Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter Two/ Encounter With Bium  (Read 22798 times)
Koldar Mondrakken
New Santharian

« Reply #120 on: January 09, 2002, 07:53:22 AM »

Still waiting for Terra to say at least anything except her normal short statements 'You can still hope right?' I watch the halfling talking to Talia. It somehow annoys me although I can't say wether it is his over-polite "wannabe your friend" voice or because he talks to Talia.
'Maybe both.' I think.

Just to disrupt this conversation somehow I note "Well, bard Almenda, we indeed head for Strata." 'Where else? We are heading south and there's nothing of interest for the next ten miles.'
"For your equipment... when none of my companions took it with him I fear you'll have to discuss with a hungry Gorba about it. He might be well pleased to meet you again."
I add with a slightly satisfied smile on my face.
Looking at the other members of our party for agreement.
"I think you can accompany us on our way to Strata. What we do then we can decide when it is the right time. Now let's find this Oasis Gean spoke off and finally get to Strata before nightfall."

That said I turn back towards Terra still not sure what this was all about. 'You should keep yourself better under control. No time for kids-games.' I think by myself.

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight
--One Sword might make you a warrior but one sword and a dagger makes you the winner!--

Almenda
New Santharian

« Reply #121 on: January 09, 2002, 08:29:22 AM »

Almenda looked at the kight he hadn't noticed before. "Thank you sir. I now know that I'll have to find some way to get another mandolin and bow. 'Tis a shame. I loved that bow. nearly cost me an arm and a leg it did. Not joking ether.  Thieves may be weak sometimes, but never to weak."

He shifted up a little to see about the other members who would be in this group, and saw the mage from the Inn, somone hidden from the sun under a cape, a warrior lokking woman,  and another guy on a horse too big for him to control fully.

<This'll an intresting jurney.>

"If you can't do great things, do small things in a GREAT way."

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #122 on: January 10, 2002, 12:11:22 AM »

As I fly toward Strata, the use of my energies in transforming finally overcome me and I feel it. I look down and with sharp eyes I see my friends. I fly down closer to the earth, expending more energy and becoming weaker and weaker. Finally I see Collossus, with Gean riding him. I fly down and light down on Collossus behind Gean. I am so tired and exhausted that I turn back to Capher and immediately fall off the horse. The last thing I see is the sun as I drift off into unconciousness.

Capher, Tribes and Races Supervisor Moderator.Wisdom is given to those whom it knows.

Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #123 on: January 10, 2002, 01:34:22 AM »

Talia hardly manages to suppress a grin. For a short moment she looks at Koldar smiling without knowing it, then turns again to Almenda laughing:
“Well , dear bard,  you are already on the way to Strata as Koldar said and we are taking you with us in the moment. And with your payment, I hope that your voice is sufficient and that you don‘t need your mandolin. Oh please, don‘t move around, you will encounter our fellow travellers soon enough!“ With these words she pushes him slightly but firm back into his hammock. „See, I think over there is the oasis already!“

Looking out for the oasis she suddenly sees a bird diving out of the sky and landing on Colossus back - and Capher falling from the horse into the sand, not moving any more.

„Gean!“ she shouts, „stop!“

Capher lies unconsciously in the sand. Talia shortly advises her two guests to stay quiet,  removes her feet from the slings which hold her on the Aj‘ and doesn‘t wait till Swing has lowered herself but jumps down to be as quickly with Capher as possible. He isn‘t sunburned as the other hurt members of the party  put looks very pale and somehow old, like he would be totally exhausted. Some water would help till they have arrived in the oasis, but she has run out of it giving it to the strangers.
„Koldar, I need some water!“
She knees down and lifts his head slightly waiting for Koldars water.

"Don't be pushed by your problems.  Be led by your dreams."

Almenda
New Santharian

« Reply #124 on: January 10, 2002, 07:05:22 AM »

As Almenda was pushed back into the hammock by Talia, he saw somthing fly into the sun and then to the ground for all he could see. Then Talia jumps over him shouting 'Gean! Stop!' The first thing out of his mouth is "Is that bird a pet of yours?"

He then scoots up a little again, and see's an old looking man on the ground with Talia by him. He then says, "Sorry, my mistake. Thought I saw a bird."

Avour
New Santharian

« Reply #125 on: January 10, 2002, 11:49:22 PM »

Feeling a little more relief from the burning sun, Avour starts to think that having her winged friend fly her here wasn't such a great idea after all. She starts having images of her friends pass through her mind. Still smiling Avour continues to ride her horse, who continues to try and follow the strange animal however is being lead by another of it's kind. Becoming annoyed it shakes its head trying to rid it self of the annoyance.  

“You’d be lost if I wasn’t here to annoy you”
             – Little Sister speaking to Big Sister.......
Character Description

Koldar Mondrakken
New Santharian

« Reply #126 on: January 11, 2002, 06:16:22 AM »

Seeing Capher shapeshift from a bird to his human form impressed me. 'Wow. I knew you have more than just a few tricks, old man.' While his shapeshift was impressing his condition afterwards was not. He lands on hColossus but cannot get a hold and just falls off the horse lieing on the ground.

Talia is by his side within seconds and demands Water. Looking at my filled bottle I hestiate to ride to her. I jump off the horse and hand over the bottle. Looking at him I add worried. "How is he?"  

--One Sword might make you a warrior but one sword and a dagger makes you the winner!--

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #127 on: January 11, 2002, 09:48:22 AM »

„Thanks Koldar“, Talia takes the water and tries to give Capher some, holding his head so that he water is running into his mouth.
„I don‘t know Koldar, but it seems he would need some energy giving  stuff, not just water. Could we transport him somehow to this oasis over there, then I could help all our injured friends more easily. I have an energy  spending drink for Capher, but I need water to dilute it. I have a lot of remedies in my bags for the others, but we need some shade, we can‘t rest in the heat!" She looks at Avour and Terra and has the impression that quick hekp is needed. " Come on and let us try to lift him up your horse or perhaps Gean can take him on Colossus? But let us go to this Oasis quickly!“

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #128 on: January 11, 2002, 10:04:22 AM »

Having observed the situation from a short distance, uneasy about them, then moved her horse closer to where the group had gathered. {My impression of him being a wizard now seems ironic.} Terra thinks of Capher as she approaches without haist.

'Life is a grim reality, through which only honor shines.'

Avour
New Santharian

« Reply #129 on: January 11, 2002, 05:47:22 PM »

Avour lifts her head and points to the sky at nothing in particular and then flops her head back down. Not opening her eyes at all. Her smile still planted on her face she starts to prattle on as though she was having a conversation with someone. Although her words are unable to be made out.

Character Description

Edited by: Avour at: 1/11/02 8:48:17 am
Koldar Mondrakken
New Santharian

« Reply #130 on: January 12, 2002, 01:18:22 AM »

I agreeing with Talia completely esspecially as Avour seems to be not too well, too, looking dreamingly around.

I pick up Capher, well I somehow lift him onto my back as he's not that lightweighted and then throw him over the back of my horse which is not too happy to have another load on its back.

"I think we should hurry when we want to get to Strata still this day so we'd only make a short stop at the oasis and then continue" I add to Talia.

Climbing on my horse which somehow makes it to have a very tortured mimic on its face I ride forward beside Gean. "Gean, I see a green spot there between the hills. Is that the oasis? We can be there within the next hour, I guess. We cannot lose any time anymore or we have to spend another night in the desert and I already had enough of those nights. May you take the lead?"

I wait till the others had gathered and Avour is beside me and take some time to look after her. She's babbeling not understandable things as if she has some kind of halluzinations. It try to get to her through her dreams feeling her forehead which is still feels hot. I feel her cheeks as well and with a sigh of relief add "Don't worry, we will be at the oasis soon and you'll survive this although you shouldn't do this too often. Not good for your head."
I cover her again with the coat and look to the others, Terra, Silfer, Gean and Talia.

"Heyha! Let's go! We seem to have an aim!" I point at the green spot between the hills "And we should hurry to get there."

I secure Capher  who lies over the back of the horse and then ride on seeing the oasis coming nearer and nearer. After another hour or so we finally reach its outskirts. It is not much more than a water whole with some plants and palms around it but it will be enough for a small rest.
The water seems to get out of the rocky base of one of the hills forming a small pond. The shore is stony as well and the plants found better hold here where the wind cannot reach them. I quickly dismount my horse and find a shadowed place for Capher.
That done I head for the water to fill my bottles and bring some for Capher.

Almenda
New Santharian

« Reply #131 on: January 12, 2002, 06:59:22 AM »

Almenda, still peering out from the hammock, see's the knight give the old man a drink. <Hey, I remember that old man! He's the one from the inn.> He thinks, <I should have guessed.>

He then sees the one who is covered raise their hand towards the sky. I look at their skin, and see it green. <Who is that? Definitely not the gorba.>

As the knight carries the old man to the horse, Almenda settles back down. As they get riding, he goes to sleep.

When he wakes, they are at the oasis, and he get's out of the 'hammock' by accidently falling. "Uhf. That was a bit embarrassing." He get's up, and starts looking at the trees. <None of them the right type.> 'sigh'  

"Is it alright if I take a bath around here? I'll wait till we've filled the water bottles first, of course."

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #132 on: January 12, 2002, 07:50:22 AM »

Finally  we are here, this took already too long, I hope the others don‘t  mind if I command them around a bit, but we have to hurry, I don‘t want to be in the desert with all this hurt people, the cold might affect them to much

This time Talia gives Swing the sign to lower herself slowly. But before the Aj‘ goes down on her knees and sits finally so that Talia can demount easily, Almenda manages to fall out!   Oh dear,was I too careless and didn‘t fix the hammock properly???. At once she releases her other guest .
„Are you okay so far? I will look after you when I have helped Avour, seems she needs my help first. Perhaps you know by then what you need. Almenda, of course you can have a bath, look, we can fill our bottles over there by the well. If you can‘t move, stranger," she turns to the other" I‘ll bring you some water or shout for one of the others.“

Koldar is already busy with Capher. Talia searches for her bag with the remedies, finds a small box with powder in it and gives it to Koldar with the advice to mix it with water and to give it to Capher who will get back his strength hopefully.

Then she hurries to Avour, still hanging over the neck of her horse and not noticing anything, Silfer still behind her holding her.
„Silver, you can loosen your grip now, thanks for your effort“, Talia smiles to him.
Then she pulls Avour carefully from her horse and carries her light body over to  the little pond. She removes her cape and lets Avour gently glide into the cool water till all of her body is covered with the exception of her her face. A palm tree grows luckily near the bank of the pond so that her face is in the shade. The shore is stony, but that doesn‘t matter now. This way she can fix Avours head so she won‘t slide totally in the water.
 Hope this will carry away most of the excessive heat of her body. Cooling her front with her wet fingers she looks at her lovingly  How does it come that I start to love this girl after just a day . She could be my daughter regarding her age, but otherwise  she is so different. But I have to look after the others as well

She looks over to Almenda friend  Oh, don‘t know his name and tells him:
„If you are burned as well, take a short bath, I will give you a salve against the burnings later.“

Then the most difficult tasks awaits her, Terra, will she accept her help? Something  with her hands is wrong. They must be severely hurt through the digging in the sand, probably the skin is totally open, otherwise nobody would be able to notice that she has problems with the leaches.

While still hesitating a bit and looking around she sees an onion like plant growing near the well. Great, thats the solution for Terra if she can accept her help.This time Talia runs to the plant and cuts of two of her leaves. A sticky transparent fluid is slowly dropping from the cut. Then she goes over to Terra who has demounted from her horse meanwhile:

„Terra, I see that you have severe problems with your palms. May I help you? See, if your skin is open or even bloody you may not cool them in the water. you might get an infection. But I have a plant here which would solve part of your problems. Its liquid is cooling, takes part of the pain and draws the dirt out of your wounds,  and you have certainly some sand in it. It prevents an infection. I would like to put it on your palms and bandage them afterwards.
Please allow me to help you. I don‘t want to loose you, not only because we need you.“

Edited by: Talia Sturmwind  at: 1/14/02 10:33:26 pm
Avour
New Santharian

« Reply #133 on: January 13, 2002, 01:07:22 AM »

Feeling her body being floped about the place Avour becomes a little frightened and stiffens her body. Once she realises that it's Talia she relaxes. Feeling the coolness from the water being tappered over her.

"Avour <mumble> hot. Tali<mumble>iend help Avour. <mumble><mumble><mumble>" Avour says while cooling down. Her lips extremly dry. Occasionally opening her eyes and coming to again she sits up, feels her head spin, laughs and then falls back down. Her bodies reflexes stopping her from cracking her head by falling slowly. She does this a few times before falling alseep a little uncomfortably on the ground.

Character Description

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #134 on: January 13, 2002, 03:31:22 AM »

I feel a little water touch my lips and trickle down my throat. The water is more than water. It has been mixed with something, I know not what, but what ever it was it was coursing through my body giving me much need energy. I open my eyes and see Koldar above me with Talia next to him looking anxiously at me. I give them a smile and raise my left hand slightly with a thumbs up. I whisper." Thanks, all I need is a little rest. I guess I must be getting old, normally the energy I used would have been nothing, but I am drained, but recovering nicely. Whatever was in that water is greatly appreciated as well as all of your help. I will rest now."

I close my eyes and fall asleep.

Capher, Tribes and Races Supervisor Moderator.Wisdom is given to those whom it knows.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[June 28, 2019, 02:11:14 PM]

[June 28, 2019, 02:10:53 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]