Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter One: Infiltration  (Read 17873 times)
Koldar Mondrakken
New Santharian

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2001, 03:54:22 AM »

I smile at Avour. "Yes, thanks. My stubborn bones would've found their way back to normal on their own but I'm feeling much better now. Not like somebody who has been thrown through a wall by an angry Gorba."

Looking at Talia. "Normally Elves can't read minds without force or your help but they sense more than humans and dwarves and that will be helpful. And anything Elves can do, any mage can do as well so I'd like to stay with an Elf who is certainly not as powerhungry and we certainly need someone capable of magic." ..."beside Capher, I mean." I add thinking about this strange man.

I again think about the group of people we're. Lots of secrets and lots of well hidden memories. 'Anyone has secrets as dark as the Netherworlds.' I remind myself.
'That is not the point. The point is for what purpose we suffered. We did for the right cause!' I assure myself.

I lighten up again and ask Avour "Who and what was Fluni?"

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight

Avour
New Santharian

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2001, 08:07:22 AM »

“Avour glad that Kol-dar Friend alright now.” She pauses. “Fluni Animal Friend. Avour not know what Human Kin call him. Know that he is Stag. Brown.” Having difficulties trying to explain that Fluni is a male deer who had befriended her while she lived in his forest.

“Went out one day, he not come to Avour. I call and call and call. Nothing, none of his Kin come either. All gone when sun come up.” She looks down at the ground obviously saddened by the memory. “Fluni just gone.” Avour walks towards the door leading against the wall once she is there.

“Animal Friends die, Avour understand. All Fluni Kin gone – makes no sense.” Trying to bring herself out of her sudden gloominess she takes out the diamonds from her back pocket and plays around with them watching them sparkle as she moves her hand around. Slowly this raises her spirits as they always do.

Avour

“You’d be lost if I wasn’t here to annoy you”               – Little Sister speaking to Big Sister.......

Edited by: Avour at: 11/22/01 11:08:43 pm
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2001, 02:43:22 PM »

Terra takes no interest in the conversation, turns to her pack , and removes a sharpening stone and a sheathed dagger. She then slides the dagger and sheath firmly behind her belt, removes the dagger from its sheath, and begins to sharpen it idly, more for something to occupy herself, and not that to really needs it.

'Life is a grim reality, through which only honor shines.'

Edited by: Terra Artemos at: 11/23/01 4:49:27 pm
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2001, 01:37:22 AM »

I listen to Silfer's explanation as we walk up to the room.  his friends? I wonder who his friends are? I look at him suspiciously. I tried to put myself in his position. An adventurous elf, searching for something besides adventure, looking for magical and old artifacts, hearing rumors maybe he even heard of my story that I told so long ago in the bar about Kuriks Anvil from one of his friends. He decides to come and find me. Finds me and offers help. It is logical, I think. On the other hand, it is also a little to convienient. The other side could use this a well concieved plan to plant a spy in our midst. I will just keep an eye on him and see what he really is about?

We arrive at the room, I knock, and enter leading the way closing the door behind us. "Silfer Darkflare, this is Koldar, Terra, Avour, and Taila." I point to each of my friends in turn. "He is an adventerous elf who somehow has heard of me, and is offering his assistance." I say to the others. "After what we tell him he may change his mind. Silfer find a place to sit. We do not have much time for explanations for plans must be made tonight for we head for Strata before dawn. Ok, now that we are all here;Has anyone thought of a way to infiltrate the underground?" I ask looking around.

With deepest regards,Capher

Edited by: Capher at: 11/23/01 4:49:33 pm
Silfer Darkflare
Approved Character

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2001, 04:16:22 AM »

"Good day to all of you." I say,then sit down in an empty chair. "At least he trusts me",I think,watching the others. "If i would be in his place i would ask twise the number of questions he asked,and be twise as careful. But who knows what he thinks..." I turn to Capher,awaiting the explanation.

Wisdom is only possesed by the learning.

Koldar Mondrakken
New Santharian

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2001, 05:15:22 AM »

I watch the Elf closely. 'One we have to take care off, we still don't know what drives him. He knows Capher? Good old boy, what've you told at other places that someone knows you and has looked for you?'

Pushing these thoughts aside I turn my attention to Capher again. I don't know if anyone else was in Strata before but I was so I raise my hand to get everybody's attention.

"The Stratanian underground is the realm of the thieves, the smugglers and the murderers. Breaking in might not be the problem, getting anywhere without help will be. Even the city officials never tried to cleanse it from the shadows of society by force so we should not consider doing that as well.
If we don't find someone to bring us on the right track we will not find anything of value at all or cause trouble. The later would be more likely..."

I think about the situation again and wait for the others to agree or add something and esspecially watch the Elf guy's reaction to what is said.

Edited by: Koldar Mondrakken at: 11/23/01 11:31:12 pm
Silfer Darkflare
Approved Character

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2001, 06:34:22 AM »

"Hm, intresting.Do you know of anyone who could guide us?For payment, or just to avoid death..." I turn to Koldar, hoping the answer will be positive.

Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2001, 09:35:22 AM »

Talia looks suspiciously at the elf who enters the room after Capher, but well, she thinks, I don‘t know Capher either, I will give him a chance.
Capher then asks for proposals how to infiltrate the stratanian underground. Difficult, she never was there, but there are more things to considerate.Koldar says that he knows Strata, maybe he can make contact with somebody, Silfer, the elf is asking him if he knows somebody.
but there are other things to consider as well, so Talia takes the word:

„I have never been to Strata, so I can‘t help much in this direction, but I have some questions, some things to think about, maybe an idea.

First  a simple question, where will we stay in Strata? Will there be a safe place where I can leave my Ai‘ or is she a sight too uncommon so that she will draw unwanted attention to us? Is it wise to arrive in Strata as a whole group or should we go there divided in two or three groups? How will we contact any person of interest there, who are these persons?

My next proposal is to start to know each other a bit better and to do it with telling us our strengths and weakness in general and in a fight. This way we are better able to defend ourselves if the need arises.

Anything else?

Oh yes, well , hmm,.............. maybe I have an idea to contact some people.“

Somehow she seems to hesitate to go on with talking, but then she carries on:
„Though I always was, well,  a noble lady as far as my memory goes and I can trust it, there was a time when I  - just out of fun - changed my cloths in secret and went out to mix with the common folks and the profession I choose was that of  a fortuneteller. And I tell you“ and now she starts to laugh „I was quite successful! And I learned a lot of what the people I was responsible for were like, I knew their wishes, their needs and their desires. So maybe I will be successful here as well and get some of the information we need. What do you think?“

"Imagination is more important than knowledge; for knowledge is limited whileimagination embraces the entire world." - Albert Einstein

Avour
New Santharian

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2001, 10:26:22 AM »

The Elf walks in with Capher straight past Avour. He didn’t even notice her. Disappointed she puts her hands on her hips and pouts. Avour is getting incredibly sleepy, her eyes ‘hanging out of her head’. It’s been a big day and has done her best not to be grumpy with any one.

They start talking about infiltrating some place. “What is in-ful-rating?” She asks. Sleepily she rubs both here eyes with her fists. “We go there to get more shiny rocks for you?’ Avour half questions, half states. “When Forest Friends want something they wait until Mother and Father gone from nest.” She rubs the bottom of her nose and yawns.

“When Mother and Father gone from nest go in and rocks. If they no leave, make something to get their…” Avour stumbles over the word that she is looking for “Site. Make something so that they have to leave nest.” She suggests and yawns again.

“You’d be lost if I wasn’t here to annoy you”               – Little Sister speaking to Big Sister.......

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2001, 02:46:22 AM »

After I introduced Silfer to everyone and ask my question I went to the far wall and seemingly stared out the window. But I was closely paying attention to everything that was being said. I hear Koldar mentioning he may know someone who can lead us into the underground. That is good I think to myself. Silfer seems eager to help and sound intelligent, but I still have my doubts about him. Then Talia started asking questions. Questions that had arisen in my mind, though at the time I did not think were relevant. However as she brings them up they become more and more relevant. Should we go as big group? Should we break up and go in smaller groups? Where do we stay? What about the animals, especially her Ai. Then she mentions she used to go around as a fortune teller. An Idea hit me.

"I don't mean to interrupt, but Talia has given me an idea. If it works. How many here can do carnival tricks? Here is my idea, we go as a troupe of fools, carnival tricksters. That way we can travel as a large group without causing to much of a stir. As far as where we stay we can stay in a tent outside of the city. Or if we find an inn large enough we stay there . I prefer the tents outside of the city for security and we can talk more freely within those confines than if we were in an inn where we could be accidentally overheard. Once we are there Talia goes into her act, Koldar you can try and see if you can contact your contacts. For those of us who can't do carnival tricks, I'm sure that carnivals hire protection, so like Terra, if you don't know how to do carnival tricks or you Silfer then I will rely upon you as our protection. The trick is, is to draw attention to ourselves, but from the right people and to make the others think that we are a group of harmless tricksters out to make people laugh and have a good time and then we move on. I even think I have a place for Avour, in fact besides Talia's fortune tellling Avour would be our main attraction. What do you think? Will it work Koldar? You seem to know the Stratanarian people. Do they look forward to such people and events as I have described? Or would they look at it suspiciously?"

I await their replies, suggestions and comments.

That bard downstairs may even come in handy. He would fill out the deception nicely.

With deepest regards,Capher

Silfer Darkflare
Approved Character

« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2001, 03:47:22 AM »

I turn my attention to Capher. "If the people in Strata are used to such events, then we could make the whole affair without attracting attention." I fall silent for some seconds, then talk again: " I can use my magic in a show.Lightning can create wonderful lights. With some smoke, it can look quite good,and smoke i can create.So i am for that idea." I fall back to my thoughts about what will come out of this affair,if anything will.

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2001, 04:08:22 AM »

Terra, looks almost ready to yell at Capher when he asks about doing carnival trick, but eased slightly when he mentioned the role of protection. She looks at Capher with cold focus then speaks. "My skill are strictly for combat, I do not believe they will be of use much past that."

'Life is a grim reality, through which only honor shines.'

Koldar Mondrakken
New Santharian

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2001, 05:13:22 AM »

I consider Capher's  suggestion closely and think about the few people I know in Strata... scratching my chin I think about various possibilities. 'Contacts? There are not that many I know!' Finally...
"It won't work." I conclude.
"We would draw too much attention by doing this. A group of tricksters and clowns might not look suspicious but people will remember us. And when we start to ask questions and catch someone's attention we will create a track you can easily follow. Also, the thieves will watch a group of unknown tricksters closely when they enter the city. You can't work in their territories without obeying to their conditions.
And finally, I don't want to find one thief or contact I want to find a certain one. If nothing radically changed I think I know where to find him.
We want to get something from the guild, right? We can only do so when we can talk to someone who has influence in their hierarchy. I think we should enter the city in small groups to catch as little attention as possible. Two or three people each. Talia might enter the city alone and visit some places to gather some information on her own. Avour, Capher and Silfer make the second group and me and Terra the last. This way we should distract anyone's attention and can enter without problems.
I will try to find my contact and we meet somewhere afterwards. Me and Terra are looking the most like mercenaries so noone would wonder when we travel into the harbor district. Or we all meet where I hope to find my contact but I fear that might be too obvious. Dealing with thieves is not easy, you know."

I wait as I've said enough already but I wonder what way it would work.
'Really not easy. When we make the wrong first impression we will not meet any thief at all.'

Edited by: Koldar Mondrakken at: 11/24/01 8:17:18 pm
Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2001, 08:43:22 AM »

Talia starts suddenly laughing, her hands try to hide it but with no effect.. Seeing Terras face who nearly was about to  kill Capher, at least with her eyes  - and then Koldar with his well said arguments against the carnival troop:
„Koldar, your arguments are so good and you are certainly right, but I have the impression that the driving force behind it is your fear that you could end as a knife thrower or something like this and that is beneath your dignity . Oh dear, I really love you all already, my stomach hurts , sorry if I can‘t be serious just know.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge; for knowledge is limited whileimagination embraces the entire world." - Albert Einstein

Avour
New Santharian

« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2001, 12:02:22 PM »

Talia suddenly starts laughing, slowly Avour looks around and notices that Terra isn’t to happy with the current conversation.

“Avour be main attraction Cap-her Friend?” Avour asks wiping her hand over one eye and then folds her arms. “What can Avour do to main attract?”

“Sleep on ideas and talk when wake up. Avour very sleepy. Don’t understand th-e-if , in-flu-trate, how Avour can be main attraction. Talking in words that Avour don’t know not worry Avour much, talking when all sleepy and trying to say yes or no on big questions dumb to do.” Avour looks grumpily at each of them moving only her eyes, almost frowning but not quite. She yawns again and fidgets about.

Avour

Edited by: Avour at: 11/25/01 3:03:55 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[June 28, 2019, 02:11:14 PM]

[June 28, 2019, 02:10:53 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]