Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Arth's Spot(Voldar)  (Read 111699 times)
Roslynn Chadwick
Stammering Belle
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #750 on: April 11, 2008, 02:35:08 AM »

A friend...The though rolled around in her mind for a moment before she smiled hesitantly at him, creating a small dimple in the right corner of her mouth. "I m-may need a room but I w-would like to speak to Thai fi-first." Squirming around in her seat slightly, she adjusted the bag on her shoulder before realizing it wasn't going to cooperate with her. A sigh a relief escaped between her lips as the heavy bag slipped down her arm to rest on the ground between her feet.

With a shake of her head a stray strand of bright red hair flipped back over shoulder before she looked back at the man in front of her. "I was told by the g-guard at the main gate that I should speak to Th-Thai about looking for a j-job." She was tired of traveling, and if she couldn't find a job in within a couple days she would have to be on her way once again. A slight shudder crawled up her spine as she thought about being poor and on the move, having to resort to stealing for food.

"Do you k-know how long he will be o-occupied for?" She was willing to wait as long as she needed if this man was the person she needed to talk to about employment.

A fool may ask more than
any wise man can ever answer.
Simonne Miller
« Reply #751 on: April 11, 2008, 02:55:57 AM »

Bregan looked at the young woman as she answered. Well, a job, that was something different. It was true, Thai usually knew about these kinds of things. But... maybe he could help a little there. Business had been picking up lately, so a pair of helping hands wouldn't go amiss. Perhaps he could get Thai to hire her as a waitress. Of course, it would have to be Thai's decision, since it was his bar and all, but Bregan was confident that he had at least enough of a voice with his friend that it should matter a little if he recommended her.

"No, he won't be too long, I should think. He'll be out in a minute. Tell me, do you have experience with anything specific?" He might as well start asking the questions that he knew Thai would want to know the answer to. It saved all of them some time. Then he thought of something else. "And can I offer you anything to drink? It's on the house." If he was going to be her friend, like he'd said, he might as well start. No, he couldn't give her just everything for free, but surely one small drink wouldn't be too bad. Thai'd understand.
Roslynn Chadwick
Stammering Belle
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #752 on: April 11, 2008, 11:43:51 AM »

She nodded gratefully before resting her forearms on the bar and leaning further over it. "Some hot t-tea would be nice, thank you." She hadn't had anything to eat or drink in the past three days besides a small portion of dried meat and stale bread, as well as some kind herbal concoction a seemingly nice old woman had given her. The brew had made her extremely light-headed and giggly, so she could only wonder what ingredients where really in it.

Scooting up on her chair until her backside was balanced on the edge, she began to run through her modest list of job experiences. "I'm rather good at p-playing both the harp and fl-flute. I've been playing since I was a l-little girl. I've had occasional o-odd jobs in the past two years, but the only one of s-significance was my time spent on an old employers f-farm." She had really enjoyed the environment of the farm and the company of the owners family, they had all been incredibly kind and thoughtful people. "I kn-know quite a bit about growing, caring for and h-harvesting a large number of crops. As well as what it takes to k-keep a business like a f-farm running successfully"

Her elbow slipped slightly on the smooth surface of the bar and cause her to teeter on her stool before slipping off and stumbling to the floor. With a groan she pulled herself up, rubbing her now sore derrière. Her face turned a soft pink and she slid back onto the stool, cleared her throat and attempted to continue as if nothing had happened. "I'm a f-fast l-learner though. And I'll t-try my h-hardest at whatever t-task I'm g-given." Her stutter grew considerably worse after the embarrassing fall, making it hard for her to get the sentence out at all.

A fool may ask more than
Simonne Miller
« Reply #753 on: April 16, 2008, 04:45:57 PM »

Bregan quickly made some tea for the red-haired girl, listening to her explanation. When she suddenly slipped, he tried to hide his smile. She was adorable. However, he didn't try to help her, instead not remarking on it at all, so that she could forget about it without him reminding her. He was just about to ask her what she thought of a waitressing job, when Thai returned from the kitchen. Bregan waved him over and introduced him to the redhaired girl.

"Thai, this is..." He stopped, and turned to the woman. Now it was his turn to blush - how could he not have asked that yet? "I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name." That was just so typical of him, about to hire someone he didn't even know the name of yet. He knew he was too trusting, but he couldn't help it. Then again, that was probably the reason Thai was the one who actually owned the tavern, while Bregan was just the 'extra'.
Roslynn Chadwick
Stammering Belle
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #754 on: April 16, 2008, 09:43:19 PM »

She glanced up at the man entering the room from the kitchen and then back at the bar tender as he motioned for him to come over. Smiling slightly at his little mishap she looked at both of them and replied. "My name is R-Roslynn... Chadwick." She had taken up her fathers last name when she left her mothers family a couple years ago. Sometimes she still had the urge to use her mother's maiden name when answering and the small but distinctly unwelcome reminder of her past wasn't pleasant.

Looking back on it, she supposed it was her own fault she hadn't offered her name in return when Bregan had given his, but nerves coupled with anticipation hadn't really given her brain much room for rational thought. "It's a p-pleasure to meet you both." This time her smile was wide and genuinely friendly. 

A fool may ask more than
Simonne Miller
« Reply #755 on: April 16, 2008, 10:28:42 PM »

Bregan smiled back at her, becoming quite bewitched. He didn't notice how Thai looked from him to the woman with a smile on his face, but he turned to his friend and told him about Roslynn looking for a job, and explaining what she had told him about being a fast learner. "We've been talking about hiring a waitress, haven't we? I really think Roslynn could do it." he added. He prudently didn't mention her little fall from earlier, sure that it was just a one-time occurence.

Thai looked at the red-haired girl for a while, thinking it over. She looked friendly, in any case, and that was just about the biggest asset in any waitress. On the other hand, the stutter might prove to be a difficulty... Then, taking a decision, he nodded and extended his hand. "Welcome to the team, Miss Roslynn. When can you start? And you seem to be new to the city, so you'll get a room here rather than going home like the other waitresses. A room you won't have to pay for, of course." If things didn't turn out alright with her, he could always find another solution for her. If he didn't give her a chance now, though, he would never know if she was any good, and that was always a shame. He smiled at her, a nice welcoming smile.

Bregan ruffled a hand through his brown hair and smiled as well. He was glad to get some confirmation that Thai took him seriously, even if it was so implicitly as hiring the woman that he'd suggested. Not that he *really* needed that confirmation, but it was still nice to know. And now he might even be able to get to know her a bit better. If he was honest with himself, she intrigued him, more than a little bit. But he preferred not to think about that, right at this moment. He just knew that he was glad that she was staying, at least for now. If she said yes, of course.
Roslynn Chadwick
Stammering Belle
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #756 on: April 17, 2008, 11:53:20 AM »

A waitress? She had never really thought herself capable of managing such a social job before. Her stutter always made her shy away from positions which required her to interact with other people, fearing their scrutiny or rejection. There had been plenty of instances where a simple conversation became strained when the other person grew frustrated or annoyed by her stutter. She could always tell when things like that happened, a persons body movements or the way they spoke to her, and all of that only made it worse for her stutter.

Blinking and shaking herself mentally she reached out for the extended hand, placing her own in its grasp. "Th-Thank you so m-much." She hadn't expected to be hire so quickly, though she was immensely grateful for the job, and perhaps even more so for the room. No more nights spent sleeping outside, nice weather or not. Waking up with a runny nose and fever wasn't a very desirable occurrence.

"I can s-start right away if you l-like." She had no other plans in the city, and her money was dwindling by the day. "If you d-don't mind me asking, h-how much does the position offer?" She knew it was her right to know what her wages would be, but she always felt so embarrassed for asking.

A fool may ask more than
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #757 on: April 23, 2008, 02:17:17 AM »

Thai liked her willingness, though her stutter did concern him. However, he thought, most of his patrons will overlook that once they see how pretty she is and the uniform that Thai gives his waitress's always show a bit more bosom than usual.

Thai learned long ago from a young knight, now Commander, that men always seemed to buy more ale and food if they had a pretty waitress that showed a bit more cleavage than usual. Most of the girls did not mind as the tips they received were more than generous to compensate for the lecherous stares, the rude suggestions and such that drunken men say that they would not say if they were sober or if their wives were around!

Thai was always on the lookout for those troublemakers that would go beyond the boundries that he set himself for his waitresses. Bregan usually took care of those. He was big, strong and knew how to use that heavy peice of oak under the bar unusually well.  He was taught by the Commander himself and Thai had his own piece of oak if things really got out of hand. (though he got caught by surprise the other night and it was a wolf that saved his skin, literally. The wound he had still hurt if he moved his body in a certain way.) But that was all part of the bar and inn buisness: probably why the Commander gave it to him. 

He chuckled, as he thought of that and then turned his attention to Roslynn.

Roslynn already had an ample bosom, so the uniform would not have to be altered in anyway and her red locks and pretty face and eyes would arrest any man. It did him, when he first saw her and he knew it definately did to Bregan.

"h-how much does the position offer?" she asked.

Thai thought, that is a fair question. "Well you get free room and board besides a uniform to wear and three sans a day besides any tips you may make. Is that ok with you?" Thai asked.
Roslynn Chadwick
Stammering Belle
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #758 on: April 23, 2008, 11:28:07 PM »

She nodded eagerly, excited about her new position and the fact that she had reliable sleeping arrangements, or for at least as long as she worked here. With a steady supply of money coming in she could finally work towards her goal of starting her own farm. It would take a long time to save up the money needed to start a successful business, but she would work as long and hard as she could, overcoming whatever obstacles that came to accomplish her dream. The only person she had to depend on was herself, the way it always had been and the way it seemed it would stay. But she felt secure with herself, knowing her limits and what her capabilities were. It would he hard for her to trust her future in the hands of someone else, not knowing if they were reliable or if they would let her down.

"That sounds w-wonderful. Thank you." Perhaps she wasn't showing how much excitement was bubbling inside her, but she could hardly wait to get started. She looked from one man to the other, her lips forming a small smile.

A fool may ask more than
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #759 on: April 24, 2008, 02:04:03 AM »

Thai rubbed his hands together gleefully. He could already see the money that she will bring in once word got around.

"Very good, Roslynn. I think I will leave you to Bregan to show you where your room is and then you can unpack. The evening rush will start in about two hours. That should give you enough time to unpack, bathe, and one of the other waitresses will come up and give you your uniform and explain how things are run around here.  I wish you the best of luck," Thai said. " I know give you to Bregan."

Thai turned to Bregan who looked liked a doe eyed puppy dog. "Bregan, show Roslynn one of the spare rooms and then get back here quickly, understood?" Thai asked.

Bregan quickly shook his head. "Yes Thai. Wait until I get your key Roslynn and then I will show you the upstairs and your room."
Roslynn Chadwick
Stammering Belle
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #760 on: April 28, 2008, 07:28:17 AM »

She waited patiently while Bregan went to retrieve the key to her room. Her room.. She hadn't been able to really call anything besides the clothes on her back "hers" since she left her family's home so many years ago.

She squirmed slightly in her chair before crossing her legs, placing the palms of her hands on the surface of the stool, and allowing her arms to support her weight. Her feet kicked back and forth slightly as she took a moment to observe the interior of the Inn. There didn't seem to be anything different about the room that you wouldn't find in any other tavern or Inn, but it seemed welcoming and generally a pleasant atmosphere to work in. Of course, she couldn't be too sure until the patrons arrived later and she really had a chance to feel the true personality of Arth's Spot.

A fool may ask more than
Simonne Miller
« Reply #761 on: May 02, 2008, 02:57:14 AM »

Bregan quickly returned with the key, and with a gesture of his arm invited the girl to come with him. He'd told one of the other waitresses to bring her uniform to her room. Opening the door for her, he kept it open but let her step inside first. Then he gave her the key, which would be hers as long as she was a waitress here. "Will you be needing anything else? If you want to take a bath before you start working, you can get water from the pump in the courtyard. That's something else you'll need to do while working here, getting water ready if the guests should require a bath." He thought for a while, but that was all she needed to know for now, he figured. "If you have any questions, just ask. We won't bite your head off." he laughed. Then, thinking that it wouldn't hurt to know a bit about her, he asked: "So where do you come from? Originally, I mean?"
Roslynn Chadwick
Stammering Belle
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #762 on: May 07, 2008, 11:46:16 PM »

She followed him up to her room and entered as he held the door for her. Looking around she was grateful to have a space of her own, regardless of what it looked like. She perked up some when she heard him mention the word "bath", thinking it would be an almost euphoric experience to bathe in an actual tub for once. When his questions turned towards the topic of her home, she mentally withdrew back to her original disposition. "I don't u-usually wish to talk about where I came from..." She paused before looking up at him, a sort of bittersweet expression in her eyes. "Too many p-painful memories." A halfhearted smile turned up the corners of her mouth slightly before she cast her gaze down to her feet. Swallowing hard against the lump that was forming in her throat, she took a long breath. "C-could you please show me to the p-pump?"

A fool may ask more than
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 30, 2021, 06:05:42 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]