Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 51   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Arth's Spot(Voldar)  (Read 119478 times)
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2005, 12:44:22 AM »

Damien Scar

Damien listened intently to the conversation between Norkin and the stranger.  The stranger seemed more than just a bit interested in moonblades?  That piqued Damien's interest quite a bit.  A man interested in moonblades, either is a dealer, which Damien was certain this stranger was not, or he was an assassin.  Which, if that were the case, maybe he could use him.  If only he knew what side the Assassin was on: Lord Volitgar's or the King's?

Damien decided to let the conversation take its natural course and listen...listen very carefully for any clues.  Norkin was a bit of a piece of luck. In just a few moments of conversation.  Damien thought he knew the man's profession, if not the man himself.  Well at least that is a beginning, he thought.  

Capher.

Takashi Logan
New Santharian

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2005, 09:37:22 AM »

Takashi quickly glances about, and walks off, the grey falcon sitting on his shoulder after it flutered off of the stall.
The street ear in an inn along the road said that someone in Voldar was looking for an assassin, though how he came across such information was beyond the half-elf. It was also said that a group of assassins, mercenaries, and killers was based in this town.

This really didnt mater, though it would be nice to have some allies once in a while.

Takashi walks down the road, and a breaze flares out the coat behind him.

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2005, 04:31:22 AM »

Without even a smirk upon her slightly chubby features, she took the 3 goldbars the old man thrusted at her, She was pleased to take the money, yet of course, she did not wish to portray such an emotion. She lifted up her skirts and tucked two of the goldbars beneath her skirt when her back was turned to the occupants of the room. The third, she made the proper change for the tavern then tucked the rest beneath her skirts. People had flooded the tavern again which made her a bit excited. A full tavern was always a lot of fun, especially with a lot of drunk males. Wiping the grin from her features, she snatched a folded piece of paper from beneath her skirts and made her way over to Damien, who was speaking to the old man and another with an overly serious disposition. Damien and the man did not seem as if they were getting along well, despite Damien's efforts. Then his voice rang over the commotion of the few who had entered and she smiled. Something to serve her leader, she had no other wish than to happily oblige. With a sigh, she made her presence known to Damien and handed him the piece of paper.

"Since the failure of the assassination, many of our people have had to go into hiding for a short period of time. We await orders yet our Lord has not given any from what we have seen or heard. Perhaps you had something you wished for us to accomplish. We remain your faithful servents against the King...

Joshua the Slight"

She watched Damien with an anxious heart. Many of those who had been idle for some time were itching for some action and she hoped this would bring something their way. Another assassination attempt at this time would be insanity yet, she would not put is past their Lord and Leader of the rebellion. Suddenly remembering the request her leader had made of her, she laid a hand upon Norkin's shoulder and smiled sweetly. "M'lord, 'haps you would care to join me up at the bar? I am always up for a chat from one who has been outside the city gates. Adventure is an addicting thing to hear of."

Edited by: Kalina Merenwen at: 7/8/05 20:46

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2005, 01:02:22 AM »

Damien Scar

Damien was waiting for Norkin to speak, his attention wholly divided upon what the two men would talk about when he smelled her scent and felt her presence.  He smiled inwardly and looked up into Reenia's dark brown eyes.  They had a glint to them as she quietly passed a piece of paper to him.  He took the paper and silently read it.

Quote:
"Since the failure of the assassination, many of our people have had to go into hiding for a short period of time. We await orders yet our Lord has not given any from what we have seen or heard. Perhaps you had something you wished for us to accomplish. We remain your faithful servents against the King...

Joshua the Slight"

Joshua and the rest are a bit impatient.  Yet, so was he.  After the failed assassination, Lord Voltigar had not even talked to Damien.  Damien had plans to go talk to him, earlier today, but then this man came into town and Damien needed to know as much as he could about him.  Who was he?  An assassin that the King hired?  An assassin that was looking for work? Or one that Lord Volitgar hired and did not tell him.  That latter part would make Damien very very angry with his Lord.  However, he did not think Lord Voltigar would hire someone without telling him.  So, that left the other two options.  And Damien needed to know!  But, he also needed to soothe Joshua's and even Reenia's feathers. Another thought popped into his head; could Takashi be an assassin as well? He would have to find out. Just one more thing for him to discover.

He smiled inwardly again as he thought of Reenia.  Damien could not have had a better co-conspirator than her.  She had talents that no one in the city knew about except maybe him, and she still surprised him.  She could easily slip into so many different personalities, that when Damien first met her and saw her work, he thought she was a bit on the crazy side.  However, he soon realized she was very intelligent, skillful in her own weapons and in the ways of an thief and assassin.  And on top of all that she was very pretty.  Which threw off most of the male's that were around her.  They thought she was just a pretty wench; to try and bed.  But she always kept them at bay with a quick smile, quick wit and a sharp knife if the man became too friendly.

He heard her speak to Norkin.  Trying to get him out of the way.  He raised his head and caught her attention with his eyes and then in their secret language talking with his fingers upon the table he told her to wait a bit and he would meet her at the usual place after he talked with Lord Voltigar.  The finger movement would seem like he was just drumming his fingers upon the table and nothing else, unless you knew the code.

Then, he ordered another round of drinks.  "Reenia dear, why do you not give us one more round.  My friend here," he looked at the stranger, "Who does not have a name is quite interested in Norkin's ability to make weapons...expecially, Moonblades."

Damien emphasized the word moonblades knowing that Reenia would know what to do.  She would immediately get in touch with Joshua and soon the word would get out to get as much information about a person who would be interested in moonblades.  By nightfall, Damien was sure he would know all he needed to know...at least he hoped.  His network of spies, theives, and few assassins knew every crook and cranny in the city.

He then playfully tried to slap Reenia's backside...sometimes she would allow him to, other times she was too quick. It all depended upon her mood.  She was a part of an elite few who made Damien's blood go up in flames.  She could be so...infuriating. "Go now girl and get us some of your famous ale." Damien said jokingly.

Capher.

Grunok the Exile
Seeker
Approved Character

Male Losh-Oc Orc

Homepage
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2005, 12:11:22 PM »

As Grunok stumped his way down the street he felt the lightest he had since he could remember. He was still wary of the people around him, but he felt as if he had taken his first steps toward acceptance - he had papers!

He was still unsure of what exactly they signified, but he knew that they allowed him to be here, and that all citizens seemed to have them... and now he, Grunok, had them! The guard had said that they were temporary, but it was much more than he had had before. And now he was headed to a good meal, probably of meat.

A warm feeling settled over him as he walked down the street in the glow of the mid-morning sun. He wondered where the place was... He assumed it was a tavern of some sort - he had heard of those, and he had even seen a couple of what he assumed were the places; like houses, but with open doors, many voices and smells issuing from within. He had always avoided them before now, but the guard had suggested he go there and this, plus his newfound optimism, was enough to propel him onward.

He passed a few run down old taverns, but due to their delapidated condition and lack of patronage, they were not readily identified as taverns by Grunok. Eventually he came to one which he could easily recognise as a tavern. A warm glow spilled from its open doors, along with the sound of laughter and the smells of mead and food. Grunok had no way of knowing whether this was the place or not, but it looked appealing, and so he went in.

As he crossed the threshold, it came to him that he had no idea who to ask for his meal. He knew that ale and food were traded in these places, but he realised that he had no practical knowledge as to how to go about getting them. He halted two steps into the room, and stared around himself, looking for a clue as to what to do next.

Grunok's CD

Edited by: Grunok the Exile at: 7/11/05 7:50

Norkin
New Santharian

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2005, 03:59:22 AM »

The blacksmith looks at the stranger in an odd fashion, gives him a sarcastic smile and walks off to chat with Reenia

Nosey Capricus He mutters under his breath and continues walking

Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2005, 04:54:22 AM »

The old man didn’t replied but simply walked off towards the waitress. If this aged fellow would have known him better then he should have known to never act with such behaviour in his presence. In Darién’s eyes he was almost acting with an arrogant behaviour. And normally he would have had no problem; Grabbing the old fellow’s beard and slam him a couple of times on the bar just to show everyone else in the pub how though he was. But for an almost empty inn he had no need to proof himself, Especially not before this Commander sitting in front of him.
Darién didn’t really knew what to do with this guy,.. He was a pain in the ass. Darién wished he left or came down to the point, Was he going to ask his name? Fine, But he wouldn’t get his real name. He could just as well climb up one of the spire’s himself and stick his head on it then to tell this guard his name. Yet this tall man definitely knew or saw something in him. A strange suspicion…

Darién took the liquor to his mouth,.. He was thirsty but aware enough to not get drunk to fast… So he  swallowed only a third of his ale.

And then he looked up at Damien.
My name is…. Nox Dreanor, I am just a traveller; on my way to visit some relatives. That’s all, gatekeeper. The name he remembered as one of his victims when he travelled towards the east, All the way down to Santhala. Somehow he liked the name and used it for annoying people like this Damien fellow. So… why where we having this drink again? He asked on a rather enjoyed tone.  Because he knew that the Gate Keeper wouldn’t be able to find out anything about him that could reveal his identity.

Edited by: Darien Gulath at: 7/12/05 20:57
Grunok the Exile
Seeker
Approved Character

Male Losh-Oc Orc

Homepage
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2005, 08:34:22 AM »

As Grunok stared around himself, he took in the layout of the place. Tables and chairs are scattered around the large room, mostly empty. A couple of clots of people are sitting or standing, talking amongst themselves. Behind a waist-height, flat-topped wooden wall at the back of the room, a dark-haired man stands polishing mugs. As this is the only person Grunok can see who is not talking with someone else he stumps over to the bar, and greets the man in his deep grunting voice:

"Hu'oh. I woud uike to trade coinss for food."

Grunok frowns, wondering if this is the proper way to say it, or if this is the even the correct person to ask. His uncertainty makes him look fierce as he gathers his pride. In his uncertainty, he falls back upon the one thing he knows. He reaches inside his coat and removes his new weapon of choice. Brandishing them at the man, he grunts proudly:

"I hav pape-uhs."

Grunok's CD

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2005, 01:49:22 AM »

Damien Scar

Damien had been waiting for Reenia's response.  When Norkin just got up and left, muttering under his breath, and left with Reenia.  Damien did not like Norkin's behavior and was about to mention something when the stranger spoke.
Quote:
My name is…. Nox Dreanor, I am just a traveller; on my way to visit some relatives. That’s all, gatekeeper

Damien gave a thin smile as he sipped his ale. About time? he thought. He searched his memory, the name was not familiar. So why was Nox so evasive.  Something was not right here. Nox, was still holding secrets. He put his tankard down upon the table.  "Now, that was not so hard was it, Nox, was it?  If you had just said so back in my office we would not have had to go through that previous nasty buisness"  Damien gave Nox a shrewed look, "You say your going to visit relatives.  May I ask their names?  I may know where they live and can point you in the right direction.  You see the city may have changed a bit since you were here last.  Certain parts of the city are a bit more dangerous and those families who lived in that part of town have left for better quarters.  So..."  Damien left the implications hanging in the air.  

Then he lowered his voice and it became hard as steel once more.  "I am not a gatekeeper! I am the Gate Commander.  I command all the forces here in Voldar and my title is Commander! Do not forget it!  I will not let it pass, next time!. Or you just might find yourself looking at the outer walls of this city instead of the inner ones...or the walls of my dungeons!!  So stop pushing and we will get along fine, Nox Dreanor."

Capher.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2005, 02:01:22 AM »

Thai the Bartender

Thai almost dropped the tankard he was washing when he saw the mishappen creature step through the threshold.  The creature, came closer and Thai recognized it as an Orc.  He gulped as the Orc came closer. Thai reached under the bar for his stout heavy wooden club.  Then the Orc spoke and asked to trade some coins for some food.  Thai stared blankly at the Orc.  Then the Orc thrust something at him.  It looked like papers.  Thai took the papers and looked at them.  It read that the Orc's name was Grunok and he was welcomed into the city and it was signed by Norman Graaves.

Thai glanced up, smiled at the Orc, handed him his papers back.  He glanced over where Damien was.  Damien was engrossed in conversation with that stranger and did not seem to realize that an Orc was standing in here.  Thai shrugged, well if Norman gives him the Ok, I guess I will too.  I wonder what will be coming through the door next?  A giant? I hope not, he would break the door.

Thai pointed at the menu..."Ye can have anything ye want on this here menu.  A tankard of ale cost you two san and a slab of beef, with two eggs cost you 5 san's.  So what do you want?"  He asked wondering if the Orc even understood him.  He eeemed to be able to speak, if not a bit funny though.

Capher.

Grunok the Exile
Seeker
Approved Character

Male Losh-Oc Orc

Homepage
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2005, 09:13:22 AM »

As Grunok spoke, the man went quite pale. However, he took Gunok's papers when he offered them, and this seemed to calm him somewhat. Surprised and pleased, Grunok listened as the man enumerated some of the choices from the menu.

"Ye can have anything ye want on this here menu. A tankard of ale cost you two san and a slab of beef, with two eggs cost you 5 san's. So what do you want?"

"Meat." Came Grunok's immediate reply. "I want meat, pless." As an afterthought, he added "And a tan... tan'kaad of ayl." He nodded once, and waited for the man's response, feeling relieved that the man had understood his first comment, and was, evidently, the right person to ask.  

Grunok's CD

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2005, 01:11:22 AM »

Thai the Bartender

Thai had to listen very carefully, as the Orc had some trouble speaking.  But he finally heard him.

"Meat." Came Grunok's immediate reply. "I want meat, pless." As an afterthought, he added "And a tan... tan'kaad of ayl."

Thai smiled at the Orc, trying not to laugh at the way Grunok spoke, but he gave the Orc credit for being courageous. Who would have thought an Orc would be in the company of humans, much less here in Voldar, or better yet, here at Arth's.

"Ok, Gurnok, that will be five sans."  He said as he began pouring the ale into a large tin tankard.

Capher.

Grunok the Exile
Seeker
Approved Character

Male Losh-Oc Orc

Homepage
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2005, 08:01:22 AM »

Grunok again reached into the inside of his coat, this time rummaging in a top pocket, and withdrew a small handful of copper. He looked beadily at it, as he tried to remember his numbers. He then placed the coins in a pile on the counter, and placed his hand face down, fingers splayed, next to the pile. Then, he took one san at a time, and placed them on the tips of his fingers. When he had done so for all five fingers, he pushed the thus counted coins toward the barman with a quiet grunt that might have been "Here". This done, he gathered up the couple of coins left over and replaced them in his pocket, and stood waiting for his meal.

Grunok's CD

Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2005, 09:03:22 AM »

Darién jumped straight towards the point, He wanted to keep this conversation moving, But everytime this man had to prove how tough he was. The gate keeper was braggin about having the power to throw him into his dungeons etcetera, Talk that couldn’t impress Darién much. He had seen these types before,… Trying to intimidate by talking and threatening to make him talk. A common interrogation where the commander carefully analysed every single word he spoke. And he was still suspicious of him. And he would stay suspicious, And it was rather hard for Darién to not be himself. He probably just had something about him, that would always make him look suspicious. A dark aura…

I know where my relatives live, So I don’t need your help. And the city counts so many inhibitants,… You can’t just know everyone. That is impossible Commander. (The word commander spoken on a sarcastic tone). I will drink and have my meal here, Maybe catch a short nap and then it’l probably take the rest of the day to actually get there…

Darién drunk the final of his first drink and grabbed the second ale and as he waited for Damien’s response he glanced over at Reenia and the old man. He was still annoyed by the aged fellow. And this Reenia was actually quite attractive. Maybe he could buy her for a long hot hour? Darién’s greedy eyes stared at the woman’s breasts.

Norkin
New Santharian

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2005, 03:27:22 AM »

When the smith finally reaches the barmaid he stands with a content smile, leans forward and then whispers into her ear

Don't think I'm stupid, I know that signal, what business does Damien have with that abnoxious fellow?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 51   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]