord. And because you choose to right it, I will follow thee.”

Christian scolded himself inwardly. The private’s sober tone was powerful. The stress was getting to him, he shouldn’t have let his anger get the better of him. He had spoken too loudly and others might have heard. His anger also showed weakness, and he knew better than that. He hated that a private would show him his fault. The stress and lack of sleep were definitely getting to him. “As I said a solider needs to follow his orders. But it is a comfort knowing my men agree with my cause.” Christian had no reason to give this private ground, but decided on a whim that he might as well humor the boy.

The mood was suddenly uncomfortable, and so seeing the waitress walk up Christian switched to something he was good at. "I appreciate a woman who doesn't always have to be told what to do." This one might be a poorly waitress, but she was a looker for sure.

"Thank you your Grace. I will gather the dishes from the table now gentleman."

And as he was thinking of progressing his attentions, the klutz of a girl dropped food onto the floor. He wouldn’t have a fool to his bed, though as she bent down he retracted that thought with the site of her divine hips.

Christian let out a sigh and rose to his feet. He didn’t have the time, and he had finished what he had come here to do. “Well Lieutenant I can see you have the ball rolling at least. I have important matters to attend to, good day.” And after a longer look at the waitress’ curves, he strode out of the inn.
--------------------------------------------------------

The three soldiers rose to their feet and gave a hearty “M’lord. Good day” and sat back down once the Earl had left. Farrel seemed uncomfortable and went back to eating his lunch, so the privates followed suit.

Manik had felt Dia slip something into his boot and had shown no sign he knew. He hoped it wasn’t a scrap of food he thought with a slight smile. Smudging up the last bit of gravy and pork medallion, he finished off his lunch with a swig of ale. The meal had been absolutely delicious, and he was sorry now he was finished. The silence was a bit awkward, but Manik held it. He didn’t know what to say.

Finishing off his ale, Farrel stood. “Alright men, you have duty this afternoon if I am not mistaken, let’s get back to the garrison.” Dropping coins on the table, which was more than enough for the meal, he made his way out yelling ‘thank you’ and some name into the kitchen as he passed. He waited at the door.

Manik threw back the rest of his drink, and he and Dean got up to leave. On his way out, Dia came by. “Thank you very much for lunch. It was delicious. I will have to come back soon.” He gave a annoyed look to Dean at his shoulder who was listening intently. Scratching his head, he continued, “I may have come off as quiet, but perhaps sometime I could see you …and show you that that is not always the case.” It sounded stupid but it would have to do. He didn’t even have to look to see Dean’s grin.

At least his friend caught the hint. “I have to use the washroom for just a sec,” Dean stated as he stepped past Dia and headed towards the back.

Manik Targin

Cherri Rowandyn
Elemental Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2006, 09:29:23 AM »

Hearing the Lt. bid his goodbye Dia quickly came out from the kitchen where she had been trying to help the cook clean up.

Dia quickly noticed the Earl was no longer present and a pleasant sigh escaped her mouth as she came to stand near Manik.  Dean seemed ever ready to watch Manik flounder in the presence of a woman.  Dia could only smile her eyes sparkling in the dappling sun light that occassionally filtered in from the windows above.  

Upon hearing Manik's statement about being quiet Dia took a step closer to him, her eyes dancing with obvious flirtation.  Dia came to stand close to Manik's shoulder raising slightly to speak into his ear.  Her breath was hot against his ear and her voice was low as she said, "You already have my answer and you know where to find me when you have the time."  Dia smiled as she watched the chill bumps appear on Manik's neck involuntarily from her hot breath.  

Dia caught Manik's eyes once more as she saw Dean returning from the back of the building.  Dia brushed Manik lightly as she passed him on her way to the table the three had just been occupying and began to wipe down the table top and gather the remaining plates and cups.  Dia smiled a wicked grin at Dean as she turned her attention back to Manik before heading towards the kitchen.  "I bet yee're not so quiet once alone, Private Manik."  With a grin upon velvety smooth pink lips Dia she made her way back into the kitchen hips gently rocking back and forth as she went.

Personal Page
Cherri Rowandyn

Cherri Rowandyn
Sammykins
Approved Character

Wolf, Mithral (Ilaróls)

« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2006, 12:35:23 AM »

Sammy stood in silence, eyeing the people whom Christian was speaking with moments ago. She shook off quickly, tossing a little bit of dust that had clung to her fur from the floor off and turned to follow him. She stopped and turned to look over her shoulder, tilting her head and looking to the woman and man who seemed to have something going on, through her amber eye. She lifted her head and sniffed the air slightly before turning back and continuing on.

She bounded after Christian with a soft "Hruff" but quickly stopped her playful bound as she could tell he was in no mood. She lowered her head slightly and continued besides him in silence, scanning the world through her amber eye.

As she walked her tail remained high, curled slightly above her haunches. Her claws left faint canyons in the earth as she walked, digging into the plush land beneath her weight silently. Occasionally she lifted her head and eyed Christian quietly before she would lower her head again.

"I am Wolf.
I am Wolf. I am in you.
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2006, 12:40:23 AM »

Christian was restless after he left Brok's.  He berrated himself for letting his emotions get the better of himself in front of that guard...what was his name? Ah, Manik.  The boy had some promise, he thought.  He could feel Sammy beside him and reached down with his long arms and could scratch the top of her head. "Yeah, girl. That boy showed some real guts.  He asked a valid question, though there are only a very rare few who would dare question his soverign. At least not without fear of losing their heads." He chuckled. "Yeah, that boy has promise. I hope he joins Farrel's unit.  I suppose we should come up with a name for it. I will have to think on it.  In the meantime I feel like a cat being chased by you." He chuckled again.  "How about you and I do some hunting?  Would you like that? Huh, girl?"  He asked as he quickened his stride to get to his castle, his stables and his falcon.

OOC will continue this at "Zoccaras Gate thread.

Capher.

Edited by: Capher at: 8/1/06 16:42
Manik Targin
Guard of Nyermersys
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2006, 01:25:23 PM »

As Dia whispered in Manik’s ear, he almost didn’t catch what she said. It took a second as he recovered for it to register in his brain. Her eyes seemed to take hold of his mind again, but before he could respond, Dean was striding back.  

"I bet yee're not so quiet once alone, Private Manik."

Her grin was intoxicating as she sauntered off into the kitchen. Dean arched his eyebrow at Manik and let a low whistle. Then laughing he put his hand on Manik’s shoulder and the two of them took their leave of Brok’s.

After a few paces out on the street Dean cleared his throat and clapped his hands together. “SO… I think Dia likes me.”

Manik turned with a smile and responded with a swift jab to Dean’s shoulder and pushing him playfully a few paces. “Get outta here.” He said jovially.

“What? So you think I have a chance?” he responded putting up his hands to defend. And finishing with a sigh, “I think I might ask her to marry me.”

Manik smiled but didn’t respond, and after a few more strides Dean again teased with “You think she’ll say yes?” Laughing he ran ahead a bit.

“Oh you’re dead! You’re dead!” laughed Manik and gave chase.

((OOC - Moving to Seagorn Garrison))

Manik Targin

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]