Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 83   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Voldar- Lycheus's Revenge- OOC-2  (Read 162435 times)
Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Mini-mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2006, 01:17:23 AM »

Hi all!
We (admins) try to get a grip on who is playing where, especially how many! Could anyone with some time on his hands do a list for us and post it ? Please, list your other chars (in brackets) if you are playing them as well, if their existence is not a secret.
An extra thread would not be bad, so it could be updated later, if you wish so (Look in the Thirsty Herald, there is one.)

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2006, 12:21:23 AM »

Ok, I have started the story which actually begins at the gate for Nyermersis.  I am hoping that a Nyer player will be willing to play the guard, as an NPC, of course, and let him in.  But I think that all of you should read that post as it fills in the gaps from the backstory to the present.

@Cheri, I edited your post to enter the city and will have a guard send you up to Captain Norman Graaves. I hope you did not mind.

@the rest of the players who had signed up or are still in Voldar.  Time has gone forward.  It has been almost a month now since, King Cedric had been murdered.  If you read the post at Nyer's gate, which I asked you to read in the beginning of this post, then you will get an idea of where we are.  For most of you I suggest that your starting place should be in Arth's Spot.  You could be eating and drinking and still talking about the murder of King Cedric, his bodyguards, and his cousin, Trelor.  Or you could be talking about the near death of Commander Scar or anything.  It is a time for rejoicing as the oppressive hand of King Cedric has been lifted and the gentle, yet firm hand of King Voltigar has taken over.  Most of the players who had played the first chapter should be able to post a reasonable post.  For you newcomers, you must enter in at one of the "Gates" Preferably the main one, but if you are so inclined to enter in at one of the other's, especially the River gate, do so.  But remember in your descriptions where you are; IE what section of the city, what sights you might see, hear, feel, smell, etc. etc.  And that goes for all players.

Now for some other questions being asked; I do not know if there is armour on the dev site.  I will have to look.  I assume their is, but whatever armour their is, then the players must adhere to whatever armour their character would wear and it would have to be included in their CD, or else in one of their posts they go to a blacksmith, or armourer and purchase it.  But be aware that only armour approved in Caelereth's dev site will be allowed to be used.  Oh, BTW, if you choose to wear armour, be intelligent about it. In otherwords, a lady, or woman could not possibly wear real heavy armour.  Plate steel, rusts in rain, as does chainmail, and chainmail is heavy, though not as heavy as plate steel.   I am sure you get the picture.  Also do not wear armour that would not fit your race's dispostion.  Always check the dev site, for what kind of weapons, armour, etc etc that your character would use depending upon their race and gender.

Also, please post your posts accordingly to the weather, time and month.  Thank you.  OH I almost forgot, Have FUN!!

Capher.

Edited by: Capher at: 2/6/06 7:42 pm
Marvin Cerambit
Carvin' Marvin
Approved Character

Orc, Gob-Oc

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2006, 02:29:23 AM »

Dev board wise I would take the same restrictions to what is possible  as those to make a CD. My question was more one of balance (since a simple breastplate would make Ork significantly more dangerous).

Quote:
a lady, or woman could not possibly wear real heavy armour

Well, if she's a lady or not is debatable, but Ne'iav'rine is a woman and she wears heavy armour ;)

Anyway, Ne'iav'rine: I'll follow your lead.

Oh, and only Ork will be playing, but I'm too lazy to switch accounts :rolleyes  

Marvin Cerambit ~ Do not tease my Warg, because you are crunchy and tasteful

Need help with your new Character?
~> Click Here <~

~> Click Here <~
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2006, 02:41:23 AM »

@ Marvin, please do not be lazy when posting.  It confuses me.

As far as a lady wearing armour, I guess I was referring to a human lady.  An Orcish female, would wear armour, I guess, but what kind?  I guess some research is involved here.  

Capher.

Marvin Cerambit
Carvin' Marvin
Approved Character

Orc, Gob-Oc

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2006, 05:15:23 AM »

If I'm confusing in what I post it's not because I'm lazy, but mostly because I sometimes have ideas in my head, but forget to add them. Sorry for that. Unless you mean the switching account thing. If it was that I'll try and remind changing accounts the next time.

The armour quote was a bit of a joke :nod  I know Ne'iav'rine is a bit of an exception as normally even orcish females do little more then cleaning, cooking, reproducing, that kind of things. Only two tribes have female warriors and she happens to be one of them. Normally what's in the profile should be ok when it comes to such things, so you could go forth on that.

What I meant with the same restrictions to what is possible as those to make a CD was for what would be able to be purchased IC before the battle. A smithy won't have much more than the standerd things, so it's unlikely you'll find some kind of special armour, things like that.

~> Click Here <~

~> Click Here <~
Xanth the Dreamer
New Santharian

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2006, 06:22:23 AM »

Hey you guys I am most profoundly sorry I haven't posted before this.  My ezboard account wouldn't work so I couldn't post and then my internet went out, and then my computer died>: .  It's been hell.  But I am back and should be posting as often as possible.  Once again I sincerely apologize.  

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2006, 10:16:23 AM »

No problem Xanth.  Just read the new backstory, and know where we are.  Since you are in Arth's, you can stay there.  As far as internet problems and ezboard, we all understand.

@Marvin, I was talking about switching accounts.  If your female orc does wear armour, I just want her to wear armour that an orc would normally wear, that is all I was getting at.

Capher.

Kain Cristar
Divine Aspect
Approved Character

Elf, Co'orhem Kayrrhem

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2006, 11:22:23 AM »

How bout Kain is apprehended because of the display he gave while trying to hunt Darien, but instead of being killed for his crimes, he is asked if he could head a group of mages who would take out dangerous criminals. Since he can recognize mages with his sence aura spell, he conscripts various mages (NPC's that will be played by me, and maybe Cherri and some other player characters as they come along.)

Then as the war breaks out, Kain's little posse gets a new job...:evil

If you still want me to audition for the part, just tell me what you would like me to write about and expect a reply in your box by that night!

You have lived a life of cruelty and atrocity, you have bathed in the blood of the innocent, you have considered every act of depravity and your corruption knows no bounds. I am the angel of justice, I am the accumulation of all of your sins. Prepare for your redemption.

-Kain Cristar, Divine Aspect

You have lived a life of cruelty and atrocity, you have bathed in the blood of the innocent, you have considered every act of depravity and your corruption knows no bounds. I am the angel of justice, I am the accumulation of all of your sins. Prepare for your redemption.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2006, 11:33:23 AM »

Ok, Kain. the scenario sounds good, with an exception.  You have been apprehended and arrested and are in the dungeon. Then lets say that you have been commanded by the King to be taken out of the dungeon and taken to the palace.  So the first post will be Sgt. Tillath, who has been promoted to be the Warden of the dungeon talking to you in the dungeon.  

Capher.

Kain Cristar
Divine Aspect
Approved Character

Elf, Co'orhem Kayrrhem

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2006, 11:14:23 AM »

I will wait for said post!

And you have a reply good friend

I am sorry about the usage of neiavrine intermitently with Kain, and it will stop today!;)  

Edited by: Kain Cristar  at: 2/7/06 4:14 am

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2006, 01:36:23 AM »

Ok, Kain, no problem now.

@Talia, I am sorry I did not see your request for a players list before.  I must have missed it, but now I see it.  I shall try and get the list made up as soon as possible.  Where do you want me to put it?  Here on the site?  Or somewhere else?

Capher.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2006, 02:30:23 AM »

Sorry Kalina, I forgot you said you wanted to play Norman.  I played him because I thought that Cheri had waited long enough for a response.

Capher.

Cherri Rowandyn
Elemental Mage
Approved Character

Elf, Quaelhoirhim / Ylfferhim / Sanhorrhim

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2006, 06:40:23 AM »

I don't know exactly where Voldar is in reference to everything else so forgive my posting if it is a bit off.  I know the city is surrounded by plains.  I read that somewhere.  I will change my post if need be, just let me know.

Personal Page
Cherri Rowandyn

Cherri Rowandyn
Keep your friends close; keep your enemies closer.
Grunok the Exile
Seeker
Approved Character

Male Losh-Oc Orc

Homepage
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2006, 07:38:23 AM »

Cherri:  See my post in the map thread, in response to yours :broadgrin  

Kain Cristar
Divine Aspect
Approved Character

Elf, Co'orhem Kayrrhem

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2006, 02:41:23 PM »

Voldar is a port city, and is close to the coast, there is a sort of delta with bridges near it.

Thats kinda what the map shows at least.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 83   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]