Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter Two/ Encounter With Bium  (Read 23440 times)
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« on: December 12, 2001, 12:49:22 AM »

I rise fully rested. I notice Avour sleeping on the floor and Terra on the bed next to her. I wake them up. "Wake up Avour, Terra time to leave. I will waken the others, then go downstairs grab some food and then we will be off. Meet at the stables." I walk out the door, closing it behind me and knock on the other door."Time to wake up. We are losing daylight. Get dressed then all us meet at the stables." I walk down stairs, notice Koldar in the garden. "Koldar I woke everyone up. Make sure they are packed and ready to go. We are losing daylight. I am going over to the trading store and buy us some food. I am afraid we are going to have eat on the road. I hope you slept well my friend."

I pat Koldar on the shoulder and continue on my way. I find a trading post and quickly acquire some snake filets, Stratanarian Coffee, Bags for water and other odds and ends that I thought we might need. I know that it is only a days ride to Strata but you never know what might happen. It is better to be prepared than not to be, especially in the desert.  

I head back to the stables, Then I remember I flew here I need a horse. I search for a horse trader and find one, I purchase a black stallion and a saddle. He was a little wild unitl I told him in mind speech what I would do to him if he didn't calm down. He immediately calmed down and I led him back to the stables waiting for the others I quickly packed the things I bought in the saddle bags and sat down waiting for the others.

Wisdom is given to those whom it knows.Capher

Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2001, 09:43:22 AM »

The stars loose  their brilliance and a the tops of the nearby dunes get a first red shimmer and tell the world that Injara is about to rise. A warm soft nose with long whiskers is touching Talias face softly. She is awake the next minute: „Thank  you, my little friend“ she smiles at her dune mouse which was away hunting and gathering food while Talia was asleep. Talia gets up, caresses Swing and buries her face for a while in the soft fur of the neck. She wipes the last remnants of her sleep with a few hand full of cold water out of her face , looks through her belongings and makes sure that her  hidden weapons - two underarm daggers and two boot knives -  sit in the right place. Finally the fastens her long dagger - the visible one -  to her side and her long sword to her back, puts the dune mouse into her place and fastens her other belongings onto Swings back.

„Today you will have a guest  on your back, Swing“ she talk to her Aj‘, „be a good girl , please“ and with these words she strikes the throat of her animal which seems to enjoy her touch. „Come on, lets look for the others!“

It is a short way to the stable where Talia finds Capher already waiting.
„Good morning Capher, did you have a good night?“

"Don't be pushed by your problems.  Be led by your dreams."

Avour
New Santharian

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2001, 11:27:22 AM »

When Avour wakes up she is on the floor. She thinks to herself that she must have fallen off the chair which would explain her sore hip. She watches Talia leave the room and then slowly gaining the coordination of her body again Avour stands up and picks up the small dagger that Koldar gave her and slips it through her belt.

Looking about the room she can’t see anything else that she’s left behind. Talia’s cape is still attached to her body so Avour walks down towards the stables and looks about. She doesn’t have a horse. Remembering that she borrowed a horse from a neighboring property when she left she looks about ponders what she is to do.

Her face showing the workings of her brain she looks about and thinks that she can call a horse assuming that one would be free. Not able to think of anything else she walks about the back of the stable and then makes a strange horse noise. Moments later the palomino horse that Avour rode there appeared and trotted up towards her.

Feeling rather chuffed she leads the horse about to where Talia and Capher stand and pat her horse on the neck. Smiling she greets both Talia and Capher waving her hand. With a little bounce she jumps up and sits on her horse bare back, holding on to it’s mane she looks down at Capher.

“When do we leave Capher Friend?” She asks.

“You’d be lost if I wasn’t here to annoy you”
             – Little Sister speaking to Big Sister.......
Character Description

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2001, 02:06:22 PM »

Terra was laying awake hears Capher say it was time to leave, and to meet at the stables. Terra sits up and seeing Avour leave the room and no one else was in the room, then gets out of bed and proceeds to remove her brown armor from one of the sattle bags, removes the kimono like garment she had warn to bed, and puts on her armor. After tightening the buckles so that the armor fit snug to her body, and give her above average mobility, she put on her belt the armlets she was wearing when she arrived at the Thirsty Herald, then placed her sword firmly behind her belt.

She grabs her pack and sattle bags, and heads for the stables, arriving to find Avour, Capher and Talia already there, and ready to go when the others arrive. Coming to a stop before the stable doors, she whistles in three bursts, two short and one long, followed by her horse trotting up before her. As she fastens the sattle, and sattle bags to her horse, she says, "Capher, I am ready to go. Where could I find Koldar?".

'Life is a grim reality, through which only honor shines.'

Silfer Darkflare
Approved Character

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2001, 05:21:22 PM »

After getting the sleep out of my eyes, I check my little belongings. The gold is getting short, i am glad i started on this adventure. I take my travelling cloak and go down to the stables. Almost everyone are there already. Only Koldar is still missing. Well, now we will start, and then who knows. After all, we need to survive to find out...

Nor good nor evil can exist alone. Only in balance the world is maintained.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2001, 08:05:22 AM »

Everyone is here except Koldar. Now where could he be I think to myself. I say to the others. "I think we should head out. Koldar knows the way and will catch up to us. I jump on my horse and start riding away.

Wisdom is given to those whom it knows.Capher

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2001, 08:58:22 AM »

This Capher is an impatient person, Talia thinks.  Why is he in such a hurry? Couldn‘t we just look for Koldar, he can‘t be far away.
With raised eyebrows Talia watches Capher jump on his horse. His horse? From where did he have this horse, he didn‘t have one yesterday, did he? And Talia can‘t see an opportunity to buy one , especially not in the middle of the night.   But these clothes came from nowhere as well, strange. And when they met this morning Swing didn‘t want to go near him . Even stranger.

The dress, has anybody thought to bring them down from the room?
Avour obviously not, she has nothing except Talias white woollen blanket. Avour already sits on a beautiful palomino horse.  Where did she get it? Talia thought that Avour would ride with her on her Aj‘ and is deep inside a bit sad that this isn‘t true now. But well, you never know , maybe it is better this way.

Compared to Capher Terra who seemed a bit strange to her yesterday gives Talia now  the feeling of safety only persons can give you who you think you know. And she has already lost her prejudice against Silfer, well, a cautious eye on him will not do any harm.

„I think the clothes are still upstairs, I will  go for them and have a look in the garden, maybe I find Koldar. Go on and follow Capher if you like , I will catch up soon.“ And with a twinkle in her eyes she adds: „ Now my Aj‘ can show that his longer legs can carry me faster than your horses!“
With these words she heads towards the tavern, Swing follows her slowly to the entrance.

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2001, 09:57:22 AM »

As Talia goes back to the tavern, Terra mounts her horse, and follows Capher.

'Life is a grim reality, through which only honor shines.'

Koldar Mondrakken
New Santharian

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2001, 11:21:22 AM »

After Capher told me to prepare I look around. 'Important things have to go first.' So I head for the well and wash my face, arms and hair with cold water. After stroking my dark hair back I look through my equipment. Everything okay so far including my weapons and my leather armor. But there's one more thing to do so I climb a dune nearby and look for a silent place. Going down on my knees I put the sword on my thighs and fold my hands to meditate and to pray.
'It is time for another competition, oh Great One. You made me survive all obstacles and traps only to face even worse ones on my path.
Your challenges have grown, Great One but so did I! I'll not lose, I'll not fail! Bless my friends and foes alike. I'll prove worthy.'
I stand up looking around. I has been weeks since I prayed the last time to my Gods. Not that I was that religious at all but it has been tradition to pray for luck before you start a new task.
And it was already nearing! A rider just passed the other dune nearing the Thirsty Herald coming from the desert. A smart, wild horse, it seems. I grin. 'This won't be his day.' Without any doubt about what to do next I step towards the rider. When he's only few meters away I rise my hand to hail him. The rider, clothed in a thick white coat against the sun stops and eyes me suspicious. I think, 'Why not? He's completely right!' Politely I point my sword towards him.
"I'm sorry, noble one, but I fear I have to borrow your horse for an urgent mission. If you accept this sack with one hundred gold pieces I'd be in your debt forever. I reach for my purse shaking it a bit to prove its content.
The rider first stares at me in shock, then in amusement and last in anger. "Begone, dirty burglar. We don't need your kind to make these road safer!" With these words he draws his sabre which was hidden in his coat and prepares to ride over me. 'Not that I would've done anything else!' I muse and jump towards him before he even realizes what's going on.
The horse gets nervous and is near to panic when I halfway jump into the saddle right before the stranger. With one hand I grab his swordarm before he can hit me with his sword, and hit him with the hilt of my sword directly into the face. Together with the nervously rising horse and my weight suddenly on his chest he loses his balances and falls from the horse. I follow shortly afterwards not without pressing my elbow with force into his throat. He can hardly breath so he needs some seconds to recover but I'm already there to end the fight before it gets bloody. I step on his swordhand and give him a final blow with the hilt.  At once he passes out.
I check that he's not severely wounded. Luckily he isn't, 'Except in his proud and honor, that is.' I guess I'll multiply in his story about the robbery up to twelve men with fierce swords all attacking him at the same time. 'Only fair' I think and throw my sack of gold onto his stomach. Thinking over it I wonder if Capher will ever realize that I'm no mercenary and put his emerald on the chest of the traveller as well. It must be worth more than five horses!
This will cease most of the pain and the loss.
I turn my attention to the horse again which has stopped somewhat away from my place. "Come on, wild one! Noone will do anything to you. Relax. Only some heated bartering..."
I calm the horse down and slowly reach for its back then for its neck and mouth. As I hold it by the nose slowly stroking it to make it comfortable with me I continue to speak with it.
"I think, I'll call you Sooravash. It should mean "vivid wind" somehow but don't ask me if that is correct." When I feel that the horse is relaxing again and hear the man moan from his increasing headache I decide that it is time to leave the place.

I mount the horse and first slowly head back to the Thirsty Herald. I go through his belongings and decide to drop them on the next dune where'll find them. 'The horse and the saddle, no need for more.'
I soon recognize that I was right with my assumption about Soóravásh to be wild. Maybe the owner will be not as happy with the treasure I gave him as I thought. It seems I stripped him from a light, fast desert runner. I increase the speed and reach the well.
Taking my belongings and I fasten them at the saddle, my staff horizontal at on side and my sword on the other.I go through my hair again till it stays where it is supposed to and then decide to look for the others.

On an horse's back and with my face refreshed I feel new-born. With a confident smile I come around the corner to the stables. "Everyone ready?" I ask looking puzzled when I notice noone is around.

'Damn! I wanted all to learn about my new treasure' I pad Soóravásh on her back. Slowly I get off the horse looking around. 'Maybe they started without me? Nice folk.' I add with a grim smile.
Leading the horse into the stables I recognize that Terra's horse is gone. But there was still Talia's Aj! I leave the stables again. "Anybody still there?" I yell, waiting for someone to reply.

'Great! That's a very unique idea of organization!' I bend one arm around Soóravásh's neck and wait for anyone's reply.

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight

Edited by: Koldar Mondrakken at: 12/14/01 3:43:32 pm
Avour
New Santharian

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2001, 04:09:22 PM »

Avour looks about and can’t see Silfer any where. "Avour no see Sil-fer Friend?” Avour calls out to Capher. She rides her horse up towards his horse. “Avour call for friend-horse who brought her here, Cap-her do same?” She asks Capher “Why Capher friend offer Avour red rocks before?” She pats her back pocket to make sure that her diamonds are still there.

“When we split up so that Avour is main attrac-tion?” She asks innocently. Laughing Avour lets go of the reigns and raises her hands in the air saying “Avour all question today! Wonder what reason is?” Sounding like a child about to head off to a fun park Avour laughs again and smiles feeling rather chuffed with herself for no particular reason at all.

“You’d be lost if I wasn’t here to annoy you”
             – Little Sister speaking to Big Sister.......
Character Description

Edited by: Avour at: 12/14/01 2:03:43 am
Silfer Darkflare
Approved Character

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2001, 12:34:22 AM »

I see the others depart and realize no one knew i am not riding. Damn them! Have they all lost the vits they had?

Edited by: Silfer Darkflare at: 12/14/01 12:59:48 pm

Gean Firefeet
Approved Character

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2001, 07:07:22 AM »

OOC Apologies for the short post, time stressed :(  /OOC

The sound of human feet rushing of stairs in the morning awoke Gean from his short sleep. He blinked once or twice before he remembered again where he was: the Thirsty Herald, that's it. With his head feeling like a dwarven anvil used by large dwarven smith he looked around. He was still in the taproom and slowly memories of last night came to his mind. He had Ham locked away, then it had been past midnight already when he had returned form the wine cellar. He had drank a few drinks with Ashden, it couldn't have been much really, at least he thought.

What had the sound been again? Oh yes, rushing feet. The thought had to come through twice before he realised he was missing the departure for Strata and quickly he rose to his feet, finding it was still hard to stand straight. He walked over to the kitchen and splashed some water in his face. Much better indeed. With his head still wet he ran upstairs. THe rooms seemed empty: they had left! Fool he was, and he may be their only guide, to the knightlike wanderer fellow might know something of the surrounding area as well. The next thought strucking him was even more disappointing: he didn't have a horse with him, as he preferred walking always. He could smack himself for the head, but there was no time.

He went downstairs and headed out the front door, still broken in small pieces. He saw a small group of riders at the horizon and decided he'd better try and run after him, and with that he grapped his staff tightly and leapt forward to the south, not realising he had just passed a few partymembers in the stables.

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2001, 10:02:22 AM »

Talia hurries upstairs, finds the clothes in the room where Capher, Avour and Terra had spent the night , folds them to a package as small as possible and leaves for the garden. But a quick glance around shows her that Koldar isn‘t here. Well, hopefully he will join their party  soon. She goes back to the stables and finds Swing half way. „Are all gone or are still some around?“ she asks her Aj, which is snoring in her face. As if this was an answer she hears someone shouting: „Anybody still there?“  „Swing, that‘s Koldar!“ and answering him she shouts back: „Yes, still here!“ moving over to him. „Seems we are the last ones, I really would like to know why Capher is in such a hurry!  Come on, lets follow them! I said that Swing would catch up easily with their horses, I don‘t want to take too much time.“

„Swing, will you allow me to ride on your back?“ Talia asks her Aj, and Swing lowers herself  so that Talia can mount easily, holding on one of the ropes which are fixed around the back and the neck of the Aj in a complicated manner.

Talia smiles at Koldar.  Maybe there is time for the story I missed last night.

Looking at his horse she wonders again: „ You have a marvellous horse, but why did you hide it yesterday? I didn‘t see you tending it! Or do you have a new story you can tell me?“ she says with a grin in her face, looking down on him from the height of her marvellous animal.  

Silfer Darkflare
Approved Character

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2001, 10:03:22 PM »

I run towards Talia on her marvellous horse. "Talia, can i ride with you?" I shout, " Because I dont have a horse."

Edited by: Silfer Darkflare at: 12/14/01 7:10:25 pm

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2001, 10:36:22 AM »

Talia looks at Silfer and is  shocked:  Did he say HORSE to her AJ‘NUVIC??? But then she  smiles and says:
„Of course, Silfer, if  Swing allows it, but it seems she is in a good mood. ...Though she doesn‘t want to lower herself, maybe you have insulted  her calling her a horse. But at least she doesn‘t bite you. So try to hold on these ropes to lift you up, I reach you my hand. But with my sword on my back you have to sit in front of me.“

Talia bends down to give Silfer a hand to climb on the Aj.

„Now put your feet into these loops here and you can have a grip with your hands on these ropes as well. You see, an Aj doesn‘t accept a lead around his head. Now lets hope that you will stay with me“, she advises him laughing.  Lets hope Swing will not do any bad jokes with Silfer, she surely has understood what he said!

And to Koldar:
„Are we ready now?“

And the journey in the south begins.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]