Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Palace(Voldar)  (Read 71473 times)
Kain Cristar
Divine Aspect
Approved Character

Elf, Co'orhem Kayrrhem

« Reply #150 on: February 01, 2007, 07:41:11 AM »

As Sach drew them near the library, a stout youth ran past, Kain's eyes follwing the churing boy's path until he turned a corner and all that was left were faint echoes of footfalls to remind him that there had once been a boy. "He is life." The mage muttered to no one in particular. Sach nodded slowly, as he he hand drunk in the secret and would keep it to himself. "Tell me of the man. Who is he?" Kains voice is kept restrained in the reverberant corridors of the castle. Sach had told him that the walls had ears, and Kain was not about to have all the servents whispering about him. The child divulged the information quickly, and Kain stopped a moment to give pause to the information. The girl had a much less interesting story, it seemed, despite her unique form of company. By the time they came to the door, Kain had learned everything he needed to know. "Wait outside for me, I will need a guide to return me to my room, afterword." The boy nodded and Kain reached for the door's clasp. He felt a sharp pain in his shin, and looked down to see the boy motioning wildly. The mage shook his weary head and sighed, then rapped at the door three times. "Kain, at your service my liege." His tone carries respect and yet still held ferocious power. "May I enter?"

You have lived a life of cruelty and atrocity, you have bathed in the blood of the innocent, you have considered every act of depravity and your corruption knows no bounds. I am the angel of justice, I am the accumulation of all of your sins. Prepare for your redemption.

-Kain Cristar, Divine Aspect
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #151 on: February 02, 2007, 12:30:47 AM »

Voltigar's thoughts vanished when he heard the rapping on the library door and then he heard the request to answer.  He knew it was Kain and he was amazed at the power behind the voice even though it was behind a very thick door.

He rose and walked to the door, opening it. "Come in Master Kain," he said, stepping aside to allow Kain into the room.  He saw Sach standing there beside Kain and said to him, "Sach, I believe that Master Kain has taking a liking to you but this conversation I am afraid is just for us."

"I know Sire. Master Kain already told me to just wait here until you two are through and then I am to guide him back to his room." Sach replied.

Voltigar thought a moment and then looked at Kain. "Master Kain, since Sach is already a bit more privy to you than anyone else would you mind if he comes into the library with us? It is just that I do not know how long our discussions will last and these hallways are drafty. I would not think that you would like Sach to catch a fever.  But it is your choice. I will defer to your judgement in this case." Voltigar asked.
Kain Cristar
Divine Aspect
Approved Character

Elf, Co'orhem Kayrrhem

« Reply #152 on: February 02, 2007, 07:48:09 PM »

Kain nods his greeting and takes a few steps into the room. His eyes scan through the volumes of books, and he decides that he should come by here at night, when there isn't so much light. As the sun's rays flicker through the room, the mage feels a great burden pour onto his shoulders. He takes a few steps back into the shadows, then looks up at first his lord, and then the boy, giving pause to the king's wise words.

He had not even thought of the child's discomfort, such an emotion was not part of his mentality. His childhood had forced him to erase such notions from his mind. "You speak with your usual wisdom, lord." With articulate grace, he spreads his arm out toward the interior of the room, spaying his fingers in invitation. His cold eyes look onto the boy, as if trying to feel once more. Something akin to yearning presses against his chest, and, finding no purchase, slithers down into his bowels. It grows cold and hard and wicked and hides away in the shadows of his soul.

"I would not the boy to suffer." The mage ponders this word, and his mind is rife with dark thoughts as he turns to address his king. "What service might I bestow upon your graces, lord?"
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 07:50:33 PM by Kain Cristar » Logged

You have lived a life of cruelty and atrocity, you have bathed in the blood of the innocent, you have considered every act of depravity and your corruption knows no bounds. I am the angel of justice, I am the accumulation of all of your sins. Prepare for your redemption.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #153 on: February 05, 2007, 01:27:00 AM »

Voltigar closed the door behind them and as he walked to his chair motioned for Kain to sit, as Sach had already found a place to sit and was just watching and listening with interest.

Voltigar caught on that Kain preferred shadow compared to the warmth and light of the sun.  He wondered why?  Perhaps it had to with the magic. Since Kain was the first of his kind that Voltigar ever came across, he really did not know much about magic or magicians except for what he had read from his books in his library and the stories they told were to Voltigar's thinking at the time a bit far-fetched.  However as he looked at Kain he began to wonder if maybe he should not have discounted those books so readily.

Voltigar took up his cup of tea and took a sip as he considered Kain's question, he nodded toward the pot and empty glasses, "If you wish make pour yourself some. It is excellent tea. Sach, if you would like some please help yourself."

At first Sach kind of looked at Kain as if looking for approval, then deciding for himself that the King overuled Kain in this matter he poured himself a cup and then quickly found his seat and sat down, allowing the hot cup of tea to warm his cold hands.

"I think that we should probably get to know each other a bit more, Kain.  I would like to know where you come from?  How you learned the magic you possess, or were you born with it?  I also would like to talk about your appearence.  I notice that whenever anyone comes in contact with you they seem to shy away.  I admit being that way at first when I first met you, but I have come to know you a little just by watching you. For instance, I know that somehow you prefer the shadows compared to sunlight, as when you stepped into my library you stayed in the shadows even though the sun is quite blocked by heavy clouds and to me it is just a hazy light.  But for some reason it disturbs you.  That is something that interests me, why does sunlight bother you so much?

"I admit that your presence alone can make people shy away from you, but perhaps if you wore different clothing, or if that is not possible, perhaps at least smile at them when you talk.  I want you to represent my kingdom. To help my people understand magic and its ways and the people who weild such power but how can you do that if they are going to be so, how do I put this delicately?, so frightned of you that most would not come to meet you or they would just 'go along' because I have ordered it to be so.  I do not want that.  I want my people to understand and even embrace you and magic; at the very least not to be afraid of it or them that wield it."

Voltigar took several sips of tea before he continued, "I realize I probably threw a lot of questions at you all at once and that you will need time to gather your thoughts to be able to answer them. I want you to know that I am willing to wait and if there is something that is unconfortable for you to speak about know, perhaps we can talk about it later. It is your decision." Voltigar finished and leaned back in his chair.
Kain Cristar
Divine Aspect
Approved Character

Elf, Co'orhem Kayrrhem

« Reply #154 on: February 07, 2007, 12:29:58 AM »

Kain shifts Moh'epher on his shoulders, and glances at the offered chair. This one has a cushioned backing and there are no holes for his massive blade to fit through while he sits. He quickly unfastens the blade from his back and lays it at the side of his chair before sitting. He glances at the offered tea, but makes no move toward it. That was a civilized drink, something he had not often touched his lips to, besides, he was eager to hear what the king had to say. As soon as the words, "get to know each other" passed his lord's lips, Kain's heart sank. This was not going to be good. Not one man, woman, or child had tried to get to know him since his days at the acadamy. He had been a happier being at that time. He had become something of a monster since being shuned from those gates. "I was born on the Continent of Nybelmar. It is to the west and south and is a very different land than this Santharia. I was not there long, however, and in my late twenties, which is but a child for an elf. I set harbour in Milkengrad and then moved south to Ximax, where I learned the ways of magic for many many years. I have always had some innate talent for magic, but it is not something that only a special few can obtain. Anyone with training can become a mage, but there is much training to be had." The rest of his history was for a later time, or better yet, to be kept silent. Drawing up the details of his childhood, or his years in the north, wouldn't be pleasent for either party.

"I am usually greeted without much warmth. In my line of work, it is a blessing to have others fear me. I have never been a sociable person, but I can see that you would rather not have me spread fear in your kingdom. I understand your purposes, and see that they are good ones to have." Kain wondered how his appearance couldn't be terrifying to behold. He liked it that way, nobody got in his way, and his enemies got a taste of what was to come before he even lifted a finger. One could not be blamed for not wishing to be near The Divine Aspect, with his lanky height, skeletal frame, pallid flesh, and dead eyes. The karikrimson tattoos around his eyes and adorning his body certainly weren't there to accentuate his good looks. He had a slave's body, hard and powerful yet weak from years with little or nothing to eat. Infact, one of the most surpising things that had happened in the castle had been when a woman servent had seen him without the full coverage of his normal attire, and had not run for her life. Rather, she had seemed to stare a moment, and not with fear.

He paused a moment and almost laughed when he considered what he was about to say. "I will try to be a more amiable man, in your courts. I promise you that it will be a difficult endeavor for one such as myself, who has not felt the warmth of affection for centuries for a long while." He wondered to himself whether he had ever felt affection. "I also promise you that I will not spread fear onto those not deserving it." He couldn't simply not be a scary person, but he could try and counter act his terrible appearance by controlling his behavior. Besides, he rather enjoyed the quaking horror of his foes before he slaughtered them. Evil men should be made afraid, and Kain was rather good at making them that way. Kain had seen the darkest depraivities of man, and he knew pain. The thoughts bring up the corner of his lip, and he amuses himself with the echoes of their screams.

Realizing his mistake, he clears the thought, and moves onto the King's next question. Sunlight and himself and become fast foes upon the gathering of The Midnight Blade. Kain wondered how much to say, for the full story would surely bring grim respite onto the Magus. Just enough to answer the question, then. "The sunlight makes me weary, lord, and weakens my powers. It is a side effect of the immense powers of Moh'epher. It has been good for me that the storm has covered the sky recently, for I have been able to move about freely at day. Without its coverage, going outdoors in the shining light would leave me burdened and weary beyond exhaustion."

Kain had a question of his own, and voiced it candidly. "About this marriage ceremony, will I be in attendance?" The elf wasn't even sure as to what happened in such a ceremony, as he had never been in attendance to any at all, be they elven or human. Gatherings of joy and celebration had never been common in Kain's earlier life, and he had avoided them in his later years, and recently they had avoided him.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #155 on: February 07, 2007, 01:08:38 AM »

Voltigar listens intently as Kain speaks.  He speaks of a continent that to most is just a myth or a drunken sailor's story and yet he tells of being born there and then coming to Milkengrad. He did not even know there were ships that far back in history that could travel as far as where this continent was supposed to have been found. Was it a Nyblemar ship that carried him to Milkengrad?  And what city is Ximax?  He had never heard of it.  Where is it? Those and many other thoughts ran through Voltigar's mind as he continued to listen to Kain.

Yes, he nodded. He could understand the Kain's reasoning of how he wished his enemies to fear him. but would he want his allies to do the same?  Kain answered that with reasonable responses to his request.  Voltigar smiled as he realized that the man was doing all he could to please him and yet be true to his own character and upbringing. 

Voltigar could almost feel the pain the man before him carried. It was telltale in his voice. He wondered if the sword he carried; the Moh'epher, he calls it, causes him that pain or if it is something else?  Kain tells him of how the possession of the sword causes him to shun sunlight. Is that because it is evil? He thought without voicing it.

Finally Kain asked him a question.

"Yes, I was hoping that you would be there. There is a man, actually he is the groom, name of Clayton, I forget his last name at the moment. Anyway I think he is a spy for Nyermersys, or at the very least a man who likes to hurt women.  He is to marry one of my servant girls, who and her sister, have become close to me.  Actually I feel like all of my people are family and I do not wish harm to any of them, but there are those who are closer than others; these two are.

"I was wondering with your magic if you could discern if the man is a spy? Or at the very least will he treat his new bride with respect?  Also I thought since most of my people will be at this wedding, including the Nobles, that it would be a good time to introduce you.  However, since you seem to shun light, that may be a problem.  Perhaps we can seclude you in an alcove far above in the balcony and you can do whatever you do up there?  What do you think?  Also your tale has brought up other questions but I will wait until you tell me what you think about my plan for the wedding."  Voltigar said.
Cherri Rowandyn
Elemental Mage
Approved Character

Elf, Quaelhoirhim / Ylfferhim / Sanhorrhim

« Reply #156 on: February 12, 2007, 01:08:24 AM »

Cherri bathed slowly after she woke and then after the servants left she paced around the room contemplating.  The King appeared to be a just and fair man and she ha ever heard whispers that he employed a mage.  A very powerful one.  Cherri continued to pace the floor her soft soled boots making not a whisper across the floor.  Her dress flowed her movements flowing this way then the next.  Thoughts of what she should do about revealing her true occupation swirled about her head.  Surely if he had one mage in his service, he did not need two.  It would be best for her to keep quiet about it for now.  Perhaps she should take him up on his offer about training his archers.  It would mean employment and something stable.  Couldn't ask for much more than that.  She continued to think it over.  She would need to retrieve her staff eventually from where she had hidden it if she was going to stay here.  Cherri decided she would speak with the King on the matter and gather his thoughts as to the permancy of her training his archers.

Opening the door, Cherri found the servant girl from the night before.  Not being able to recall her name at the moment Cherri asked if she knew the wearabouts of the King.  Following the servant girl through the twists and turns of the palace halls, she was finally brough before a guard standing beside a door.  The guard eyed Cherri as he moved to stand directly in front of the door barring any passage to it.  "State your business."  the guard said as he continued to eye Cherri. 

Under the guard's scrutiny Cherri smiled inwardly as she did not find any attraction to her in his eyes.  He was a good and loyal man to the King.  Most human men found her very beautiful, for what reason she did not know.  She supposed it was because she was elvish and nothing more.  She had never had a suitor before so she guessed that compared to others of her race she was common, though certain traits had set her apart.  "She's one of the guests so I say you bet'er watch er tone." the servant girl said as she came to stand almost between Cherri and the guard.  The guard smiled a familiar friendly smile to the servant girl noting her protectiveness of her new charge.  "Aye she is is she?"  The guard liked the youngster and decided to humor her.  The young girl felt that she had charge over someone of importance and he would let her enjoy that for a bit longer.  "Well then that does merit importance.  State your business please, M'lady."  Cherri noticed that his face and eyes had softened but that there was still a kernel of distrust in his eyes.  "I have come to request an audience with the King to discuss a matter of a position of employment that was offered."  Cherri's voice was soft and yet firm with the always present melodious accent that always made her stand out from other tribes.  Cherri turned her attention to the serving girl.  "Thank you for leading me here, but I will wait alone for the King."  Smiling at the elfess the servant girl dropped a small curtsy and eyed the guard in warning as she left.  Cherri smiled after the girl slightly shaking her head thinking to her herself.

Bring her attention back to the Guard Cherri was met with a reply, "The King is meeting with someone at this moment, you could wait in one of the near by rooms."  He motioned her towards  a room just a few steps from his post and Cherri decided to take the time to look over the books in the room.  She found a chair and opened a book about elves that she had found on the shelf.  A wry grin split her face as she delved into the elvish world through human eyes.

************************************************************************************

Clayton awoke earlier that morning and was in a much more sourer mood than when he first slept.  The King was toying with him, of that he was sure.  Perhaps the feeble minded play king thought to make him ill from the draftiness of the chapel so that he would not marry his precious servant wench.  Perhaps he had a fondness for both the serving girls and took them both to his bed and now did not want to release one.  As Clayton picked up the sword and shield he had been given he looked to watch dog the King had put in charge of him.  "A bath and then breakfast, that is if I am permitted, before I meet the tailor."  The knight smiled inwardly as he saw how ill tempered Clayton was this morning.  He had not liked to man from the beginning and did not question the King when asked to do something.  Something about the man before him gave him chills that he had to suppress.  Not saying a word the man turned and led Clayton from the Chapel and back towards the palace.

************************************************************************************

Both Iris and Cadence were up at the crack of dawn and everything seemed to happen in a whirlwind pace.  There were dresses to try on, since there was not time to make one from scratch, and then alterations to make to the one Cadence chose.  She had finally chosen a dress and now was standing on a block of wood while the seamstress were about making notations here and there and occasionally getting stuck with a pin.  Cadence's stomach gurgled and growled and Iris's answered.  Iris was also standing on another block of wood wearing a gown as well with the seamstress's assistant poking her with pins more times than not.  The hadn't even had time to bathe yet much less eat.  And it seemed that the seamstress had been saying that this would only take a few more moments for the past three hours, which was more than likely an exaggeration, Iris told herself.  Everyone was all a fuss over Cadence and Iris thought one of two things would happen while she watched her sister.  Either one Cadence would scream at them all or two, and the most probable, she would break down into the tears that threatened to overtake her.  But Cadence did neither.  She smiled and nodded and said all the appropriate things a bride would say, the whole while wishing to herself something would happened someone would come and save her, so that she didn't have to play this pretense any longer.

Meanwhile the Palace was bustling about preparing the appropriate places for the last minute wedding.  Servants were tripping over one another in their rush, flowers were being brought in as quickly as possible, music was being rehearsed, etc.  and everything seemed to being on schedule.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 02:50:15 AM by Lady Cherri » Logged

Cherri Rowandyn
Keep your friends close; keep your enemies closer.
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #157 on: February 20, 2007, 03:41:38 AM »

Wilma

Wilma bustled through the gate guards to the palace. They all knew the woman and knew why she was coming.  She quickly navigated the corridors of the palace and found the room where Iris and Cadence were staying.  A burly guard stood outside their room. He knew her and greeted her with a nod of his head.  He knocked on the door and then opened it and allowed Wilma to enter and then closed the door behind her.

Wilma stood watching other seamstresses pick and poke the two sisters as they were trying to fit their dresses.  The seamstresses did not even look up when the door opened. They looked up when Wilma screeched.

"What be wrong with ye? Ye make the bride and her maid a pin cushion! Look at that dress! Why it is awful.  The hem is wrong. If she breathes too much she will rip those weak stitches out of her bust line and then what would happen?  I will tell ye, her bosoms would spill out, she would be laughed at and then the King would have probably have you flogged!  Now, all I need is one good seamstress. The rest of you may leave."

The seamstresses looked at one another and then looked at Iris and Cadence.  They did not know what to do.

"I said git. Now git!" Wilma yelled.

The seamstresses jumped, one poking Cadence pretty hard in her calf.  She did not even say she was sorry as she packed up her stuff as did the rest in a huff and left the room.  The only one who did not leave was a woman Wilma knew only as Rozetta.

"Well Wilma it would seem that you have not lost your touch...nor your temper." Rozetta said.

"And it would seem that ye have lost yer mind, Rozetta. Having those women fitting these two."

"It was all I had to work with." Rozetta replied.

"Good thing the King knew then," Wilma replied and then noticed the two women looking at her, wondering what in Coor's name who she was and what she was doing ordering their seamstresses around.

"I be Wilma," she said to them as if that was all that was needed.  "Now take off those dresses and lets see if we can get them to be as pretty as ye two are."  She stared at them.

Rozetta smiling, walked over to Cadence and began helping her take off her dress. "That was not a request M'ladies, but an order.  Do not worry she is the best seamstress in all of Voldar."
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #158 on: February 20, 2007, 03:46:50 AM »

Ulrath

Ulrath knocked on Clayton's door. "Master Clayton the fitter is here to fit you with your wedding suit.  Do you wish for him to enter?  Also I have ordered breakfast for you and the servant is here to bring it in.  Shall she serve you as well?"
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 03:47:39 AM by Capher » Logged
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #159 on: February 20, 2007, 03:54:23 AM »

Voltigar

While Voltigar waited for Kain's reply a guard knocked on the library's door and then walked in closing the door behind him.  He quickly walked toward Voltigar, knelt and whispered in his ear.

Voltigar nodded and then the guard left the room, closing the door behind him.

"Kain," Voltigar rose from his chair,"while you think about your answer I have something I must attend to. Sach will keep you company and if you need anything just ask the guard at the door."

Voltigar walked to the bookcase covering the south wall and pushed it open, walked through, and then closed it behind him.

He walked into the room and saw Lady Cheri perusing more of his books.  "Lady Cheri. The guard told me that you wished to speak to me. What can I do for you?" Voltgar asked.
Cherri Rowandyn
Elemental Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #160 on: February 21, 2007, 06:21:21 AM »

Iris and Cadence were seriously doubting the ability of the seamstresses when the door opened and in what seemed mere blinks the room was cleared.  Reaching down and rubbing her calf, Cadence wiped a small droplet of blood from the pin sized hole the seamstress had made as she had jabbed her with a pin.  Probably intentionally, Cadence mused silently.  The guard at the door knocked once and stated the bells for them in his gruff voice.  Cadence and Iris both resumed their stature to resume the fitting of the dresses.  Iris gave Cadence a reassuring glance.  She could tell her sister was growing more restless as the time for the wedding approached. 

Iris and Cadence both nodded their heads at Willma.  They would have offered a curtsy, but probably would have ripped the fabric they both wore.  Iris spoke first

"We consider it our privilege to have the best seamstress in all of Voldar working on our dresses.  I am Iris and my sister is Cadence." 

Cadence smiled a Wilma who was working on her dress.  "Yes, we are very honored to have your infamous skills at hand.  Those others were making us into their very own pincushions."  Cadence thought about her sore calf for a moment before her mind wandered to how she would be feeling this time tomorrow.  Perhaps Clayton would be gentle with her the first time, but then her common sense overrode her romantic notion.  No he would hurt her as much as he could, especially this her first time.  He would use her to appease his own distorted views of pleasure and would take out his frustrations on her.  Cadence's eyes were dim with the prospect.  Tears burned the back of her eyes.  She knew her station in life, knew that she was a servant and that she was not allowed many luxuries in life...at least she wasn't supposed to be.  The King had been so kind to her and Iris.  They lived much better than so many others, but still...she wished for happiness and love.  She wanted a family and a large one at that.  Iris and herself had spoken quietly in the dark hours of the night about Clayton...Cadence could only pray that she was strong enough to endure him until he could be taken care of.

Iris watched her sister and saw that she had withdrawn inside herself once again.  She wished that she could protect her sister from the monster that she was about to marry, but alas there was naught that she could do to prevent it.  She would take pleasure in killing Clayton if he hurt her sister, and Iris knew that he would.  Iris had already given Cadence the herbs to help keep her from bearing the bastard's child if it were to happen.  There were herbs that women took to become sterile for a short time or to even help the body rid itself of an unwanted baby shortly after conception.  She had never taken such before, but had it on good authority that the herbs worked.  Cadence may have to take Clayton raping her, but she did not have to bear the bastard's heir.  Iris's eyes hardened at the thought.  Yes, she would enjoy killing him when the time came.

Clayton was more annoyed as he heard the time of the bells.  He would most enjoy making Cadence pay with her body for all of his discomfort.  And it was even better that she was untouched.  He had taken virgins before and the thought of their pain filled screams made his groin tighten with anticipation.  He heard the man talking about the tailor and his breakfast and quickly the bulge disappeared.

"Yes show them both in!  The wedding in to take place soon!!"

Cherri was looking through the book when a noise twitched her ear.  She had heard about palaces having secret entries, but had never witnessed one before.  Then a voice satisfied her thoughts.  Placing the book aside, Cherri rose to her full height, straightening out her skirt, curtsied before the King.  "Yes my Liege, I did indeed which to speak with you.  I hope I have not intruded at an improper time.  I know of the wedding, but I wanted to clarify a few things with you before your attentions were needed else where.  You offered that I train your archers.  I would like to know the length of time you perceive my presence here.  I will need to find proper lodging and settle myself if I am to stay a length of time.  I am most honored to be offered the opportunity to train such excellent men."  Cherri curtsied again.  She had never dealt with royalty before and did not know if she crossed the line in asking for clarification...he was human after all and humans were said to be fickle at times.

Cherri Rowandyn
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #161 on: February 22, 2007, 12:16:22 AM »

Wilma

The praises the two young ladies heaped upon her slid off of Wilma's pride, like water off a duck's back. "Bah, I be no better than Rozetta here. I be older, that all." 

She sat down, opened her sewing bag, grabbed Cadence's dress from Rozetta and began ripping the stitches out. She looked up at Rozetta, "You do same to Iris's dress."

"Yes Ma'am," Rozetta replied, taking Iris's dress and ripping out the stitches.

"I be Wilma." Wilma replied as her fingers flew with practiced speed. She would look up once in a whlie and glanced between the two sisters.  "I suppose ye are a bit nervous Cadence. Is your 'room a handsome fella?  I 'memeber me Walter. He stood tall as an tree and strong as one as well. We did not 'ave a fancy wedding, just me mother, and his and me best friend, Teri and  the cleric. I be fourteen, thought I would never marry. Walter and me, had good life. He be gone now goin' on thirty years."

She continued talking looking back and forth between the sisters her hands moving without sight to guide them. there be something wrong here she thought.  Soon she had Cadence's dress all tore up.  She took one large piece of the glistening white satin fabric and held it up to her eyes.  She scruitinized the material, nodded her head that it was to her approval and then motioned to Cadence to stand back upon the pedestal. "Please stand on pedestal Miss Cadence so I can see how this will fit you." she said.

The Tailor swished in carrying many different colors of cloth and in behind him came a pretty servant girl. She was blonde, blue-eyed, rosy cheeked and full busted which was obvious as when she bent down and placed Clayton's breakfast of dark bread, honey, butter, two fried eggs, ale or tea or milk on the table her bosoms almost fell out of her low square cut dress. She smiled sweetly at Clayton. "Is there anything else you would like M'lord?"

The tailor huffed. "M'lord has more things on his mind.  It is eleven bells and his wedding is in two bells.  I have a lot of work to do to make him presentable to his bride and the King," he said in a high pitched, nasal type voice.

*******************************************************************************************

Voltigar held out his hand. "There is no need for all of this curtsying, Lady Cheri.  We are not in the presence of anyone else.  I believe we can hold off on the formalities, besides, between you and me, I am not too fond of all of them, the formalities that is.  Would you care to take a seat?" He motioned to one of the cushioned chairs.

He sat down after she did. "Would you like something to drink? Perhaps some tea? Or something stronger if you wish?"

She declined the offer.

"Well, if your sure," Voltigar replied, stretching out in his own chair. "I would think that to bring up my archers to the abilities that I would be happy with I would say at least three months or longer.  As far as accomodations are concerned you are more than welcome to stay here in the Palace. I assume your room was adequate.  If however you would rather stay in town than the best place to stay would be at Arth's Spot.  Would three months or longer be a burden to you?" He asked.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 12:26:05 AM by Capher » Logged
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #162 on: February 23, 2007, 02:01:53 AM »

The Palace guards saw the contingent of armored knights heading toward them.  The immediately closed the gates and took a posture of defense.  They watched with curious eyes as the group of knights approached the gate.  Finally, the knight who had spoken with Grant rode a bit farther ahead of the rest and stopped by the gate.

Paulos, a burly, shaved-headed palace guard stood at arms and asked through the metal gate. "What is your buisness here?"

The knight lifted up his visor. He stared down at Paulos with steely gray eyes. "I am Sir Raif. I come on behalf of my benefactor Baron Thorigor to speak with the King. Will you allow us admittance?"

Paulos thought a moment. "I will send a messenger to tell the King of your request.  He is quite busy as he will be performing a wedding very soon, in the meantime you and your knights are welcome to come in."

"A wedding? Who's?" A man with cropped silver colored hair asked as he rode closer.

Paulos gazed at the man. He had the air of one who commanded authority.  Paulos saw the signet ring upon the mans right ring finger and guessed he must be the Baron.

"M'lord, I doubt if it is any consequence to your esteemed self. It is only a wedding between a shopkeeper and one of our servant girls."

Rief snorted, "Your King marries commoners?" he asked derisevly.

"If he has a mind to, yes. And it really is none of your buisness." Paulos retorted.

Rief's face reddened and he clamped down his visor.

Paulos and the rest of Palace guards immediately raised their pikes.

"Stop this nonsense!" Baron Thorigor demanded. "Reif, raise your visor now."

There was a slight pause but then Reif raised his visor, nodded curtly at Paulos and pulling back on the reins backed his horse away.

"I apologize for my knights behavior. We have travelled a very long way, with hardly no rest to speak with the King.  There will be no more trouble I assure you." Baron Thorigor stated.

Paulos nodded and his men lowered their pikes. "Thank you M'lord. We did not wish to engage in combat with you or your knights. I too apologize for my tongue. King Voltigar has admonished me many times for its use."

"Voltigar? I thought Cedric was King?" The Baron asked surprised.

"King Cedric died over a month ago." Paulos answered without going into detail.

"Oh, I see," replied the Baron.

"Why do you not get off your horses, some of my men will stable them and feed them. I will take you to the Palace so you can await the King."

Baron Thorigor nodded, swung off his horse and then his knights did the same.  Paulos waved his hand and several men ran forward, grabbed their horses reins and led the animals away.

"This way M'lord," Paulos said walking toward the garden maze that will bring them to the Palace doors. Baron Thorigor began walking behind Paulos and his knights followed.

The young guard ran breathlessly into the Palace and asked anyone he came into contact with if they knew where the King was?  He received many no's, but then a servant told him the King was in the library.

The guard thanked the servant and ran to the library where he was met by another guard who eyed the youngster suspiciously. "I...I need to speak with the King," the young guard said breathlessly.

"What for? He is entertaining a guest."

"There is a Baron Thorigor who wishes to have an audience with him. He and his knights are being led to the Palace as we speak."

The guard thought a moment then replied. "Go and meet the Baron and his knights and have them wait in the throne room. Have servants there to offer food and drink. I will tell his Majesty your request."

The young guard nodded and then took off back down the hallway.

The older guard smiled as he turned, opened the library door and looked in.  All he saw was Kain and Sach. The king was not there. "Where is his Majesty?" he asked.

Sach pointed to the bookcase. "He went through there." he answered.

The guard took a quick glance where Sach pointed and nodded. "Thank you," he replied as he shut the door.

He walked a few steps to his right and knocked on another door.

Voltigar awaiting Lady Cheri's answer was becoming annoyed at all of the interruptions. "Enter!" He demanded.

The guard came in. "I apologize your Majesty for the interruption, but this could not wait."

Voltigar wondered what was going on. "What cannot wait?"

"Sire, a Baron Thorigor and several of his knights are being escorted to the Palace as we speak. I have made arrangements for them to be taken to the throne room and that their needs be taken care of."

Voltigar had to think a moment and then remembered a Baron Thorigor. He ruled Cemphira far south of here, near Milkengrad. What would he want? Voltigar wondered.

He frowned and then replied. "You have done well. As soon as they are in the throne room, come and get me."

"Yes Sire," the guard replied closing the door after him.

Voltigar turned to Lady Cheri. " I apologize. Have you thought about my request?" He asked.
Cherri Rowandyn
Elemental Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #163 on: February 23, 2007, 09:00:46 AM »

Nodding her head as she silently mulled things over her head she opened her mouth just as the door opened and the Guard stuck in his head.  She waited until her was finished and the King had dismissed him. 

"Yes, M'lord I have thought about your proposal and have decided to take you up on the generous offer.  I am not needed any where in the upcoming months, but I will need to let m family know where I am at and that I have arrived safely.  I do not perceive them needing me anytime soon in the near future.  My room was more than adequate and I believe that I will stay here in the Palace.  I will be closer to my duties.  I will not take up any more of our time as I am aware you are needed else where and myself needing to prepare for the wedding.  Thank you for your time.  You are truly a different breed of King.  You have my respect and loyalty."

Cherri's amethyst eyes seemed to glow with something unknown in their depths as she addressed the King.

*************************************************************************************

Clayton watched as the tailor and the servant girl entered.  He immediately regretted that his wedding was in two bells as he watched the servant girl place his tray upon the table, her breasts almost spilling forth.  He began to muse how he could clear the room without suspicion and quickly realizing that he couldn't he opening let his eyes roam over the girl's form.  Her warm smile was invitation plenty and he was still feeling the lust that Iris had stirred in him the previous night and that had gone unsatisfied.  Clayton made a mental note to seek out the servant wench after the wedding.  Then he dismissed her from his mind and back to the annoying tailor who sounded more nasal and feminine than any man had a right to.

"There is always time to admire beauty no matter what other pressing matters may be at hand."  Clayton said staring at the servant girl, his eyes ever holding a promise unspoken.  "But alas, I am anxious to meet my bride for a second time."

Clayton began to undress before the tailor, and the servant girl whose smile broadened at the perspective of seeing him disrobed.  The tailor began his measurements and began fitting Clayton with material looking pointedly at the servant girl and dismissing her.

*************************************************************************************

Cadence smiled as she listened to Wilma talk about her beloved husband who had passed so long ago.  There was still so much love in her voice.  That was the type of love she longed for.  The lasting kind.

Looking down at Wilma she said softly, "There is still so much love in your voice for him.  He must have been a great man to have a woman love him in such a way."  Cadence quickly wiped a tear that had escaped her eye.  She would allow herself only one.  Only one tear for all that she would be giving up for who would want a woman after she had been with a man like Clayton...

Iris watched her sister and barely heard what she said to Wilma and her heart broke.  They had come too far now to turn back and for once Iris was unable to protect her little sister.  Cadence was young still and deserved all the love she could possibly fathom of having.  Iris was ready to step down and tell Cadence that they would figure something else out another way to do it...

Cadence came out of her musings and her back went rigid straight.  She would not allow herself to wallow in self pity.  She would do as asked and she would endure what she must.  If she was to have a true love, then nothing would stop it.  And the King would find a way to keep Clayton at bay for as long as he could.  She noticed the expression on Iris's face and saw the ever slight shift in her poise and shook her head ever so slightly but enough.  She and Iris were close and she knew her sister could read the message in her eyes.

Iris noticed Cadence's posture suddenly change even tho it was ever so slight.  Her back was straight and when her sister slightly shook her head and looked at her, she could read a renewed strength and resolve in them.  No Cadence was determined to go forth with what they had planned.  Iris quietly said more to herself than to anyone else,"Alright then.  May the Gods help us."

Cherri Rowandyn
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #164 on: February 28, 2007, 02:18:43 AM »

Wilma

Wilma's eyes did not miss the tear in the young girls eyes, or the longing in her her voice when she commented upon her Walter, nor did she miss the swift glances each of the sisters gave to one another.  "Walter be just a man, not great, just a man."

She stopped her pinning of Cadences's hem and sighed. "Though as long as he lived we had food on table, roof over heads, and plenty of love."  She stared up into Cadence's eyes. "I be sometimes a meddlesome woman and if I am meddling now tell me and I shut me mouth.  I have feeling that you Miss Cadence are not happy. I see signs between you and your sister that tell me that neither of you are.  Wedding supposed to be happiest day of young girls life.  If not happy, then why marry?  You marry only once.  I be troubled not to speak my mind when I see what I see."

Ulrath

Ulrath saw the servant girl leave Clayton's room with a rosy blush upon her face down to her ample bosoms.  He took a hold of one of her arms, "I know thee, and from what I can see I can see that you are pleased with our guest. I warn you, he is not one to be so trifled with."

"What makes you so certain, Sir knight?" The servant girl asked haughtily.

"For one, he is going to be married very soon and for another he will be knighted by the King himself.  That should be more than enough reasons.

She smiled and then laughed, "Is that all?  I must needs to go. Please release my arm."

Ulrath shrugged, "Do as it pleases thee, but I have warned thee," he said releasing her arm.

The tailor watched the servant girl leave, sighed as he watched Clayton undress. "Silly girls. They only interrupt men's work.  Now lets have you stand upon this pedestal so I can measure you," he said smiling widely as he pulled out the string. "I brought some very different types of cloth, Master. They range from the soft silk to the more manly cotton.  The colors are also varied; as I did not have a chance to meet you before hand I did not know your eye color, which if you do not mind me saying is very striking, and your skin color.  I ask you to look at them and choose which colors you would like.  Shall we get started?" he asked.

Throne Room

The guard grandly threw open the throne room doors and led the Baron and his knights into the throne room.

The Baron walked in and stopped short as did his knights.  The throne room was a long rectangled shaped room with two tiers on either side, that looked down upon the main floor.  A very broad central pathway led down to the dias where upon sat the throne.  The floor itself was a brocaded marble covered with a deep lush wine colored carpet.

Servants were buisily arranging flowers, pinning up buntings of white on the tier's in a sort of wave pattern.  They all briefly looked up when the party entered the room, but quickly went back to the buisness at hand to prepare the throne room for the wedding.

One of the knights let out a slow whistle; "If this is for commoners. I wonder what he does for Nobility?" He muttered under his breath.

The guard turned, "Sir knight who told you this wedding is for commoners?"

"The other guard, why?"

"Well, he is partly correct. The groom I understand is a shopkeeper, but a very successful one from Nyermersys."

"And the bride?"

"Well she is what you would call a commoner. She is one of the King's maid servants.  But what makes this all so special is that the King is going to knight the groom, but not just knighted, but to be a "Knight of the Order of Voldar"

"What for? What has he done to deserve such an honor?" Reif wanted to know.

The guard shrugged his shoulders, "That I do not know. I expect the King to tell us all during the ceremony."

"Who is this girl that he is marrying?" Baron Thorigor asked.

"M'lord, I believe her name to be Cadence."

There was a strained silence as the Baron took a deep breath. "Cadence, you said?  Does she have a last name?" He asked.

The guard shrugged his shoulders once again. "In truth M'lord I do not know. I have never met the young lady personally.  Is there a problem?" The guard asked, wondering what was going on and why they were so interested.

Suddenly the group was surrounded by several servants carrying trays of drinks and food.  The guard let out his breath slowly and thanked the gods for the intervention. "M'lord, the King has asked that you and your knights refresh yourselves with food and drink.  We have good ale's and some excellent wines as well as any kind of food your heart desires."

The servants placed the food and drinks along with goblets, tankards, plates, and eating utensils
 upon a large cloth covered table situated along the back of the room and then left.

The Baron turned and nodded his head slightly.  His knights took of their helms and walked to the table and began to eat and drink.  Reif came over shortly and handed his lord a goblet of wine.  He was munching on a leg of lamb. "I must admit the King sets a very good table."

"Thank you for the compliment Sir knight." Voltigar answered as he walked into the room.  He had concluded his buisness with Lady Cheri, had walked into the library and Kain was still thinking about his offer so he left and decided to find out why the Baron of Cemphira was paying a visit, but he first dressed himself a bit better.  He was dressed in a gray hose, a white doublet over which a light blue surcoat with the brightly embroidered coat of arms of Voldar hung loosely over his shoulders.

Baron Thorigor and Reif turned at the sound of Voltigar's voice, and then bowed deeply. "Your Majesty."  The rest of the Barons knights put down their plates and cups and bowed as well. "Long live the King!" they shouted and then bowed down.

The servants all stopped in amazement looking at one another wondering what to do and they finally bowed down as well.

Voltigar smiled, "Well met Sir knights. You may raise up now."  He looked around and saw his servants bowing as well.  "Rise up all of you and continue your work."

The servants quickly rose and continued their preperations.

The knights and the Baron rose. "Continue eating and drinking my fellow knights," Voltigar said waving his hand toward the table.

Voltigar walked to the table as well pouring himself a goblet of wine then the Baron and himself took a seat with Rief standing behind his lord. Voltigar took a drink of his wine. "My guards told me that you wished to speak with me.  I dislike having to rush, but I have a wedding to prepare for."

"Yes we noticed your Majesty. Your guard told us that you are going to give a shopkeeper the honor of being knighted in the Order of Voldar. What has this commoner done to deserve such an honor?" Rief asked sarcastically.

"It seemeth Baron that you have not taught your knights respect.  I have a man, my champion, who takes care of those who insult me. His name is Commander Damien Scar. Do you by any chance happen to know him?"

"No, your Majesty. I have never met the man personally, but I have heard of his reputation and his prowess as a fighter. I would dislike the thought of my nephew's head upon one of your city's spires.  He is a bit brash and forward. He is young. He will come to know better when he matures."

"If he does not die before then, Baron."

Baron Thorigor turned his head and looked at Rief. "You are dismissed. I will speak to the King alone."

Rief's eyes were hard as granite as his jaw clenched and then unclenched. He bowed his head toward his lord and then to Voltigar. "I apologize your Majesty for my unseemly behavior."  He then turned on his heel and walked to his fellow knights.

Thorigor turned back to Voltigar. "I pray that will suffice, your Majesty.  He is a very proud knight."

"Pride is good, sometimes, but it can also kill," Baron, "nevertheless his apology is accepted. Now what is it that you wish to speak with me about?"

« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 03:26:18 AM by Capher » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]