Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter 1A: An Evening of Threats and Promises  (Read 40183 times)
Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« Reply #135 on: November 30, 2005, 04:42:22 AM »

Pangs, Ducal Guard

Pangs clings grimly on to the left arm and shoulder of the elf as he kicks and writhes in his and the other guards' grip.  What is wrong with this elf?  he wonders.  The thought of demons crosses his mind and he shudders, his grip loosening just as a strange change seems to come over the lean but hard muscle beneath his grasp.  Pangs feels the elf at once relax, ceasing to struggle, but also to tighten his muscles.  The elf pitches his voice at 'menacing' and says "Unhand me now".  After a moment's consideration Pangs does just that, certain that whatever odd fit had taken the elf has passed.  As he and his rank-mates turn to resume their places, Pangs uses all his training to ignore the strange, worried feeling in his chest.

Nasty Lady

Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« Reply #136 on: December 01, 2005, 04:57:22 AM »

Xaod's departure leaves Nasty standing alone with the pale elf who had just tried to fend off six guards.  With a sideways look she moves away from him to where the servants stand with the food trays.  Picking up a sweet pastry she looks at the new person, the man who had not been there when she left.  With the angle he is standing, all she can see of him is the set of his shoulders and the side of his hood.  "Hello", she says warily, then nibbles on the pastry.

Nasty Lady

Kain Cristar
Divine Aspect
Approved Character

Elf, Co'orhem Kayrrhem

« Reply #137 on: December 01, 2005, 12:01:22 PM »

His intentions are so focused on the beauty that he does not notice the blondes approach. Her greeting at once astonished and frightened him. Kain tences for a moment, then regaining some of his composure, swirls around to face her. His eyes search for a moment, then shift downward onto her pale frame. They gaze down upon her own dark orbs with with a menacing fire, and the chill violence of a comming storm. His hidden lips express no emotion, and his expression is dark and malicious. I greet the, and tip mine vessel to thine greatest fortune. His ironic tone conflicts with his toast. He begins to turn around, but a thought flashes into his mind. He stops turning and stares ahead, forming the words as he speaks them. Be you blessed with knowledge as to this meeting of dark souls? Seeketh this benevolent noble his lords throne?

You have lived a life of cruelty and atrocity, you have bathed in the blood of the innocent, you have considered every act of depravity and your corruption knows no bounds. I am the angel of justice, I am the accumulation of all of your sins. Prepare for your redemption.

-Kain Cristar, Divine Aspect

You have lived a life of cruelty and atrocity, you have bathed in the blood of the innocent, you have considered every act of depravity and your corruption knows no bounds. I am the angel of justice, I am the accumulation of all of your sins. Prepare for your redemption.

Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« Reply #138 on: December 02, 2005, 04:57:22 AM »

Nasty sees the tensing of the man's shoulders and starts inwardly as he turns toward her. She takes in his light complexion, the thin lips and the red tattoos around the eyes.  Not the best features, but they come together to make him almost good-looking, if it wasn't for the frenetic, intense engergy which emanates from those eyes.  In her first glance, that energy is what she really grasps and she thinks to herself, perhaps unfarily, Kack, he's another ugly one.  Only one good-looking male in the whole pack.  And then he starts to speak.  

She sighs, and this time she is unable to stop herself rolling her eyes as she thinks, Pathetic.  As pretentious as that elf. He starts to turn away and she walks off quickly, in a vain attempt to be the one doing the turning-away-from.  He speaks again, still in that strange, anachronistic prose and she stops, not sure of where she was heading anyway.  Turning back she says what's on her mind - "Are you serious?  Why are you talking like that?"  A semi-interested, semi-skeptical expression is on her face as she waits.

Nasty Lady

Kain Cristar
Divine Aspect
Approved Character

Elf, Co'orhem Kayrrhem

« Reply #139 on: December 02, 2005, 10:26:22 AM »

After knitting his brows in puzzlement he faces her and mutters. Thine tounge that uttereth the strange speak, not mine. These lips hath for three centuries bespake as such. Nobody had yet commented on his language, and he had been quiet proud of his mastery of a foreign tounge. Kain really did not care for this woman and she disintrested him in every way. Just looking into her eyes he could see her own aversion to him. This did not bother him as he only wanted the human's information. Why have these assorted fiends been gathered here? Who be it that holds us so? His voice cuts through the air like a blizzard and has the rumbling threat of thunder.

Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« Reply #140 on: December 05, 2005, 04:32:22 AM »

Nasty gives the tattooed man a considering look at his reply and decides he must be foreign or something.  Hearing him repeat his question, she casts around for a seat, and, finding nothing, turns her eyes to the throne.  That looks comfy, she thinks with a sense of mischief, but then her eyes pick out motion behind the throne, and the vulture-like form of Guoranala resolves itself from the shadows.  I don't need to sit down that much, she thinks, her brows furrowing a little.  

"The Duke of Marcogg," she says, finally answering his question in  a low voice, her eyes still on the advisor.  "And that thing up there is his advisor.  The Duke wants us to go on this quest to find a Sword - the Sword of Midnight or something - no, Twilight, it was.  We're to bring it back to him so he can use it to clear his way to the throne of the Santhran himself."  Nasty's eyes flick back to the man, finally focussing on him properly.  "We are here to serve, because we are disposable.  But the rewards he offers, and the punishments for failure... I don't know what he said to the others, but I will go, and I will bring the Sword to him."  She nods, her eyes unfocussed as she thinks about her brief encounter with the Duke.

Coming out of her reverie, her eyes refocus and she looks at her questioner again.  "So, what is your name?"

Nasty Lady

Kain Cristar
Divine Aspect
Approved Character

Elf, Co'orhem Kayrrhem

« Reply #141 on: December 05, 2005, 05:14:22 AM »

Kain is to busy thinking about this information. He searched his mind for referances to this sword, but found that there was nothing on hand. It would have to be an esoteric thing indeed to have escaped his search. Or maybe it did not exist. Kain realizes he does not have sufficient data to give himself a definate conclusion. He takes annother small sip from his goblet and wonders how to answer her question. I prefer the likes of you kind to grovel at my feet and christian me their most divine aspect. You seem the sort of which is to proud to bend their backs to save their lives. For those I give annother name. Those may curse the name Kain as I drink their souls. He smiles about as winningly as he could, then with growl spins on his heel and continues to absorb the red headed woman.

Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« Reply #142 on: December 06, 2005, 05:15:22 AM »

Nasty sputters at the man, her eyes popping from her head.  "You pompous demonspawn!" she shouts.  "I was being polite, and you... you Greyler!"  Impotent anger grips her as she reaches for her missing daggers, wanting to ram at least one of them between the man's ribs.  Not finding anything with which to hit him, she runs around to the front of him and tries to throw the rest of her liquor into Kain's face while he stares at Rheine.  If it succeeds, his eyes will sting as it is very strong, high-alcohol liquor.  She spins and begins to cross the room to Rheine and Darien.  "Did you hear that!?" she says to Rheine, still at a strident volume.  "What is it with these feffing over-stuffed asses?!"

Nasty Lady

Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #143 on: December 06, 2005, 05:49:22 AM »

Darién was well aware of his surroundings even tough he was burried in thought, and heard every word of the conversation. He smiled for what the newcomer had said, It where exactly his thoughts. Darién belonged to the elite, And the masses where just cattle in his eyes. Only to express such thoughts was looking for trouble, So his smile grew even wider when Nystacea threw the alcaholic liquid in his eyes. Darién remained unmoved however and wondered how this foreign man would take this insult. Darién knew that the woman was getting in over her head with this guy and it made sense that she immediately started to search protection with him, the mysterious and skilled looking male awaiting for the end of evening, drinking in some corner, accompanied by a hot looking woman, Yes every woman meant for travel would eventually come back running to him when his other companions like the Ghost, Xaod or this newcomer would try to hurt them…

Darién’s eyes focussed back on Nystacea;
I see that you’ve met “Your”… best friend for during the journey. And his eyes contained a little glance of admiration for the woman. Even tough Darién knew no admiration, but was more surprised about finding this woman to have a quite different character then he initially taught on first sight.

Then he focussed back on the foreigner to see his counter-action.

Kain Cristar
Divine Aspect
Approved Character

Elf, Co'orhem Kayrrhem

« Reply #144 on: December 06, 2005, 11:02:22 AM »

Kain studies the woman, searching her for slight imperfections, each of which only enhances her beauty. Stray hairs glimmer in the light, a feiry red halo of warmth. He hears as if far away shouting and then a jumble of foot falls, but each is in the distance, each is inconcequencial. She is what matters. He further examines his thoughts, and is deep within himself when a fleshy blur crosses his vision. Kain leans left, trying to catch a glimpse of the red head, and then feels something wet and painful in his eyes. He smiles and wipes the liquid away, chastizing himself for not paying more attention to the peasent woman. He realizes that he has already drained himself, and without Mo'epher he had no true way of reclaiming his lost energies, but he also realizes that the would not know this. Oh, little girl, of thine impartial grace I see an insult most foul. I said bow and hope that I ignore you. His eyes shift off of the blonde and onto the gloating man who she has retreated to, so typical of her kind. You should reign in your whores, let their actions impart on you their disgraces. His smile is sinister and full of malice. Slowly he licks the last of the driping liquor from his lips and raises both of his hands. Do you wonder how I escaped? Does the thought that men had died under my hands tonight cross your pitifully ignorant minds? Request such knowlege from one of the armored fools that watch us as hounds watch wolves. They will tell you how their friends were found. He growls the words, staring down into each of their eyes, allowing them to see the might of his soul. Though they soften when they reach to beauty, soften to something nearly human.

Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #145 on: December 07, 2005, 04:15:22 AM »

Darién remained his nonchalant look as the man spoke to him. His words where far more fancy then his, Yet the core of his speech was nothing more then a attempt of intimidation. He had killed men tonight,… So what? Darién would’ve killed men too if he would’ve had his swords at that particular time,.. Death meant nothing to him, His whole life was based on death, and he also rather died then to allow humiliation. Kain's intimidation only caused Darién to laugh inside; For the man’s ignorance…

When the man was done speaking Darién directed to him;
Who are you exactly? ……………What makes you think that you can just order people around and even insult those who are superior to yourself (With that, Darién meant himself).
His voice was silent and venomous, And his gesture told enough; to see that he actually felt superior to this man.

I think you should apologise to the lady, He continued this time on his normal tone. Darién had noticed the similarities in this stranger and his thought patrons and knew that he would not do it unless he was forced too, And Darién had taken the bait, He was going to get entangled in another fight, and this conversation was just his foreplay. This guy had an awful big mouth and he would gladly humiliate the guy for that.

Better yet, Get on your knees and bow, And hope that I shall ignore Your pitiful behaviour.

Darién looked completely sober compared to some moments ago, As he had gotten into a mental fight with Kain.

The Ghost
Blood Child
Approved Character

Elf, Ahrhim

« Reply #146 on: December 07, 2005, 10:39:22 AM »

The guards released The Ghost soon after he told them to. This was not surprising, even armoured guards were caught off balance when The Ghost used THAT tone of voice.

The new comer soon got into a verbal battle with one of the females, and the drunk peacock soon came in, defending the female. Obviously the peacock was thinking with his nether-regions, to speak of manners towards a lady, when by the looks of him he often treated women much less than civilly. Not that The Ghost had much room to talk. The monstrosities that The Ghost had commited towards females would make his newfound companions blanch with horror.

Still the entire situation amused him, the peacock trying his damndest to look strong in front of the females and the newcomer likewise doing his damndest to appear better than everyone in the room. This little queque for the sword would be quite the amusing diversion.

I am the Darkness between the stars.
I am the Silence between whispers.
I am there in your darkest of dreams.
I am The Ghost, and you cannot escape.

- The Ghost

I am the Darkness between Stars
I am the Silence between Whispers
I am There, in Your Darkest of Dreams
I am
The Ghost, and you Can Not Escape.
Kain Cristar
Divine Aspect
Approved Character

Elf, Co'orhem Kayrrhem

« Reply #147 on: December 07, 2005, 12:29:22 PM »

Kain looks slightly taken aback. He knew that Darien was foolish and egotistical, but this level of acenine ingorance was astounding for a man of his occupation. The ones were usually dead by now. If he had Mo'epher he would have killed the man, and if he had not already used so much power he could have won a fight. He smiles and slowly raises his hood, his soft elegance wreathing the air with the storm's cold. I give no qualms to the wretchedest of whores, my friend Darien, and your ignorant youth may find you to be my superior, but I find my person masked from your knowledge, while I know you as a mother knows it's babe. You think yourself superior, yet in your short days you have known nothing and done nothing. You find yourself to be alive, when your life is but a blink of an eye. I have been practicing my arts since before your mother's mother was born. You are but a man. You are nothing, and if you really wish to engage my person I sugest you act quickly. No man moves fast as the wind. With movements exigent as the energies which he has mastered, he presses his palms together and draws within himself the energy that he wishes to unleash. He seperates the earth and wind, each oun going to a respective hand. In less than a second he has created enough inbalance for a painful, if not deadly, spell.  As the the second drags on, Kain seperates his hands and shouts in the esoteric Styrash, Lesser winds strike! A bolt of blindingly bright energy surges forward, perfectly aimed at Dariens chest. It moves faster than the eye can see, and at one moment the air between them is clear, and in the next it is full of blindingly bright energies, writhing and screaming as they rend the air about them. Kain leans forward and takes a step towards his foe, exagerating the vast difference in height between he and Darien. His eyes are filled with malice and burn into Gulath, they only see one thing, they see him burning to their will. The room fills with the roar of lightning and the stench of burning. With all it's might, the spell drains him; three seconds later as the bolt dies down to nothing, his breathing becomes rapid and ragged. His mind grows weary from all of the excertion he has put it through. Deep in his eyes, there is suprise. Near the end of the spell he had almost lost control. He would not be able to summon annother static bolt of such power today.

Edited by: Kain Cristar  at: 12/7/05 7:54

Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #148 on: December 08, 2005, 02:44:22 AM »

Kain had caught Darién off-guard, As he had not expected his opponent to be a magician...
The blast of energy caught him full in the chest, And Darién was blown trough the air with an amazing speed, the magic and Darién’s weight where nearly lethal as he smashed with his back against the wall, squeezing the air out of his lungs. a bottles of liquor shattered near him and some dust rose up at the point where he’d hit the wall. His ribs had received a heavy crush between the wall and this sudden stream of magical wind. Darién rolled to his knees and tried to breathe… The world spinned before his eyes, and everything slowly started to get dark,…

Yet even from out of his worst misery his eyes flashed trough the room;… Most people where watching in their direction now… He could not afford to be taken down this easily… He could not give up just yet… He quickly shook his head to allow his blood to circulate,…

He tried to get up, yet the world kept spinning in front of him, He fell down to his knees once again, This time with his hands on the floor. To make things worse; he also felt his liquor in his stomach to boil upwards on it's way to exit.

Darién nearly choked on the floor between the trash of damage, the spell had done.  

Edited by: Darien Gulath at: 12/8/05 22:38
Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« Reply #149 on: December 09, 2005, 05:45:22 AM »

Nasty frowns at Darien's cryptic comment, moving towards where Rheine is upon the dias, to stand with her as the two men verbally strut about one another.  She is about to make another comment to the other girl when the new man says something weird and then a bright light streams from his hands toward Darien, knocking him up against the wall.  Frightened, she scrambles backwards to duck behind the throne only to bump into another warm body.  "Kack," she exclaims in a barely controlled voice, dropping her empty goblet as she turns to face the Duke's advisor.  He looks like he is about to say something to her so she turns and half-flees a few steps, back the way she came.  

She notices that the newcomer - the mage, as she now registers - isn't advancing and in her fear she wonders if he is looking for a new target.  Stuck between Guoranala and Kain, she takes the one who isn't attacking and slips by him, out around the other side of the throne and back into the middle of the room.  This puts her behind Kain as he faces Darien, but far enough away from him to hopefully not seem a threat.  Looking at the spot where the first fight had taken place she curses silently at the elf who made her drop her goblet - she would have welcomed anything which could have been used to defend herself at this point.

Nasty Lady

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]