Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Castle Of Thevelin(Nyermersis)  (Read 46797 times)
Simonne Miller
« Reply #180 on: May 25, 2007, 06:20:37 AM »

The girl didn't know how long she'd been gone. Oh well, no worries, she could always ask a servant when the healer had gone away, then she'd approximately know. The girl did find her bag, so Simonne started taking some things out of it. When she saw the look which Nichole directed at her dress, she laughed a short laugh. "Don't worry about the dress, child. Those two men are likely to sleep some time longer. Now, could you help me by making a tea out of this?" she held out a few leaves.

"It's really only something to make me stronger. That fever left me rather weak. Otherwise I'd get up and make the tea myself, you understand, but I think I want to sit down for a little while longer. I'm rather glad this whole ghastly experience is behind me, frankly. Those beasts in the dungeon gave me the creeps. I think I'll be having nightmares." She talked as much to let Nichole know things as to reassure herself that she really was not fighting those things anymore, that she was safe.
Morghan Nichole
Christian's Mute Servant
Approved Character

Human, Zarathian/Ordian

« Reply #181 on: June 07, 2007, 03:10:12 AM »

Morghan took the leaves quietly and nodded, grabbing a cup and settling the herbs within. She moved to the fireplace, pulling the grate out of the way and scooping some hot water from the cauldren hanging there. She poured the water over the leaves quietly before settling the grate back in front of the fireplace. She stirred the drink slowly with her finger as she walked back towards Simonne, still feeling very self conscious right now.

Morghan listened to Simonne babble about the beasts in the dungeon, the old woman seemed to need to comfort herself because she kept talking about it. Morghan simply nodded with a soft smile, humoring the older woman. Morghan gave Simonne the tea when she felt it had cooled enough to drink before she went and sat again before the fire.

Morghan wrapped her arms around her legs... what she wouldn't do right now to see Thomas...

"As I was going up the stair
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd stay away."
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #182 on: September 12, 2007, 12:32:12 AM »

Christian woke up, the room was a bit chilly. He was glad he had Sammy lying next to him. Her warmth was like having an extra blanket.  He rose and noticed his mute maidservant lying upon the hearth, with just a small threadbare blanket thrown over her. Her tattered dress hung by the fireplace. Lady Simonne was asleep in a comfortable chair.  He grinned as he took a cup and poured himself some wine. Then he carefully went over to the fireplace and trying not to disturb his maidservant stirred the embers of the fireplace, started a fire and then put more logs upon it.  He then returned to his bed.  His wound felt better and he could move his left arm more freely than before.

He wondered what it was like outside.  He carefully got dressed, trying not to wake the ladies and nodding at Sammy who was watching him from her post upon his bed opened up the rooms door. Guards outside the room, suddenly stood at attention and was about to shout, when Chrstian put his finger to his mouth, he waited until Sammy left the room and then closed it behind him. He looked at the guards. "I do not want the ladies disturbed until the arise on their own. The older one, Lady Simonne will probably want to know where I went. Tell her I went to take Sammy out and shall return shortly."

"Yes, M'lord. However might I suggest that you dress a bit more warmly before you go outside. The blizzard is over, but it is still might cold," a tousled brown haired guard said.

Christian nodded. "Thank you. I will go to my room and put on warmer clothes."

Christian walked to his room, opened his door and immediately saw snow upon his floor and felt the breeze of frigid air. The makeshift wooden patch over the broken window where Sammy had crashed through had not been adequate enough to keep both out. Christian rubbed his arms together and quickly made his way to his closet. He picked out a nice warm cloak, fur lined boots, gloves and then left the room closing the door behind him.

He threw the cloak on, stomped on his boots and fisting his gloves made his way outside. Along the way he came across other guards and ordred that his window be fixed before the sun set this evening. The guards nodded and one scrambled away searching for the glazier to wake him up.

Christian walked outside. The snow covered the courtyard up to his knees. Sammy making joyful barking noises jumped and ran through the snow. She wanted to play and it seemed liked her injury was healing just fine as well.  Christian laughed at her antics, put on his gloves and made a snowball and tried to thow it at Sammy, who easily dodged the slow moving ball of snow. Being left handed, his wound to the shoulder on that side, hampered him. He felt twinges of pain as each time he threw a snowball, but it was less and less the more he threw. He eventually threw hard and fast enough that one finally hit Sammy on her flank.

She stopped in her tracks, surprised that she had been hit and gave Christian a quizzical look with her one good eye. Christian laughed, "Finally got you, didn't I girl."

She growled and then leaping through the snow tackled Christian who fell backwards laughing as Sammy licked his face.
Simonne Miller
« Reply #183 on: September 13, 2007, 01:25:58 AM »

Simonne woke up, but kept her eyes closed for a moment. She wanted to fall back asleep; her body still hurt. Why did her body hurt again? Oh yes, the attack yesterday, and the fever that had followed it, which seemed now to be definitely broken. She shuddered a moment as she remembered what had happened. Foul beast. Humans. Things. She didn't think she could ever walk into an ill-lit room without a little - or a lot of - apprehension. But then, she hoped she wouldn't have to be in ill-lit rooms very often.

The shudder made her come fully awake, so with a sigh she opened her eyes and righted herself. The pain in her body got an addition from a pain in her neck. She rolled her head a few times, then looked around. Ah, she'd fallen asleep in a chair. Again. She really must stop doing that at her age, no matter how comfortable it was, it always woke her up with a pain in some muscle or other, most often her neck.

The first thing she saw when looking around was Nichole lying near the fireplace, covered by a thin blanket - and nothing more. Well, the dress would be dry by now, in any case. The next thing she noticed was that Christian was not there. Well, of all the troublesome patients! The guy seemed simply incapable of keeping to his bed like she had ordered! And a cup of wine over there on the table, too, another order that seemed not to get into his head. She leaned back in the chair. Well, she was a better patient herself, she still needed rest. She'd ask him where he'd been when he got back.
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #184 on: September 15, 2007, 12:08:44 AM »

Christians cheeks were a rosy red and he was covered in splotches of snow from his head to his feet. Sammy had been shaking herself ever since they entered they entered the castle and she had most her snow covered fur cleared, some snow was still stuck between her paws. Christian was smiling, happy, sniffling and sneezing when he entered his room. it was extremely cold and he noted that his orders for the glazier to fix his room was fast at work.  Christian nodded at the man who nodded back and then continued his work.

Christian was going to change in his room but it was too cold for that, so he grabbed some clothes out of a drawer and went to where he was the other night.  He stomped his feet and shook his body to rid himself of most of the snow before he entered the room.

Lady Simonne, still seemed asleep and so was his maidservant.  He slipped off his boots and tried to tip- toe to another part of the room where he could change his clothes. Sammy went and laid down by the heart and began chewing the ice and snow out from between her paws.

Christian almost made it across the room, when the floor squeaked loud. He turned and noticed Lady Simonne looking a bit cross at him.  He smiled a bit sheepishly and waited for barrage to begin.
Simonne Miller
« Reply #185 on: September 17, 2007, 08:05:21 PM »

Simonne had just closed her eyes for five minutes when she heard the Earl enter the room again. He was obviously trying to keep quiet, thinking that the two women were still asleep. She opened her eyes, but he had his back to her. Then a floorboard decided to betray him, and squeaked loudly. He turned around to her cross look and folded arms.

Well, he did look good, she had to admit that. Being out in the cold seemed to have helped him more than it had hurt him. The sheepish look in his eyes almost made her laugh, but she decided against it. "Well, where have you been? Playing in the snow, like a boy? It's a good thing you didn't fall this time, or I'd have to give up my task of trying to heal you. How can I help you if you don't follow my directions?" She looked pointedly at the empty cup of wine which was standing on the table.

Then she thought of something else. "Have you had breakfast already?" She didn't realise she left the 'my lord' out. It was quite unconsciously done. He was her patient, not her lord.
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #186 on: September 17, 2007, 08:26:28 PM »

Christian grinned as Simonne spoke to him and the more she she did the wider his grin became. Finally she stopped and then asked him if he had breakfast.

"No, no breakfast just yet. And if you would go outside and play in the snow like a young girl it may improve your disposition just a little. I feel fine, a little stiff in the arm, but after throwing some snowballs at Sammy it loosened up, though I think I may have tore some of the bandages."

He stepped around a dressing curtain. "Excuse me while I get out of these wet clothes into more warmer and appropirate ones, would not want me to catch a cold now would we?" He asked chuckling.

As he quickly stripped and dressed he asked the same question back to Simonne. "Have you eaten breakfast? And do you think we should wake our sleeping beauty over there or let her sleep a bit more?"

He finished dressing and stepped out from behind the curtain. He was dressed in a dark brown pair of pants, and soft tan colored shirt in his hands.  "I think you should probably take a look at these bandages and then we can order some breakfast. Unless of course you would rather bathe and clean up a bit before we do.  I would like to talk to you about something that has nagging at me, but it can wait until breakfast." Christian added.
Simonne Miller
« Reply #187 on: September 17, 2007, 08:51:05 PM »

In the end, she couldn't help but grin back at the Earl. She was becoming rather fond of him, really. And if he felt that it had helped... It was remarkable how well the arm was healing, though; she'd thought that it would have taken a longer time. Then again, this was the first time she'd actually seen the effects of Black Heart. And Christian seemed to have a rather strong constitution.

"No, I haven't had breakfast yet either. I woke up only minutes before you came back from your little escapade." she said in answer to his question. She glanced over to Nichole, who was smiling peacefully. "I'd let her sleep for a while. I think she's had quite a tiring day yesterday, as did we all. And as she only became your servant yesterday, things were still new for her. I'd leave her a little peace yet."

She glanced up when he reappeared. Her eyes darted over his body for a moment, with a praising look. Well, she was a woman after all, why shouldn't she? He kept his body fit, that much was certain. There was not yet any sign of a protruding belly. The only thing in the region of his stomach were rock-hard muscles. She giggled inwardly, as if she was just a silly young girl instead of a respected old healer, but she didn't show anything on her face. She was too much of an actress to let her emotions shine through. She righted herself with just a slight grimace of pain, then stood up. From her bag, which she'd had on her lap, she took the ointment and one more of the leaves.

With a deft hand she released Christian from the bandages around his arm. Indeed, the wound was looking better than she'd expected. She glanced up into his eyes and smiled. "It seems you'll be lucky with this arm, sir. You're surprising me with how fast you seem to be healing. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're not often ill, are you? Your body is certainly strong and resilient enough to fight off this poison, now that the right medicine has been applied to it. I think I'll only have to use the salve one more time." She did just that, then applied new bandages. "There, good as new." she grinned. "Let's have some breakfast. I can always bathe afterwards."
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #188 on: September 18, 2007, 08:20:40 PM »

"No, your are correct. I have never been sick in my entire life. Wounded, yes, sick no and I do seem to heal rather quickly. Petrie noticed that awhile back. Speaking of Petrie. I wonder how Farrel is faring in his search for them?"

He winced just once when Simonne pulled off the old bandages and then with deft hands quickly applied some more of that salve and rewrapped him.

"I shall order breakfast immediately," Christian said as he slipped his shrit on. "Oh, could you take a look at Sammy's bandages as well? She was out in the snow as well and may need them replaced," he asked with mischievious grin on his face.
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #189 on: September 25, 2007, 12:37:18 AM »

Christian pulled on a cord next to his bed and soon thereafter a servant knocked on the door.

"Enter," Christian said.

An elderly man walked in. "Sire, you called."

"Yes, I would like breakfast. The usual," He looked at Simonne, "And what would you like?" He asked her.
Simonne Miller
« Reply #190 on: October 01, 2007, 01:00:27 AM »

"Oh, just some bread and cheese, if it's all right." Simonne told the servant. Turning to Christian, she said: "I'll take a look at Sammy immediately. I'm not really worried about her if she was well enough to play in the snow. I'll change her bandages once more, but that should do the trick. For the arrow wound at least, the bandages will have to stay on for her leg and for those bruised ribs. Still, animals seem to have an astounding resilience."

She went over to the wolf and did as she'd said she would. When the bandages were back in place, she went over to Nichole and placed a cool hand on her forehead, but the young girl was still fast asleep, so she left her alone. She sat down on a chair near the table and looked up at the Earl. "So, what was it you wanted to talk to me about?" she asked bluntly.
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #191 on: October 02, 2007, 02:34:50 AM »

Christian sat a bit forward, scratched the stubble on his chin and thought before he answered Simonne's question. "This is a bit unusual. I normally would talk to my advisior and he at the moment is in my dungeon. I find myself at a loss of those whom I can trust."

He leaned a bit more forward and peered closely into Simonne's eyes. "I believe I can trust you. Why, I do not know as i hardly know you? Several things have happened that tells my gut that I can and will."

He leaned back as the servant came in and placed the food on the table. "Will that be all, M'lord?" He asked.

"More wine..." He saw Simonne give him a look, "Change that to milk, cows," Christian added.

"Yes, M'lord," the servant answered and left the room.

Christian speared a piece of meat with a knife and put it into his mouth. He chewed slowly, allowing Simonne to eat something as well and giving him time to organize his thoughts before he continued.  The servant came in with the milk and left.

"Before you arrived I was planning on going to war with Voldar, however the reason to do so, died. I have those in my army and in my city that will still puxh for this war, some for personal reasons, others for political, and others for just plain greed.  Ever since I was ambushed and met you I have been changed. I...I kind of like the change. It is unusual for me to care for others and this feeling is making me feel like a man in a raging river holding onto a rock afraid to let go. The river is the change and my emotions concerning that change, the rock is what I am familiar with and hold onto. If I let go of the rock, what will happen to me?  I am willing to let go now. Do you understand what I am talking about?" Christian asked.
Simonne Miller
« Reply #192 on: October 03, 2007, 01:10:10 AM »

Simonne nodded her head. "Yes, I think I do know. I've been pretty constant in my life, but I've seen many who were standing on a crossroad, or as you put it, clinging to a rock in a wild river. That was usually after a crisis in their lives. I saw most often the people who went through that experience because of a health crisis. There are other kinds, as well, but because of my profession, you understand..." Her voice trailed off for a moment, before resuming the thread of what she was saying. "Many of those that I've seen who let go, who let the river take them, ended up being better people for what they'd learned. The ended up washed up on shore, where they were able to get up and look around them. Those that hung on... Well, let's say they drowned. Figuratively speaking, of course."

Again she thought for a while, then smiled. "As for whether or not you can trust me, don't worry. I'm too old to betray you, and I have no reason to. You're still my patient, whether or not you follow my instructions, and I have never in my life betrayed any of my patients. Some of them died, but I did my best for them until the very end." A grin spread over her face as she heard her own words. "Hear me, I sound as cocky as I am big!"
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #193 on: October 03, 2007, 08:09:52 PM »

Christian roared with laughter, then quickly shut his mouth looking toward his servant girl to see if perhaps he woke her up; she stirred, but did not wake up. "I believe you M'lady; and until Petrie returns I am giving you the title of Head Physician and Counselor to the Earl. I think after breakfast I shall call a meeting of my general, my Admiral, my Nobles and my most influential Merchant leaders and tell them that the war is off. I will no doubt recieve opposition, especially by some and I will point them out to you, discreetly of course, so that you will know and keep an eye on them. I think that when I tell them that you are my Counselor and that Lycheus is dead, and...what's his name is in the dungeon, there will be quite an uproar, as what's his name has many powerful enemies."

He ate some more, drank the milk, looked at the cup and drank some more. He was surprised, he actually liked it, not as good as wine, but it was a close second. A serious look came over his face as he watched Simonne eat. "That may not be as good of a plan as I first thought," he said, finishing his milk, not knowing he now had a milk mustache.  He poured himself another cup. "You know this is not bad," he grinned. "The reason I said that was that by doing so I would put you into possible danger, and I , dear Lady, would rather die than do so. So, before I convene this meeting, I covet your thoughts on the matter."
Simonne Miller
« Reply #194 on: October 05, 2007, 02:29:26 AM »

Simonne took a sip of milk and a bite of her bread as she listened to Christian. When he was done, she said seriously. "Sir, I think it's not such a good idea to ban Balthazar completely from your thoughts. You know his name, I know it, and I know that you know. Saying it won't put him any less behind bars, but it shows that you are above him. I know that you're angry with him, so am I - but then, we have a history, him and I. I didn't like him to begin with." As the Earl took away his cup of milk, Simonne managed not to smile. With a steel face she took a cloth, made of linnen, and as the Earl spoke she handed it to him silently.

She thought for a moment when he was finished. "I think I'm less afraid of nobles that I can put a face to - who will undoubtedly protest more to the fact of my gender than that I usurped Balthazar - than of those beasts you have in your dungeon." She closed her eyes for a moment and shuddered, than looked at the earl again with intelligent eyes. "I've not lived this long without learning something of the world, my dear earl. I'll be careful. But I think it's a good idea that you tell them the war is off, and they might as well get used to me for the time being, because so long as you're my patient, I'm not going anywhere. Even if it means that I have to treat you longer than your wound requires..." She grinned, then shrugged. "I want to help you get on that shore without hurt."
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]