Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brok's Rest.(Nyermersis)  (Read 37753 times)
Manik Targin
Guard of Nyermersys
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2006, 01:29:23 PM »

Private Dean Winters

When Dean left Manik he made his way the couple streets over to Brok’s Rest. The streets were still fairly busy as people wound their way around to or from work, or out for dinner or drink. The evening light was almost completely faded and light was already cascading out of the shop windows. As Dean made his way through Brok’s doors he was greeted with the sweet smells of late dinner time. Taking a deep breath, he wished the garrison’s mess hall smelled this good. Making his way to the bar, he waited for the heavy set tender to make his way over. “Would Dia still be here, I’d uh like to talk to her.” Then realizing he still had his guard uniform on he added, “Nothing to do with guard business.”

Manik Targin

Cherri Rowandyn
Elemental Mage
Approved Character

Elf, Quaelhoirhim / Ylfferhim / Sanhorrhim

« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2006, 12:00:23 PM »

A sharp knock on the room door caused Dia's heart to flutter.  She had just gone on her much needed break.  Opening her room door one of the other bar maids motioned to the room below. <!--EZCODE FONT START--><span style="color:gray;"> "One of dem soliders is back and askin' fer ya."</span><!--EZCODE FONT END--> was all she said before she turned abruptely and left.  Dia wondered briefly if it was Manik and decided there was only one way to find out.  Quickly running a brush through her hair she closed and locked her room door behind her.  As she descended the stairs, her green eyes scanned the darkening room.  There was one man in uniform by the bar, but it wasn't Manik.  With a mischevious smile on her slightly parted lips, Dia made her way to Dean.

<!--EZCODE FONT START--><span style="color:green;">"I wonder what brings you back so soon, Private Dean."</span><!--EZCODE FONT END-->
Dia let a small laugh escape her as she leaned her back against the bar to look at Dean.  The overhead candle light caught in her green eyes seemed to make the dance with their own inner fire.  Dia noticed Dean's knowing smile and arched a delicate eyebrow.  <!--EZCODE FONT START--><span style="color:green;">"And why do you look like the cat that ate the bird?"</span><!--EZCODE FONT END--> <p><!--EZCODE FONT START--><span style="color:purple;font-family:times new roman;font-size:small;"><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.geocities.com/cherri4ever9978/Lady_Cherri_index.html" target="top">Personal Page[/url]<!--EZCODE LINK END--></span><!--EZCODE FONT END-->
<!--EZCODE FONT START--><span style="color:green;"><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://p081.ezboard.com/fthesantharianrpgboardfrm83.showMessage?topicID=387.topic" target="top">Cherri Rowandyn[/url]<!--EZCODE LINK END--></span><!--EZCODE FONT END-->
<!--EZCODE FONT START--><span style="color:purple;"><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->"</span><!--EZCODE FONT END--></p>
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 02:52:37 AM by Lady Cherri » Logged

Cherri Rowandyn
Keep your friends close; keep your enemies closer.
Simonne Miller
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2006, 07:22:23 AM »

The door to Brok's rest opened. No one who noticed it was expecting to see the greyhaired lady who marched in. Some murmured something about old people not belonging in an inn, but her manner soon suggested that she was used to this kind of environment.

She easily picked her way over to the barman. Instead of stumbling over obstacles, as some people had half and half expected, she used her cane for shoving aside anything that came in her way, from drunkard's feet to chairs. When standing in front of the barman, she looked up at him - he seemed several handpalms bigger than herself - and said:

"Hello, my lad. I want a red wine, some decent food and a comfortable room with a bath. I'll be sitting over there at that table." The 'red', 'decent', 'comfortable' and 'bath', she emphasized by ticking her cane on the floor, making it obvious that she didn't really need it. The way she used it depended on the situation. At the gate, it had made her look like an old woman (except that the nice guard had seen her walk wasn't that old), here it made her look self-assured. She was there, and everybody could know it, as long as they gave her what she wanted.

Simonne went to sit at the table she had pointed to, looking around to stare down anybody who might be looking at her. She had had plenty of years of expierence of staring at people until they looked away. Her stare said: "I'm here, but don't you dare gossip about me. Just mind your own business and I'll mind mine."  

Youth is the gift of nature, but age is a work of art...
Simonne Miller

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2006, 02:23:23 AM »

The barkeep smiled as the old woman made her point of what she wanted and where and then he watched her sit down at her table.  He filled the cup with wine, red, as she wished and took a key from off the wooden stand, walked over to the old woman's table, placed the wine in front of her along with the key, smiled and said, "The wine is two sans and here is your room key, number 2, Simonne. It has been a long time."

He waited for her reaction that he knew who she was.

Capher.

Simonne Miller
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2006, 07:55:23 PM »

"I see you still remember me, Bill? If I remember correctly, last time I was here you had just taken over Brok's. I can see for myself that you are thriving, my lad. Good for you. All that bartending hasn't done your figure much good, though." While she rummaged in her pouch, looking for two sans, she added: "How's the missus? She hasn't been too ill since last time, I hope?"
She handed over the two sans for the wine. "Thank you for the key. I'll wait here for my dinner and after that, I'll go up. A bath will set me up. Been travelling for the past few days. Well, years actually, but the last decent bath and bed was days ago." She decided not to mention the carnage she had seen just outside the city. Chances were, he knew nothing about it, and she didn't want to worry him for nothing. With a smile in her eyes for the bartender, she sipped her wine thoughtfully.

Simonne Miller

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2006, 01:34:23 AM »

"Aye, M'lady, the missus is doing fine after you healed her. We thank you very much, in fact afterward she concieved and now I have boy thanks to you."

He chuckled when she mentioned his figure. "Aye," He patted his rounded stomache, "It has been Rose's cookin, not the ale, though.  Your dinner will be coming right up."

Through the open windows of the inn the town criers could be heard. "Hear Ye. Hear Ye. Any healers in town are requested to come to the Castle and speak with Master Petrie."  After a pause they repeated the message.

Bill scratched his chin. He then looked down at Simonne. "I am not sure what that is all about Simonne, but you are the best healer I have ever seen, including that pompus goat herder Baltizar. Maybe you should go and see what is up.  Master Petrie is a very nice man and knowledgable. Perhaps he is looking for another apprentice.  Working at the Castle would give you more money than you can imagine and you would be able to to stay there, giving yourself a nice place to lay your head down."

Capher.

Simonne Miller
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2006, 06:30:23 AM »

"It's not for the money I do it, my lad, as you very well know. But a place to rest my head for a while... yes, that would be nice. I will have to tell them I can't guarantee staying though. For now, yes, but one can never tell the future, can they, my lad. Now, a little longer won't hurt, will it? If you'll bring me my dinner, I'll eat it a little faster than I would normally, then I'll go see what old Petrie is up to. And call the boy over here, will you? I want to see what you thank me for."

After duely praising the boy to the father, she received her dinner. While eating, she thought very hard. She had met both men that Bill had mentioned. Petrie was a nice man, about her own age. She could really talk to him. Sometimes she thought that he might have meant more to her, had she allowed it. But she couldn't allow something like that, she'd be sure to disappoint him. She had been on the road for so long, she didn't know how to begin another life, and she was too old to change. He had lived in the same town all his life, in the same house even, and he too was too old to learn another life. But she was genuinly glad that she would see him again. He had thought her a few useful tricks last time.

That prick, Baltizar, was another story. He had been an apprentice to old Petrie, and jealous of what she had already known. She remembered him as an ambitious fool who'd sacrifice his right hand if it got him higher in the favour of someone of ranking. Maybe he wasn't so bad, but he had constantly goaded her, and this probably coloured her view of him quite a lot.

She knew that Petrie wouldn't want her for an apprentice. He knew all too well the wandering spirit that was so strong in her. He understood that, even though he didn't have it himself. Also, he would never look for an apprentice like this, having the town criers call it throughout the city. He would go out himself, pay attention to everyone, and if someone caught his eyes, he'd approach them. That was his way. She decided her curiosity was roused enough to get to the palace quickly. Paying for the dinner, she stood up and, with a wave to Bill, left Brok's rest and started walking in the general direction of the castle.

Simonne Miller

Cherri Rowandyn
Elemental Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2007, 12:28:57 PM »

Dia awoke not feeling very refreshed.  She had gone to bed late the previous night because she had to help close Brok's.  Buttoday she had the day off since she worked a double shift yesterday.  Stretching lazily, Dia snuggled down beneath the warmth of covers for a moment more before braving the morning air by flinging the covers back off of her.  Stretching as she walked to the wash stand Dia stripped off her clothes and began to bathe.  When she was done she donned a clean set of clothes and headed for the door.  Today she decided she would site see around the town and perhaps she might even run into Manik, but she doubted it.  With the upcoming war he probably was not allowed the luxery of down time.

After Dia ate breakfast, she stepped from the doorway of Brok's Nest and headed for the center of town.

Cherri Rowandyn
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2007, 01:06:03 AM »

Manik strolled to Brok's. He was looking forward to seeing Dia and hopefully try to explain what had happend the night before.  The rain had stopped, and the sun had broken through the haze and it began to warm up a little, though Manik had to wrap his cloak around him to keep the cool eastern breeze from chilling him.

He turned the corner and saw Dia heading away from him toward the center of town.  He ran up to her calling her name. "Dia! Dia, wait up."
Cherri Rowandyn
Elemental Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2007, 01:49:13 AM »

A familiar voice pentrated Dia's thoughts as she walked casually toward the center of town.  Stopping Dia turned around and scanned the unfamiliar faces around her.  She could have sworn she had heard Manik calling her name...but then again she may not have.  Just then a man running in her direction caught her attention.  Placing a slender hand on her hip, Dia tried to hide the smile that threaten to obscure the impatient look she was trying to portray.  She had waited for him the previous night and when Dean was the only one to show she was actually disappointed.  Then at breakfast there had been several of the other barmaids laughing and snickering about a party that had ensued and a mud wrestling match between a Private and a few prostitutes.  Dia had the undeniable feeling that Private was Manik.  Dia laughed inwardly at the thought of a drunk Manik rolling around the mud with some street walkers.  The hangover alone would be just punishment for him, Dia thought but she couldn't pass up the opportunity to torment Manik just a little for standing her up.

As Manik came closer to her, she could clearly see the traces of the night before on his features and the faint odor of alcohol that seemed to linger around him.  With her hand on her hip and an impatient look on her face, eyes dancing mischievously, Dia huffed "Isn't it a bit early for you to be out and about after the night you had?"  Dia fought back the urge to break down laughing at the site of Manik.  He truly did look rough.

Cherri Rowandyn
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2007, 02:18:47 AM »

Night I had? Manik thought.  He kicked the ground with the toe of his boot, bowing his head. He felt like he did on the farm when his father had caught him doing something he should not have. "Oh, you heard about that did you?" He asked.

He quickly looked up. "Please forgive me Dia. I had no idea what the guys were planning.  I was really looking forward to seeing you, but..."  He left it hanging wondering what she was going to do.
Cherri Rowandyn
Elemental Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2007, 06:38:57 AM »

Dia couldn't hold it in any longer and a small giggle escaped between her pink lips.  Manik looked as if he was being berated by a parent, not an idea that made her tingly inside.  Looping her arm into his, Dia traced the countour of his profile with long slender nimble fingers, her short nails feeling the stubble that had yet to be shaved away.

Dia's hand fell softly away and she unconsciously pressed her body closer to Manik's as she came to stand at his side, her arm laced through his own.  With the hint of laughter in her voice Dia's words fell close to Manik's ear, "Yes I heard about your eventful night and has passed has passed no harm in having a night out withthe guys.  Your friend had come to see me and I believe he was planning some surprise party for you.  Then I was called back to work and only heard about the wrestling match this morning.  Speaking of, why are you up so early?  I figured that you would have still been sleeping off the effects of your night.  There isn't anything wrong is there?"  Dia's tone had changed with the last sentence and her eyes became intent as she searched Manik's for the answer.

Cherri Rowandyn
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2007, 12:45:05 AM »

Manik let out a breath of relief when he heard Dia laugh. She had a charming laugh and a beguiling smile that captivated him, like a butterfly in a net.  She was a wise girl, in some ways, much wiser than he, when it came to the world, yet she could not have been much older than him, probably younger, at least that is how she looked to him.

She laughed again and told him that the past was past and all was forgiven and then she asked how come he was up so early.  He looked around at all of the people thronging along the streets and heard the vendors hawking their wares. "Early? It has to close to twelve bells. The Lt., who I discovered has a dry sense of humor, had us up at six bells in full gear readying us for a ten league march, just because the Sarge, forgot or did not want to, I am not sure, invite the Lt. to our little party last night.  We all thought he was going to march us to death!  Then after waiting in the pouring rain for what seemed liked an eternity awaiting marching orders.  He laughs, tells the Sarge and us to remember him the next time we have a party and then lets us go," Manik rubbed the stubble on his chin right where Dia's fingers had touched and had sent a chill up his spine.His new mission was considered 'on a need to know basis' and Dia did not need to know, though it felt like betraying her. He had to follow orders or he may end up kicked out of the army, or worse...dead.

"We then had to clean our barracks, then clean and oil down our gear so that it would not rust and then we were finally let go for the day. During that time I talked to Dean and he told me what happened when he came to your door last night.  I cannot believe you turned him down...for me?  Especially when I did not show up as I had promised.  I am awfully glad you did...but I would have understood.[/i]Why did you say that, of course you would not have understood. You would have felt betrayed; both by your best friend and by her.  Why don't you just tell her your feelings and let her decide?[/i]

A myriad of emotions coursed through his body as his eyes searched hers hoping she would say the right thing and cursing himself for not allowing his true feelings be said.
Cherri Rowandyn
Elemental Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2007, 01:24:39 PM »

Listening intently Dia felt there was something underneath it all that was not being said.  Probably orders of something or another, that would be the military for you, Dia thought dryly.  She had been around soldiers before, tho only on a friendly basis, and knew that there were just some things that could not be disclosed and it was probably better that way.  She had missed Manik the night before and her dreams, what dreams she had barely dreamt, were filled of Manik.  Searching his eyes as he spoke about Dean coming to see her she saw a hint of something then it was gone. 

Pushing a brunette curl back behind into place behind her ear, the smile faded from her pink lips and her green eyes became serious.  "I don't believe you would have been al'right with my welcoming Dean any other way then I did.  Dean might be okay for some girls, but like I told ya before, I prefer the quiet ones.  I guess I should have made it more clear than the note asking ya to meet me and turning down your friend, not that he offered anything more than what he said in front of you in jest."  A softness came to Dia's eyes as she saw how Manik searched her for some answer he was seeking and a lopsided grin parted her lips.  Dia lifted onto the balls of her feet bringing her mouth close to Manik's ear.  Letting her warm breath wash over his skin for a blink, her voice had become a bit more huskier, "I am only interested in you.  What else does a girl got to do to make that clear to you and who ever else might need clarifying." 

Placing a light kiss below his ear lobe on his neck, Dia's green eyes sparkled mischievously as the light danced across the red in her hair.

Dia shook her head sending her hair

Cherri Rowandyn
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2007, 04:25:43 AM »

Manik blushed at Dia's direct approach.  was he that dense? he thought.   He smiled brightly and took Dia's arm in his. "I have the rest of the day off.  We could go and do some sight-seeing or shopping, or" and a mischievious grin and a twinkle came into his eye, "we could go to your room and you can show me just how clearly you want me."

He had never been that direct with a woman.  In fact, truth be told, he had never been with a woman, well unless you consider Ursalla, the farmers daughter next to his families.  She and he had explored some in the hay mow in his barn. They never actually came together, but they did show and play with each other, so he was not quite that ignorant. However, he thought, Dia had other plans than just show and tell. Besides, this may be the last time he saw her for a very very long time.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]